Damar Hamlin collapses on football field; Bills-Bengals temporarily suspended

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
. "It's certainly not an exaggeration to say that the skilled and immediate response by all of these talented caregivers prevented a very tragic outcome at that moment." - Dr. Allen Sills (w/ the NFL). #PrayersForDamar
@uc_health @UCH_PharmRes #WLWT

<CHEF'S KISS> to all the medical personnel!

Their training and immediate response saved Damar's life.

Hopefully Damar comes through with all his faculties intact. He will be so astonished at the attention he's gotten and how his charity has been impacted!

IMO

<CHEF'S KISS> to all the medical personnel!

Their training and immediate response saved Damar's life.

Hopefully Damar comes through with all his faculties intact. He will be so astonished at the attention he's gotten and how his charity has been impacted!

IMO
Jmo, I’ve thought about him many times over the past 24 hours, hoping someday soon he can be stunned at the $6 million (and counting) to his charity, the outpouring of love, the kind words, prayers, people wearing his number, stadiums draped with his name, Niagara Falls blue in his honor! His jersey has been top-selling of any sport. :’(

Same for me. It's been several years since I took CPR class at our local fire dept. Back then, they did teach us how to use the AED. It's fairly simple and the machine tells you very clearly what to do. I'd like to review, though.
I would recommend taking an instructor-led in-person class rather than an online training. There are some organizations that offer online classes, but the hands-on skills practice is the most valuable part of CPR training.

I would highly recommend an American Heart Association CPR/AED class. I’ve taught for Red Cross in the past, but I’ve been an American Heart instructor for several years and I think their course provides the best training.

I would recommend taking an instructor-led in-person class rather than an online training. There are some organizations that offer online classes, but the hands-on skills practice is the most valuable part of CPR training.

I would highly recommend an American Heart Association CPR/AED class.
Yes, 100%! The last time I was certified, we were able to use a dummy that provided real-time feedback for the amount of pressure and speed we were using so we could course correct. It’s one of those things you really have to feel to learn correctly.

Yes, 100%! The last time I was certified, we were able to use a dummy that provided real-time feedback for the amount of pressure and speed we were using so we could course correct. It’s one of those things you really have to feel to learn correctly.
Exactly! American Heart Association requires that their instructors use manikins that provide feedback for rate and depth of compressions.

My daughter is an athletic trainer for her high school football and athletic teams. They are trained in CPR and AED. We were talking tonight about how important it is for them to know exactly what to do because every second matters. There's no doubt that she could and would jump into life saving action if an athlete or anyone was in a similar situation. Praying for Demar's full recovery. Thankful for people who are trained and ready in case of an emergency

I would highly recommend an American Heart Association CPR/AED class. I’ve taught for Red Cross in the past, but I’ve been an American Heart instructor for several years and I think their course provides the best training.
Thank you and great thoughts.
Link to AHA and how to find CPR classes in your area

JMO

Last edited:
Thank you and great thoughts.
Link to AHA and how to find CPR classes in your area

JMO
I've taught AHA CPR since (gulp) 1977. I choose AHA because they devote substantial amounts of money to research. Red Cross is fine btw - but they are not the researchers that bring us the evidence for high quality emergency care.

Damar Hamlin has shown ‘remarkable improvement,’ according to the Buffalo Bills​

FOXBOROUGH – Prior to the Buffalo Bills returning to practice on Thursday, the team received outstanding news about their teammate Damar Hamlin.

While still in critical condition after collapsing due to cardiac arrest on Monday night, Hamlin has shown improvements. On Thursday morning, the Bills organization released an update, saying that the second-year safety is making “steady progress.”

I've taught AHA CPR since (gulp) 1977. I choose AHA because they devote substantial amounts of money to research. Red Cross is fine btw - but they are not the researchers that bring us the evidence for high quality emergency care.
I used to teach Red Cross but switched yo American Heart Association several years ago.

There are several companies that offer online only training, you just pay $90, watch some videos, take a quiz, and then they issue you a CPR card. But you don’t have any hands-on practice and really don’t learn much.

Some of those online CPR companies have deceptive names like “American Health Association” so they can claim they offer “AHA certification.”

OMG I love him. He has no idea what impact he had! So humble, and he thought that the game would continue after he was taken to the hospital lol.

Isn’t that incredible?
He’s still intubated but was able to write that question to the doctors! And when he asked who won the game, the doctors said “you did!”

That made me cry.

Damar had no idea that the game was called off and I can’t wait til he sees what has happened to his charity!

Isn’t that incredible?
He’s still intubated but was able to write that question to the doctors! And when he asked who won the game, the doctors said “you did!”

That made me cry.

Damar had no idea that the game was called off and I can’t wait til he sees what has happened to his charity!
Yes, he did!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back