CT CT - Suzanne Jovin, 21, Yale student, New Haven, 4 Dec 1998

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Santillo address is a 11 min walk (less with running) or 2 min ride from where Jovin was found.

Santillo address is a 11 min walk (less with running) or 2 min ride from where Jovin was found.

Very interesting, if we did not learn of " Billy " with the MH issues apparent suicide, one might have thought Santillo, was actually " Billy".
imo, speculation.

At the end of June, 2008, the Jovin Task Force revealed that only days after the crime: "A female motorist told police at the time that she was driving in the area of Whitney Avenue and Huntington Street at about 10 p.m. when she saw a white male sprint past her and disappear into the church property."[10]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Suzanne_Jovin

East Rock and Edgehill Road (where Jovin found) to Whitney Ave and Hungtinton Street (witness) to Everit street (Santillo)...all very close.
There is a school opposite the church lot the "running man" was seen going into, perhaps a cut through to Everit? Sorry don't know how to post maps

I'm still a newbie but I've been following the William Devin Howell story and the strip mall bodies found. Seems like the suspect has been at this for awhile. Shouldn't he be a person of interest in this case? I realize the MO is a bit off but I believe if it were him his plans could have been thwarted and he was also not as experienced.

I'm still a newbie but I've been following the William Devin Howell story and the strip mall bodies found. Seems like the suspect has been at this for awhile. Shouldn't he be a person of interest in this case? I realize the MO is a bit off but I believe if it were him his plans could have been thwarted and he was also not as experienced.

Hi, any links to William devin Howell, was he in the area around this time?

http://www.ctlawtribune.com/id=1202...ies-for-Threatening-Judges?mcode=0&curindex=0
rbbm.
Aug 4 2016
Garrett Santillo of Florida, for example, was sentenced this month to five years of probation. Santillo had been charged in 2014 with mailing death threats to several individuals in Connecticut, including two federal judges. Santillo has been diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder and personality disorder, court documents showed.

U.S. District Judge Robert Chatigny received a letter at his home address in July 2014 demanding he vindicate an individual in the unsolved New Haven murder of Suzanne Jovin. The letter indicated, "You [sic] home addresses in Conn. are public information and if you mask your identity by name or appearance, we can still track you to wherever you go and will kill you if you don't follow what this letter instructs." Santillo also threatened to kill U.S. District Judge Janet Bond Arterton, court documents showed.

Of course it's not impossible, but she would have been an extremely unlikely victim. He knew or transacted with most or all of his victims, didn't he? Also, the area where she disappeared is not really very close, physically or psychologically, to the area where the strip mall is located.

Suzanne' s last sent email was apparently written in German, one would expect that whomever that person was, ( they did not step forward) also spoke German.
Wouldn't that narrow down persons of interest?
imo, speculation.

Suzanne' s last sent email was apparently written in German, one would expect that whomever that person was, ( they did not step forward) also spoke German.
Wouldn't that narrow down persons of interest?
imo, speculation.

From Wikipedia

On July 16, 2008, the Jovin Task Force provided further details of Jovin's final email, written in German to a female friend, about GRE test study materials Jovin would leave for her to pick up. "Jovin wrote that she would retrieve the books and leave them in the foyer of her apartment for the classmate to pick up, giving her classmate the code to her apartment in case Jovin was not in the building.".[11] The materials were never returned, nor has anyone ever come forward as the borrower, leading many to speculate the borrower may have possibly been involved in her killing. Furthermore, Jovin's specific use of the word "someone" when referring to the borrower implies to many she did not know this borrower very well.

At the end of June, 2008, the Jovin Task Force revealed that only days after the crime: "A female motorist told police at the time that she was driving in the area of Whitney Avenue and Huntington Street at about 10 p.m. when she saw a white male sprint past her and disappear into the church property."[10]

East Rock and Edgehill Road (where Jovin found) to Whitney Ave and Hungtinton Street (witness) to Everit street (Santillo)...all very close.
There is a school opposite the church lot the "running man" was seen going into, perhaps a cut through to Everit? Sorry don't know how to post maps

According to this the Church is now the school that cuts through to Everit

The Mannion team also returned to the account of a Hamden woman who told police that as she was driving home with her daughter on Whitney Avenue around 10 p.m., a man came running very fast — “as if his life depended on it” — from Huntington Street into Whitney, ran for a moment alongside the car, then sprinted to the east side, hurdled some shrubs, and disappeared in the darkened grounds between the Red Cross and the church that has been replaced by the new Worthington Hooker School.

If the running man was indeed the perp. would he not have blood splatters on his clothing? Could he have been at the football game that night, maybe riled up because the Yale team lost? imo, speculation.
http://www.nhregister.com/article/NH/20151205/NEWS/151209708
The man was described as a physically fit, athletic looking white male in his 20s to 30s with defined features and well-groomed blond or dark blond hair and wearing dark pants and a loose fitted green jacket. Investigators theorized that, after murdering Suzanne, the man ran one block south on Edgehill to Huntington and then ran down Huntington, crossed Whitney, and disappeared in the darkened grounds on the east side of Whitney Avenue. The “running man” has never come forward and has not been identified.

Did the “running man” murder Suzanne? Was he perhaps the unknown “someone” who borrowed the GRE materials from her? Whether or not he was the “someone” who borrowed the GRE materials, was he the man seen arguing with the woman outside the front entrance of 750 Whitney Ave. and soon thereafter as they walked up East Rock? Was he also the man who was seen standing with a woman by the car parked on East Rock near Edgehill with the driver’s door open and the headlights on? If so, what became of the car? Did he go back and get it? When?

http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/1999/08/yale-murder199908
At the David S. Ingalls Rink, situated about a mile north of the turrets and bell towers of the main campus, hundreds of Yale students and faculty were out in force to cheer their hockey team on against Princeton. For nearly three hours—from 7:30 until approximately 10:00—they sat in the bleachers of the Eero Saarinen–designed building, under the soaring roof from which the banners of Yale’s hockey rivals and its 12 residential colleges hang. Screaming themselves hoarse, the spectators watched the Princeton Tigers defeat the Yale Bulldogs, 5–2.

I have reason to believe that Suzanne was seeing a "townie" and his ex girlfriend was questioned by the police .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back