Darlie Routier on Death Row

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case was profiled again on American Justice the other night. It
showed an additional birthday party scene that was much more subdued and somber before the silly string. It also showed pictures of Darlie with
extensive bruising that I hadn't heard about before. From the pics it
didn't really look self inflicted and it stated that the slash to her neck
came within a milimeter of killing her.
Any thoughts on this?
I thought the other evidence to be pretty damning but that kind of threw me.

There are tons of thoughts on both topics. Just read a bit!!!!

My opinions are (1) the earlier birthday party was more somber, however, if you've ever seen Darlie cry, you'd know that she hadn't been crying in the minutes before the silly string party. Her eyes were not red, swollen nor her skin blotchy. Regarding the bruises, I'm not sure how to respond to your question because I don't know what you've seen. They were always around and the jury saw them, so how you missed them is a question I cannot answer. I hope that you'll stick around and read some of the previous posts and hopefully get some of the answers you're looking for!! Take care.

There are tons of thoughts on both topics. Just read a bit!!!!

My opinions are (1) the earlier birthday party was more somber, however, if you've ever seen Darlie cry, you'd know that she hadn't been crying in the minutes before the silly string party. Her eyes were not red, swollen nor her skin blotchy. Regarding the bruises, I'm not sure how to respond to your question because I don't know what you've seen. They were always around and the jury saw them, so how you missed them is a question I cannot answer. I hope that you'll stick around and read some of the previous posts and hopefully get some of the answers you're looking for!! Take care.

Thanks Jeana, the pictures were of her in her hospital gown with brusies going up and down both arms, her neck and her cheek. Darren was interviewed and he said that they were never shown to the jury. He also commented on how the nurses always said how bad the bruises on her were but then said they never saw them on the stand.
I think she's exactly where she belongs. I was just pondering that maybe he gave her the bruises.

Thanks Jeana, the pictures were of her in her hospital gown with brusies going up and down both arms, her neck and her cheek. Darren was interviewed and he said that they were never shown to the jury. He also commented on how the nurses always said how bad the bruises on her were but then said they never saw them on the stand.
I think she's exactly where she belongs. I was just pondering that maybe he gave her the bruises.

I believe that he did give her the bruises. We had a poster here who claims she heard a man's voice on the 911 tape saying "give me the knife" several times. We think this could be Darin taking the knife from Darlie by force. He may have caused the bruises then. However, her own attorney says that these photos WERE introduced into open court and the jury DID see them. They may have been "rebruised" once she was out of the hospital to make them look worse and that's why the nurses were talking about the bruises in the hospital that they saw versus other photos taken after her release from the hospital, when in all actuality, Darlie and Darin had plenty of time to make them look worse.

I think Betty Beets also had a well/cistern in her yard that she threw one of them down. From what I read she was a battered woman several times over. I guess she was just sorting them out till she got a good one.... LOL[/quote]

I know this is not in ref to Darlie but a quick question if I may.... If she was a battered woman several times over, then why did they give her the DP?

Betty Beets killed her forth husband and fifth husband and "claimed" that she did not know of the 100K insurance policy. Sure, right.

I have a funny feeling that the most rent appeal re: DNA will be denied as it is a "rehash" of the same issues raised in her trial. There is no "new" evidence to test. Also her claim of the story that one of the boys spoke as per her appeal is fiction. Also there is only "speculation" of what may be found in DNA testing, which could have been tested at trial. Also she had 5 lawyers, all high priced, but it is the fault of the state that the testing was not done.

Also the facial and pubic hair can not be proven to be from the "intruder" all it will prove is at "sometime in the past, facial and pubic hair were in the area. They could have been from any man(facial and pubic) or women(pubic).

Darlie attempts to control others through her lies and manipulation. Again I have no doubt that Darlie is guilty and hopefully in my lifetime, I will read that she was finally put down.

Most if not all of D.P. inmates grasp at straws. Unless a person comes forward and confesses to the crime and gives "new" inculpatory evidence that was not released to the public and can only be known by the "intruder", I think Darlie and the Darlie cult is grasping at straws.

Apparently according to her brief, the intruder "may" have cut himself. But I would question if that was the case, why was there no "other" unknown blood at the scene. Oh yeah, I forgot, the instruder cut himself but healed instantly, on the spot, so that explains no other "unknown" blood at the scene.

Not a chance.............

Betty Beets killed her forth husband and fifth husband and "claimed" that she did not know of the 100K insurance policy. Sure, right.

I have a funny feeling that the most rent appeal re: DNA will be denied as it is a "rehash" of the same issues raised in her trial. There is no "new" evidence to test. Also her claim of the story that one of the boys spoke as per her appeal is fiction. Also there is only "speculation" of what may be found in DNA testing, which could have been tested at trial. Also she had 5 lawyers, all high priced, but it is the fault of the state that the testing was not done.

