CT - Michael Skakel & the murder of Martha Moxley, Greenwich, 1975 *Not Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I apologize. I don't know why I've been saying Kennedys.

It's because he is related to them. :seeya:

Same thing happened during the William Kennedy Smith trial, although he DOES have "Kennedy" in his name, lol.

Alyssa2013;9935483

Really, which Kennedys do you think were involved? Because I wasn't aware that an Kennedy's had ever been impicated in any way.
There were two Skakel's potentially involved, but no Kennedy's as far as I know.

Of course, had the Skakel's not been Bobby Kennedy's nephews by marriage only I doubt Michael would have ever been convicted in a case with so much reasonable doubt.

Nor would he have been afforded many of the privileges that come with dropping the Kennedy name.

Goes both ways.

I think Michael was convicted because he did it. Maybe not alone, but he did it. :twocents:

Alyssa2013;9935483

Really, which Kennedys do you think were involved? Because I wasn't aware that an Kennedy's had ever been impicated in any way.
There were two Skakel's potentially involved, but no Kennedy's as far as I know.

Of course, had the Skakel's not been Bobby Kennedy's nephews by marriage only I doubt Michael would have ever been convicted in a case with so much reasonable doubt.

I agree. IIRC, there were no members of the Kennedy family at the Skakel home or anywhere nearby the night of MM's murder. In fact, I don't think there were any Kennedy's living in CT at the time. RFK's family was living in McLean, VA at the time. I doubt they would have been hundreds of miles from home on a school night.

ETA: for those wondering, RFK's wife, Ethel is a Skakel. She was born and raised in the Skakel family. Her father was a wealthy industrialist, her parents both died in a private plane crash while traveling together on business. Michael Skakel is the son of Ethel's brother Rush, Jr. Ethel met Bobby when she attended a private girl's school in New York with one of the Kennedy sisters, Jean or Pat.

And please, don't start any CT that Kennedy kids drove 300 miles from VA that night, then made it home to VA in time for school the next morning. That would have been a roundtrip of over 9 hours, through/around New York City. :facepalm:

It's because he is related to them. :seeya:

Same thing happened during the William Kennedy Smith trial, although he DOES have "Kennedy" in his name, lol.

IMO, its more a case of wealthy people who spend millions on high priced attorneys who then get them off. Sadly, its something we see every day here on WS with lots of wealthy people. Jon Benet Ramsey, Rebecca Zahau's death, etc etc.

IMO, its more a case of wealthy people who spend millions on high priced attorneys who then get them off. Sadly, its something we see every day here on WS with lots of wealthy people. Jon Benet Ramsey, Rebecca Zahau's death, etc etc.

No one was charges in JonBenet's or Rebecca's case so no one got anyone "off".

No one was charges in JonBenet's or Rebecca's case so no one got anyone "off".

The people who killed them escaped justice. Tying up an investigation so no charges are filed is the "gold standard" in having good legal representation. Sadly, it's happened many, many times before.

The people who killed them escaped justice. Tying up an investigation so no charges are filed is the "gold standard" in having good legal representation. Sadly, it's happened many, many times before.

There is no statue of Limitations on murder. It could be that the killer has just not been found yet. Time will tell.

But just because someone with money is not charged does not mean they got away with anything.. It could just mean they are not guilty.

There are all of these "ifs" in this case, but nothing to confirm that Michael was the actual perpetrator of this crime. Circumstantial evidence isn't enough in my opinion. Forensic evidence doesn't lie, DNA doesn't lie. My point is that if the DNA does not exclusively confirm that Michael Skakel committed this crime I still have reasonable doubt.

While having conclusive DNA is amazing, I don't think you always need to have it if you have enough circumstantial evidence. Scott Peterson was convicted with only circumstantial evidence. And before the late 1980's DNA evidence wasn't even an option.

Or do you mean just in this case you aren't comfortable with a conviction unless there is some kind of DNA evidence? I don't think there is any DNA evidence is there? Or at least any that is available for testing.

I apologize. I don't know why I've been saying Kennedys.

Lol I did that too, don't feel bad! Honest mistake. I had to go back and edit a bunch of Kennedy's to Skakel's a few posts ago.

