Current Leads; Facts and Updates.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is certainly possible Doe was a Foster or Adopted child. But just not the one the Phish guy gave a ride to. Kind of depressing he ended up dead too.

I just re-read the April 2014 Huffpost article about GD, and one of the investigators interviewed mentioned the possibility of him being a foster kid. I actually hadn't thought of that, but it seems very possible! Even more so than being an adopted child, IMO, because foster relationships can be very temporary, with no expectations of continued contact, depending on the specific family and child involved. I can see the foster scenario being the case for many other unidentified young people, like Caledonia Jane Doe, another case I'm obsessed with.

I googled the Virginia medical examiner in charge of this case and found a video interview with him, seems like a nice guy. :)

Hi friends :happydance:

Looks like today has been so positive and happy here! This makes me feel so warm inside!

I am in Australia, as another user confirmed, so I'm about 12-16 hours infront of most people on this forum. Tends to be, when I am awake, you guys are asleep, or when I am at work, you guys are awake - It's difficult!

BUT.. it's the weekend, YAY!

NOW, as for the ME update (or what I know of it.. not sure what you all know so far);

Yes, the ME is now 100% involved. I also received a PM on Reddit for details to call the NCMEC (did I get that right)?

I have passed the details of the NCMEC to TWO of the three people I have been in regular contact with, and who have been supplying me with information and photo of our Jason!

But the time I had woken up, one contact had already called up the ME and had a nice long chat with them (as I believe you are already aware). Since then, one other contact has called too (and left a message), and I believe the last one will be making contact in the next 12 hours or so.

YAY! We finally have enough growth that this has reached the most appopriate people to be handling this case!

As the ever-lovely Kaliste stated, and the ever-lovely Bessie agreed, let's just keep on trucking like we have been!

Lots of cuddles

I know its been 20 years but I'm wondering if any one from the church trip to Myrtle Beach remembers Jason trying to contact his family, going to visit or anyone from his family stopping by while he was in town. It would give us some insight into his family relationship,

I know its been 20 years but I'm wondering if any one from the church trip to Myrtle Beach remembers Jason trying to contact his family, going to visit or anyone from his family stopping by while he was in town. It would give us some insight into his family relationship,

Definitely a good avenue. The roommates are working those contacts in the church group as we speak.

Hey all.. I've been following these updates since they begun. This story is one that has haunted me for years. I first want to let you all know that I'm thrilled at all of the work you guys have done and grateful for people like you who invest so much time and thought into finding the answers so many have been wondering about. Keep up the great work! I'm so certain we are on the right track thanks to all of you.. Like a lot of you, I feel that if this is GD, it will be bitter sweet. I want to see this solved and yet, the boy in the photos exudes such a light, happy energy, it makes me sad to imagine he's no longer a part of this world.

I wanted to mention something I saw posted here that I didn't see any follow up to. Someone mentioned that this kid in the photographs stayed at their parents house for a month at some time just prior to moving to champaign. As a mother, if my son brought home a friend, I imagine I would probably be inquisitive about him and ask a lot of questions. I would want to get to know this person living in my house. Do we know if the parents have been asked if they recall him or any details about him?

Definitely a good avenue. The roommates are working those contacts in the church group as we speak.
I realize they are looking for a last name through the church group. I'm thinking more of an observation like someone noticing "it's strange Jason went home to MB and didn't call his mom" or "his family stopped by to say hi" something along those lines.

Sorry to disagree, but some people don't smoke with their dominant hand. Most of the people I know who smoke while they drive smoke lefty, no matter what handed they are, just because of the window. I also know at least one righty who smokes lefty because she just can't manage to use a lighter with her left hand. (She is possibly the world's worst smoker.)

His tattoo could also be on his left arm either way. It especially could be on his left arm (and he be righty) if he inked it himself. It looks remarkably similar to a heart tattoo a friend of mine gave herself at 14, both in poor line quality and uneven color tone.

I used to smoke, when I was at Uni. I always used my left hand as I was busy writing with my right.

I realize they are looking for a last name through the church group. I'm thinking more of an observation like someone noticing "it's strange Jason went home to MB and didn't call his mom" or "his family stopped by to say hi" something along those lines.

Hello! Lurker here :)

Just wanted to point out that Plunder said the picture of Jason with the church group in MB was BEFORE he moved in with them in Champagin. I believe he said this is where his roommate met Jason and befriended him.

