Darlie Routier on Death Row

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SanQuentinvisitor said:
Which is exactly why I don't feel she will ever come clean....now or at death. She will leave this world being a Martyr to her supporters......It makes for a better story ending. ;)
She can't do that without leaving Darin under a cloud of suspicion. You would think that she would at least clear him, assuming he wasn't involved in the actual murders, before leaving this world. She would owe him that much, at least that much, not to mention her surviving son.

Dani_T said:
Yep- I've been saying that about Darlie for years. I don't thik she'll ever confess. I'm convinced on some level she really believes her lies are the truth and that she has been wrongfully convicted.
Hi, Dani, glad to see you are back. You are back, aren't you? :D

I don't believe Darlie believes her own lies. I think she knows full well what happened. I think she does believe she made a horrible mistake, that she wasn't herself when it happened, but has resolved it all with the consolation that the boys understand and have forgiven her. She doesn't think she owes anything to society.

I have heard about Darlie`s case, but never really read alot about it. The thing I find hard to believe to say yes she did this is how did she get all of the bruising under her arms? Also, who`s finger print was found on the door?

blue06 said:
I have heard about Darlie`s case, but never really read alot about it. The thing I find hard to believe to say yes she did this is how did she get all of the bruising under her arms? Also, who`s finger print was found on the door?
Nobody knows but most of her bruising is from elbow to armpit on the underside of her arms. If someone is waling on you, how likely would it be that he would hit ONLY your arms and nowhere else...not your face, not your chest, not our stomach, not your breasts, not your legs. On top of that, what could an intruder do to her that her husband couldn't?

Bottomline, the bruises do not prove there was an intruder and they do not exonerate her from the blood evidence that points to her.....cast off blood from the knife on her shirt located where it should be if she were the one doing the stabbing. It doesn't change the fiber evidence showing that the bread knife in her butcher block was used to cut the screen; a screen that could just pop out. So easy the kids knew how to do it, but the intruder didn't?

Cami knows the fingerprint evidence on the door better than I do, so I will let her address that, but as I understand it, it so smudged it can't be identified or even used to elimnate people so it could be anyone's print, including Darlie's.

Goody said:
How do you find out when someone is on the watch list?
Prodeathpenalty.com

I know Charlene Hall, the owner of this site. She is out of TX's and works very closely with MVS's and the justiceforall.com website that is a website designed to inform and assist survivors and the public of crimes and penalties......They have the inside scoop on most of the death row inmates in the US. If you want to know what crime an inmate committed, these people have the details. If you want to know when an execution is to take place, these are your resources........;)

Goody said:
Darlie did demonstrate religious beliefs before the murders so I don't think it is fair to assume she isn't godfearing. I don't think she ever was devout but I think she probably had normal Christian beliefs. How that played into the crime, I don't know. History is filled with godfearing folks killing people, sometimes even in the name of God, so I don't know how accurate that bar you set is in this respect. :waitasec:
Goody, it's just my opinion........I don't know Darlie from a hole in the wall. Do I think she was/is a 'normal' Christian? No..............not at all. Again, just my opinion. I don't know about her 'religious beliefs' nor do I care, frankly. I was just stating my viewpoint from a perspective of seeing many a killer in my life time. There are 'godfearing people who kill' and then there are 'murderers who slaughter their children'.

Goody said:
Hi, Dani, glad to see you are back. You are back, aren't you? :D

I don't believe Darlie believes her own lies. I think she knows full well what happened. I think she does believe she made a horrible mistake, that she wasn't herself when it happened, but has resolved it all with the consolation that the boys understand and have forgiven her. She doesn't think she owes anything to society.

Yeah I'm back :) Have been for a while- just been lurking and busy at college.

And I know we disagree on this one! We've had it out before ;)

Goody said:
Do you think she will go to her grave leaving Darin flapping in the wind under a cloud of suspicion?

Personally, I think she'll make that cloud as large as she can before she's executed. :eek:

SanQuentinvisitor said:
Goody, it's just my opinion........I don't know Darlie from a hole in the wall. Do I think she was/is a 'normal' Christian? No..............not at all. Again, just my opinion. I don't know about her 'religious beliefs' nor do I care, frankly. I was just stating my viewpoint from a perspective of seeing many a killer in my life time. There are 'godfearing people who kill' and then there are 'murderers who slaughter their children'.
I know it is your opinion. I was merely pointing out what I know about Darlie that doesn't coincide with your opinion. You are welcome to continue believing it if you want to. I am not defending her.

Dani_T said:
Yeah I'm back :) Have been for a while- just been lurking and busy at college.

And I know we disagree on this one! We've had it out before ;)
LOL! Now, Dani, never has a cross word passed between us. :blowkiss:

Jeana (DP) said:
Personally, I think she'll make that cloud as large as she can before she's executed. :eek:
At least until that hope for a new trial dries up. When will the state file their response to the appeal. Before June?

Goody said:
At least until that hope for a new trial dries up. When will the state file their response to the appeal. Before June?

I think that puddle has dried Goody. I haven't kept up with the docs, so I'm not sure. I'm finding it hard to give a chit these days. I'd rather they just set the date and be done with it, but I'm playing along . . . :D

Cami knows the fingerprint evidence on the door better than I do, so I will let her address that, but as I understand it, it so smudged it can't be identified or even used to elimnate people so it could be anyone's print, including Darlie's.

