Dan Rassier: Former POI **Wrongly accused**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO it's rather obvious the correct person is in custody, and DR was not involved. (modsnip) And, that includes LE.

I was so convinced DR did this. His behavior was definitely out of the ordinary, I am in shock. If this is the guy then I seriously am so sorry that I thought this was DR. I do hope that the Wetterlings can find some answers.

DR never rang true to me as a suspect. He's been working as a teacher for 30 odd years with no accusations made against him, so how realistic is it that he would have committed such an extreme crime against a child once and never offended before or since? The usual response to that question is to insinuate that DR has committed all kinds of other crimes but nobody ever reported him, which also rings false. DR has been named all over the media as the main suspect in Jacob's abduction for several years now - its actually a wonder that no false accusations were made against him, never mind suspecting that he's gotten away with true accusations.

This other guy rings true in a way that DR never did. DR was just some hapless eejit who happened to be on the spot and didn't present himself well to the media or to the police.

DR had innocence written all over him from the beginning. He was a bit naive and made some silly comments once in a while , but that comes from a mind that has nothing to hide from anyone.

The things LE did to DR while they always knew what we finally do now-

Told him he's lying/changing stories
Asked him to confess more than once
Hypnotized him
Hooked him up to a lie detector machine
Searched his structures and dug up his gravel pit
Named him a POI

Yet Danny Heinrichs footprints and car are parked on the scene since they connected them in January 1990. And that just makes the most sense right. The trail ended there, it couldn't have been any other way.

The things LE did to DR while they always knew what we finally do now-

Told him he's lying/changing stories
Asked him to confess more than once
Hypnotized him
Hooked him up to a lie detector machine
Searched his structures and dug up his gravel pit
Named him a POI

Yet Danny Heinrichs footprints and car are parked on the scene since Jsnuary 1990. And that just makes the most sense right. The trail ended there, it couldn't have been any other way.

DR is a red herring in this case and always has been. Whether he's become a red herring because LE got tunnel vision about him and lost all perspective, or because they were keeping their options open in private and using him to keep other suspects off their guard is unknown to us.

Whatever, the case for DR' s guilt has never made much sense even before this suspect was revealed.

I didn't think DR was the perp. just because that would have been TOO obvious. I figured we were missing some key information and now we know we were (foot print, tracks). However, I don't fault anyone for their theories nor their advocation of their theories. After all, only the perp. and DR knew the truth as to whether DR was responsible. I do hope they will clear DR publicly.

DR is a red herring in this case and always has been. Whether he's become a red herring because LE got tunnel vision about him and lost all perspective, or because they were keeping their options open in private and using him to keep other suspects off their guard is unknown to us.

Whatever, the case for DR' s guilt has never made much sense even before this suspect was revealed.

We must move to exonerate this man. We need this sob to confess.

We must move to exonerate this man. We need this sob to confess.

What we need most of all is Jacob. His family needs closure, and if applicable, a decent funeral for their son/brother. If LE can only get that I would be happy. DR's exoneration is a secondary consideration, and one which will automatically stem from finding the truth.

What we need most of all is Jacob. His family needs closure, and if applicable, a decent funeral for their son/brother. If LE can only get that I would be happy. DR's exoneration is a secondary consideration, and one which will automatically stem from finding the truth.

Who do you think can tell us where Jacob is?

The person who killed him, and I'm under no illusions that that is DR. The person they currently have in their sights is a far more likely culprit.

I think they should sit this guy down in front of the wetterlings after recieving his life sentence and have a face to face talk.

I wouldn't put the Wetterlings through that.

Then why would Patty have put herself through seeking out DR and asking him to confess. If this mans car and shoes are on that driveway, I wouldnt think twice about confronting him for the answer.

Then why would Patty have put herself through seeking out DR and asking gim to confess. If this mans car and shoes are on that driveway, I wouldnt think twice about confronting him for the answer.

If this man's car and shoes are on that driveway, Patty doesn't need to put herself through the ordeal of confronting him. That's the type of thing victim's families only need to do when the justice system can't help them for some reason. And IMO the justice system couldn't help them with DR because there was never any evidence against him.

This guy, it seems, does have evidence against him. So let the justice system do its job.

If this man's car and shoes are on that driveway, Patty doesn't need to put herself through the ordeal of confronting him. That's the type of thing victim's families only need to do when the justice system can't help them for some reason. And IMO the justice system couldn't help them with DR because there was never any evidence against him.

This guy, it seems, does have evidence against him. So let the justice system do its job.

They haven't gotten the confession and it's looking like he is not going to tell them. Its time for a face to face with Aaron, Trevor, Patty, and Jerry.

They haven't gotten the confession and it's looking like he is not going to tell them. Its time for a face to face with Aaron, Trevor, Patty, and Jerry.

Now, don't be silly. Less than two days into an arrest, and without even knowing what other cards LE may have up their sleeves, you decide the family must be forced to meet the probable murderer of their son? That's just daft.

Let the law do its job.

I keep getting the feeling that we are stuck upside down on the corkscrew at valleyfair, and once it gets going again this train is going to loop with a wallop straight back at DR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member