Darlie Routier on Death Row

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mary456 said:
She was speaking aloud to God, she says, when he told her not to give up. So Sheppard called her attorney and said she wanted to file an appeal.

I think not. What He actually said was, "Erica baby, you'll be moseying up to my pearly gates soon. Guess which way the almighty thumb will be pointing."

She couldn't get to the phone fast enough after that Divine Encounter, ahahaha!
hahahahahahahahah! So you are a believer!!!! I knew it! The truth is out. LOL!

Goody said:
I know you do and that is why there was no point in arguing the other side of the issue. It would only fall on deaf ears. Not saying that is a bad thing, only that it is the situation. And since it is not an issue for me, I didn't have the motivation to proceed. Even if you didn't find it repulsive, I am not sure I would be motivated toward much discussion on whether Darlie is right or wrong to make baby blankets for children's hospitals. Not the most interesting part of the case for me. Sorry.
ok goody- one last question for you since you dont think this is a very interesting subject- i am looking at her mind set, which i think is very interesting after she has been convicted-
how would you feel if scott peterson was sitiing on death row making nursery items, or designing wedding bands for low income coupes to have?

or Dr. Mac? Is it that she's a woman, Goody, is that why you aren't as hard on her?

j2mirish said:
ok goody- one last question for you since you dont think this is a very interesting subject- i am looking at her mind set, which i think is very interesting after she has been convicted-
how would you feel if scott peterson was sitiing on death row making nursery items, or designing wedding bands for low income coupes to have?
very good point.

HeartofTexas said:
Goody, you are a very wise woman, and I really enjoy reading your posts. They're fair-minded and balanced and usually observe the world from both sides.
Thanks, Heart. I've been getting a lot of compliments lately. I wonder what is up? hahahahahahah. Maybe I should have been a judge, eh? LOL! I don't think so. It is much easier to be objective sitting behind this screen than it would be on a bench. I imagine I would end up sounding like a Bette Midler/Judge Judy mix. hahahahahahah.

j2mirish said:
hahahahahahahahahhahaha! I would probably roll my eyes, then say "whatever floats your boat." He is locked up, so what do I care how he spends his time.

beesy said:
or Dr. Mac? Is it that she's a woman, Goody, is that why you aren't as hard on her?
Probably so if the truth were known. Can't say for sure though. I did think Eileen Wuornos was so tragically pathetic that death would be a blessing for her.

beesy said:
One thing I might point out......I have done more digging around in Darlie's life than any other defendant in any case ever. That probably has most to do with my empathy for her. I am getting to know her, like it or not, and the more I learn the more difficult it is to be harsh. Not like Peterson who is just some jerk who killed his wife. I haven't invested any time in getting to know him. That, I would say, is probably the big difference between Darlie and other defendants for me.

j2mirish said:
Now the one that really bothered me was that creep in Illinois.....Richard Speck. That guy's subculture behind bars made me want to barf. That really ticked me off that he was able to act like that, keep his appearance like that (ssoooooo disgusting) while being punished.

Goody said:
Thanks, Heart. I've been getting a lot of compliments lately. I wonder what is up? hahahahahahah. Maybe I should have been a judge, eh? LOL! I don't think so. It is much easier to be objective sitting behind this screen than it would be on a bench. I imagine I would end up sounding like a Bette Midler/Judge Judy mix. hahahahahahah.
you sing as well?

I also believe that Darlie should get a new trial,the reason being everyone is intitled to a fair and just trial and Darlie did not receive a fair trial for the fact that the first court reporter screwed up the trial transcripts and some tapes were even missing. That is just my opinion I'm not saying she is not guilty of murdering her two precious son's but I do believe everyone is intitled to a fair trial and then if the jury comes back guilty once again all her supporters can no longer say she didn't get a fair trial.

Goody said:
Now the one that really bothered me was that creep in Illinois.....Richard Speck. That guy's subculture behind bars made me want to barf. That really ticked me off that he was able to act like that, keep his appearance like that (ssoooooo disgusting) while being punished.
:furious: He acted as a woman and thought himself quite cute! He giggled and flirted! UGH! :sick:
Check him out for youselves: http://www.mayhem.net/Crime/speck.html

Jeana
I'm not sure if the Richard Speck link is too graphic or not. I figure we're all adults here and he is a murderer, but it might be a little over the top. What do you think?

beesy said:
Jeana
I'm not sure if the Richard Speck link is too graphic or not. I figure we're all adults here and he is a murderer, but it might be a little over the top. What do you think?
O, I don't think Jeana will be turned on it. He really is disgusting, you know. hahahjahahahahaaha! It is just a link, Bees. I am sure she won't mind. We are all adults after all.

Goody said:
I get the spin on it, Bees. I just don't agree that she shouldn't be allowed to do it. However, I also get why some folks find it repulsive. I probably would, too, but I don't see Darlie as JUST a killer. She, like all of us, is made up of many things and the killing, as horrible as it was, was only one night of her life. Granted, the lying because of it goes on, but still she has a right to repent in any way she sees fit. If that is making baby blankets for children's hospitals, then let her make the blankets. At least it is a positive act. She may never admit that it is her way of repenting, but we know it is.

As a side note, don't you find it interesting that the ladies on death row get to hang out together sometimes?

Yeah it's like Sister Helen said, a person is not the total of the worst thing he/she has done in his life. I have no problem with Darlie stitching the blankets. Maybe it reminds her of what she has lost.

Mary456 said:
She was speaking aloud to God, she says, when he told her not to give up. So Sheppard called her attorney and said she wanted to file an appeal.

I think not. What He actually said was, "Erica baby, you'll be moseying up to my pearly gates soon. Guess which way the almighty thumb will be pointing."

She couldn't get to the phone fast enough after that Divine Encounter, ahahaha!

heheheheh Mary you are a hoot!

beesy said:
Well, its not that Goody. It's, and listen closely: A BABY KILLER is making BABY blankets! Blankets for babies! Of course it won't mark them. It's just how dare Darlie do something kind for any baby! That's not her right! I bet her defense loves that: how could this lady kill babies, look what she's doing now, FOR BABIES!
Baby Blankets, Baby Blankets, Baby Blankets, enough already. Would it make you happier if she were making "shanks"? :doh:

Spywhere said:
Baby Blankets, Baby Blankets, Baby Blankets, enough already. Would it make you happier if she were making "shanks"? :doh:
Well, considering that I posted that 25 posts ago and we have all since moved on, you seem to be the one bringing it up again, so I shall quote you "enough already" thank you

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back