Darlie Routier asks for DNA testing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am with michelle on this one, I've always thought her to be wrongfully convicted. I think part of me though wants to believe that because I can't imagine somebody killing their own babies. I know we've seen it happen more and more frequently, but still, I'm one of those that doubt her guilt. I hope this DNA testing settles it once and for all.
Me too, I cant wait to hear the results.

I was confused about the palm print. I thought it was THE fingerprint on the table they were trying to get tested. Wonder why they didn't allow it to be tested. Any theories? DP-you are always good at this-do you have any theories as to why they didn't allow testing of the print?

I'm NOT singling ANYONE out BUT...for those of you who say you can't see a parent (especially a mom) doing something SO vicious...yeah, well it happens EVRY single day. Moms KILL...more often than we'd like to believe. WS is proof of that.
It happens.
As a parent, NO, I can't concieve of another parent doing this, but the truth is it happens everyday, regardless of what I think/hope/wish for.
There is SO much over-whleming evidence against Darlie...Yep it haunts me at night to envision a mom doing this...but, it happens...far too often than we'd like.
Men are no longer the only boogey-men out there.

I never really thought that men were the boogy men when it came to killing kids. Its just the brutality of devon and damons murder is probably one of the most brutal I have read a parent commiting. I know statistics have said when a parent murders its usually this way or that way and this is so over the Top its hard to fathom. JMO I will be glad to find the results and it can be put to rest.

I think she did it...hook, line, and sinker.
I think she planned it, she did it and Darren helped cover it up. That's JMO.

I think she is guilty but I am glad they are doing the testing to put this to rest.

I must say this is one case that I'm undecided on. I think because I couldn't imagine doing that to my ds.

same, I just cant get my head around any mother doing that, so it will be interesting to see what comes of all this.

I hope it finally brings out the truth.....
& justice will be served.

I think Darlie is guilty and may have even planned the killings and Darin helped with the cover-up. I'm happy they are doing DNA tests so justice can finally be served.

Gozgals

Its a good thing!!!! If she's innocent, she deserves it and if she's guilty, this will finally put an end to all that b.s.

ITA with Jeana on this. The DNA testing should be the last irrefutable physical evidence in the case.
Jeana, I know how passionately you believe that Darlie and Darlie alone is guilty. It takes a very fair- minded person to post what you have about this new development in Darlie's case, a factual statement of what the DNA will or will not do.
When I received the email notification from the Routier family website ( I don't know exactly HOW I got signed up for those), you were the first person I thought about and I wondered what your reaction would be.

You have shown immense grace in your post. Stating the facts of what the DNA testing may or may not prove dispassionately is such an admirable quality. This is an emotional case for most of us. Because I believe Patsy Ramsey killed JonBenet in some sort of rage situation, I definitely believe that mothers who are not insane can and do kill their children. In nice neighborhoods. In the middle of the night.

Jeana, I have a question for you. What if at least some of the tests come back positive for Darrin Routier? Will the courts consider this significant evidence only if it comes from a source foreign to the household?

I know my indecision about which parent killed the boys and inflicted Darlie's wounds is not a popular one here, but I have what I guess could be called " reasonable doubt" that all that happened to three members of his family and how he could possibly not be deeply involved. I have read the court transcripts and all of the documentation, but just like the doubts most have in the Ramsey case, it has always been impossible for me not to wonder why zero in on her alone and not consider him as a viable suspect.
Thanks,
Maria

Maury Povich could do it in two days, but something tells me this will take a bit longer.

That is Hollywood, Maury that is. A recent CSI style show I saw showed the process and at least 2 weeks was quoted as the time frame needed for results. Who knows on this new style DNA testing. Even if a 3rd party DNA shows up an appeal would have to be granted for a new trial, and overturn in conviction etc. It made me laugh when I saw the suggestion about it could belong to the builder. More likely a first responder like ambulance or police.
The only thing it would prove is that EXTENSIVE investigation into her claims of innocence was not done. What was flaky substance found near garage Lubbock AJ doesn't say?

Hi all.
I think it's wonderful!
They having been testing a LOT of DNA in various cases in Dallas lately, and have recently set up a special department just to do so. It shows me that Dallas County cares more about fairness and justice than a prosecutional body count.

While I believe this is a fair and wonderful thing, it is in no way yet, any victory at all for Darlie. She has nothing to lose by having it tested. If it doesn't go her way as far as the testing, you can bet there will be screams of tampering, conspiracy, and all out incompetance. So what's not to lose?

At any rate I look forward to the results. And I'm proud of Dallas County for it's stand on DNA testing.

Hi Jeana,
I believe the "bloody fingerprint" is a new one. There is another new item too, but I'm not sure what it is.

Apparently there are other items that they wanted tested, that won't be, for whatever reason.

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up the last few years.

Opps, sorry about that. I was wrong. No fingerprints. Here is the list of items:

_Blood stains on her night shirt (Previously tested)

_A blood stain on a tube sock found in an alley. (Previously tested)

_Dried flakes on a utility room door. (Previously tested and results were that the flakes contained no human matter. Darlie insists they are blood.)

_Pubic and facial hairs. (Previously tested and found not to be from Darlie or Darin. She hopes to "match" the "real killer" to this unknown donor.)

So basically, it looks like a rehash using newer technology.

Dang, my computer at work won't let me watch it. I'll have to wait till I get home. From that one pic though, looks like she's put on weight. (Not that that has anything to do with her case. :))

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98
Back