Darlie Routier on Death Row

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Darlin, I think you watched a different program. The commercial I saw showed Darlie and played part of her interview. Could be wrong, but you may have seen an old one. :waitasec:

Jeana (DP) said:
There's a channel called "WE" (Women's Entertainment). I just saw a commercial for a television show featuring five women on death row and guess what? Little Darlie Routier is one of them. Of couse she'll all dolled up and playing victim. Its on Monday night at 8:00 eastern time--7:00 p.m. in Texas. There's a repeat at midnight. This is one we haven't seen before.
O, shucks, Jeana. You will have to watch it for us!!!!

Bobbisangel said:
Darlie's story was on too. She wasn't shown. Her attorney has requested of her not to do anymore media stuff. A woman who had attended the trial everyday was on. She was writing a book on the story. When Darlie was found guilty she believed that she was guilty. She had no doubt in her mind.
After the trial she was given pictures of all of the evidence for her book. As she looked at all of the pictures of evidence she began to have doubts. She said that a lot of the evidence...pictures weren't shown to the jury.Pictures that raised a question in her mind.
Wrong. The pictures were shown and Babs knows it. All you have to do is look at the trial exhibits to see that there were plenty of pics of her bruises.

Besides, Babs went on talk shows AFTER her book was published bad mouthing Darlie something fierce. (Check out Leeza Shows at justicefordarlie.net)

Bobbisangel said:
She also said that there was a thumb print that the police had found that didn't match the thumb print of anyone in the household. There was the sock with one of the boy's blood found down an ally but there was also a butcher knife stuck in the ground by the sock that the police saw but didn't take in for evidence. They were told to go back and get the knife about 3 months later. They got it then. She said that at first the cops said that the screen was cut from the inside. At the trial they did admit that it was cut from the outside.
The sock had the blood of both boys on it and Darlie's DNA on it, probably skin cells. The expert testified that it takes a while for DNA to show up on a sock like that so she would have had to have probably worn it, not just handled it or used it to wrap around the knife handle.

The steak knife found in the ground on the alley was actually in someone's backyard behind a fence ACROSS the alley from the trash can near where the sock was found. There was also a gutter right there where other items could have been tossed. It is possible that the sock just didn't make it down there with the rest of the stuff. Police looked down the gutter but the pipe bent out of sight near the surface and they never did get a key to open up the manhole cover to view it more thoroughly, so we will never know what or if anything was thrown down there.

The sock was too far away from the house to be part of the staging, so I think it is more likely that it was part of several things tossed away that night and it was dropped in the process. That might explain why Darlie and Darin got so upset with police for not telling them they found it right away.

The knife or knives found in the neighbor's yard was not retrieved right away, but there was also no evidence at all that it was used for anything but digging in the hard earth while weeding. The murder weapon was found at the house. There is no evidence that there was any other knife used in the killings but the one taken from the Routier kitchen.

The thumb print was found in the utility room, I think. It is also not in blood so it could have been put there anytime before the killings. There is a bloody print there, too, but it is smudged so badly it can't be identitified. So I am not sure that it is ever going to be useful.

They never said the screen was cut from the inside that I know of. They said that the screen flap folded inside, indicating to them that the last entrance/exit through the window had been an entrance, not an exit. I am not sure that the flap was that consistent though, so it probably doesn't PROVE that. It may or may not be factual.

Bobbisangel said:
This author really has her doubts that Darlie murdered the boys. She was a confirmed believer of Darlie's guilt right up to the guilty verdict. After getting all of the pictures of the evidence and especially the evidence that the Pros didn't bring into the trial she doesn't believe that Darlie murdered the boys.
Babs doesn't do much for me, unfortunately.

Ironically, she was the best writer on the case, imo, but she also has a history of melodrama. She shot her husband during an argument and a short time later he died of a heart attack, I think it was. His family suspected she had done something to him and turned her and her son in for drugs. Her house was raided and her 25 year old son was killed by police. They found a big supply of pills, can't remember the official name but it is commonly called the date rape drug, and a lot of guns. She said she bought the pills off the internet for herself because she was having trouble sleeping. Cops said no one person could hope to use as many pills as she had for that purpose. In the end, there was something wrong with the search warrant, a wrong address or name or something, so the cops got into trouble over it. I think she pleaded guilty to the drug charges and was put on probation. Don't know if she managed to get that reversed or not, but it doesn't matter...her credibility is in the toilet as far as I am concerned. Esp if she says the photos were not shown to the jury because they were. Just check out the trial exhibits for yourself.

