Dan Rassier: Former POI **Wrongly accused**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that LE convinced DR that they knew it was done on foot, and they knew Jacob never left the property (all BS, of course). DR subsequently processes that info, and probably somewhat believes it, and develops in his mind what he believed was a logical scenario. Given DRs quirkiness, I think this is how all of that played out.

Good one.

The wear on the shoes would still show the same wear patterns unique to the person who wears them. There may have been additional cuts etc, but the wear patterns would remain the same. They are as unique as finger prints.

The tire wear would mostly affect the depth. In a three month period, only hitting a major obstruction would significantly change the pattern. What could change the tire wear pattern is a front end misalignment (caster, camber, toe in or toe out) or shock failure (cupping). The design of the tread would remain as well as any damage previously recorded in the plaster casts and photographs.

What if he had his tires rotated as well during that three months? Would they have checked each tire against the prints?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This mans family and his own self image has been completely destroyed. We now factually know Heinrich is the abductor. It's too late now, the damage has already been done. And even though we found Jacobs abductor, Dan's life will continue to be destroyed based on LE's incompetence to clear him.

He seems to have lived a rich full life doing what he wants, Travel, teaching, running, music. Unlike Jacob .

He seems to have lived a rich full life doing what he wants, Travel, teaching, running, music. Unlike Jacob .

So...he coped well, at least outwardly...we will never know the extent of pain he and his family felt.

He has been a wonderful teacher, mentor and a true blessing to our community.

He has been a wonderful teacher, mentor and a true blessing to our community.

He was selected teach of the year, in 2014, I believe. The school kept it on the downlow to avoid attention / potential conflict.

So...he coped well, at least outwardly...we will never know the extent of pain he and his family felt.

My point is that this is a site for Jacob. There are plenty of people who suffered plenty like Trevor. Why the focus on DR?

By shifting the blame to someone local and on foot. Basically DR. DR in 2009 even does away with a vehicle by saying someone buried Jacob in his gravel pit that night. Unless he also thinks Heinrich returned a year later or two to bury him back there.

Just to clarify....DR didn't say directly that someone buried Jacob in his gravel pit. When he was asked where someone could possibly have buried a body on the property ....he just mentioned the gravel pit as a possible location someone could do that. A big difference from how I read your statement.

By shifting the blame to someone local and on foot. Basically DR. DR in 2009 even does away with a vehicle by saying someone buried Jacob in his gravel pit that night. Unless he also thinks Heinrich returned a year later or two to bury him back there.

Now I'm really confused. I already believe that Heinrich is the culprit. So why would DR hide anything ? Ok, I haven't read back far enough? Is that it? I'm sure I'm just missing something here. TIA

One of the things that is done for people who threaten suicide is to ask how they would do it. If the person comes up with an answer , it is felt that the threat may be serious as the person has thought about the means.

It could be gleaned from this that DR has thought about where Jacob could be on the property.

Now I'm really confused. I already believe that Heinrich is the culprit. So why would DR hide anything ? Ok, I haven't read back far enough? Is that it? I'm sure I'm just missing something here. TIA

I imagine LE was wondering why DR would say that. Especially since DR thought Jacob was ramen by car.

LE was and is still incompetent to clear this innocent person. Let us clear him by the immediate removal of this entire thread.

They didn't need to clear him for common sense to prevail. The guy is a teacher who's dedicated his life to educating children, the notion he would abduct a neighborhood child in his own driveway while leaving two witnesses behind was ridiculous from the beginning. especially with no history of abusing children and no evidence pointing to him in this case. The thread should stay if for nothing else to look back at how wrong some were to be so accusatory without good cause.

Once the DNA test confirmed that Heinrich did the Cold Spring abduction, the issue was pretty well settled for most people. I don't live in Minnesota so I don't have any idea how public opinion towards DR changed over the years. He obviously had the support of the people who were closest to him; particularly his employer, co-workers and the parents of his students.

Ironically, the methods that were used against him are the very methods that were effectively used against Heinrich. By putting a suspect in a situation where he loses his support network because they all know he is guilty, Law Enforcement creates complete isolation and intense pressure to give up his secret. Confession becomes the only way relieve the pressure.

This method is a tried and true means to get the guilty to confess; particularly those who are not criminally sophisticated. It was never intended as an investigative tool but it is sometimes used that way. All to often it results in false confessions or elicits incriminating statements from innocent people. Fortunately for DR, he hung tough and did not cave it. Still, some of innocent well statements he gave were construed to make him appear guilty.

One of the results of the abuse of this interrogation technique is that innocent people become afraid to cooperate with LE and lawyer up instead of clearing themselves and moving the investigation forward. They are afraid LE will pull this sort of thing on them; and rightfully so.

My point is that this is a site for Jacob. There are plenty of people who suffered plenty like Trevor. Why the focus on DR?

Well, let's see.
This thread is titled Dan Rassier POI.
It's filled with people such as yourself talking about why they think DR is a terrible monster who killed Jacob.
But yeah, having empathy for a falsely accused man whose life was likely made hellish but who still managed to try to not fall completely apart and have a nervous breakdown, falsely confess, or kill himself isn't allowed on this thread because it would be disrespectful to Jacob.

Give me a break. The episodic lack of empathy around these parts for innocent people who have been falsely accused of crimes is breathtaking.

Well, let's see.
This thread is titled Dan Rassier POI.
It's filled with people such as yourself talking about why they think DR is a terrible monster who killed Jacob.
But yeah, having empathy for a falsely accused man whose life was likely made hellish but who still managed to try to not fall completely apart and have a nervous breakdown, falsely confess, or kill himself isn't allowed on this thread because it would be disrespectful to Jacob.

Give me a break. The episodic lack of empathy around these parts for innocent people who have been falsely accused of crimes is breathtaking.

Hm. I think,LE labeled him as POI. If you recall, I was the one who brought up DAH. He was long forgotten So forgotten no one remembered his name until some smart sleuthers on here figured it out which lead to finding out about Heinrich.

A huge consortium of LE named him POI from whatever evidence they had. So curious when there were so many better choices including the one they investigated right away for months. I always thought Minnesota is the smartest. The smartest LE, FBI, BCA. So many agencies and investigators .

Empathy for the family of the missing child.

I apologize from the bottom of my heart to Dan Rassier. I hope that this gives you closure and peace. I am so sorry for the years of you having to live as a person of interest and being torn apart and put in the spotlight for a cirme that you did not commit. Peace to you and your family.

I apologize from the bottom of my heart to Dan Rassier. I hope that this gives you closure and peace. I am so sorry for the years of you having to live as a person of interest and being torn apart and put in the spotlight for a cirme that you did not commit. Peace to you and your family.

Definitely sorry as well, I only saw someone LE had labled a POI and was not cleared. The guy is incredible to me through and through now. I'm just really glad his place of employment and his family kept his back the entire time as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme