Current Leads; Facts and Updates.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I missed this on the thread-did you guys send this to the ME? They can do skull imaging. The full on face shots would be good for that. I had a case in GA where we sent pictures of our missing person and the ME did the imaging from the skull of the Jane Doe. I had another case where we took some John Doe pics that were on the www and had them compared at Quantico to a missing child we were searching for.

Dont get stuck on finding supporting documentation when you have a lead as hot as this. My :twocents:

So, in going back and reading old threads, I came across a post in the thread "What are your theories" from "Zapped" in May 2013. Which would fit the new leads. If somebody already mentioned this, then I apologize. Also, I'm not sure if I'm doing the "quoting" thing right. Sorry...

Nice find!!! Definitely worth pursuing. I hope someone can contact her, she needs to see these new pictures.

I remember him because he actually saved our lives. I was falling asleep behind the wheel and my friend didnt have a license. I actually dozed off and ran off the road a number of times before this guy talked me into letting him drive.

I it turns out to have been Jason this would make his death all the more heartbreaking.

So, in going back and reading old threads, I came across a post in the thread "What are your theories" from "Zapped" in May 2013. Which would fit the new leads. If somebody already mentioned this, then I apologize. Also, I'm not sure if I'm doing the "quoting" thing right. Sorry...

Wow. That pretty much coincides of what we know of Illinois Jason from the pics. Sounds likes it's likely she met him as well.

I have to say that as we hear more about this man's travels and the people he met, seeing his smile, it makes me hope he's alive and well. But at the same time, I want Grateful Doe to be brought home. It's such a conflicting feeling and I wasn't expecting that. I felt I would feel happy as we found out more clues, but it's making me sad.

If it turns out that Jason is the GD, then we have even more reason to feel good about what was done for him. If he gets his identity back, that is one thing. But by putting the pieces together and threading different memories of him with stories doesn't just help bring his name back, it brings him to life in our hearts and minds. And that my friend is something very special, especially if turns out that he really never had anyone special he left behind. YKWIM?

"Such a long long time to be gone and a short time to be here" - the GDead

If it turns out that Jason is the GD, then we have even more reason to feel good about what was done for him. If he gets his identity back, that is one thing. But by putting the pieces together and threading different memories of him with stories doesn't just help bring his name back, it brings him to life in our hearts and minds. And that my friend is something very special, especially if turns out that he really never had anyone special he left behind. YKWIM?

"Such a long long time to be gone and a short time to be here" - the GDead

So very true.

I tweeted the new picture and asked the band Phish to retweet but I'm sure they don't manage their own account I'm sure an intern does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear EVERYONE,

OMG. I AM SPEECHLESS. THIS IS AMAZING WORK. YES I AM YELLING BECAUSE YOUR WORK IS BEYOND INCREDIBLE.

The hard work you all are doing for a family hurting for their lost loved one is very commendable.

Please forgive me if I missed it but how do you find out if your match is our GD? What is the next step.

Again, I probably missed it. I was reading so fast because I was so excited.

If this turns out to be GD I will send out a press release. I'm sure media people will want to talk to the members who worked on the case.

Please keep me posted. If you need anything that Websleuths can help you with email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

I am going to tweet this thread out and post a link to it in our "Notices" section. That is at the top of every page. Right now it asks people to check out the missing forum.

Also, no matter what happens, I would like to interview one or two of you on my radio show. Any takers?

THANK YOU,
Tricia

Everyone,

There has got to be something as co-owner of Websleuths that I can do to help. Email me and tell me how I can help . triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

I will help you any way I can.

Tricia

I tweeted the new picture and asked the band Phish to retweet but I'm sure they don't manage their own account I'm sure an intern does

I think tapping the Phish community would be a very good idea. All of my deadhead friends who were GD's age in 1995 were also huge Phish fans. It was the old-school deadhead that rejected Phish in the mid-90's. Additionally, coloring his hair red was not an old-school deadhead thing to do. It reflected his alt rock generation.

