Dan Rassier: Former POI **Wrongly accused**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of things that stick in my craw....
1. DR saw 2 vehicles traverse his driveway(1 in the afternoon, 1 at the time of the abduction)....he stated he is 100% certain that the afternoon driver is the culprit. Therefore, he(the afternoon driver) is also the night time driver/abductor. This being the case.....the abductor exited the scene that night with Jacob....and he had a different vehicle...switching from a Monte Carlo with a tan finish, white top, to a smaller, darker vehicle.
2. #1 stated above being the case....why search the outbuildings when Jacob was spirited away in a vehicle? And beyond that.....why state that 'someone may have buried a body on the premises'? Why would an abductor abduct and then return to the scene of the crime? To conceal(bury) the body....?

*as an aside....how does DR know that the afternoon driver is also the night-time driver(abductor)?

Excellent logical thinking

I've recently spent some time reading about FBI profiling and cases of other abductions. I've noticed that it's common in unsovled cases such as Jacob's, to have a variety of suspects, rabbit holes, conspiracy theories, and the like. I'm posting this in multiple threads, so users may comment within the context of the intended purpose of the thread. I have more to add, and will do so following input from others.

I've also concluded there are two types of child molesters who would be the most likely perp in Jacob's case, IMO. One is the Preferential offender, the other is the Situational offender.

A Preferential offender is attracted to children, and typically targets a particular age or stage of development. They are most likely to prefer boys over girls, and generally prefer targeting one or the other, not both. Preferential offenders have the potential to molest large numbers of children. They generally exhibit one or a combination of three patterns of behavior: Seduction, Introverted, or Sadistic. The seductive molester targets children who are emotionally or physically neglected. He gives the child attention and gifts, and ultimately the victim becomes willing to trade these things for sex. They often seek long term relationships with their victims, and their biggest problem is breaking off the relationship once the victim is too old. The other big problem for seducers comes when a victim tries to "leave" the relationship before the molester is ready, and that can lead to threats or violence on the victim. A sadistic molester is aroused by inflicting pain on their victims and is more likely to abduct than other types of Preferential offenders. There are cases where a seducer escalates to a sadistic offender.

A Situational offender does not have a true sexual preference for children. A well known profiler says that this kind of molester is socially awkward, may live with their parents or adult family, and will tend to molest close to home. A Situational offender typically exhibits one or more of the following behavioral traits: Morally Indiscriminate, Regressed, Inadequate, and Sexually Indiscriminant. The morally indiscriminate offender may justify their offenses by saying "why not"? An inadequate molester has very low social confidence that may lead to extreme behavior under the right conditions. A Situational offender may offend over a wide range of frequency, from a "once in a lifetime" event to a long term record of offenses. Under the right circumstances, usually brought on by a stressor in the offender's life, he may abduct a child. Such an offender will keep close tabs on an investigation, gathering newspaper clippings and interjecting himself into the investigation. He will typically have a collection of detective magazines or adult *advertiser censored*.

I've recently spent some time reading about FBI profiling and cases of other abductions. I've noticed that it's common in unsovled cases such as Jacob's, to have a variety of suspects, rabbit holes, conspiracy theories, and the like. I'm posting this in multiple threads, so users may comment within the context of the intended purpose of the thread. I have more to add, and will do so following input from others.

I've also concluded there are two types of child molesters who would be the most likely perp in Jacob's case, IMO. One is the Preferential offender, the other is the Situational offender.

A Preferential offender is attracted to children, and typically targets a particular age or stage of development. They are most likely to prefer boys over girls, and generally prefer targeting one or the other, not both. Preferential offenders have the potential to molest large numbers of children. They generally exhibit one or a combination of three patterns of behavior: Seduction, Introverted, or Sadistic. The seductive molester targets children who are emotionally or physically neglected. He gives the child attention and gifts, and ultimately the victim becomes willing to trade these things for sex. They often seek long term relationships with their victims, and their biggest problem is breaking off the relationship once the victim is too old. The other big problem for seducers comes when a victim tries to "leave" the relationship before the molester is ready, and that can lead to threats or violence on the victim. A sadistic molester is aroused by inflicting pain on their victims and is more likely to abduct than other types of Preferential offenders. There are cases where a seducer escalates to a sadistic offender.

