Dan Rassier: Former POI **Wrongly accused**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've consumed your statement over and again- but having some difficulty digesting it. Maybe it's more than you can say. If Heinrich's foot + tire prints were known in the beginning and yet in 2003 the focus turned 180 degrees to a perp on foot(assuming LE meant DR)......then that's a very wide gap to fill. And non-sensical......hence the shaking of heads.

as per "It Can't Happen Here", page 259...."Patty Wetterling wrote a personal letter to Dan Rassier later in 2004. According to Rassier, the letter appeared to have come from Patty through the Stearns County Sheriff's office. In the letter, Rassier said that Mrs. Wetterling asked him to please come forward, to admit that he committed the abduction, and to tell investigators what had happened on the night of Jacob's abduction. Several years passed and Rassier did not acknowledge or respond in any way to Patty's letter."

Wait...I just ordered your book! Are you going to have to update it again? :D

Lol, still working the case and found more interesting stuff this weekend, but I'm also spending time on some other cases as well. I really didn't think that I would....but it gets in the blood and things just happen, I guess.

Lol, still working the case and found more interesting stuff this weekend, but I'm also spending time on some other cases as well. I really didn't think that I would....but it gets in the blood and things just happen, I guess.

Well thank God for you!!!

ELOC will we be hearing anything new from LE soon? Are they making any progress on all the new info that was released?

ELOC will we be hearing anything new from LE soon? Are they making any progress on all the new info that was released?

I wish I knew. Communications with LE typically only works in one direction, and that's how it should work, I suppose.

What does it mean when DR is named a POI 21 years after they had consistent tire and footprint that linked them to a known person (Heinrich)?

What does it mean when DR is named a POI 21 years after they had consistent tire and footprint that linked them to a known person (Heinrich)?

Probably means there is a lawsuit coming, that's my guess.

In time you will see you were wrong all along. I just hope they can find jw so that the family may get some closure.

I just re-read that article where DR outlines his activities the day that Jacob went missing.
What I find so bizarre, especially for an innocent man, is his complete lack of compassion for the situation. This is a man who makes his living working with kids. He had to have known the Wetterling kids, being their neighbour. However, he just seems so unconcerned and uninterested that a child is missing. Why? Just a crappy personality?

His blasé comments about Jacob's body possibly being buried in their gravel pit make my stomach turn. This is an 11 year old boy for gosh sake.
Innocent? Maybe? A cold fish? Definitely.

JMO

In time you will see you were wrong all along. I just hope they can find jw so that the family may get some closure.

Who was wrong about what? About DR?

Everyone is a suspect... I have been involved in too many cases with my boots on the ground where the actor was a family member, associate or friend who were not under the microscope early enough in the case. In this case there was a laundry list of suspects, many (in my opinion) that were cleared too early or never even looked at until much later...years later.

What I do take issue with is DR being named a POI if there was not sufficient evidence. What we don't know is what evidence LE has. It could be compelling....or laughable.

What I take the most issue with is dismissing a vehicle being involved when Kevin came forward, and to a lesser degree, what is commonly referred to as a search of the farm.

As I said it will happen in time. You can see from previous posts where I stand.

When will DR sue Stearns county? Imo the sooner the better because it will force movement in the case again.

I'm going to put this in the DR thread since it's where it belongs. In regard to the farm search. Sasquatch is correct in that we know few in depth details of the farm search. Some items taken for future testing...and years later when we have cutting edge technology, nothing... From the details we know, what is commonly referred to as the "Search of the Farm" is laughable. LE let DR search the outbuildings himself. Today that would be done by LE or SAR. Every building would have been searched inside and out, the wood pile would have been carefully looked at for disturbances and if needed, disassembled. They took a backhoe to the burn pit, but did they search the entire farm for any signs of other excavations, including in fields, wood lines and tractor pathways? I'm wondering out loud what they had, or think they had to name him a POI? Perhaps the discussed lawsuit will force the details out into the public view.

The last thing LE publicly told me without yet follow up is that certain items are awaiting advancement in technology. For someone without a clue as to where Jacob is, that has to be constantly spinning in your brain. Another thing, I'm the only person who has ever spoken about when DR became a witness, the only witness to vehicles in this case. It's not pretty, the man went to sleep and off to work the next morning when a car with what may be a child in it turned around inside his building site. Thank you to the two investigators who got an idea to go to his work and say "what can you tell us" DR says "well last night before I went to sleep, there was a small dark car and inside their may have been a child." I tell you what guys, I dont like this guy one bit either the outcome.

I'm going to put this in the DR thread since it's where it belongs. In regard to the farm search. Sasquatch is correct in that we know few in depth details of the farm search. Some items taken for future testing...and years later when we have cutting edge technology, nothing... From the details we know, what is commonly referred to as the "Search of the Farm" is laughable. LE let DR search the outbuildings himself. Today that would be done by LE or SAR. Every building would have been searched inside and out, the wood pile would have been carefully looked at for disturbances and if needed, disassembled. They took a backhoe to the burn pit, but did they search the entire farm for any signs of other excavations, including in fields, wood lines and tractor pathways? I'm wondering out loud what they had, or think they had to name him a POI? Perhaps the discussed lawsuit will force the details out into the public view.

I think you have the farm searches confused. There was the original one that night where DR searched. He was considered an upstanding memeber of an amazing family.

The other search with the dogs, etc. was in 2010

The last thing LE publicly told me without yet follow up is that certain items are awaiting advancement in technology. For someone without a clue as to where Jacob is, that has to be constantly spinning in your brain. Another thing, I'm the only person who has ever spoken about when DR became a witness, the only witness to vehicles in this case. It's not pretty, the man went to sleep and off to work the next morning when a car with what may be a child in it turned around inside his building site. Thank you to the two investigators who got an idea to go to his work and say "what can you tell us" DR says "well last night before I went to sleep, there was a small dark car and inside their may have been a child." I tell you what guys, I dont like this guy one bit either the outcome.

It is harsh when you put it out that way

You ought to befriend him cause his pockets will be swole up before long

You ought to befriend him cause his pockets will be swole up before long

I imagine he has a huge amount of money as is. No children, livng with parents. I have not heard about any Jaguars or Mercedes type cars.

Nice pension to which he can contribute huge amounts of money and state healthcare. Pretty good!

No offense, guys, but if you're just going to keep posting over and over again because you just don't like the guy, let's move on. We get it, you don't like DR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73