Dad Sends Misguided Message With Daughter's Shirt

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Dad Sends Misguided Message With Daughter's Shirt
00fa300b6eca6abcb55ddaae0607927ddc944d49.jpg

Every few months, we see a viral Facebook post like this: A picture of an overprotective dad with rules or warnings for dating his daughter. Everyone pats this dad on the back. The picture is shared thousands of times.

The latest edition was shared by Kit Dale, two-time World Pro Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu champion, to his more than 90,000 followers via #thefatjewish. The photo depicts a very physically fit dad and a very disgruntled teen daughter. On the front of the young girl’s shirt is a picture of her dad, ripped and flexing. The homemade shirt reads: “Stay Clear Boys, this is my dad!”
https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/dad-sends-misguided-message-with-daughters-shirt-117086189443.html

From the article...

This dad means well, but I think we can do better. As one wise commenter pointed out, a better shirt to empower this young girl and teach her her worth would have read:

“Attention boys, this is my body, and I do what I want with it.
Neither you nor my dad makes any of the rules.
And P.S. I may not even be into boys.”

I realized that I posted this in the wrong forum. Please forgive me. Thanks!

I think it is cute funny and spot on. I think it is a posed picture. She looks 10-12, so she is young.

My daughter went to prom this weekend and her date told her at dinner that he is only a partially evil demon and then proceeded to argue with himself. Her dad picked her up early when she texted.

There are people out there who are crazy, mean, dangerous and unstable. This girl's dad might at least weed out the losers.

At her age, she probably already knows she is into boys, hence the need for the Tshirt.

We told my daughter she can try again at age 25, lol. She agreed.

I could call CPS on anyone who made the daughter a "cool" and "hip" tshirt that said to boys that she does what she wants with her body at age 10-12.

This is the best comment to me from that article: BBM

"Heather • 24 minutes ago
My dad was very protective, very. Boys had to eat a meal with him before taking me out. We had to call when we got there (pay phone style) and call when we to leave. Who was there, where is there, etc. However, he taught me that I was worth protecting. By no means was he buff or scary looking. He was short, chubby, and had a full beard (before beards were cool). But he took the time to be involved in my life. He knew my friends names , would provide the food for hangouts, would watch my teen shows with me, etc. So it wasn't his "strength" that intimidated others or made me feel safe, it was his presence..
Show replies (1) • Reply 13 0

From the article...

But her parents do in fact make the rules and she does not in fact have complete control of her body. If she did there would be no need for sex crime policing.

These fantasies of "empowerment" don't do anybody any good and if taken seriously can do a lot of harm, in my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jzouzie
Back