GUILTY CT - Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, & 2 daughters killed in home invasion, 23 July 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There was also some testimony today that Michaela's shorts had bleach stains on them. I dont recall that from the previous trial. Not sure what to make of that. It could be evidence that JK was attempting to clean up DNA, or it could have been a laundry accident that occurred long before. Probably no way to know. I was unclear about whether Michaela's DNA was found on JK. Was it?

no it wasn't

Good question. Is there a witness list that is public? I can't remember what is in those letters. The journal I remeber as being pretty damaging to JK. Shows him to be very cold and control oriented.

Defense witness list: sealed by Judge Blue today

There was also some testimony today that Michaela's shorts had bleach stains on them. I dont recall that from the previous trial. Not sure what to make of that. It could be evidence that JK was attempting to clean up DNA, or it could have been a laundry accident that occurred long before. Probably no way to know. I was unclear about whether Michaela's DNA was found on JK. Was it?

BBM NOPE, the penile swab had JK's DNA only.....however, we have NO idea if he (who had ample time) urinated &/or washed up! :waitasec:

BBM NOPE, the penile swab had JK's DNA only.....however, we have NO idea if he (who had ample time) urinated &/or washed up! :waitasec:

What he admitted of doing to an 11 year old child is sick enough.

I remember that fact from the Hayes trial. That fact does NOT fit in to JK's explanation of what happened. (BTW, it was after this testimony in the Hayes trial that Def Atty Donovan made his out of court statement in violation of the gag order that JK did not sodomize Michaela). So we'll see how the defense tries to explain this.

BBM While I missed being in court (silly thing this mandatory "gotta work and process cases"), the word from those who were and heard or overheard OTHER defense Esquires (yep, this trial is leading to quite a few "busman's holidays" & visitors)......:waitasec: there is a theoretical hypothesis that the "defenders" will claim that JK's critters were there due to the shower as in ineffective cleaning.:banghead::banghead:
:twocents: Consider it a failed excuse, trauma was observed.

BBM While I missed being in court (silly thing this mandatory "gotta work and process cases"), the word from those who were and heard or overheard OTHER defense Esquires (yep, this trial is leading to quite a few "busman's holidays" & visitors)......:waitasec: there is a theoretical hypothesis that the "defenders" will claim that JK's critters were there due to the shower as in ineffective cleaning.:banghead::banghead:
:twocents: Consider it a failed excuse, trauma was observed.

Thats just stupid. That wouldn't explain how it got inside of her. Plus, if JK was intending to leave her alive, he would have ensured she cleaned well.

I only got a few snippets of the trial tweets today. But I understand a fire expert said the fire started in the family room. Didnt JK say in his interview that Hayes lit the fire in the kitchen? Or am I miss remembering that? Does anyone know if there is a diagram of the house somewhere?

That is hard to read. Especially hearing about how gasoline had been poured on Michaela. I can't even begin to imagine the horror. Not only the excruciating pain, but before that. Laying there, tied to the bed, blindfolded, scared, we dont know if she was aware of her mother's rape/murder or not. But then feeling the liquid splashed on her. She would immediatly be able to smell what it was, and she would know. She would know that they had lied to her about letting them go. She would know she was going to die, there in her bedroom alone. Beyond belief.

Well if the defense "....is suggesting that Hayes had a strong motive to burn up criminal evidence.... (from the above link) so did JK, unless Bansley doesn't consider what he did to Mikaela a criminal offense.

One could easily draw a conclusion that both were spreading gas especially when JK during interrogation said that he "might have" which he later retracted.

He hasn't been truthful as to what he did to Mikaela so I don't think it's a stretch to believe that he spread gas too .

That is hard to read. Especially hearing about how gasoline had been poured on Michaela. I can't even begin to imagine the horror. Not only the excruciating pain, but before that. Laying there, tied to the bed, blindfolded, scared, we dont know if she was aware of her mother's rape/murder or not. But then feeling the liquid splashed on her. She would immediatly be able to smell what it was, and she would know. She would know that they had lied to her about letting them go. She would know she was going to die, there in her bedroom alone. Beyond belief.

I think after reading that article it's obvious the sole reason for setting the fire was to kill the two girls. And it's JK who had motive to make sure little Michaela was killed in that fire, not Hayes. The accelerate wasn't heavily concentrated on anything other than the ACTUAL human victims in this case.

I bet anything since there were multiple canisters used to hold the gas that Hayes poured downstairs and JK poured the gas on the two girls upstairs, and made sure their terror would be elongated by closing their bedroom doors. How terrifying to know what was coming towards your closed bedroom door but not be able to see it or hear it coming.

These two are animals. Absolutely animals.

State's Case Wrapping Up

Prior to Makuc's beginning his second day on the witness stand Friday, Superior Court Judge Jon C. Blue said that prosecutors expect to rest their case Monday, and that jurors could begin deliberations in as soon as a week.

Blue said that prosecutors are expected to question their last witness Monday morning, and that after routine motions, defense attorneys probably will begin calling witnesses Monday afternoon.

"Depending on how things go, the defense may rest on Wednesday or so," Blue said. If there is little or no rebuttal testimony from prosecutors, Blue said, he might schedule closing arguments at the end of next week and give his legal charge to the jury on Friday, in advance of the Columbus Day holiday. Blue indicated that if he could not charge the jury on Friday, he probably would hold off on scheduling closing arguments until after the holiday.

http://www.courant.com/community/ch...rjevsky-day9-1001-20110930,0,71414,full.story

I think it is almost a certainty that JK will testify, for many different reasons. I tihnk his attorneys will urge him to do so, but JK will want to do it on his own anyway. I am not, however, as optimistic as the judge on the timeline to wrap up this trial.

seems a supporter of Petit family has spoken to a juror and thanked them for what they are doing, the Judge and counsel are now deciding what to do

I imagine it is somebody on the periphery of the family as Dr Petit and her parents and all close family members and friends would know that they should have no contact at all with the jury

defence has also said that a Komisarjevsky supporter possible witness has been approached by Petit supporter and comments were made such as how can you support him, there has also been acts of harassment and intimidation to a witness and defence is asking for mistrial as many Komisarkevsky witnesses are worried about intimidation or possible intimidation

motion mistrial denied by Judge Blue

judge denies motion for mistrial but has said if anybody from family or supporters of Petit approach jurors again he will be ruthless in banning them from court

it has given Komisarjevsky possible appellate route which once again will prolong the Petit families agony if they have to relive it again

judge says state to rest today, a few issues to be discussed outside jury presence then defence CIC

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back