Ethnicity
Other
Sex
Male
Height (inches)
71.0 to 73.0
Weight (pounds)
170.0 to 185.0

Not all Missing Person's sites post the date of birth.

Anyone know it?

Here is the friend's web site devoted to finding him:

https://sites.google.com/site/helpusfindhoagy/who-s-hoagy

Just how hard would it be to do a stake-out in a restaurant to see if Hoagland is working there ?

I think all these sightings are bogus, too many thin guys with bald heads walking around these days.

He withdraws $600 in cash, disappears with none of his belongings, his kid is arrested later that same night trying
to buy drugs.........yeah, this one is REAL complicated........(sigh) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Has this been verified? I'm assuming it was, so do you have the link(s)? (regarding the bank withdrawal and the drugs?) I saw the past link associating the son with these things, however, has it been verified is the question, its the same person?

Okay, I think the article which used the age 42 for the arrest of the man named "Maxtone Hoagland", simply must have been a typo after all. Otherwise, there are two Maxtones living on Glen Road in 2013 one being 23 and one being 42. Wouldn't make much sense to not believe it was a typo for now.

Thanks anyway.

http://newtownbee.com/news/news/2013/08/29/missing-man-and-mystery/158480

I'm satisfied they simply made an error here:

Maxtone Hoagland, 42, of Glen Road, Newtown, was charged Sunday with fifth-degree larceny after police said he tried to leave Super Stop and Shop on Kings Highway Cutoff with $647 worth of chewing gum and condoms. He was released on a promise to appear June 12 in Bridgeport Superior Court
http://www.fairfieldcitizenonline.c...arged-with-trying-to-shoplift-gum-3610200.php

No new updates? This case is being shown on the new series of Disappeared.

Can't wait. Loved that series!

Also hope he is found safe & soon.. I have to admit my hinky meter is sky high regarding a family member.

The 600 that was withdrawn, could the son have used that to buy the drugs that he told police he was at that "no trespassing" spot for? Just some thoughts..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No new updates? This case is being shown on the new series of Disappeared.

Can't wait. Loved that series!

“Family Man” Premieres Monday, May 30 at 10/9c

Story of ROBERT HOAGLAND: Missing Since 7/28/13 from Newtown, Conn.

When Robert Hoagland doesn’t show up at the airport to pick up his wife Lori, she’s frantic. No one knows where he is. Police find his car miles from home with his son Max, inside. He tells investigators that his Dad had a confrontation with some men at an abandoned factory a few days earlier. The more police investigate, the more the mystery deepens. Security video at a gas station shows Hoagland buying a map. But if he disappeared voluntarily, why did he leave everything he owned behind? Did Robert Hoagland walk away from his life or is he the victim of foul play?

https://corporate.discovery.com/dis...still-searching-for-their-missing-loved-ones/

If ALL the clothing he was last seen wearing is accounted for , what did he leave in. Did wife notice Any clothing missing from closet he could have worn ?

Sounds like a pretty simple guy and she would know his wardrobe .

MH dosent think it was ODD dad was gone all night when HE had the car ?! Com'on man !

TT

I'm torn on this one between him voluntarily dissappearing(buying the map) and the family member doing something to him . I'm leaning toward the family member.

http://www.fairfieldcitizenonline.c...arged-with-trying-to-shoplift-gum-3610200.php

$647 That is a lot of chewing gum and condoms.He definitely was not making rational decisions on this particular night.

Did he steal cases of items from a store room? Good grief...

After watching this episode last night, I feel more baffled than ever about what happened to this man. LE said Max passed a polygraph as well as some sort of statement examination by the FBI. I doubt he would be able to "fake" his way through these tests, but jmo. I used to think that he (RH) just took off but now have no idea what to think.

I haven't been following this thread, but the Disappeared episode pretty strongly called out Websleuths as causing the family quite a bit of grief with wild theories. Didn't specifically mention it by name, but showed the site during the episode. I think it's a good reminder to consider the family when throwing out theories without any facts to back them up.

Admittedly, I've only followed WS for 9 mos or so but this is one of the strangest ones I've run across.
Short of a complete mental/emotional breakdown, why would RD simply walk away with nothing.
I wonder if he had ever disappeared prior to July 2013?
Don't put a lot of stock in the separation between him and wife. Happens a lot, especially when dealing with stress of a "challenging" adult son/daughter.
I smell foul play all over this one but
(Oops! Posted too soon) As I was saying, I smell foul play all over this one but apparently not much of any evidence to go on.
Wonder how long a missing person must be missing before being declared dead? (I will google it...)

Death in absentia--- depends on jurisdiction but without overwhelming evidence such as a plane crash where bodies were not recovered, etc., typically 7 years.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_person
I'm sure you pros know this...I'm learning. [emoji4]

Not all Missing Person's sites post the date of birth.

Anyone know it?

Here is the friend's web site devoted to finding him:

https://sites.google.com/site/helpusfindhoagy/who-s-hoagy

According to the timeline on his friend's web site, he must have met foul play or been abducted while doing his laundry after mowing his grass. The only other possibility would be for him to walk away from his home in his bare feet without any money (or did he still have the $600), his wallet or his keys. Also, was the map still in his car or has it ever been located? Was anyone else home with him that could have witnessed something?

I haven't been following this thread, but the Disappeared episode pretty strongly called out Websleuths as causing the family quite a bit of grief with wild theories. Didn't specifically mention it by name, but showed the site during the episode. I think it's a good reminder to consider the family when throwing out theories without any facts to back them up.

I watched this episode the other night but I missed anything about WS, maybe I was on a bathroom break. What did they say?

I didn't catch that in the episode either. It sure isn't anyones intention to cause more grief.

I watched this episode the other night but I missed anything about WS, maybe I was on a bathroom break. What did they say?

I watched too, but don't recall WS although I was wondering if that is who they were referring to when the brother of "Hoagy" suggested such things as wild theories. I suppose what I took from the show was they know nothing other than he did do such a thing before, i.e. "disappeared" for awhile and then came back when he was much younger and their sons were very young. But I don't think the police detective who worked the case has stopped looking for him and following all leads and they do credit the police quite a bit for doing so and investing so much time and resources into this case.

I did tape it I think so if no one recalls the specifics I guess I can check it again and see what the actual gripe was.

I watched and I don't think websleuths was the website. I took it that they were talking about some of the Newtown conspiracy sites that people were posting really crazy theories on...relating to Sandy Hook.

I watched and I don't think websleuths was the website. I took it that they were talking about some of the Newtown conspiracy sites that people were posting really crazy theories on...relating to Sandy Hook.

I also just checked out the tape of it and the son said it really hurt him to see conspiracy theorists saying that their father was involved somehow with the shooter in Newtwon Ct. which occurred just 6 months around the time of Hoagland's disappearance and that was the gist of it. I didn't see the pages on the internet but what I could see didn't say WS, either. Looked like another site.

Agreed nothing to do with WS forums

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper