GUILTY CT - Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, & 2 daughters killed in home invasion, 23 July 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
defence is expected to rest today, closings appear to be scheduled for next Tuesday,

and I belive JK was horrifically abused, and whilst it is never an excuse it does go some way to explaining why he became the man he became
sexual and physical abuse leaves unseen scars that never heal,

JK didn't intend to just rob the Petits. As a career criminal he had before managed to elude being detected. Now he purposely goes in and makes himself known, brutally beats a sleeping man, goes and wakes up the other members of the house, who were soundly asleep.

No, he was there because he wanted to sexually assault the 11 yr old girl. His excuse was that he just wanted money, but the details of the crime and the way it started do not support that. The robbery was the 2nd reason and what he likely told to Hayes. Hayes wanted money. JK wanted the 11 yr old (and then some money).

Guilty of first degree murder, and everything else.

He deserves nothing less than what he gave his last victims, which was certainly not 'life.'

I agree that it appears JK's draw to the house was the girl, money being a secondary motivation. He had just been paid that day as was testified to yesterday. And his actions in savagely beating Dr. Petit as soon as he was in the house shows that this burglary was different from the beginning.

I agree that it appears JK's draw to the house was the girl, money being a secondary motivation. He had just been paid that day as was testified to yesterday. And his actions in savagely beating Dr. Petit as soon as he was in the house shows that this burglary was different from the beginning.

Yup I agree.
We'll see how the prosecution puts this together in closing.

I agree with others in that I don't think bringing all this out at this stage will help the defense for the verdict. It has shown their hand for the penalty stage though and I'm sure the prosecution will counter it all then.

http://www.courant.com/news/politics/hc-komisarjevsky-day13-1007-20111006,0,547171.story

"Dearington pointed to tests that Shea gave Komisarjevsky, including results that showed he was average in many areas and better in others. He received a high score in a verbal comprehension evaluation. Shea had testified that Komisarjevsky was a good talker and could be persuasive.

"This is a superior level of functioning here," Shea said.

When questioned again by the defense, Shea was brought back to the areas of his report showing Komisarjevsky's cognitive deficiencies.

Shea said Komisarjevsky is very bright but has deficits in other areas, including the completion of tasks and when it comes to taking risks.

Shea said Komisarjevsky, 31, also "overvalues" himself and his abilities.

"He had a narcissistic belief in how smart he was," Shea said."

Ah sounds like a typical narcissistic sociopath to me.

I'd love to see that closing arguement too. I imagine the jury would be back with "guilty" verdicts on everything pretty quick. And it would signal to the jury that there is no question of guilt, only that JK wants nothing more than to spare his life. This jury is death qualified, so I can't imagine they would walk away giving JK what his attorney claims he has wanted all along.

Any independent confirmation of the childhood abuse? Charges ever filed, etc.? AND, what ever happened to text messages that perps sent to each other ( not the ones released, prior to the crime)
It was my understanding that they were texting while in the house. And, what were they doing for most of the time, when they first broke in, since they did not take Mrs. Petit to the bank until 9 AM. Are we to believe they were just chatting until then? I think a lot has been left out of this trial, in an effort to spare the family, but I certainly think the reality of what transpired is way worse than we have been led to believe......

Any independent confirmation of the childhood abuse? Charges ever filed, etc.? AND, what ever happened to text messages that perps sent to each other ( not the ones released, prior to the crime)
It was my understanding that they were texting while in the house. And, what were they doing for most of the time, when they first broke in, since they did not take Mrs. Petit to the bank until 9 AM. Are we to believe they were just chatting until then? I think a lot has been left out of this trial, in an effort to spare the family, but I certainly think the reality of what transpired is way worse than we have been led to believe......

....Dr. Leo Shea, who wrote the report. Shea based his findings, titled "Joshua Komisarjevsky Cognitive Evaluation" on 12 hours of interviews and testing of Komisarjevsky.....

http://www.courant.com/news/politics/hc-komisarjevsky-day13-1007-20111006,0,547171.story

Yep, just as I thought. JK himself is the one who alleges childhood abuse.

yes, though he may indeed have been molested, possibly...we really do not know, do we?? Just his word.....for what that is worth......

Well I know something had to have happened to him to turn him into a raging psychopath.

Are there any books written on how people like this live with themselves? I'm really curious. I am not trying to be mean, but I couldn't live with myself.

Well I know something had to have happened to him to turn him into a raging psychopath.

Who knows why he is this way. I have known people that had horrible childhoods and they turned in to wonderful compassionate people. And i have known people that had great upbringing from loving homes that turned out to be horrible people. I'm not sure that for me it matters why he is this way. Its not like there was somethign that happened to him that made him act out one time. He has a long history or burglary (while the occupants were home) and doing so not only for the money but for the control he felt. I think it was maybe inevitable that he would progress to a higher level of control that would end in death.

Who knows why he is this way. I have known people that had horrible childhoods and they turned in to wonderful compassionate people. And i have known people that had great upbringing from loving homes that turned out to be horrible people. I'm not sure that for me it matters why he is this way. Its not like there was somethign that happened to him that made him act out one time. He has a long history or burglary (while the occupants were home) and doing so not only for the money but for the control he felt. I think it was maybe inevitable that he would progress to a higher level of control that would end in death.

I agree. He was a ticking time bomb.

I hope the prosecution, in their closing, tells the jury that this was "not a burglary gone wrong." This was JK's plot to get into the house, incapacitate the occupants for the purpose of getting to the young girl for a sexual assault.

Oh he may have pretended it was all about robbery, but no, not really. The details of this crime are completely different than any of his other breakins. Not that those others were okay by any means, but this is the first time he intentionally interacted with a house's occupants. Had it not been for the young daughter, he wouldn't have been nearly as interested in this family, and certainly would not have stayed in the house when it was clear there was no money to be found.

This crime didn't "escalate" into violence. It started off with the intention of violence and continued down that path quite intentionally towards a triple murder.

I hope the prosecution, in their closing, tells the jury that this was "not a burglary gone wrong." This was JK's plot to get into the house, incapacitate the occupants for the purpose of getting to the young girl for a sexual assault.

Oh he may have pretended it was all about robbery, but no, not really. The details of this crime are completely different than any of his other breakins. Not that those others were okay by any means, but this is the first time he intentionally interacted with a house's occupants. Had it not been for the young daughter, he wouldn't have been nearly as interested in this family, and certainly would not have stayed in the house when it was clear there was no money to be found.

This crime didn't "escalate" into violence. It started off with the intention of violence and continued down that path quite intentionally towards a triple murder.

Exactly. It didnt "escalate" into violence, it STARTED with violence: JK's savage beating of the sleeping Dr. Petit that could have killed him. That beating leaves to believe that from the beginning JK and Hayes intended to kill that family all along.

closings today, defence asked for continuance as they have just received a pile of letters Hayes sent from jail where he says he has murdered 17 times before and that he had intended to kill Komisarjevsky if they had managed to commit the crime and get away from the house

Judge denied the motion so closings will go ahead

The article doesn't say when the letters were supposed to have been written. Nor does it say how the defense came into possession of them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back