Also the facial and pubic hair can not be proven to be from the "intruder" all it will prove is at "sometime in the past, facial and pubic hair were in the area. They could have been from any man(facial and pubic) or women(pubic).

Darlie attempts to control others through her lies and manipulation. Again I have no doubt that Darlie is guilty and hopefully in my lifetime, I will read that she was finally put down.

Most if not all of D.P. inmates grasp at straws. Unless a person comes forward and confesses to the crime and gives "new" inculpatory evidence that was not released to the public and can only be known by the "intruder", I think Darlie and the Darlie cult is grasping at straws.

Apparently according to her brief, the intruder "may" have cut himself. But I would question if that was the case, why was there no "other" unknown blood at the scene. Oh yeah, I forgot, the instruder cut himself but healed instantly, on the spot, so that explains no other "unknown" blood at the scene.

Not a chance.............
Not every drop of blood was tested. What a stupid thing to say, let me try again.......There was a whole LOT of blood that wasn't tested!

I think Betty Beets also had a well/cistern in her yard that she threw one of them down. From what I read she was a battered woman several times over. I guess she was just sorting them out till she got a good one.... LOL

I know this is not in ref to Darlie but a quick question if I may.... If she was a battered woman several times over, then why did they give her the DP?[/quote]

Because despite how appealing it may sound, battered women are supposed to leave abusive husbands and not just get big life insurnace policies and kill them and then try again.... Although I do have to admit that her approach was very practical.... LOL

most rent appeal re: DNA will be denied as it is a "rehash" of the same issues raised in her trial. There is no "new" evidence to test. Also her claim of the story that one of the boys spoke as per her appeal is fiction. Also there is only "speculation" of what may be found in DNA testing, which could have been tested at trial. Also she had 5 lawyers, all high priced, but it is the fault of the state that the testing was not done.

See I thought she had already won this one and the tests have already been ordered???? In fact I thought that the results of those tests is what will cause the process to move forward once complete. Does anyone know the actual status of this case???

Name a crime sceen where every single drop of blood was tested.

I don't think accordn2me was saying that there was some sort of corruption and that is why it wasn't all tested... but rather that you cannot say there was no other blood in the house except for Darlie's and the boy's if it wasn't all tested. And there was a lot that wasn't. There is a really good possibility that the blood of an intruder was there.

I don't think accordn2me was saying that there was some sort of corruption and that is why it wasn't all tested... but rather that you cannot say there was no other blood in the house except for Darlie's and the boy's if it wasn't all tested. And there was a lot that wasn't. There is a really good possibility that the blood of an intruder was there.
Thank you armywife210! :blowkiss:

....blood....and maybe a fingerprint! I don't think they were all tested either.

Thank you armywife210! :blowkiss:

....blood....and maybe a fingerprint! I don't think they were all tested either.

:D you are very welcome!!! And you're right. While a lot of evidence was tested, there was a lot that wasn't even taken into evidence. I am sure there was more that wasn't even seen... but not even all that was found was taken as evidence.

:D you are very welcome!!! And you're right. While a lot of evidence was tested, there was a lot that wasn't even taken into evidence. I am sure there was more that wasn't even seen... but not even all that was found was taken as evidence.

If this is the case then there may be evidence that was not tested that could back up Darlies story 100%!

I'm no CSI, however, I have seen the photographs of the crime scene. It seems to me when there is THAT MUCH blood in a room, there has to be a reason to test a specific area, apart from the random sample testing.

But you seem to "forget" all of the evidence that points to her guilt.

There was no blood trial from when the intuder "cut" himself. There are no "bloodly" footprints anywhere at all through the garage or kitchen.

Justin Barber was "shot" if I remember 4 times, claimed it was the "unknown" person and his wife was shot dead. He was convicted.

Another recent case, a women was shot with her husband. He died, she lived. She is in prison for life. Her two accomplices are also in prison.

The Vaughan family. Wife and kids killed. Dad injured. Dad on trial.

So again, criminals will "harm themselves" to deflect the crime that they did away from themselves and portray themselves as a "victim".

Again in her appeal she "claims" that one of the boys "spoke" to her after he had been stabbed. This was "proven" in court that this could not happen.

I am very glad that her lawyers requested an oral presentation, because the DA can refute most facts on point.

Science, sound science and foresics trumps "hail marys" and fictional stories.

If this is the case then there may be evidence that was not tested that could back up Darlies story 100%!

Seriously people, do you think that Darlie's high-powered #1 Defense Lawyer in the State of Texas (at the time) would just sit there and let them frame Darlie for the crime. Do you honestly think that the crime scene was so disturbed that it was entirely impossible to "gather all the evidence" and test it? Considering the seriousness of this crime, I (IMHO) can not understand how people can still shout that Darlie was "framed" and is innocent. Are you not worried that a baby killer is running loose in the US?