Hello! Lurker here :)

Just wanted to point out that Plunder said the picture of Jason with the church group in MB was BEFORE he moved in with them in Champagin. I believe he said this is where his roommate met Jason and befriended him.

The Church group [in the group photo with blurred faces] was involved in bringing Jason from Myrtle Beach to Champaign. It was fairly unusual for them to recruit someone in this way. Therefore, my thinking is they would have some record of his name somewhere in their archives. . .

Ahhh. That's right. I think I had read it both ways. Never mind me.

I don't have the time right now to read the hundreds of posts on Jason Doe, but does anyone follow the FB page set up for him?

I don't have the time right now to read the hundreds of posts on Jason Doe, but does anyone follow the FB page set up for him?

Yes I check occasionally
Someone posted an incorrect lead there for Caroline T unfortunately and I really hope people don't start harassing that person because that person's maiden name begins with an R
They even posted where she works
Smh

No other news that I can see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw when I checked it that the person who runs it asked that no one post anyone's private info. I guess that is why. These pics that are up...are they definitely of this Jason and where did they come from?

I saw when I checked it that the person who runs it asked that no one post anyone's private info. I guess that is why. These pics that are up...are they definitely of this Jason and where did they come from?
No, they are not definitely him, but highly suspected. The first page of this thread should give you a good overview and update of where the current leads came from.

I am new to the GD case and finding it fascinating. A couple of interesting things that I turned up today...
The tshirt worn by Jason in the photo (in the lead coming from Champaign) is still being produced today:
http://www.rock.com/p/the-grateful-dead-space-your-face-mens-t-shirt

There was a documentary made about the fans of the Grateful Dead called "Tied-Dyed". It was made in 1995 and contains footage of "Deadheads" following the band from concert to concert in 1994 (referred to as the 'carpark scene'). I kept expecting to see a familiar face in the crowd. The whole thing is available on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbwwoqQQh-8

My apologies if either of these things has been linked to before - thought it might be interesting background for the new sleuthers that are coming on board :)

I am new to the GD case and finding it fascinating. A couple of interesting things that I turned up today...
The tshirt worn by Jason in the photo (in the lead coming from Campaign) is still being produced today:

There was a documentary made about the fans of the Grateful Dead called "Tied-Died". It was made in 1995 and contains footage of "Deadheads" following the band from concert to concert in 1994 (referred to as the 'carpark scene'). I kept expecting to see a familiar face in the crowd. The whole thing is available on Youtube:

My apologies if either of these things has been linked to before - thought it might be interesting background for the new sleuthers that are coming on board :)
I watched that couple days ago.. Definitely interesting to watch.. And seeing the smiley guy wearing a similar shirt ..

The tshirt worn by Jason in the photo (in the lead coming from Campaign) is still being produced today:

The t-shirt GD wore when he was killed, OTOH, was not a typical shirt. It was a counterfeit, not official merchandise, and not the official 95 tour shirt.

There was a documentary made about the fans of the Grateful Dead called "Tied-Dyed". It was made in 1995 and contains footage of "Deadheads" following the band from concert to concert in 1994 (referred to as the 'carpark scene'). I kept expecting to see a familiar face in the crowd. The whole thing is available on Youtube:

There is also a documentary called "The End of the Road: The Final Tour '95" from Spring and Summer Tour. There is limited footage from RFK and it is not labeled, but it's about the most video footage one can find of the 1995 tours.

Robert Lowery, is the VP for the missing children division in the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. He says the new composite of Grateful Doe was done based on autopsy photos.

"We were able to get a full facial photograph of him that our artist was able to work with. It was actually from photographs that we were able to get from the medical examiner in Virginia," he said.

Lesha Johanneck, one of the administrators of a Facebook page dedicated to finding the identity of Grateful Doe, said the composite has created new leads.
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1147316#.VLB5GNKad2F

Jason's roommates said he was from Myrtle Beach and hasn't been seen since 1995, though they didn't know Jason's last name.

Johanneck said Jason and Grateful Doe are similar in appearance, and there was a note found at the crash that could be a link.

"There was a note found at the accident that said 'To Jason: sorry we had to go, from Caroline O. and Caroline T'," said Johanneck. She said the note had a phone number with a 914 prefix.

"We've been looking for the Carolines", said Johanneck.
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1147316#.VLB5GNKad2F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member