TX TX - Melissa, WhtFem 44-64, UP3247, struck by vehicle, 4th toe overlaps 3rd & 5th, PM pic, Jan'04

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The locations are just so close, as well. I grew up in the DFW area and towns like these are only occasionally mentioned on the news when there's a tornado or something. The chances of someone so similar-looking and missing/unidentified in these two tiny towns right outside of Dallas also points to a likely match imo.

I guess the likely foul play in Sharon's case is related to the fact that her husband said she just ran off? That usually is not the case, as we know all too well.

So Sharon has the same birth year as the one used at least twice by Doe. Sharon’s CP page notes that she grew up in the area she went missing from and that most of her family still lives in the area - someone could still be available to provide a DNA sample if they haven’t already. CP also mentions that she had a discolored lower front tooth that had been knocked loose when she was a child - Doe is missing a front lower tooth, and trauma can lead to premature loss of adult teeth so if she spent those last few years not taking care of herself it would be a logical possibility that the tooth may have been lost. What I am trying to find is what Sharon’s history is regarding travel and places she lived and whether her family or friends can confirm whether she had a tendency to be gone from home for a day or two sometimes (to account for what sounds like a pretty frequent arrest habit). It was so long ago that there really isn’t a lot I can find on social media or online address records sources even offering up hints of where to look. Anyone else want to try? Neither Doe nor Sharon are on the other’s ruleouts, right?

Sharon Priscilla King – The Charley Project

Okay so I have spoken with a family member of Sharon’s in the past and shared some info with CP but it seems to have been miscommunicated. Sharon’s family all live in the Northeast US, where she was born and raised. She did have a tendency to wander for periods, and she ended up returning once with her future husband and moving to Texas with him. Family rarely saw or heard from her after that, save for one visit some time in the year prior to her disappearance. Her husband was a shifty guy who didn’t want to give any information to her family when pressed, but I believe that he died quite a while back.

Sharon did have a discolored lower tooth after it was knocked out as a kid and the dentist replaced it back in her mouth. I’m not sure if it was the same one that JD was missing, though.

Okay so I have spoken with a family member of Sharon’s in the past and shared some info with CP but it seems to have been miscommunicated. Sharon’s family all live in the Northeast US, where she was born and raised. She did have a tendency to wander for periods, and she ended up returning once with her future husband and moving to Texas with him. Family rarely saw or heard from her after that, save for one visit some time in the year prior to her disappearance. Her husband was a shifty guy who didn’t want to give any information to her family when pressed, but I believe that he died quite a while back.

Sharon did have a discolored lower tooth after it was knocked out as a kid and the dentist replaced it back in her mouth. I’m not sure if it was the same one that JD was missing, though.

I just looked at the CP page again and I think I might have misread - it says she has family in New ENGLAND - I thought I had read New LONDON, which is a city in Texas just an hour from Ben Wheeler, TX where she is reported missing from. I apologize if I created unnecessary confusion! I appreciate that you took the time to clear that up!

If you happen to still have contact with the family member, maybe they could remember if it was one of the front two teeth? It looks like the lower left central incisor in the picture.

Attachments

• E3DB755E-F9D2-42EC-B78F-F19EDEB4F9A5.jpeg
    E3DB755E-F9D2-42EC-B78F-F19EDEB4F9A5.jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 15
If you happen to still have contact with the family member, maybe they could remember if it was one of the front two teeth? It looks like the lower left central incisor in the picture.

From what the family member said, and to the best of their memory, the tooth Sharon had issues with was likely on the bottom in the front, but nothing 100% to say which exact tooth it was.

Hi everyone! I know that this hasn't been commented on in over 6 months, but I wanted to jump in. I live in Melissa, TX about a 2 minute drive from the area where she was hit. We are a tiny town and we were even tinier in 2004 with the Jane Doe was struck and killed. I also was raised in Terrell/Wills Point right near Van Zandt. I am familiar with both locations and would love to help. I have always read things on WS, but never made a profile and participated (I am more of a pen and paper type gal). I am very active in my local community and I am in contact with many members of the Meliss PD on a regular basis as well as the Collin County Sheriff's Office.

I have read back through the post history and I strongly agree that these may be the same two people. I know that EmilyHTX had some information that came directly from the family.

By chance did you happen to ask the name of the dentist or dental office that did the work on replacing the tooth? I believe I read on one of the sites (Doe Network) that the Jane Doe was missing tooth 24 which is a bottom incisor. Also there are many references to the fact that she had no tattoos. Have we checked this information to see if the same goes for SPK? Lastly the Jane Doe was said in many places to have shortened 4th toes that crossed (were webbed together) with the 3rd and 5th toes. Can SPK 's family confirm this fact? It would be very crazy for them to have this in common. It also could rule the JD as a match to SPK as well since it would have existed from birth.

I am going to try and gather more information locally and as I do I will post what I find. I am willing to do some leg work. This seems like something we can solve.

oh! Has anybody looked into the shirt?

Her NamUs case was just updated today... I can't tell what was changed. I think another rule-out was added? It wasn't Sharon King, I remember her being added last year. Think it might have been BK?
Current rule-outs as of Feb 2022:

Sharon King DLC 2002
Linda Davis DLC 1976
Bonnie Kelly DLC 2003
Cary Huie DLC 1998
It was updated because I had reported it to NamUs as well on February the 9th. I received and email back for Michael Nance@NamUs, whom I also spoke with when I called and the email stated that he had submitted it.. the other email I rec'd cc from the same contact was from Collin County ME and it states that this was submitted in 2020 and UNT NamUs did not generate a report that the Unidentified deceased and Sharon Priscilla King were not a match.

It was updated because I had reported it to NamUs as well on February the 9th. I received and email back for Michael Nance@NamUs, whom I also spoke with when I called and the email stated that he had submitted it.. the other email I rec'd cc from the same contact was from Collin County ME and it states that this was submitted in 2020 and UNT NamUs did not generate a report that the Unidentified deceased and Sharon Priscilla King were not a match.

bbm

I'm confused, not unusual. Take your pick, Senior Moment, Blonde Moment, Covid Moment....

Easily confused by a double negative -- did not generate/not a match? I've had English teachers who would ask that the sentence be edited to remove the double negative which leaves did generate/a match. But Ms. King is on the rule-out list.

Is a 'report' only generated when there is a match?

No match = rule-out makes sense, so we're still looking?

Sorry to be picky about grammar!

jmho ymmv lrr

I wish we had more information on what she was arrested for and a list of other alias she has used over the years.

ETA does her presence in the FBI's ViCAP database indicate she was a violent criminal?

IDENTIFIED
Jane Doe’s real name was Lisa Jaqueline Mellay, 47, of California.
The family said she was the daughter of a well-known Hollywood composer who was last seen around the age of 18, said Alvarez.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back