Recovered/Located CT - Robert Hoagland, 50, Newtown, 28 Jul 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Rest in peace, Robert.

From the article above:

“The detectives learned that Robert Hoagland had been living in Sullivan County since around November 2013 and was using the name, Richard King,” Newtown Police Detective Lt. Liam Seabrook said.

Rest in peace, Robert.

From the article above:

“The detectives learned that Robert Hoagland had been living in Sullivan County since around November 2013 and was using the name, Richard King,” Newtown Police Detective Lt. Liam Seabrook said.
I just read this on my Google News thread. I wonder why he was living under an assumed name. Was he on the run?

I had to read this entire thread, it's wild that there were 4 sightings (possibly 5, the 5th I wasn't clear if he was seen or not) of him. Two were in RI and one in a car with NY plates, and the 4th sighting was Robert walking into a corrections building. He lived so close to home, his poor family.

Last edited:
Wow! Less than an hour and a half from his home. I wonder where or who hid him out from July to November? I wonder if his wife suspected he had left of his own accord? So many unanswered questions? Who was his roommate? Male or female?
Rest in Peace Mr. Hoagland.

I just read this on my Google News thread. I wonder why he was living under an assumed name. Was he on the run?
I am new to this case, so I can't answer that. :) There's a few more details in the article below. MOO

[...]

There were no signs of foul play. Hoagland's roommate called 911 about 3 p.m. Monday, saying the former Newtown resident was experiencing a medical emergency, according to Undersheriff Eric Chaboty, of the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office. The roommate knew Hoagland as Richard King, Chaboty said.

[...]

Hoagland did not get in trouble with the law in Rock Hill, which is a hamlet in the town of Thompson, Chaboty said. The town, which has a population of about 17,000, sits at the base of the Catskill Mountains.

“He was living under the radar,” he said. The precise cause of Hoagland's death is pending further study by the coroner's office.

[...]

... “The police department does not plan to release any further information as there was no criminal aspect to Robert Hoagland's disappearance.”

Asked why Hoagland was in Rock Hill, Chaboty said, "That's a great mystery."

Wow. I figured this case would never be solved. I wonder if he kept everyone in his past life out of the loop or if some relatives/friends were keeping his new identity a secret. Seems awfully cruel. He's pretty young to die of natural causes but I suppose it's possible, especially with covid nowadays, but considering the fact that some emotional problems or mental illness provoked his the creation of his new identity, suicide isn't unlikely either.

Michele Whitaker from season 1 , was missing 6 years but found in Oregon , thousands of miles from the Carolina’s .
Almost 9.5 years that close to home is something else , and sad . Prayers for the family .

Wow. Wonder if we’ll ever find out why or how he died. Wonder what he’s been doing all these years?!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mae_uk
Back