Dan Rassier: Former POI **Wrongly accused**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he gets cleared with exuberance, Sanner owes him that much.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

DR can sue under Section 1983

Damages, or monetary compensation, as restitution for the violation of your civil rights and any physical or emotional injuries.

DR certain has emotional injuries.

Meh- DR hasn't been cleared. Discussing recompense is premature.

In 1992 the Fairfield Calif PD was investigating the abduction of 4 year old Amanda Campbell. The investigation focused on Timothy Bindner, an Oakland sewer worker who had a history of "inappropriate" contact with young girls. His name had come up in the investigation of other missing girls due to his calling attention to himself during planned searches for those missing girls. There was a known link between Bindner and Amanda's neighborhood. There was no physical evidence or any witnesses linking Bindner to any of the girls and he had been interrogated by many Law Enforcement agencies including the FBI and he held up very well.

The lead detective decided with so much smoke there had to be fire and decided to do a full court press on Bindner. He got a warrant to search Bindner's home and notified the local news media. The search was broadcast on the evening news and everyone in the Bay Area knew Bindner's name and face and most assumed he was a child killer.
The search turned up nothing and the case went cold. Bindner continued to talk with Law Enforcement and denied everything.

Eventually Bindner filed a law suite against the City of Fairfield and was awarded close to $1,000,000. The basis of the suite was Defamation of Character due to the publicity that was generated during the search.

Later, a convicted serial killer confessed to the murder Amber Garcia-Swartz. It was during the search for Amber that Bindner aroused suspicion by attempting to get close to the investigation. He was never the "prime suspect" but he was looked at seriously when two other girls disappeared under similar circumstances. It was this "connection" to three missing girls that led Fairfield PD to Bindner.

The case of Amanda's disappearance has not been solved and Bindner has not officially been cleared. Last I heard he had retired from the Oakland Sewer Dept and was still living in the house he bought with his settlement money.

I mention this case because the tactics that the Fairfield PD used on Bindner were pretty much the same as those used against DR and if Bindner had a legal claim, I would think DR would as well. I if he has not already sought counsel, he should seriously consider it.

If Bindner had inappropriate contact with young girls, was he ever convicted of that? If not, why not? But it is not relevant to this so I guess it is O/T

If Bindner had inappropriate contact with young girls, was he ever convicted of that? If not, why not? But it is not relevant to this so I guess it is O/T

Bindner had a history of sending letters with small amounts of money to a number of young girls. He got their names and addresses through his employer. There is no evidence he ever tried to meet these girls. He had also initiated a pen pal/ letter exchange with at least one young girl that expressed adoration for her that was way off the charts inappropriate but there was no sexual content.

These contacts with young girls cost him a job and raised the level of suspicion but there was no violation of any law so he couldn't be prosecuted. He certainly had a creepy interest in young girls.

My point was that Bindner seemed a lot "guiltier" than DR yet a jury found for him against the police. DR really needs to find a good lawyer.

If you listen to the media yes, if you listen to LE no. LE told the media and the public that both the footprints and tire tracks are inconclusive as a match to Heinrich. So it'd be interesting to know more at this point, how many more footprints were recovered? What size shoe?

Thank you for asking this question and keeping on asking it. Yes, what size shoe?! The tread was a match... but those shoes bother me and I can't put my finger on it. Why didn't LE mention the shoe size?? Wish they would make that known. Sasquatch, I am curious to know what your thoughts are on there being more than one perp in this case. I think it's unlikely that a sexual abductor would act alone for a long time and then be in "cahoots" with someone, but I keep coming back to that idea somehow. Could he have been bribed, blackmailed, or something along those lines to be an accomplice? Could he have handed Jacob off to someone else, or could it have been his car was used by someone... of course the similarities to Jared and the other Paynesville attacks are so similar... still I wonder about an accomplice. DAH? DR? Feeney?

Just random thouhts...

It didn't impact his livelihood or freedom.

What economic injury was done to him? What are the real economic damages that could be proven? Should we also give large settlements to DAH and Hollinger?

you do not know if he was passed up for promotions or raises or if the music program suffered due to the allegations. DAH nor Hollinger were ever named official persons of interest by law enforcement. I don't think DR is completely innocent myself but I don't think he did the actual kidnapping.

you do not know if he was passed up for promotions or raises or if the music program suffered due to the allegations. DAH nor Hollinger were ever named official persons of interest by law enforcement. I don't think DR is completely innocent myself but I don't think he did the actual kidnapping.

Raises are negotiated for all teachers , not just one so he would not have missed out.

Not sure what kind of promotion he could get. He would have to have a special license to be a principal. Teachers do not get promotions without educational licenses for an area, such as to be a director.

There better be action on Heinrich soon. Otherwise, he will sue for economic damages. He deserves a lot more than DR.

There better be action on Heinrich soon. Otherwise, he will sue for economic damages. He deserves a lot more than DR.

Heinrich can sue all he wants for "economic damages" but the judge would say something like hmm....looks like we have a confirmed DNA match for assaulting Jared but you escaped the charges due to the statute of limitations running out....also more DNA of his that can't be ruled out on one of the Paynesville victims....plus the child *advertiser censored* charges....the judge / jury would be laughing as the gavel hits.

Ha! No way they actually have evidence putting him at the scene! Dont worry DR will get compensation

Was Heinrich working? Now he gets a free place to stay and meals, right?

Heinrich can sue all he wants for "economic damages" but the judge would say something like hmm....looks like we have a confirmed DNA match for assaulting Jared but you escaped the charges due to the statute of limitations running out....also more DNA of his that can't be ruled out on one of the Paynesville victims....plus the child *advertiser censored* charges....the judge / jury would be laughing as the gavel hits.
Well, if charges aren't filed, he deserves the same compensation as DR. He already has more economic damages than DR.

DJH could then take that "compensation", and put it into an account for abused/assaulted children.

Well, if charges aren't filed, he deserves the same compensation as DR. He already has more economic damages than DR.

I get what you are saying but he does have child *advertiser censored* charges and a confirmed assault or two. DR has none of those. Heinrich deserves something alright but it's not compensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donald Redfield