Everyone,

There has got to be something as co-owner of Websleuths that I can do to help. Email me and tell me how I can help . triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

I will help you any way I can.

Tricia

Thank you, Tricia! I alerted Greymetal to your post since she is the one who "broke" the story. I'm sure she will have some ideas!

One last question
What arm was GDs tat on? He is smoking with his left arm. Meaning he's left handed. Most get tats on their dominant hand.
Also he had a yellow lighter and was smoking in the new updated pic.

Sorry to disagree, but some people don't smoke with their dominant hand. Most of the people I know who smoke while they drive smoke lefty, no matter what handed they are, just because of the window. I also know at least one righty who smokes lefty because she just can't manage to use a lighter with her left hand. (She is possibly the world's worst smoker.)

His tattoo could also be on his left arm either way. It especially could be on his left arm (and he be righty) if he inked it himself. It looks remarkably similar to a heart tattoo a friend of mine gave herself at 14, both in poor line quality and uneven color tone.

I wonder if there is a way, without endangering the integrity of any such program, obviously, to get the word out to AA/NA groups in places he is suspected of living. His friends would likely be around 40 right now. Kids, jobs, sobering up if that was their scene. If his acquaintances/friends were heavy into the chemical aspect of following the dead, they may not have been in a place to miss him then and may have withdrawn from ties to the Dead and many of the social media avenues linked to jam bands.

I was looking at GD's profile on Namus, and the ME had his height at 68 in which is 5'6". Has anyone checked the others in the pics for heights to compare to see if it is comparable?

I was looking at GD's profile on Namus, and the ME had his height at 68 in which is 5'6". Has anyone checked the others in the pics for heights to compare to see if it is comparable?

He definitely looks quite a bit shorter than those in the picture with him. Unless all are abnormally tall it would make sense that "Jason" is on the shorter side. His hands look disproportionate to his forearms, very large.

I thought there was a report that the note wasn't actally found in his pocket, but somewhere near the accident scene? I read someone said there isn't even a guarantee it belonged to him, may have just been on the ground nearby? I've read so much in the past couple days, I can't remember where I read that.

Question
That summer was incredibly hot. I remember RFK in particular was like 9000 degrees. All sorts of people were under a bridge to escape the heat.

It's amazing to me GD had jeans and that was it. I'm not sure how anyone could survive the heat those two days in pants.

Also. It is likely he bought that shirt on that summer tour. He likely didn't start the tour w just the shirt and jeans.

Maybe we are asking the wrong questions.

Did anyone find a bag on that tour? A wallet? If he worked at mcd's assuming the new pic is GD he had to have an identity as in a wallet and social security card.

Maybe the key to all of this is not if they remember someone. But if they found a bag left in a car or hotel room etc.

Also he had a lighter but no smoke or smokes. The note itself doesn't look to mangled. Especially for being in a pocket. My guess is he just got it.

I thought there was a report that the note wasn't actally found in his pocket, but somewhere near the accident scene? I read someone said there isn't even a guarantee it belonged to him, may have just been on the ground nearby? I've read so much in the past couple days, I can't remember where I read that.

I remember reading the same about the note. I believe it was surprising to everyone that has followed the case because we all assumed the note was in his pocket not near by. I think that info was released recently. It's on one of the threads here.

I have received confirmation that the other person in the photo was 6'3". I guess that would put "Jason" about the correct height as GD.

Hey Tricia!

So glad to see you here. I'm happy that you are happy with the work that has been done! You should know confidently by now, WebSleuths is one of the BEST communities on the internet.

The next step is making contact with Law Enforcement. This social media push has been primarily to find new leads (which we did), and now we have a focus on seeking out the details of the young man shown to us in these photos (our new lead). We are focusing on this to identify him, and confirm, or rule out, him being our Grateful Doe.

Thank you again for posting. I know I speak for all of us when I say it means so much to know that it has gone this far!

If you want any other information, post away! There are amazing people here 24/7 happy to answer questions, as I have found over the past few days! :)

- Grey!

68" is actually 5'8" which is more on the shorter side of normal than if he was 5'6" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member