Current Leads; Facts and Updates.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(modsnip)
That is just an opinion from me, for what it is worth. The key is the reunification, not who claims what.

For clarification (and NOT for argument), there are MULTIPLE leads (yes, more than two) in the hands of authorities as a result of the COMBINED efforts of MANY people. Which one is the most solid is a matter of opinion. Like others have said, it shouldn't matter to us. We are not the experts or authorities or families. Families being reunited is priority #1. Great job everyone and keep on truckin'.

Awesome. I didn't realize there was more than a couple leads. That's really great. The more they have, the greater the chances of ID'ing him. It would be so wonderful to give him his name and his family.

I thought the priority was giving Grateful Doe a name. Whether or not families reunite doesn't seem like our business. Or am I missing something?

Sorry. I took it too literally and thought there was some kind of family issues that we were trying to help with. Nevermind.

I want to apologize to bessie and anyone else for being a distraction. :grouphug:

Moving on, it is very hard to wait. I am going to peek at the forum-IIRC, we used to have a great post about what to do when you are waiting for a match to be ruled in or out.

Just would like to say, believe09, you are one of my favorite posters. I love when I see the most recent reply has your name, because you've always got some great insight. And the quote under your username is very encouraging :)

I want to apologize to bessie and anyone else for being a distraction. :grouphug:

Moving on, it is very hard to wait. I am going to peek at the forum-IIRC, we used to have a great post about what to do when you are waiting for a match to be ruled in or out.
Thanks, Believe. :hug:

Here is the thread you're talking about. The link I have bookmarked is in the Gabriel Johnson forum.

Things to Do in a New Case or When There's No News

Tammy's sisters DNA is processed. See my detailed post 11-20-2014 where sisters DNA was rushed to UNT 9/29; that was 3+ months. We still have not heard if the comparison was done; so this could be a very long wait too

Unfortunately; it could take 2+ months like Cali's case. Tammy's sisters DNA was taken almost 3 months ago; still no word

Thanks for the alert in the BREAKING NEWS forum, Bessie!

Myrtle Beach police opening investigation into "Grateful Doe"

by Continuous News Desk

Posted: 51 mins ago

Police have opened an investigation to see if a missing Myrtle Beach man is "Grateful Doe."

Police say Callahan has not been seen or heard from since June 1995 and, at that time, he left to follow the band Grateful Dead.

The Myrtle Beach Police Department is working with other agencies to determine if Jason Callahan is Grateful Doe by collecting DNA samples, which have been sent off for evaluation.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1149127#.VLansNLF99k

Myrtle Beach police investigate missing person case, possible link to “Grateful Doe”

BY TONYA ROOT
troot@thesunnews.comJanuary 14, 2015 Updated 41 minutes ago

The woman who reported Callahan missing could not be immediately reached Wednesday for comment.

Crosby said officers are investigating Callahan’s disappearance as well as assisting Virginia officials in their case involving Grateful Doe.

A photo of Callahan was not immediately available, Crosby said.

Virginia officials could not be immediately reached for comment about the possible connection to their case.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...ce-investigate.html?sp=/99/134/#storylink=cpy

I see there is a new pic of him on the GD facebook page posted a few mins ago.

ETA: Found it. Picture of Jason Patrick Callahan

Here it is:

1506554_10203577742347762_3670476510276194870_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203577742347762&set=p.10203577742347762&type=1&theater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3