Darlie on Court TV - The Wrong Man

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Darin and Darlie Routier were happily married with three young children, living in an upscale suburb of Dallas, Texas. But one night in 1996, Darlie and her two sons were stabbed in their own home. Darlie says that she fought off the intruder, who escaped from the house after brutally attacking her and killing her two children. She had bruises and stab wounds on her forearms and neck. But police soon became suspicious of the mother. Bloodstains invisible to the eye were found in and around the sink indicating a clean-up of the crime scene. Then Darlie’s fingerprints are found on the murder weapon. She convicted of murder and sits on death row for a crime she says she did not commit. Now, new evidence suggests that not only may Darlie be innocent, but her husband, Darin, might be the one responsible for the murders."

WTF? Sounds like it was directed by Mama Darlie.

I do NOT like this show at all. What is dishonest about it is the man who is suppose to be doing a so-called investigation to see if the cops got "the wrong man" is a hired gun for defense attorneys. You should check out his website.
"The wrong man" is a half truths spun into a defense story.
I've seen several Investigators-"The wrong Man" shows, and every single show I watched the guy always comes to the conclusion the person was wrongfully convicted.:rolleyes:

it was misleading if people haven't done their own research on the case.

I wholeheartedly agree with you and most here. I found the investigators to be pro-defense too. I did not learn very much new information on this case and quite frankly did not like the program. I was happy they did interview Darlie though and realized once again she does not shed tears over the death of her children.

I still believe she is the prime suspect and Darin is covering for her.

I was very letdown to say the least. I am hoping when we watch other shows of "The Wrong Man" they will be more enlightening.

Happy Easter all

Gozgals

Hi
They said in the show Darins hair was on the knife?Do you know what else they said on this?

suzanne

i think both darlie and darin are covering up what really happened in terms of who actually killed the boys, but both were involved to a greater or lesser degree. there was no intruder. and if a man/men had come to stage a break-in and move all the furniture out of the home, place it in a U-Haul until darin could collect the insurance $ and get out of his debt, they would NOT have killed the little boys FIRST and then gone after the mother, who claims that she only woke up after both boys had already been stabbed. no, i think they would have quickly left and then make darin explain everything to darlie.

now, all of that said, it is my belief that due to the numerous errors in the original transcript of the trial, she should not be on death row, but rather LWOP.

also to the poster who asked about why she was only charged with the murder of one of the children. it is common in texas to "split" the charges, so if she was found innocent in the death of one child, let's say, they could still bring her up on charges for the other child and have another trial. they did the same thing with andrea yates.

Hi
They said in the show Darins hair was on the knife?Do you know what else they said on this?

suzanne

since the knife/murder weapon was taken from a set of knives setting on the counter of their VERY OWN kitchen!!!....i would expect that there would be plenty of darin's DNA all over the knifes, including his hair.

What did everyone think of the show? Just curious of everyone's opinions.

I think this show's purpose is just another example of trying to free Darlie based on conflicting police/LE work, rather than the evidence of the actual crime.

Fact is, Darlie IS past her 10 year mark on death row. People, including Court Tv, know that her death warrant is soon. Why not get the buzz started now. It will be a media circus once again.

In my opinion, I think it is a disrespect to the boys. There is no new evidence about the brutal murder!

The whole show just made me very angry.... :mad:

God bless those boys...

Initially, it looked like this program was going to be unbiased, when they brought up the points about the bruises on her arms and why didn't the intruder punch her in the face. I always wondered why an attacker would waste time causing bruising on her arms when she could have been more efficiently disabled, even if the intent was not to kill her. I wasn't shocked when the "investigators" took the turn to pro-defense though because the whole point of the show is to show the "wrong man" has been convicted. I don't think they really care about clearing up the question if someone was rightly or wrongly convicted-they just want to show the "wrong man" was convicted. If any of these shows in this series don't come out pro-defense, I will be shocked. I want to know what was on the rest of the interview she had done. For a 40 minute interview, they only show 10 minutes? I can't imagine they went to all the trouble of getting permission for the 40 minutes of allowed interview time and only did 10? I felt like these guys started out on the right track but did a quick turn around to make sure the show came out pro-defense.
The best thing about this was her comment about Darin. Maybe now he will realize his butt is firmly under the bus and he had better start turning the tables.

The best thing about this was her comment about Darin. Maybe now he will realize his butt is firmly under the bus and he had better start turning the tables.

Agreed. The only new thing I heard was Darlie's comment about not going back to Darin if she were set free.

What makes that particularly interesting is (correct me if I'm wrong on this) that they are still married. Has Darin "faithfully" stood by his woman (at least in public) because he believes in her innocence or because he knows that Darlie could at the very least implicate him in a cover up?

