Identified! CT - New Britain, Human remains behind strip mall, Apr'15 - Marilyn Gonzalez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He's 45 now, which would make him just 18-19 at the time of the New Bedford murders. Totally possible though. I wonder where he was in the late '80s.

Our local serial killer appears to have been 14 when he committed his first violent rape and possibly 17 when he murdered for the first time. So yeah, I wouldn't rule that out. It's unlikely that he just all of a sudden went on a binge of murdering seven or more women with no prior background.

where can i read this information??

Our local serial killer appears to have been 14 when he committed his first violent rape and possibly 17 when he murdered for the first time. So yeah, I wouldn't rule that out. It's unlikely that he just all of a sudden went on a binge of murdering seven or more women with no prior background.

I grew up in CT (not New Britain). It's such a small state. It's crazy to think that Howell seems to be responsible for a good chunk of the disappearances listed in Namus from 2003.

One was Nilsa and one has been identified as Daniel Whistnant.
You can read more and see the article in the serial killer thread here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...l-New-Britain-2003-and-possibly-earlier/page2

Thank you Caitlin for the link. I don't usually wonder off to serial killer threads *shrug, but I see there are quite a few information posted there with regards to this thread. Hmm, that is 3rd thread related to Howell then.

So from all the information if I read correctly, from additional human remains found in April 2015 detectives have managed to identify 3 victims

• Melanie Ruth Camilini, a Seymour native and mother of two missing from Waterbury in January 2003 (somewhere spelled as Camalini)
  • Nilsa Arizmendi, a Wethersfield woman who was reported missing in 2003
  • Daniel Whistnant, sometimes went by the name Janice Roberts, transgender, missing from New Britain in June 2003

Previously found there and identified were Diane Cusack, Mary Jane Menard and Joyvaline Martine

So that leaves probably one more remains to be identified from the site there plus 2 females on video from his van. Bless detectives for identifying 3 people in a month, plus giving families finally their closure...

Thank you Caitlin for the link. I don't usually wonder off to serial killer threads *shrug, but I see there are quite a few information posted there with regards to this thread. Hmm, that is 3rd thread related to Howell then.

So from all the information if I read correctly, from additional human remains found in April 2015 detectives have managed to identify 3 victims

• Melanie Ruth Camilini, a Seymour native and mother of two missing from Waterbury in January 2003 (somewhere spelled as Camalini)
  • Nilsa Arizmendi, a Wethersfield woman who was reported missing in 2003
  • Daniel Whistnant, sometimes went by the name Janice Roberts, transgender, missing from New Britain in June 2003

Previously found there and identified were Diane Cusack, Mary Jane Menard and Joyvaline Martine

So that leaves probably one more remains to be identified from the site there plus 2 females on video from his van. Bless detectives for identifying 3 people in a month, plus giving families finally their closure...

And possibly the unidentified woman whose blood was found soaked into the seat of his van, and possibly the unidentified remains in Vernon, either or both of which could be the women in the video.

Had they identified all the remains from the initial discovery (Cusack, Menard, and Martine) or was there someone still unidentified from that?

And possibly the unidentified woman whose blood was found soaked into the seat of his van, and possibly the unidentified remains in Vernon, either or both of which could be the women in the video.

Had they identified all the remains from the initial discovery (Cusack, Menard, and Martine) or was there someone still unidentified from that?

Blood on the seat was identified as Nilsa Arizmendi's some years prior, but only now in April they recovered her remains. All initial remains were identified and matched to Cusack, Menard, and Martine only, however it is still not confirmed if new discovery matched further any of them. They are working quite fast, so if it was match I assume it would be published by now.

Unidentified remains in Vernon? What? I guess I missed that. Hmm back to reading with my google maps open.

ETA correction: Authorities discovered Arizmendi’s blood in the van, along with the blood of one more yet unidentified person.

there was other blood besides arizmendi's in the van.

Blood on the seat was identified as Nilsa Arizmendi's some years prior, but only now in April they recovered her remains. All initial remains were identified and matched to Cusack, Menard, and Martine only, however it is still not confirmed if new discovery matched further any of them. They are working quite fast, so if it was match I assume it would be published by now.

Unidentified remains in Vernon? What? I guess I missed that. Hmm back to reading with my google maps open.

Yes, thank you Cvaldez, I have just corrected the post. I can't locate yet anything about Vernon remains.

there is another thread... they have suggested that could be another woman, i cant remember her name, mentioned in this thread. let me see if i can bump it for you.

Yes, thank you Cvaldez, I have just corrected the post. I can't locate yet anything about Vernon remains.

Links for those who want to re-read the information about Connecticut victims with relations to this thread

"Seventh set of remains still unidentified"

http://www.centralctcommunications.com/newbritainherald/article_7d137eb2-0a39-11e5-b374-1726dcc6b481.html

Six sets of human remains found behind a Hartford Road plaza in 2007 and in late April have been identified, but a seventh set of remains, which police have said could belong to more than one person, has not been matched.

The partial skeletal remains of three women, Joyvaline Martinez, Mary Jane Menard and Diane Cusack were also found at the site in August of 2007

In April, the state crime lab identified the remains of Arizmendi, Melanie Ruth Camilini and Danny Lee Whistnant. Six identified victims to date, including Arizmendi, disappeared in 2003. Additional victims have yet to be identified.

Yeah. That does seem to suggest there might be others.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back