Darlie's injuries

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay, but so if they did it together then why hasn't Darlie rolled on him? She can't be so deluded as to think she's really getting out of prison, and if my co conspirator got off scott free and i was on death row, I'd talk.

Medea, if she rolls on him, she's going to prove she's been telling lies this whole time. She'll have to look her family in the face and tell them she murdered those boys. She also gets much "fan" mail and treats in her account from the Darlies. All THAT would end if she did that. I don't think she's got it in her to do it.

Medea - IMO Darin is guilty of trying to cover up his wife's crime. You know cover her butt. I DO NOT BELIEVE WHATSOEVER that he was involved in the actual crimes.

WHY? Unless HE had been complaining about how the 3 kids were cramping their lifestyle and why did they have 3 instead of 1...and so out of guilt for believing he triggered her decision to kill them...why else protect her?

I suppose its easier to claim you married a wrongfully accused person than a deranged murderer, a la John and Patsy Ramsey. Denial is a powerful thing.

Medea, if she rolls on him, she's going to prove she's been telling lies this whole time. She'll have to look her family in the face and tell them she murdered those boys. She also gets much "fan" mail and treats in her account from the Darlies. All THAT would end if she did that. I don't think she's got it in her to do it.

Good point. Plus, if people are feeding her delusions then that's all she has left, if she admits guilt, she's got nothing. The sympathy well dries up. Same mindset that motivates guilty people to demand the very DNA testing that will cement proof of guilt, they can't stop themselves and are addicted to the spotlight...and they know someone out there will always believe that the DNA tests were falsified.

Did she have any history of depression or a bizarre private life that in hindsight gives any indication of this level of narcicism?

Good point. Plus, if people are feeding her delusions then that's all she has left, if she admits guilt, she's got nothing. The sympathy well dries up. Same mindset that motivates guilty people to demand the very DNA testing that will cement proof of guilt, they can't stop themselves and are addicted to the spotlight...and they know someone out there will always believe that the DNA tests were falsified.

Did she have any history of depression or a bizarre private life that in hindsight gives any indication of this level of narcicism?

I agree with you Medea. They'll always be someone out there who doesn't believe any of the tests or the investigation and they'll continue to give Darlie and her family false hope, which sometimes is the worst thing that can be done in these situations.

From what I've read Darlie did have a history of bizarre behavior all throughout her life. Some even think she wrote in her diary about a "suicide" attempt or thoughts of suicide. Most of us, I think, believe she always thought way too much of herself to ever actually go through with that, but having those around her think she was "delicate" never did her any harm, if you know what I mean!!

Thanx Jeana that link (on Darins lie detector test) was real interesting. I always thought an intruder was to blame but if what this site says is true then Darin is as guilty s hell. I still believe that Darlie did not kill them kids. Lie detectors are approx 96-97% accurate nowdays (not sure how accurate they were when Darin took test though - dont think they were as accurate as now).

Cant remember if Darlie also took lie test - Im quite certain she did but results were not made public.

Wendy - little ones doing fine - hope everythings ok your end.

Call me crazy but I doubt if Darlie did take a lie detector test.

If she "passed" her defense would have leaked it to the media.

If she failed, the prosecution would by now have leaked it to the media.

Thanx Jeana that link (on Darins lie detector test) was real interesting. I always thought an intruder was to blame but if what this site says is true then Darin is as guilty s hell. I still believe that Darlie did not kill them kids. Lie detectors are approx 96-97% accurate nowdays (not sure how accurate they were when Darin took test though - dont think they were as accurate as now).

Cant remember if Darlie also took lie test - Im quite certain she did but results were not made public.

Wendy - little ones doing fine - hope everythings ok your end.

You're welcome darlin!! Darlie apparently failed a lie detector test. She also had some sort of hypnosis, but since the results of that haven't been made public, I guess we know what happened. Had some bombshell happened to support her, you can bet her mom would be shouting it from the rooftops.

I'd love for them both to take new tests, but I'm not holding my breath!

Call me crazy but I doubt if Darlie did take a lie detector test.

If she "passed" her defense would have leaked it to the media.

If she failed, the prosecution would by now have leaked it to the media.

The prosecution doesn't have access to test results from tests that were obtained by her defense team. And, since the results are not admissible in court, there would be no need for the prosecution to ask for her to take the tests. Any and ALL lie detector tests done in this case were done by the defense.

