Current Leads; Facts and Updates.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Attacking WS Moderators & Administrators:

Posting a thread to comment on, question, or criticize moderator or administrator action is not appropriate in a public forum. Please utilize the board’s Private Message function, or email staff if you wish to discuss these issues. As long as you bring up your concerns maturely and civilly to the moderator or administrator in question, we will do our best to address your concerns fairly and promptly.

Here are the “Dos” and “Don’ts” of addressing your concerns to moderators or administrators:

Do be civil and polite. Bring up your concerns in a mature and respectful manner. If you are contacting us because you violated forum guidelines, be adult enough to admit your mistake. If your ID has been locked for some reason, talking politely to us about it in private, via e-mail or private message, can get your ID reinstated in many cases.

Do not be derogatory or insulting towards us. You will not get what you want by name calling or bashing us.

All we ask is that you treat us the way you would want us to treat you. If you treat us with respect, we will do the same for you.

Realize that a lot goes on behind the scenes. If you are thinking to yourself "Those moderators are either total idiots or they know something I do not", it's safe to assume we know something you do not.

[h=1]Etiquette & Information[/h]

The moment you tell people to stop contacting LE, about what may or may not be redundant info, is the moment that someone has a tip that is THE one and they don't send it in, because they presume someone else has. Who are WE to decide what is or is not relevant? I'm not suggesting to send in every rumour whatsoever, and I am like others, taking things with a grain of a salt, most especially on social media networks.

We now know that the info found from all the volunteers to date has been sent to LE. So that's GREAT.

If you believe you have a tip on who Grateful Doe MAY be, please send it in to the authorities. They will go from there to investigate.

JMO

Why not open a thread about tips that the ME has been contacted with? That way, we know that they are getting all of the info and people aren't duplicating calls?

Attacking WS Moderators & Administrators:

Posting a thread to comment on, question, or criticize moderator or administrator action is not appropriate in a public forum. Please utilize the board’s Private Message function, or email, staff if you wish to discuss these issues. As long as you bring up your concerns maturely and civilly to the moderator or administrator in question, we will do our best to address your concerns fairly and promptly.

Here are the “Dos” and “Don’ts” of addressing your concerns to moderators or administrators:

Do be civil and polite. Bring up your concerns in a mature and respectful manner. If you are contacting us because you violated forum guidelines, be adult enough to admit your mistake. If your ID has been locked for some reason, talking politely to us about it in private, via e-mail or private message, can get your ID reinstated in many cases.

Do not be derogatory or insulting towards us. You will not get what you want by name calling or bashing us.

All we ask is that you treat us the way you would want us to treat you. If you treat us with respect, we will do the same for you.

Realize that a lot goes on behind the scenes. If you are thinking to yourself "Those moderators are either total idiots or they know something I do not", it's safe to assume we know something you do not.

I'm sorry, I don't assume anything. I appreciate you telling us that you know something we do not. I'll step back now and wait. That was literally ALL I needed to hear. Because until now it looked like only one poster who made no sense wasn't sharing his information with anyone else and asking us all to stop what we're doing because the case was solved.

I am always mindful that we are all driven by the same goal: to give Grateful doe back his name and his family. Our different reactions, responses and requests are simply the bumps and curves on a journey being walked by a large group of people trying to proceed together. Tricia was wonderful last night by posting reasureance to the group that when we felt like maybe we were going to be left behind websleuths was prepared to insure we would not. For 20 years GD has remained alone with no name and no family. Let us keep walking this journey together that wonderful souls like GM and DrM and others are leading with such heart and thought. Even if at he end of there their is no family waiting for GD to come home ( which sadly is a real possiblity ) let his family here stay united and determined.

I think everyone needs to stop contacting LE and the ME to provide redundant info. I think everyone needs to stop contacting DrMike and greymetal to ask questions. Please everyone read the closed thread that DrMike started about the Aunt. And let one person sort this out - it looks like Tricia is on top of things. We will know more soon enough and there is no sense driving everyone crazy with calls, emails and PMs en masse. Patience patience. Rome was not built in a day as I have always heard. You have all done such great things and we are all so so excited but now we need to let this continue until the potential lead is confirmed or debunked without junking up the process with too many over excited onlookers. Jmo.

Anyone who has any sort of tip or information should absolutely contact LE. Sorting out information and deciding what is and is not credible is their job, not ours.

All IMO!!

I'll go through hell and back to finally send GD home. None of this drama is important in the big picture. There is only one goal. And while I am frustrated by the weird way in which this has been divulged to this community, all of it is worth every moment if it means this young man and his family finally have closure.

"So many roads I tell you
So many roads I know
All I want is one
to take me home"

I am always mindful that we are all driven by the same goal: to give Grateful doe back his name and his family. Our different reactions, responses and requests are simply the bumps and curves on a journey being walked by a large group of people trying to proceed together. Tricia was wonderful last night by posting reasureance to the group that when we felt like maybe we were going to be left behind websleuths was prepared to insure we would not. For 20 years GD has remained alone with no name and no family. Let us keep walking this journey together that wonderful souls like GM and DrM and others are leading with such heart and thought. Even if at he end of there their is no family waiting for GD to come home ( which sadly is a real possiblity ) let his family here stay united and determined.