By saying that she wouldn't go back to Darin, are Darlie and company setting the stage for a last ditch attempt to save her?

Jim

Maybe the reason he hasn't filed for divorce is because isn't there a law stating that a husband/wife can't testify against their wife/husband?

Maybe the reason he hasn't filed for divorce is because isn't there a law stating that a husband/wife can't testify against their wife/husband?
A husband or wife CAN testify against each other voluntarily. They can't be MADE to if they don't want to testify. At least that's how I thought if worked.

Hi

suzanne

Well, the knife was on the floor of their home for some time. How difficult would it be for a bloody knife to pick up a stray hair of someone who lived there? Let's be realistic. If Darin murdered the boys, there would be something besides a single hair on a bloody knife.

My comment and what made my laugh hysterically during the show was Darlie's "little girl voice." I mean it came and it went and it came and it went depending on what she was asked. When they started accusing her of doing the deeds, she certainly grew up fast enough to get her grown up voice in a big hurry, didn't she? I'd like to hear from some of her neighbors. I mean did she talk like that all the time?????? COME ON!!!!!! Wouldn't you want to smack her?

Agreed. The only new thing I heard was Darlie's comment about not going back to Darin if she were set free.

What makes that particularly interesting is (correct me if I'm wrong on this) that they are still married. Has Darin "faithfully" stood by his woman (at least in public) because he believes in her innocence or because he knows that Darlie could at the very least implicate him in a cover up?

By saying that she wouldn't go back to Darin, are Darlie and company setting the stage for a last ditch attempt to save her?

Jim

I think that he "faithfully" stood by his woman because, as he said, he doesn't want to change places with her and she's the only one who can accomplish that. He's hiding something and she knows what it is. Only she can put him in prison and only he can guaranty her a trip to the gurney. If she's granted a second trial and he testifies against her, he may end up in prison as an accompliss, but she's gonna die.

Hi
I am reading this case and am I right to assume they convicted Darlie on her own words she touched the knife.There were no prints on the knife?Darlies prints were not on the knife?I really do not see where there is a case here against her.I'm sorry.
suzanne

Hi
I am reading this case and am I right to assume they convicted Darlie on her own words she touched the knife.There were no prints on the knife?Darlies prints were not on the knife?I really do not see where there is a case here against her.I'm sorry.
suzanne

Read the transcripts and you'll see why she was convicted.

I think that he "faithfully" stood by his woman because, as he said, he doesn't want to change places with her and she's the only one who can accomplish that. He's hiding something and she knows what it is. Only she can put him in prison and only he can guaranty her a trip to the gurney. If she's granted a second trial and he testifies against her, he may end up in prison as an accompliss, but she's gonna die.

The only thing I can't quite understand about all of this is, if Darlie "has" something on Darin (and I agree with you -- I think she does), what does she gain by keeping her mouth shut? She doesn't strike me as the kind of person who is dripping with altruism and kindness.

The only motivation for her silence I can think of would be so that Drake still has a daddy. But that strikes me as kind of lame, given the fact that she's convicted of killing her other two children.

Any thoughts?

The only thing I can't quite understand about all of this is, if Darlie "has" something on Darin (and I agree with you -- I think she does), what does she gain by keeping her mouth shut? She doesn't strike me as the kind of person who is dripping with altruism and kindness.

The only motivation for her silence I can think of would be so that Drake still has a daddy. But that strikes me as kind of lame, given the fact that she's convicted of killing her other two children.

Any thoughts?

Well, she can't implicate Darin without saying exactly what her part in all this was. That would pretty much do her in. I don't think she cares at all about Drake having a father. I just think that in order to come clean about Darin, she'd have to tell the whole truth and that would certainly get her executed and quick. She's trying to throw him under the bus, but since its pretty obvious that she's unwilling to come 100% about what she knows, that won't happen.

Well, she can't implicate Darin without saying exactly what her part in all this was.

Yeah, I guess that does pose a bit of a problem for her, doesn't it? Since she's the innocent victim in all this, it wouldn't do to have to admit her own guilt. My sleuthing brain was asleep on that one. :doh:

I want to know why they didn't bring up the blood spots on her gown. They started out like they were really going to consider everything but didn't continue in that vein. They spoke of how the 911 tape showed how upset she was, but they didn't discuss the part where she suddenly went from hysterical to calm ("Someone just came in here and did this,Darin" or something to that effect) Seems her voice changes are not a new trait.
What I hate about these shows are they don't tell the whole story yet they purport to. They made such a big deal of looking at the transcripts, but it sure didn't look like they read the whole thing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back