Actually I think Dani knows it better than I since I haven't completed the reading of the Writ.....but from what I did read the defense experts have excluded Darlie and Darin as the bearers of the patent (bloody) print.

Qualified as to....the print lacks sufficient detail to identify it's source but there is sufficient detail to exclude Darlie and now Darin.

There is a latent print also that Lohnes identifies as Darin's and Langenberg disagrees, he cannot identify it as Darin's.

The state has to reply so I am quite sure their expert will dispute the defense findings.

cami said:
Actually I think Dani knows it better than I since I haven't completed the reading of the Writ.....but from what I did read the defense experts have excluded Darlie and Darin as the bearers of the patent (bloody) print.

Qualified as to....the print lacks sufficient detail to identify it's source but there is sufficient detail to exclude Darlie and now Darin.

Which one are we talking about? The print on the door or on the coffee table.

If Darlie (and supposedly Darin's) family do know she did it then I personally would find it somewhat easier to forgive Darlie Routier for a sudden overwhelming loss of control or whatever that she tries to cover up to save her own life given the position shes in, than a family that would willingly participate in a web of lies and have her lone little boy believe the same thing. They wouldnt be telling Drake the "well .... mommy did actually do this but for lots of good reasons and we have to keep it secret..." story, for fear of playground repitition. He would have got the "she's innocent, period" story.

We dont have the death penalty here but post partum depression is recognised in our law of infanticide - successfully evidence post partum depression and a woman would likely get a non custodial sentence for killing her own child under 12months. It wouldnt be a defence to murder in a child over 12 months, but it would be mitigating circumstances if there was a child under 12 months, i.e. that she was within 12 months of having given birth when the offence was committed. What is the relevance of the post partum depression thing over there? Had Darlie played this card would the end result have been different? If Darlie was British and had a long term sentence over here post conviction, if I was Darlie's Mom, I would be playing the post partum thing for all it was worth, becuase that would be a chance to go free early, rather than the hope of a quashed conviction on a few technicalities.

Dani_T said:
On the door. We all know the print on the table is:laugh: Darlie's.

Britlaw said:
If Darlie (and supposedly Darin's) family do know she did it then I personally would find it somewhat easier to forgive Darlie Routier for a sudden overwhelming loss of control or whatever that she tries to cover up to save her own life given the position shes in, than a family that would willingly participate in a web of lies and have her lone little boy believe the same thing. They wouldnt be telling Drake the "well .... mommy did actually do this but for lots of good reasons and we have to keep it secret..." story, for fear of playground repitition. He would have got the "she's innocent, period" story.

We dont have the death penalty here but post partum depression is recognised in our law of infanticide - successfully evidence post partum depression and a woman would likely get a non custodial sentence for killing her own child under 12months. It wouldnt be a defence to murder in a child over 12 months, but it would be mitigating circumstances if there was a child under 12 months, i.e. that she was within 12 months of having given birth when the offence was committed. What is the relevance of the post partum depression thing over there? Had Darlie played this card would the end result have been different? If Darlie was British and had a long term sentence over here post conviction, if I was Darlie's Mom, I would be playing the post partum thing for all it was worth, becuase that would be a chance to go free early, rather than the hope of a quashed conviction on a few technicalities.
I think it would take a lot more than just PPD to have gotten charges reduced. She would have had to prove psychosis and I don't think Darlie can do that. She has a few mitigating circumstances that would have helped her in sentencing possibly, but nothing so serious that a jury could really sink their teeth into during the guilt phase.

The problem with Darlie's case is that there are a few red flags or warning signs if you prefer, but nothing strong enough to get past suspicion and into real evidence. Andrea Yates had a long history of PPP and when she wasn't suffering from PPP, she had other mental issues. The same with these other women like Schlosser and Delaney. There was a paper trail and a lot of evidence to support the psychosis the ended in the deaths of their children. Darlie has nothing like that to fall back on. General depression is not enough. Even PPD is not enough. Not to mention the fact that she still has not even acknowledged that she committed the crime or told what symptoms she did have.

I do think the truth might have spared her life if she had been remorseful at her trial, but she tried to beat the charges instead. Any jury is going to sock it to someone who does that.

As for her family, I have no idea what is really going on with them. I would be surprised to learn that they never knew what happened all these years. In one way or another, I am pretty sure Darlie let them know in a weak moment. There is always that possibility that I am wrong though.

Would they fight for her even if they knew she was guilty? I think so. Would they scream from the rooftops that she is innocent knowing full well she wasn't? I don't know. It would be tough to do that, but people have done stranger things.

I doubt very seriously that they would tell Drake she was guilty even they had a play by play written in Darlie's own hand. I don't think I would. Not until he was old enough to handle it emotionally.

Jeana (DP) said:
I thought they were all claiming they were wrongfully convicted. :rolleyes:
Of course! They are all innocent and have been framed by LE.
:laugh:

Dani_T said:

Hmmm... think I have been away from the case for too long! I'm not entirely sure now what the findings were on that print (and don't have time at the moment to trawl through it all to find it!). I'm dont think anything was entirely conclusive though... could be wrong... oh who knows! I'll have to check it out later :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back