Identified! CT - Stonington (Ledyard), WhtFem UP8909, 18-30, JNHS 1917 Class Ring, Lady Clairol hair roller set, May'74 - Linda Sue Childers

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She called Nashville, TN several times, so that may be where the Tennessee connection came from. Although most of those numbers are talent agencies -- I suppose it's possible that her relatives worked there?

Or that she had some sort of aspirations of being a singer. Wasn't one of the things that was said about her was that before she joined the crew, she was a dancer in NY? I always assumed that meant of the Times Square variety, but I think a lot of those women used to have more mainstream aspirations of being entertainers and just did that for money.

• I've go it! I really do. Lets run with this, I'll need lots of help. The class ring "JNHS" is actually "JHSN". It's tempting to put the "H" and "S" together since "HS" would signify "high school" however it looks more like "JHSN" because thats what it is.

It stands for (drum roll please).......... "John Hopkins School of Nursing". JHSN was established in 1889. It would have been a small graduating class that year. (maybe 20 women). So all we need to do is find out who had the initials I-L-N in that class of 1917 Johns Hopkins Nursing School. and we've likely established Jane Doe's grandmother. Thoughts??​

• I've go it! I really do. Lets run with this, I'll need lots of help. The class ring "JNHS" is actually "JHSN". It's tempting to put the "H" and "S" together since "HS" would signify "high school" however it looks more like "JHSN" because thats what it is.

It stands for (drum roll please).......... "John Hopkins School of Nursing". JHSN was established in 1889. It would have been a small graduating class that year. (maybe 20 women). So all we need to do is find out who had the initials I-L-N in that class of 1917 Johns Hopkins Nursing School. and we've likely established Jane Doe's grandmother. Thoughts??​

You might take a look at previous posts from a few years ago. Johns Hopkins Nursing School was extensively discussed and there was lots of inquiry into attendees, etc.

I still think the ring was a stolen item and not related to any relatives of the victim. A long short would be finding out who it was stolen from.

You might take a look at previous posts from a few years ago. Johns Hopkins Nursing School was extensively discussed and there was lots of inquiry into attendees, etc.

Could the ring be stolen from an attendee ?

Because if the ring was stolen from an attendee, it broadens our sleuthing. If we find who was the legitimate owner, it can help ID our JD.
I know, not the most straightforward pathway. But since the most obvious ones went dry, let take it the other way round !!

IMO, I wouldn't discount the nursing school lead from the stolen ring perspective.
From what I read, this perspective was not discussed here.

Here is a link to the John's Hopkins School of Nursing alumni page that contains contact info.
If someone would like to contact them and verify this could be one of their class rings, and if so, if they can help ID the initials, feel free. Not sure if it's already been done, so I thought I'd put it out there.

I emailed them to ask if the ring is linked to them and if they can help ID the initials.

Will tell you as soon as I hear back anything.

I emailed them to ask if the ring is linked to them and if they can help ID the initials.

Will tell you as soon as I hear back anything.

Post #25 (from back in 2012) includes a link with photos of the Johns Hopkins Nursing School graduates 1917 (other years/students were also available). I feel certain if anyone found a student with initials matching ILN it would have been mentioned. I know I didn't have any luck. I've searched countless schools without finding anything close but maybe you will get lucky.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-1917-Class-Ring-May-74&p=8114999#post8114999

More locations for ring search

In the summer of 1967, when Sandy was 15 and Helen was 14, they worked as berry pickers in Abbotsford. The next summer they went to Penticton, where they spent most of their time hitchhiking around and sleeping outside.

Helen turned 16 the following year, in 1969, and moved to Prince George. Helen came home for a visit that November and Sandy decided to hop on the return bus and move to Prince George with her.

By the spring of 1970, however, Helen went to live in Kamloops at a home for unwed mothers, which was common in that day.

Helen found some work with a painter, and the two left town for two months to paint gas stations along Highway 16, in towns like Terrace and Prince Rupert.

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/Still+missing+missed+after+years/2340534/story.html

I'm working on a huge revelation on that ring. You'll be very surprised what the letters on the top of it actually are.

I'm working on a huge revelation on that ring. You'll be very surprised what the letters on the top of it actually are.

What do you mean? Like they aren't the letters JNHS? Or they are the correct letters but mean something that we haven't guessed before? I'm not asking you to reveal your revelation, but to clarify what about the ring would surprise us.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BootsMinor
Back