A Situational offender does not have a true sexual preference for children. A well known profiler says that this kind of molester is socially awkward, may live with their parents or adult family, and will tend to molest close to home. A Situational offender typically exhibits one or more of the following behavioral traits: Morally Indiscriminate, Regressed, Inadequate, and Sexually Indiscriminant. The morally indiscriminate offender may justify their offenses by saying "why not"? An inadequate molester has very low social confidence that may lead to extreme behavior under the right conditions. A Situational offender may offend over a wide range of frequency, from a "once in a lifetime" event to a long term record of offenses. Under the right circumstances, usually brought on by a stressor in the offender's life, he may abduct a child. Such an offender will keep close tabs on an investigation, gathering newspaper clippings and interjecting himself into the investigation. He will typically have a collection of detective magazines or adult *advertiser censored*.

It would be nice if DR would share his info as SAS suggests since this offender has managed to fool numerous investigators and agencies for over 1/4 of a century. I wonder if any other offender has a record like that?

Nope nothing to do with this. No evidence points to him and no motive either

HOW can you be so certain? I myself, have no idea. However I must admit, as of late there have been a few " things that make ya go hmm."

THIS. What does one make of it? Looking back at the all of the " voluntary information " that was all done for the greater good. I can't help but to wonder " many sociopaths, etc. pass/have passed polygraphs and the like all the time, they are known to be quite good at it and the charade of playing "Mr. Nice "
Is the above post maybe a clue/hint that a certain POI is a POI for good reason and has indeed tripped himself up and made a "mistake" if you will?

Just a thought..

In reference to DR Seeing Different vehicles, then searching the buildings, then saying a body could be buried there.

The poi designation is a local law enforcement lark. Even Patty Wetterling believes he is innocent

That is an incorrect statement that Patty believes he is innocent. Does she seem to keep an open mind...yes but there have been many actions on her part directly with DR that state the exact opposite of her thinking he's innocent.

He collected newspaper clippings, recorded news stories, and wrote in his journal for 21 years. He is the only person in the area that may have saw something related to the crime and is gagged by LE not to tell all he knows yet. He became a interesting person in 2010, so he has something to do and more to share in this case.

RBBM
What makes you think it is LE who has told him not to speak? IMO, he is withholding info on his own which LE has tried to get him to say. Joy said on her blog (in the section about DR) that DR had things he wasn't ready or willing to share yet.

I wish he would share his info. Otherwise, he is helping a master criminal escape.

That is an incorrect statement that Patty believes he is innocent. Does she seem to keep an open mind...yes but there have been many actions on her part directly with DR that state the exact opposite of her thinking he's innocent.

Did you watch the CNN special? It's quite obvious that she has moved on from thinking DR had anything to do with it.

I wish he would share his info. Otherwise, he is helping a master criminal escape.

He's shared everything he knows with LE. I'm sure that they have told him to keep information from the public since it is still an open very cold case

RBBM
What makes you think it is LE who has told him not to speak? IMO, he is withholding info on his own which LE has tried to get him to say. Joy said on her blog (in the section about DR) that DR had things he wasn't ready or willing to share yet.

He has fully cooperated with LE since day one. He's not hiding information from LE c'mon now.

Did you watch the CNN special? It's quite obvious that she has moved on from thinking DR had anything to do with it.

Yes I watched the "Joy Baker" director special. Again she keeps an open mind and just wants the truth about what happened to Jacob....that doesn't mean DR isn't at the top of her suspect list just like many of us here.

He has fully cooperated with LE since day one. He's not hiding information from LE c'mon now.

He has said he has info he is not sharng. It is on here. In addition,he has info in his journals that LE has.

Did I read that pages are missing from those journals?

He couod share with the public. If he has info,it could help exonerate him. I wonder why he does not release it?

He has said he has info he is not sharng. It is on here. In addition,he has info in his journals that LE has.

He couod share with the public. If he has info,it could help exonerate him. I wonder why he does not release it?

LET isn't going to want him to release information to the public human. C'mon now

LET isn't going to want him to release information to the public human. C'mon now

Yes I watched the "Joy Baker" director special. Again she keeps an open mind and just wants the truth about what happened to Jacob....that doesn't mean DR isn't at the top of her suspect list just like many of us here.

If Patty wasn't on board with this "special" I'm sure she would not have participated Wisdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills