Recovered/Located CT - Robert Hoagland, 50, Newtown, 28 Jul 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.lohud.com/story/news/loc...e-report-missing-newtown-man-putnam/13194615/

A Newtown, Connecticut, man missing for nearly a year was reportedly seen walking into the Putnam County Correctional Facility on Thursday, police said...

On Thursday, someone visiting an inmate at the Putnam County Correctional Facility told police he saw Hoagland walking into the building, Newtown police said.

The man reported to be Hoagland left after only two minutes inside, officials said. No video footage in the correctional facility was able to capture his movement. Exterior surveillance video does exist, but did not definitively identify the 51-year-old, officials said.

http://www.newtownbee.com/news/news...er-sandy-hook-man-s-disappearance-stil/221388

As the family and friends of Robert Hoagland this week formally marked the first anniversary of his mysterious disappearance from town, police continued to pursue leads on his possible whereabouts in a case that has puzzled both police and the people who knew the Sandy Hook man.

On the night of Monday, July 28, a group of Mr Hoagland’s family and friends gathered at the Fairfield Hills Campus...

“One year later, we know little if anything more than we did the day my husband was discovered to be missing,” she said. “Random, unsubstantiated reports of sightings have appeared now and again in local news with little information provided to me or my family as to the source or details of these reports,” she said, adding, “Needless to say, we remain heartbroken."

http://www.newstimes.com/local/article/Newtown-man-s-disappearance-troubles-loved-ones-a-5677519.php

On July 28, 2013, a Sunday, Lori was returning from a 17-day trip to Turkey with some girlfriends. Robert, 50, the father of three, was supposed to pick her up at JFK.

When he didn't, she was puzzled but not overly alarmed, and found another way home. When she realized he wasn't there, but that his keys, wallet and other possessions were, she notified police...

Meisel and other family friends fear that Newtown police have decided that Hoagland simply walked away from his life, that they never seriously considered the possibility of foul play. They say police do not seem eager to enlist help from other law enforcement agencies, or to seek national publicity to broaden the reach of their investigation.

Good article....and now they have added this tidbit of information:

His wife said she and her husband separated at one point for two years, but in the last two years they started planning their retirement together.

This is the first mention of a troubled marriage in over a year of searching for Robert.

Max shows that he now lives in Los Angeles, CA....via his FB page.

weird

Mod note:

I removed a recent post containing a link of a person who, to my knowledge, we have no reason to be sleuthing. Furthermore, that profile has to be verified to be legit if we were permitting sleuthing of that individual. I also removed several follow up posts.

Please do not reference it again as of now. I will back read & review this case more thoroughly. If I find any legitimate reason to allow discussion of the same, I will update you guys & reapprove all.

Thanks!

Just how hard would it be to do a stake-out in a restaurant to see if Hoagland is working there ?

I think all these sightings are bogus, too many thin guys with bald heads walking around these days.

He withdraws $600 in cash, disappears with none of his belongings, his kid is arrested later that same night trying
to buy drugs.........yeah, this one is REAL complicated........(sigh) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just how hard would it be to do a stake-out in a restaurant to see if Hoagland is working there ?

I think all these sightings are bogus, too many thin guys with bald heads walking around these days.

He withdraws $600 in cash, disappears with none of his belongings, his kid is arrested later that same night trying
to buy drugs.........yeah, this one is REAL complicated........(sigh) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I agree and believe this whole thing was "set up" to appear as a kidnapping.

I think that the person who disappeared Robert is behind these "sightings". Sadly it seems that local LE is so disinterested that they'll report these bogus sightings on FB without doing anything to follow up on them.

The prison sighting is especially concerning. There should be few places with more security, surveillance cameras, and monitoring of comings and goings. Yet no one could confirm that it wasn't him? Also, I wonder who made the report at the prison. One of the son's troubled accomplices--I mean acquaintances?

I think that the person who disappeared Robert is behind these "sightings". Sadly it seems that local LE is so disinterested that they'll report these bogus sightings on FB without doing anything to follow up on them.

The prison sighting is especially concerning. There should be few places with more security, surveillance cameras, and monitoring of comings and goings. Yet no one could confirm that it wasn't him? Also, I wonder who made the report at the prison. One of the son's troubled accomplices--I mean acquaintances?

You would think every cop on the force would be volunteering to do a stakeout at a restaurant.......that's right down their alley.

They might wanna piece some evidence together before some un-named person decides to move down to Tijuana, Mexico.

I agree and believe this whole thing was "set up" to appear as a kidnapping.

Or to make it look like he ran off. Don't forget, Mom and Dad were having some marriage problems prior to him vanishing..........perfect cover story for an abandonment scenario.......as long as you ignore the part about leaving the wallet, the keys, the car, the credit cards, the passport, his clothes, and everything else behind that is.

Instead of announcing the restaurant sighting publicly and asking for help, wouldn't it make more sense to keep it from the public and have someone in Robert's family go down to the restaurant and check to see if it's him first? Sometimes adult walkaways keep tabs on the searches for themselves to stay one step ahead. Not that he did anything illegal, but he obviously does not want to be found/contact his family. If it was him he probably quit the restaurant and left the area once he saw that article! Nothing makes much sense in this case. In regard to the prison sighting, as others have mentioned, aren't those blanketed in security cameras? I would think it could have been analyzed and ruled in or out pretty quickly.
If Robert is alive and well, I wish he would let LE know. Somehow I think that's not the case and there is a whole lot more going on.

You would think every cop on the force would be volunteering to do a stakeout at a restaurant.......that's right down their alley.

They might wanna piece some evidence together before some un-named person decides to move down to Tijuana, Mexico.

Hoagland's son Chris lives in South Carolina and works at a country club there......just FYI

Instead of announcing the restaurant sighting publicly and asking for help, wouldn't it make more sense to keep it from the public and have someone in Robert's family go down to the restaurant and check to see if it's him first? Sometimes adult walkaways keep tabs on the searches for themselves to stay one step ahead. Not that he did anything illegal, but he obviously does not want to be found/contact his family. If it was him he probably quit the restaurant and left the area once he saw that article! Nothing makes much sense in this case. In regard to the prison sighting, as others have mentioned, aren't those blanketed in security cameras? I would think it could have been analyzed and ruled in or out pretty quickly.
If Robert is alive and well, I wish he would let LE know. Somehow I think that's not the case and there is a whole lot more going on.
I agree. If he's continuing to hide, he can now make a run for it. I have no thoughts or ideas where he is, or if he's hiding out, so this is MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back