Bobbisangel said:
question is...why didn't the Pros bring all of the evidence into the trial?
Why would they pick and choose the evidence to show the jury? In my mind, you show all of the evidence...every little bit of it. You let the jury know that there is a thumb print that hasn't been identified. You hold nothing back and then let the jury decide by seeing all of the evidence. This doesn't make sense to me. It makes me uncomfortable. I don't know if Darlie murdered her children. I would like to hear what her reasoning would have been. To what advantage? I think it is wrong to hold back evidence. It is unfair to Darlie and unfair to the jury. If I was on a jury and later found out that we hadn't been shown all of the evidence I would be really upset. Upset enough to raise a fuss. If a person's life was in my hands I would want to know everything...see everything in order to make the right decision...a decision that I could live with and feel right about.
I personally agree with you but most prosecutors do pick and choose evidence, according to what they think the jury can handle without creating confusion. Sometimes they are right and sometimes not. In this case, there is another dead child that no one has ever been tried for and that could have something to do with their decisions on strategy.

Bobbisangel said:
This author had nothing to gain or lose by changing her mind after seeing all of the evidence. She was only writing a book so it really didn't matter which way the verdict went. I believe what she said and believe that Darlie should get a new trial with all of the evidence. If she is found guilty then...then so be it. But a jury should have all of the facts to work with...not some of them.
Well, Babs obviously had something to gain or she wouldn't be on TV making the claims she does. She'd keep her mouth shut and move on to her next writing project....or she'd write a new book to set the record straight. I think she is full of BS. Whatever motivated her must have backfired or not panned out. Whatever the case, I think she has ruined her credibility as a true crime writer.

feenix said:
Aw, I miss all the good programmes, I'm going to have to emigrate to the US!! Ha Ha

Me too! It's a bet we won't find this on Canada's Women's network but then again, might hit the documentary channel and then I will see it.

Well shoot girls, I can't tape it for everybody! Wow, my little dinky town gets WE! I didn't know it was that unique. Maybe there's a high population of women yearning for more than they have here. haha

beesy said:
Well shoot girls, I can't tape it for everybody! Wow, my little dinky town gets WE! I didn't know it was that unique. Maybe there's a high population of women yearning for more than they have here. haha
Virginia, esp Richmond, is known as an area of higher education, so there are probably more educated women in your area than many others...esp Tennessee where only 17% of our population even has a 4 year degree. That number might be going up since the lottery came in, but we still have a long way to go to catch up with Virginia. (By the way, Chicago is the fattest city and Nashville #12 of the fittest)

Here's an idea, bees. You copy the show and send it to one of us and that person will send it to the next and to the next and to next, one at at time. What do you think? Too bad you don't have DVD capabilities. You could just copy them on your computer. Someday soon.....

Goody said:
Virginia, esp Richmond, is known as an area of higher education, so there are probably more educated women in your area than many others...esp Tennessee where only 17% of our population even has a 4 year degree. That number might be going up since the lottery came in, but we still have a long way to go to catch up with Virginia. (By the way, Chicago is the fattest city and Nashville #12 of the fittest)

Here's an idea, bees. You copy the show and send it to one of us and that person will send it to the next and to the next and to next, one at at time. What do you think? Too bad you don't have DVD capabilities. You could just copy them on your computer. Someday soon.....
Yes, feenix suggested the chain mail thing too. I'm taping this show on the same tape that has the recent A&E program on it. Since I had talked to feenix about taping it for her first, I'll send it to her and then she can start the chain. I'll just tuck the next address in the box or something. How's that?

beesy said:
Yes, feenix suggested the chain mail thing too. I'm taping this show on the same tape that has the recent A&E program on it. Since I had talked to feenix about taping it for her first, I'll send it to her and then she can start the chain. I'll just tuck the next address in the box or something. How's that?
Why don't you just put a list of screen names in the order they are to be shipped and let each person contact the one they are supposed to send it to for the address. That way we can keep some of our anonymity. What do you think?

