Current Leads; Facts and Updates.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very confused, trying to catch up on 24 hours worth of posts across various sites... if anyone can summarise quickly I'd appreciate it!

I'm gathering there are 3 possible matches, and I've spotted a new photo (of him with a red mug I think), where did that pic come from?

daisytrail, I know you didnt ask me and I dont want to step on toes-the ME investigators might contact family on a possible match if they need FRS dna or medical records to compare the possible with the MP. If the UID and the possible are matched, the family is notified and typically a letter is generated to any jurisdictions involved in the cases so everyone can close it out. In this case, it might be done by phone call etc. The people in LE who have worked on the Grateful Doe side have been unflagging in their efforts. Just my experience in any case.

I'm very confused, trying to catch up on 24 hours worth of posts across various sites... if anyone can summarise quickly I'd appreciate it!

I'm gathering there are 3 possible matches, and I've spotted a new photo (of him with a red mug I think), where did that pic come from?

I think it is two maybe-a mother on FB who believes greymetal's photos are of her son, JCa. I think there was one on a MSM page (?) that indicated greymetal's pictures were of a HS friend, JY.

The only lead I can confirm is that a woman contacted the Grateful Doe Facebook page this morning claiming to be the mother of the young man in the photographs, his name was Jason, and he had been missing for many years. I can confirm that she did indeed have a son named Jason who was 18 years old in 1995. And I can confirm that she observed his birthday every year on Facebook since at least 2010. This is the singular most promising lead we have seen in the identification of the Illinois/South Carolina "Jason" in the photographs. She has contacted authorities and the process is underway to see if her son is Grateful Doe.

The only lead I can confirm is that a woman contacted the Grateful Doe Facebook page this morning claiming to be the mother of the young man in the photographs, his name was Jason, and he had been missing for many years. I can confirm that she did indeed have a son named Jason who was 18 years old in 1995. And I can confirm that she observed his birthday every year on Facebook since at least 2010. This is the singular most promising lead we have seen in the identification of the Illinois/South Carolina "Jason" in the photographs. She has contacted authorities and the process is underway to see if her son is Grateful Doe.

And she seems to resemble the J in the pictures as well.

I think it is two maybe-a mother on FB who believes greymetal's photos are of her son, JCa. I think there was one on a MSM page (?) that indicated greymetal's pictures were of a HS friend, JY.

Ok, thank you for clarifying. I thought I had seen somewhere another reference to a Jay or Jason with surname Co**. May have been discounted. I am very behind!

<modsnip>

Her thread has been deleted and there is a real interest in protecting her identity now since it has been confirmed that she is in touch with authorities.sni

On a different note, the body of missing Deadhead Cengez Noray has been identified.
He was last seen in April 1995. He was following the Grateful Dead. His body was
found a week later, but remained unidentified until last month. A Reuters article from
yesterday posted on Yahoo! has the details.

On a different note, the body of missing Deadhead Cengez Noray has been identified.
He was last seen in April 1995. He was following the Grateful Dead. His body was
found a week later, but remained unidentified until last month. A Reuters article from
yesterday posted on Yahoo! has the details.
Not to nitpick, but Cengiz was found a month later, not 1 week.

*Sent from an Etch-a-Sketch*

Champaign ties may help solve 'Grateful Doe' cold case
Lindsey Gordon
Aubrey Morse
01/10/2015 06:42 PM

CHAMPAIGN -- A 20-year-old mystery could be close to being solved and it has a direct link to Champaign County.

In the last week social media outlets have been buzzing. Thousands across the nation have been trying to identify a crash victim killed in 1995 without any ID, just a Grateful Dead t-shirt and concert tickets in his pocket.

Since then he’s been known as “Grateful Doe.”

After all this time a Champaign-Urbana man believes he knows who it is. He saw a composite sketch and believes his name is “Jason” and he actually lived with him more than 20 years ago.

“To think that people had been looking for him for 20 years just really blew my mind," said MF, of Urbana.

[...]

Anyone with information or who may recognize the person in these images should call case manager, David Baldwin at 757.683.8366.

My heart is just bursting. Sadness, joy, excitement... So many emotions right now, I can't figure out what to do with myself. I'm sitting here refreshing over and over and over again.

My heart is just bursting. Sadness, joy, excitement... So many emotions right now, I can't figure out what to do with myself. I'm sitting here refreshing over and over and over again.

You and I both. And probably a dozen others too.

I didn't want to mention this b/c of reasons that will become obvious, but a friend of mine who is a clarivoyant/Tarot Card reader had some things to say about this case several weeks ago. (She saw the case on fb where she networks for her readings.) She said eventually someone would come forward & she mentioned something about Grateful Doe's mother. I was pessimistic at the time & said I thought no one would come forward unless it was some random relative who HAD been wondering about where Grateful Doe had went. My exact wording was "It's been a long time & if no one has said anything now it's unlikely anyone will remember."

So obviously, I'm not a clarivoyant but my friend might be...lol...

Me too. I wonder how soon there could be confirmation if this is it, and also how, and how much, info will be shared with the public.... :o

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

So am I #4 that is admitting to stalking this page in sheer anticipation, nervousness and downright impatience? I PRAY that we have answers soon, and that we are all soon able to call "Jason" by his given name.

BBM, except a whole lot of misinfo was posted to throw people off the track for some reason, so it's very hard to know how viable that lead ever was.

Lead 2 on FB certainly seems viable.

Haven't been able to keep up the last two days, now I'm lost. It's my understanding that the Craig's list person and the C connection was discredited. Is that correct? And now there is a FB woman that believes our GD is her son? If that's the case would this also mean Jason was not in the foster care system as was at one point said to be a possibility? Sorry for all the questions , but if there's anyone who could fill me in on the "misinfo" I would be eternally grateful . TIA

Haven't been able to keep up the last two days, now I'm lost. It's my understanding that the Craig's list person and the C connection was discredited. Is that correct? And now there is a FB woman that believes our GD is her son? If that's the case would this also mean Jason was not in the foster care system as was at one point said to be a possibility? Sorry for all the questions , but if there's anyone who could fill me in on the "misinfo" I would be eternally grateful . TIA
I believe that the lady from FB is now the only real lead other than the roommates who didn't know his last name. I tried to catch up too but things were moving so fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaDiosa1975