Lol I did that too, don't feel bad! Honest mistake. I had to go back and edit a bunch of Kennedy's to Skakel's a few posts ago.

The Skakel family history is interesting in it's own right.

I agree. IIRC, there were no members of the Kennedy family at the Skakel home or anywhere nearby the night of MM's murder. In fact, I don't think there were any Kennedy's living in CT at the time. RFK's family was living in McLean, VA at the time. I doubt they would have been hundreds of miles from home on a school night.

ETA: for those wondering, RFK's wife, Ethel is a Skakel. She was born and raised in the Skakel family. Her father was a wealthy industrialist, her parents both died in a private plane crash while traveling together on business. Michael Skakel is the son of Ethel's brother Rush, Jr. Ethel met Bobby when she attended a private girl's school in New York with one of the Kennedy sisters, Jean or Pat.

And please, don't start any CT that Kennedy kids drove 300 miles from VA that night, then made it home to VA in time for school the next morning. That would have been a roundtrip of over 9 hours, through/around New York City. :facepalm:

Nobody here is claiming a Kennedy did it, it was just a mix up with the names. :scared:

There is no statue of Limitations on murder. It could be that the killer has just not been found yet. Time will tell.

But just because someone with money is not charged does not mean they got away with anything.. It could just mean they are not guilty.

Well, it would be interesting to consider someone who wasn't a member of the Skakel family was responsible for Martha's death. Haven't there been some other suspects mentioned? Other kids who attended the parties in the neighborhood that night? As you say, wealthy people who spend a great deal of money on their legal defense can also be innocent, so its possible.

Well, it would be interesting to consider someone who wasn't a member of the Skakel family was responsible for Martha's death. Haven't there been some other suspects mentioned? Other kids who attended the parties in the neighborhood that night? As you say, wealthy people who spend a great deal of money on their legal defense can also be innocent, so its possible.

I don't think that these people are other suspects per se but I believe the following list of people know much more then they have ever disclosed. Some of the people listed have obvious reasons why they aren't talking. Some others I have no idea why they stay silent.

1. Tommy Skakel
2. Jimmy Terrien/Dowdle
3. Rush Jr.
4. Helen Ix
5. Julie Skakel
6. John Skakel
7. Ken Littleton
8. Rush Sr. (desceased)
9. Geofrey Byrne (desceased buy why didn't he say everything he knew before his death?)
10. Franz Wittine (desceased)
11. Cissy Ix
12. Father Mark Connelly ( I have no idea if he is still alive)
13. Nanny Margaret Sweeney (desceased)
14. That man who ran the Elan school

These are just the people I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more. In my gut I've always felt that Michael was guilty but that Jimmy Terrien and Tommy are involved in some way too.

Who else is stayed silent for Michael?

RFK jr is an absolute marvel-he has, in the past, suggested that Martha Moxley was killed by a couple of boys who didn't reside in Greenwich, and not anyone from the Skakel family-minority boys that there is absolutely no proof had anything to do with her murder. How like a "privileged character" to make that claim-and yet, people of the "non-privileged class" just love the Kennedys! Can anyone explain to me how he (RFK jr) gets a pass on this?

Look no farther than Chappaquiddick for your answer

Look no farther than Chappaquiddick for your answer

I didn't word my comment right-what I meant to say was that minorities love the Kennedys for some reason, and yet, some minority boys are the ones who RFK jr claims killed Martha-how convenient! After all, who should believe that someone from the gated community of Belle Haven could have done this? It had to have been a minority boy from the Bronx-aren't they more likely to be criminals? I don't understand why the minority community lets him get away with that!

The Skakel family history is interesting in it's own right.

The Skakel history is interesting. Far as I have read, the Skakel's were much richer, higher in society, considered Ethel as marrying down and had little use for the Kennedys, Skakel's were never fans or close to the Kennedys. I don't understand why RFK Jr. is involved in this at all. I think Michael got a fair trial, thought the evidence compelling and he was found guilty by a jury of his peers or reasonable doubt.
Mark Fuhrman's book "Murder in Greenwich" is excellent about the murder of Martha Moxley.

Does anyone know if there has ever been any explanation as to why Skakel was tried as an adult when he was only 15 at the time of the murder? TIA

I wondered about this too....hiya Nees !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back