Thank you!

I hate going O/T but last nights postings really left a sour taste in my mouth. It feels different around here. I know I'm personally a little bothered (trying to shake it off though!). I hope we can all just keep going with as much heart and enthusiasm as before :)

Unidentified and Unclaimed Forum Suggestions & Guidelines **REQUIRED READING**

Unidentified and Unclaimed Forum Suggestions & Guidelines

In collaboration with NCMEC, LE and Medical Examiners, Websleuths has assembled some suggestions, recommendations and guidelines for our members of the UID area.

When contacting law enforcement, medical examiners, NAMUS, NCMEC, DOE NETWORK, reporters or other officials, please keep in mind that you do so as an individual and not a representative of Websleuths.com, LLC. You are individual contributors on an Internet Crime/Missing Persons/ Unidentified and Unclaimed Persons message board. If asked, you may certainly mention our name and the fact that you are a member; however, please do not give the impression you are representing Websleuths.com, unless you have explicit authorization from the owners.

Please be respectful of the official(s) you are contacting. Be polite and mindful of their busy schedules. As an individual and a member of Websleuths, we all have an obligation to maintain a healthy and cordial relationship with law enforcement, medical examiners, NAMUS, et al.

The folks you are contacting are probably more anxious than you to resolve a case. Please do not contact these officials unreasonably. If you have sent an inquiry or submitted information, please allow a minimum of 30 days for a response before you reconnect with these officials. In most instances an acknowledgement or reply may take at least 30 days. Keep in mind, these are investigations and there are many factors to consider and investigate before a case can be resolved.

Please be mindful that law enforcement and officials are under no obligation to let us know whether your information was helpful and/or helped to resolve a case. Certainly, we are always pleased and extremely proud when we are told such news, but we certainly don’t wish to jeopardize or compromise a case or be a pest to officials.

When contacting more than one entity, be it law enforcement, NAMUS, the medical examiner, the detectives, etc., please be sure to give each one the name and contact information of all other entities you have contacted. We have been informed that the entities are not always aware of the information coming in to the other, so many times, efforts are duplicated. Duplicated efforts and tests are costly and unnecessary.

Contacting family members directly would be considered “inserting oneself into a case” and is a violation of our Rules, Guidelines & Best Practices. It’s just not a good idea and best left to the officials. There are many reasons for this rule, but one of the most important of which is, that we don’t know if a family member might be considered a person of interest. Please leave this decision to the officials working the case, or at the very least, ask permission to contact family members.

Please know, the Unidentified and Unclaimed forums of Websleuths is one our most successful and we’re very proud of our members and their hard work in this area.

Thank you.

If any of the original sources of these photographs can contact the Medical Examiners Office in Virginia at (757) 683-8366 or NCMEC through the HELP ID ME Facebook Page or Call Center 1-800-THE-LOST it would be greatly appreciated. We would like to help.

https://www.facebook.com/HelpIDMe

I believe that would be GreyMetal who is probably just waking up. It's morning in Australia right now. If I'm not mistaken she got the very first photos (of Jay/Jason in the skirt) from an Imgur or Reddit user.

I think original sources is technically the owner of the photos or the photographer themself, though that will probably happen through greymetal. But I'm pretty sure one of Jason's former roommates was posting here.

We should keep going as we always have been.
I couldn't agree more. Until an official ID is made -- when and if that ever comes to be -- this young man is still in need of his proper name.

I couldn't agree more. Until an official ID is made -- when and if that ever comes to be -- this young man is still in need of his proper name.

bessie, I just want to express my thanks and gratitude to you and the Mods and Admins who are working behind the scenes on the Grateful Doe case. I am not involved in the huge effort towards trying to identify this young man, however, I have been astounded at the collaborative effort that my fellow WSers have made.

Working with Mr. Lohr, uncovering so many previously unknown connections, and pushing forward despite the thousands of miles and time zones between us, has been incredible to witness. It is to be expected that something of this magnitude will experience speed bumps along the way. That said, I just wanted to chime in to say that I trust your judgment, and believe that the overriding tie that binds everyone working this case is to do just what you said - bring Grateful Doe his proper name, allowing him and his family the peace that has eluded them for decades. For that, you all have my utmost respect and appreciation. :heartluv:

:twocents:

:grouphug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If any of the original sources of these photographs can contact the Medical Examiners Office in Virginia at (757) 683-8366 or NCMEC through the HELP ID ME Facebook Page or Call Center 1-800-THE-LOST it would be greatly appreciated. We would like to help.

https://www.facebook.com/HelpIDMe

I am going to spring off of this post- Anyone who has any of the information alluded to on these threads such as Jason/Jay's full name, possible maternal relatives etc, please contact VA ME office or NCMEC as soon as possible. If you wish to remain anonymous, there are many channels you can utilize. If you are possible relatives or have knowledge of the person who has been identified here via photograph, please contact the ME office or NCMEC as well. They are waiting and they have been made aware of the information on these threads.

:grouphug:

Just seen that my areas news channel just shared the fb story .. Happy

Didn't know if I could post screen shot

Greymetal just posted on a new subreddit that the ME is now 100% involved in the case and she will update us later when she finds out more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC