Darlie Kee

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I read the statements about the blood on Darins jeans in the paper work that Darlie sent to me when we first began writing. That is one of the things that they are asking the Gov to have tested.
Does anyone find it curious that from studies done so far all of the women killers had some form of sexual or physical abuse in thier childhood but darlie did not.
What do you think is causing so many people to be behind her if it is so cut and dry that she is guilty?
Oh, Im sure that the state of texas is not confused. But so many people get proven innocent years after spending time on death row. Im sure the state was totally sure they had it right in those cases too.
The things about Darin setting up the robbery I read from a Ken Hollingsworth, writing for a TX paper. He thinks Darin did it because Darlie admitted to asking for a seperation that same day. hmmm

Kelly Sons said:
I read the statements about the blood on Darins jeans in the paper work that Darlie sent to me when we first began writing. That is one of the things that they are asking the Gov to have tested.
Does anyone find it curious that from studies done so far all of the women killers had some form of sexual or physical abuse in thier childhood but darlie did not.
What do you think is causing so many people to be behind her if it is so cut and dry that she is guilty?
Oh, Im sure that the state of texas is not confused. But so many people get proven innocent years after spending time on death row. Im sure the state was totally sure they had it right in those cases too.
The things about Darin setting up the robbery I read from a Ken Hollingsworth, writing for a TX paper. He thinks Darin did it because Darlie admitted to asking for a seperation that same day. hmmm

I've got a post into the other forum on this case that I post at because those women have a much better memory than I do about this case. However, I seem to recall someone posting that Darlie HAD been abused.
I'm not sure what you mean by "so many people" being behind her. How many are there? I know that half of the people outspoken about her are simply against the death penalty. Had she received life without, they wouldn't care less. I don't think that its far to compare death row prisoners or their cases. No matter what, these people have family who care about them and yes, even lawyers who put in their blood, sweat and tears into these cases. How can you possibly compare an innocent person on death row who was INNOCENT with the likes of guilty murderers? Don't you think that each case should stand alone?

If Darin had done the murders, why didn't Darlie just say so? SHE SAID SHE FOUGHT WITH THE GUY. She said she knew who did it. Why is there no evidence that Darin did it?

By so many people, that is exactly what I mean. There are hundreds, maybe thousands of people that write to the governor on her behalf monthly and show up at the capital buildings for rallies to demad her hearings etc.

It's amazing really.

From what I read by Ken hollingsworth, he seems to think that because there was a amt of pot in the house that Darin had drug connections and Darlie had asked for a divorce that day and threatened to call the authorities on him. He thinks that Darlie is covering for him for some reason.

Kelly Sons said:
By so many people, that is exactly what I mean. There are hundreds, maybe thousands of people that write to the governor on her behalf monthly and show up at the capital buildings for rallies to demad her hearings etc.

It's amazing really.

From what I read by Ken hollingsworth, he seems to think that because there was a amt of pot in the house that Darin had drug connections and Darlie had asked for a divorce that day and threatened to call the authorities on him. He thinks that Darlie is covering for him for some reason.

From what I read, they both engaged in drugs taking occasionally, but there was no "problem," in that no one was addicted, etc.

Where did you hear that Darlie threatened to call police on Darin? I've been around this case since day one and never heard that.

If Darlie is covering for Darin, then she's screwed. She's the one on death row.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think it's because as DP said they are opposed to the death penalty. Most likely they have been taken in by Darlie's "good girl who wouldn't lie" facade when she's really a pathological liar. I can guarantee you that none of them have immersed themselves in the trial transcripts or any other pertinent documents from her trial and the case--as we have. And I betcha not one of them has contacted the other side. MOO. For instance, I'd ask these people if they really believe that Damon walked and talked with six stab wounds in his little body---into his lungs and liver?

I oppose the dp too but I would never ever rally for Darlie Routier. She's so guilty.

I've heard that quite a few people who originally thought she was innocent have changed their minds after reading the transcripts, the books available, but mostly after seeing Media Tried Justice Denied!!! Ah, those pictures!! Priceless for the prosecution's arguments!!!!

I heard that Darlie was going to call the police on Darin from the same interview with her stepfather done by Skip Hollandsworth called "Maybe Darlie didnt do it..."

Im not so sure that NO ONE that rallys for her has ever read the transcripts. Thats to broad of a statement. And isnt there also a few of the people who originally thought her guilty that now think she's not?

Kelly Sons said:
Im not so sure that NO ONE that rallys for her has ever read the transcripts. Thats to broad of a statement. And isnt there also a few of the people who originally thought her guilty that now think she's not?

I think that most of supporters that I've heard from have read the transcripts. I have no idea if anyone changed their minds from guilty to innocent. I've never heard of anyone from the forums making that change. Of course, stranger things have most likely happened.

Jeana (DP) said:
Hi Cherub! (I love your name)!

I think some "brainiac" told them that it would help her. Every comment I've heard about the book was that it either changed their mind from "innocent" to "guilty" or sealed the fact that they KNEW she was guilty. If any one person has gone from "guilty" to "innocent," they're not saying so out loud!

Its from beginning to end with her and the boys. Neighbors said that they were used to seeing dad outside with the boys, but never Darlie!!! She was the PRIMARY caregiver for Christ sake!! She was at home all day every day with the boys. These are boys under the age of 7 who were allowed to play outside ALONE!!! Sure, it was a pretty decent neighborhood, but now a days (is that one word?), kids are being plucked out of their own backyards. Who let's their young children out alone in the neighborhood? These kids were allowed to play in the hot tub alone. This was a separate structure from the house and there wasn't even a way to supervise while standing at the back window. Anything could have happened in there.

Darlie murders them in their sleep. At least one of them (possibly both) saw her doing it. Then, as if all this wasn't enough, she allows them to dig their coffin up and have their hands chopped off in order to try and save her sorry neck! If Darin wasn't involved, he should have put his foot down and said ABSOLUTELY NOT!

WTF??? Really??? I've only read one book on this case, so I'm sort of new. But I hadn't heard this. WHY?:(

Because some genius on her "crack legal team" told her that since she's guilty, she could prove it by eliminating the boys as the source of the "fingerprint." So she should allow them to dig them up and chop off their little hands in a b.s. effort to try rehydrate the digits in an effort to obtain their fingerprints. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Nice hey? :confused: :confused:

Jeana (DP) said:
Because some genius on her "crack legal team" told her that since she's guilty, she could prove it by eliminating the boys as the source of the "fingerprint." So she should allow them to dig them up and chop off their little hands in a b.s. effort to try rehydrate the digits in an effort to obtain their fingerprints. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Nice hey? :confused: :confused:
Gosh that is sick. There are so many things in this case that are puzzling. There are times where I read the info on her website and think "well, that is a possibility". But then there are times like this when I imagine, as a mother, allowing someone to dig up my child and cut off their hands that I say NO WAY! I think the majority of the problem is I can't imagine a mother stabbing her children to death for any reason. No matter how many times I think about the other's who've done it...I just can't reason it. I can't grasp how they can do such a horrific thing. Andrea Yates clearly had psychological problems and her family was aware of it. Darlie's family claims there are no mental health issues aside from some postpartum after Drake's birth. So, why did she do it? What made her flip? AND, most importantly to me, what did she think she'd gain from it? Freedom? That didn't work well for her. Plus she still had Drake to care for, a home, a failing business, and a husband. As sick as it sounds, killing all the children makes more sense. Was it a homicide/suicide? And she couldn't go through with it. What's ur take on why?

Jeana (DP) said:
I think that most of supporters that I've heard from have read the transcripts. I have no idea if anyone changed their minds from guilty to innocent. I've never heard of anyone from the forums making that change. Of course, stranger things have most likely happened.
Hey Jeana, some days I can spell, some days I can type, but it's hard to get them both right at the same time. :D

I'm really rusty on this case, but I seem to remember seeing one of the jurors, a man, Mr. Charlie or Mr. Sam :confused:, who said if he'd seen all the pictures of Darlie's bruises, he'd have voted NOT guilty.

Yes, the jury had access to all of the photos. But he said they spent a large part of their deliberations on watching the "silly string" video- something like 8 times. I believe his story because the first time I saw this on the news, I remember Greg Davis saying that when he saw Darlie in that video, he knew she was guilty! The video is bad, appalling even, when taken out of context. Had the jury seen the entire day at the cemetery on video, maybe it wouldn't have been so damning.

Personally, I have gone from 'guilty' to 'has reasonable doubt' and would like to see Darlie get a new trial. Accordn2me:razz:, Mulder could win the prize for Worst Defense in History for his performance, or lack of, in this case. He is a :loser: disgrace to the profession. A novice could have done a better job. Too bad Darlie didn't stick with public defenders.

On the subject of pictures: I haven't seen many - just the ones from her site. Of those, why all the alterations (e.g. the sink with baby bottle standing, then a different picture of sink with cleaners right next to the sink)? That's misleading if you ask me.

Also, has anyone said anything about the picture of the garage door - door from house to garage - with what looks like fresh wood from the lock being forced open? And those prints and the blood on the door, were they ever identified?

Thanks to everyone for catching me up.:clap:

I am thinking as you are. I do think she deserves a new trial. There were too many jurors focusing on the silly string. Yes, I understand that her boys did not have a chance to appeal for their lives, but I think Darlie deserves one. We have no way of knowing exactly what happened that night. Putting someone to death is very serious and in this case there is reasonable doubt. How many people are wrongly convicted and how many of those are sitting on death row? It happens.

accordn2me said:
I'm really rusty on this case, but I seem to remember seeing one of the jurors, a man, Mr. Charlie or Mr. Sam :confused:, who said if he'd seen all the pictures of Darlie's bruises, he'd have voted NOT guilty.

Yes, the jury had access to all of the photos. But he said they spent a large part of their deliberations on watching the "silly string" video- something like 8 times. I believe his story because the first time I saw this on the news, I remember Greg Davis saying that when he saw Darlie in that video, he knew she was guilty! The video is bad, appalling even, when taken out of context. Had the jury seen the entire day at the cemetery on video, maybe it wouldn't have been so damning.

Personally, I have gone from 'guilty' to 'has reasonable doubt' and would like to see Darlie get a new trial. Accordn2me:razz:, Mulder could win the prize for Worst Defense in History for his performance, or lack of, in this case. He is a :loser: disgrace to the profession. A novice could have done a better job. Too bad Darlie didn't stick with public defenders.

The photographs were admitted into evidence and they were available for the jury to view in the jury room. If this juror you speak of didn't take the time to review the evidence, then there's not much we can do about it now. I mean COME ON!!!! For crying out loud, the photos were THERE plain as day!

As for Darlie's defense attorney - all I can tell you is that Mulder is an excellent defense attorney. His client and her husband took the witness stand and lied through their teeth. He's a lawyer, NOT Houdini. He had to work with what they gave him, which frankly, was ZIP - less than ZIP. I say we give the guy a break and put the blame where it belongs - on a GUILTY client and a husband who doesn't have the sense to get out of his own way.

Dani_T said:
SNIP
Because killing a child under 6 is a capital case in itself. If they tried her for Damon's murder and she was acquitted then they could try her again for Devon's murder and use evidence they kept back from the first trial. It doesn't mean they don't think she is guilty of both murders.

Possible but I can't help thinking it is unlikely. I think it is more likely that either Darin knows outright she did it and is covering for her for some reason or Darin subconciously knows she did it. I don't think he knew she was doing it during the commission of the crime or prior to it.
So what kind of evidence do you think they would hold back and not present in the first trial?

That night I think he was so shocked by what happened that he believed her initially. Darrin was someone who was very close to Darlie. Something he saw or heard Darlie do/say that night or since then has clued him in ... I think Darrin feels she did it, but is either still besotted by her or cares for her so much that he feels he must support her to the bitter end.

Kelly Sons said:
That's a blanket statement that all women killers had some form of sexual or physical abuse in their childhood. History is full of women who murdered for gain, for revenge or for some other cockamamie reason known only to them, who had not had any abuse or violence in their lives.

This is the first I've heard about Darlie admitting to asking for a separation that day. From the statements Darlie made in writing and signed, everything was fine. She did say they had had "words" but made up.

mollymalone said:
That's a blanket statement that all women killers had some form of sexual or physical abuse in their childhood. History is full of women who murdered for gain, for revenge or for some other cockamamie reason known only to them, who had not had any abuse or violence in their lives.

This is the first I've heard about Darlie admitting to asking for a separation that day. From the statements Darlie made in writing and signed, everything was fine. She did say they had had "words" but made up.

Darlie also claims abuse by her step-father. As for Darlie's "statements" about that day - she lied. Plain and simple. Her mother told me that she asked for a separation and its also in Darin's affidavit filed post-conviction.

My niece worked at a daycare center in the Garland-Rowlett area about the time of the murders. Occasionally Darlie would leave her boys on a drop-in basis. My niece said Darlie was a drama queen, and that the boys cowered around her. She said that one time Darlie lost an earring in the center, and had everyone crawling around to find it (a piece of costume jewelry). My niece went on to say that she loved being the center of attention, and that it was most obvious.

My niece has no reason to lie. She was not surprised when the jury found Darlie guilty.

brynn said:
My niece worked at a daycare center in the Garland-Rowlett area about the time of the murders. Occasionally Darlie would leave her boys on a drop-in basis. My niece said Darlie was a drama queen, and that the boys cowered around her. She said that one time Darlie lost an earring in the center, and had everyone crawling around to find it (a piece of costume jewelry). My niece went on to say that she loved being the center of attention, and that it was most obvious.

My niece has no reason to lie. She was not surprised when the jury found Darlie guilty.
Thanks for posting this, brynn. It is always nice to hear from people who actually had or knew someone who had interactions with Darlie and her family. I wish someone who knows Darin or Dana Stahl would post some insights.

Jeana (DP) said:
Darlie also claims abuse by her step-father. As for Darlie's "statements" about that day - she lied. Plain and simple. Her mother told me that she asked for a separation and its also in Darin's affidavit filed post-conviction.
I figured she lied about not arguing because she said they'd had words. To me and many others, that means they had a verbal fight. I think she lied when she glossed over what it was about.

I hadn't realized that Darin had stated that. I'm still catching up!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back