Jeana (DP) said:
There's a channel called "WE" (Women's Entertainment). I just saw a commercial for a television show featuring five women on death row and guess what? Little Darlie Routier is one of them. Of couse she'll all dolled up and playing victim. Its on Monday night at 8:00 eastern time--7:00 p.m. in Texas. There's a repeat at midnight. This is one we haven't seen before.
Thanks for the headsup on this....I knew they had made this doc but was never sure when it was going to be shown....I had just about given up.

Goody said:
Why don't you just put a list of screen names in the order they are to be shipped and let each person contact the one they are supposed to send it to for the address. That way we can keep some of our anonymity. What do you think?
Well, yeah, that's the plan. When I send it to feenix, she'll send it to cami so I was just going to put cami's addy in the box to feenix. I don't think cami will mind. Then from there cami can do whatever she'd like with it

beesy said:
Well, yeah, that's the plan. When I send it to feenix, she'll send it to cami so I was just going to put cami's addy in the box to feenix. I don't think cami will mind. Then from there cami can do whatever she'd like with it
:clap: Good idea.

Well the program was pretty good. All but one of the women admitted to her crime, and she blames hers on drugs.
They quickly lost my respect when they said that both Darlie and 2 of her sons were rushed to the hospital. Hmmmm, wonder who that was dead under that blanket at the crime scene? They also said she was convicted of killing both boys. I was grinding my teeth throughout her entire segment.

beesy said:
Well the program was pretty good. All but one of the women admitted to her crime, and she blames hers on drugs.
They quickly lost my respect when they said that both Darlie and 2 of her sons were rushed to the hospital. Hmmmm, wonder who that was dead under that blanket at the crime scene? They also said she was convicted of killing both boys. I was grinding my teeth throughout her entire segment.
That's why I keep saying that everyone who writes about, talks about, deliberates this case (any case really) gets something wrong. Never fails.

Actually all but 1 of the 5 women DENIED their crime....I think this was what ya intended to say.Darlie was shown during her segment,and she di have a few short remarks.I am unsure how old this program is,but it must be at least 2-3 yrs old....During the Frances Newton segment she kept whining about how close her 2004 date was getting and how innocent she was.Newton was handled by the State of Texas in 2005,and she no longer whines.The Butler case segment was the most intresting of the 5.Not so sure I thought she was innocent,but she did present a few valid points of intrest.....Darlie of coarse denied any reason to be incarcerated in her own segment.

proadvocate said:
Actually all but 1 of the 5 women DENIED their crime....I think this was what ya intended to say.Darlie was shown during her segment,and she di have a few short remarks.I am unsure how old this program is,but it must be at least 2-3 yrs old....During the Frances Newton segment she kept whining about how close her 2004 date was getting and how innocent she was.Newton was handled by the State of Texas in 2005,and she no longer whines.The Butler case segment was the most intresting of the 5.Not so sure I thought she was innocent,but she did present a few valid points of intrest.....Darlie of coarse denied any reason to be incarcerated in her own segment.
Did you hear about that Coleman guy in Virginia? He was executed and they just got the test results back from the DNA lab.....it matched him!!!! He was guilty as sin!! The anti-DP people supporting him feel "betrayed." What a crock. They just have egg on their face for getting caught backing a guilty man. I don't think they give a rat's behind about the guilt or innocence of the people they back. They will use anyone to make a lot of noise.

Goody said:
Did you hear about that Coleman guy in Virginia? He was executed and they just got the test results back from the DNA lab.....it matched him!!!! He was guilty as sin!! The anti-DP people supporting him feel "betrayed." What a crock. They just have egg on their face for getting caught backing a guilty man. I don't think they give a rat's behind about the guilt or innocence of the people they back. They will use anyone to make a lot of noise.
Once again Goody...you are right on target.:angel:

Goody said:
did anyone wonder about his PYSCHOLOGICAL background..:confused:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hyacintha
Back