CT - John Robinson, bludgeoned to death in his music rehearsal space, March 14th 1990

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

savagewatch

Reaction score
Thanks to the internet, Jocelyn Jackson has found a community of people who remember her brother — one that she hopes will surface new leads 32 years after his murder devastated people whose lives he touched on both sides of New Haven’s town-gown divide.

For more than three decades after the unsolved murder, Jackson held onto physical traces of John Evers Robinson’s 24-year life: the tin candle he gave her for an early teenage birthday, the posthumous record of hardcore punk songs he wrote with his band.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to the internet, Jocelyn Jackson has found a community of people who remember her brother — one that she hopes will surface new leads 32 years after his murder devastated people whose lives he touched on both sides of New Haven’s town-gown divide.

For more than three decades after the unsolved murder, Jackson held onto physical traces of John Evers Robinson’s 24-year life: the tin candle he gave her for an early teenage birthday, the posthumous record of hardcore punk songs he wrote with his band.

https://www.newhavenindependent.org...ary_arrives_john_robinsons_memory_still_lives
Well there are a few questions that pop up immediately. Was drum set hastily removed leaving behind cases, carry bags odd and ends or was it neatly stored and removed from the scene. Who's drum set was it? Was his base guitar found at the scene? If this were a robbery then one would expect things to have been hastily removed without "packing up" the drum kit. I do know that a drum kit requires some disassembly to be moved. Unless the folks removing the drums knew that they had plenty of time. I wonder if police ever located the drums and/or base guitar ( if it was missing also). I wonder if the guitar was used as a murder weapon?

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are good questions and I'm sure the police have not revealed any of that to the public due to anyone with knowledge of the crime coming forward and screening them to see if the information is correct. If he was killed over a drug deal why would they take his drum set unless they were junkies.

Those are good questions and I'm sure the police have not revealed any of that to the public due to anyone with knowledge of the crime coming forward and screening them to see if the information is correct. If he was killed over a drug deal why would they take his drum set unless they were junkies.
I could see that being the case, I sadly have experienced what a drug addict is capable of when it comes to securing the fix and the next fix. If the crime was initially drug related and that’s what they were after, it’s possible that the drums were just there and could provide means to the next fix, like they knew they could sell it or trade it and get some more money/drugs later on.

I could see that being the case, I sadly have experienced what a drug addict is capable of when it comes to securing the fix and the next fix. If the crime was initially drug related and that’s what they were after, it’s possible that the drums were just there and could provide means to the next fix, like they knew they could sell it or trade it and get some more money/drugs later on.
That is why I would like to know more about how the place was left / what kind of care was or wasn't taken when the drum set was removed. I don't think a junkie would take the time to carefully pack the kit and would likely leave behind odds and ends as they are not likely selling to a reputable entity anyway.
As far as the police with holding information. I guess that could be the case but I would think releasing information after some period of time would be more helpful.

That is why I would like to know more about how the place was left / what kind of care was or wasn't taken when the drum set was removed. I don't think a junkie would take the time to carefully pack the kit and would likely leave behind odds and ends as they are not likely selling to a reputable entity anyway.
As far as the police with holding information. I guess that could be the case but I would think releasing information after some period of time would be more helpful.
That information that you mention would point towards the neo-nazi band stealing his equipment. IMO

That information that you mention would point towards the neo-nazi band stealing his equipment. IMO
If there was a neo-nazi band. Has their existence been confirmed. I was wondering more about the owner of the drum kit. Or, perhaps, other members of the band.

Perhaps the landlord had the drum set removed upon his eviction since he was entering the space illegally and it is not even relevant to the case.

If there was a neo-nazi band. Has their existence been confirmed. I was wondering more about the owner of the drum kit. Or, perhaps, other members of the band.
Not that I'm aware of. Connecticut did have some minor Klan memberships but law enforcement always monitored it closely. I don't think there was really much of a scene for that music and lifestyle in Connecticut. I still think he was most likely killed for drugs but the drum set missing does pose some questions.

Not that I'm aware of. Connecticut did have some minor Klan memberships but law enforcement always monitored it closely. I don't think there was really much of a scene for that music and lifestyle in Connecticut. I still think he was most likely killed for drugs but the drum set missing does pose some questions.
I still see no mention of a bass guitar found at the scene. He was a bass player at this rehearsal space, shouldn't the bass have been there? I am wondering if that was the murder weapon? Also the thought that it was more than one offender due to the victims size etc. may not be accurate if one thinks about this as a complete surprise attack with a weapon not obvious to the victim i.e. the guitar.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artificiallife86
Back