At least once a month recently, I have woken up to news of a mother/father/boyfriend/girlfriend killing their kids. Apparently this has become the "norm". Can't handle the kids, mad at your spouse/significant other so go and kill the kids and spare their misery. Uhmmm. So what makes Ms. Darlie different than any of these other individuals. The fact that it happened long before it became a staple in our daily news? So therefore it can't be true? The fact that she was "too pretty" (give me a freaking break) to of committed this crime.

Face it, all of the evidence points at Darlie.

I doubt anyone else's blood will be found if they tested EVERY drop. Come on...Darlie claims she was attacked...well in that case there would be other evidence pointing to an intruder. Someone attacks you and you don't even get a strand of hair from struggling with them? You don't get any DNA from scratching him? For her to get her bruises from and intruder, surely she "fought back", and would have other evidence besides blood.

As far as I'm concerened they can't schedule her appointment with the needle soon enough.

cyberlaw, and all the other belittlers.... I have studied this case for a LOT of years... I am not "forgetting" about anything... I am not "new", and I am not uneducated. I am not easily persuaded to join one "camp" or another. I know that parents kill their kids, I understand that it happens.

I understand that a lot that was taken into evidence makes it appear that it was Darlie. I understand that a lot WASN'T.

Hey, I am not God, and I was nowhere near the house that night. I could be wrong in believing fullheartedly, after years of hard studying, that she is innocent.

That being said, she was not given a fair trial. The court transcripts do not allow for a fair appeal. Before we go and put the lady down like a rabid dog, perhaps we should make damn sure that we are being more than fair. Especially when atleast one juror has stated that they wished they had voted not guilty.

We have an appeals process in this wonderful country for a reason. When flat out and blatant errors are made on the transcripts that completely change "yes to no" type statements, it hardly will make for a fair appeals process.

Seriously people, do you think that Darlie's high-powered #1 Defense Lawyer in the State of Texas (at the time) would just sit there and let them frame Darlie for the crime. Do you honestly think that the crime scene was so disturbed that it was entirely impossible to "gather all the evidence" and test it? Considering the seriousness of this crime, I (IMHO) can not understand how people can still shout that Darlie was "framed" and is innocent. Are you not worried that a baby killer is running loose in the US?

At least once a month recently, I have woken up to news of a mother/father/boyfriend/girlfriend killing their kids. Apparently this has become the "norm". Can't handle the kids, mad at your spouse/significant other so go and kill the kids and spare their misery. Uhmmm. So what makes Ms. Darlie different than any of these other individuals. The fact that it happened long before it became a staple in our daily news? So therefore it can't be true? The fact that she was "too pretty" (give me a freaking break) to of committed this crime.

Face it, all of the evidence points at Darlie.
PULEEEEEEEZE! I don't care WHO Mulder was, or is, or how vigorously he had defended, or prosecuted cases in the past - HE DID VIRTUALLY ZERO TO HELP DARLIE ROUTIER. That said, I don't know what his problem was in this case as an attorney. Did he believe she was actually guilty? Then don't take their money. Did he owe the DA a favor? I don't know, but given what little I know about Darlie, her case, the law, and Mulder's performance as her hired attorney, I am completely appalled. I, or most any armchair murder case buff, could have done a better job than what Mulder did for Darlie, whether we believed her innocent or not! THAT's how bad HE was in this particular case.

Don't even get me started on his pathetic performance on this case! :furious:

And yes, I am "worried that a baby killer is running loose in the US." Likewise, I'm worried that an innocent person - Darlie Routier - is on death row in Texas. IMO, there is enough reasonable doubt in this case that whatever evidence was not tested should be tested. Furthermore, since a veteran investigator decided within minutes of being on the scene that there was no intruder, whatever evidence that WAS tested should be RE-tested. If she's guilty, there's nothing to lose, right?

cyberlaw, and all the other belittlers.... I have studied this case for a LOT of years... I am not "forgetting" about anything... I am not "new", and I am not uneducated. I am not easily persuaded to join one "camp" or another. I know that parents kill their kids, I understand that it happens.

I understand that a lot that was taken into evidence makes it appear that it was Darlie. I understand that a lot WASN'T.

Hey, I am not God, and I was nowhere near the house that night. I could be wrong in believing fullheartedly, after years of hard studying, that she is innocent.

That being said, she was not given a fair trial. The court transcripts do not allow for a fair appeal. Before we go and put the lady down like a rabid dog, perhaps we should make damn sure that we are being more than fair. Especially when atleast one juror has stated that they wished they had voted not guilty.

We have an appeals process in this wonderful country for a reason. When flat out and blatant errors are made on the transcripts that completely change "yes to no" type statements, it hardly will make for a fair appeals process.
A very sensible post. I also believe in her innocence, and as you stated maybe we are wrong but what if we are not? A womans life is hanging in the balance here. If what she says is proven beyond resonable doubt to be true then the justice system will have alot of explaining to do. Please remember that it is not the first time that someone has been convicted of a crime they didnt commit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back