You're welcome darlin!! Darlie apparently failed a lie detector test. She also had some sort of hypnosis, but since the results of that haven't been made public, I guess we know what happened. Had some bombshell happened to support her, you can bet her mom would be shouting it from the rooftops.

I'd love for them both to take new tests, but I'm not holding my breath!

Is this the test people believe she failed cause she came out crying?

New test for both of them would be a fabulous idea, although as darin failed 1st doubt he'd do it again.

Does anyone think that darin was cockey/arrogant enough to believe he could beat the lie detector?

Is this the test people believe she failed cause she came out crying?

New test for both of them would be a fabulous idea, although as darin failed 1st doubt he'd do it again.

Does anyone think that darin was cockey/arrogant enough to believe he could beat the lie detector?

I don't know about why others believe she failed. I've spoken to her mother and her aunt and I'm pretty sure if she passed anything, they'd be running their mouths to the press.

Like I said, them taking tests would be set up by her defense team. I don't think Darin is working with them any more, so he's not gonna take anything. If she fails it, they don't have to say she even took it, because the defense doesn't have to give inculpatory evidence to the prosecution. If she passes it, it can't even be brought out in court. So, at this point in time, there's no reason for either of them to take any sort of tests of this type.

ALthough it cant be brought into court it wouldnt harm her campaign if she passed. I dont see the point in darin taking one though (from his perspective). There could be another reaason for mama darlie not to broadcast results - they could have been inconclusive.

ALthough it cant be brought into court it wouldnt harm her campaign if she passed. I dont see the point in darin taking one though (from his perspective). There could be another reaason for mama darlie not to broadcast results - they could have been inconclusive.

It actually would help her campaign. I've always said it may even change my mind!!! LOL Inconclusive wouldn't help, so yeah, I could see her keeping her mouth shut about that. But what about the hypnosis? How could we hear nothing about that?

My little sister was hypnotised about a case and she gave all kinds of new and exciting details.

They say victims of crimes remember minute details about every aspect of the crime. I wonder why Darlie can't even remember the simpliest of them?

Some crimes are so traumatic that the brain blanks details as a sort of mental protection. There have been loads of instances where paople have witnessed or been involved in something horrific but cant remember any/parts of what has happened. Maybe the subconcious can do the same

Some crimes are so traumatic that the brain blanks details as a sort of mental protection. There have been loads of instances where paople have witnessed or been involved in something horrific but cant remember any/parts of what has happened. Maybe the subconcious can do the same

That's very true Nicola!

I think Darlie's main problem with the "traumatic amnesia" attempt is the 16 versions of her stories she gave before the trial began.

True, thats because the brain aactually needs time to take in a memory. With a traumatic event the brain in effect shuts down prior to the memory being burned in. Make sense?

In Darlies case she has lots of memories so I don't buy into that in her case. She even remembers things that didn't happen :crazy:

True, thats because the brain aactually needs time to take in a memory. With a traumatic event the brain in effect shuts down prior to the memory being burned in. Make sense?

In Darlies case she has lots of memories so I don't buy into that in her case. She even remembers things that didn't happen :crazy:

Thanks, I did not know. It makes sense. An traumatic event happening to me which I still only remember the begining and nothing else. But have not doubt what actually happened. Does that make sense?

Thanks, I did not know. It makes sense. An traumatic event happening to me which I still only remember the begining and nothing else. But have not doubt what actually happened. Does that make sense?

Makes sense to me whitywendy as I have done the same thing:)

nicola, good post about the brain blanking stuff out:)

Well, she had Darin's graduation party, Medea. Remember that? Where she left before he did and was attacked by a rapist.

I think that all the sudden interest that seems to have exploded on this thread of late has been initiated by camp Darlie for the very reason that you give above. ..the very DNA testing that will cement proof of guilt, they can't stop themselves and are addicted to the spotlight...and they know someone out there will always believe that the DNA tests were falsified.

I could be wrong, mind you. But the timing is quite telling IMO.

Well, she had Darin's graduation party, Medea. Remember that? Where she left before he did and was attacked by a rapist.

I think that all the sudden interest that seems to have exploded on this thread of late has been initiated by camp Darlie for the very reason that you give above. ..the very DNA testing that will cement proof of guilt, they can't stop themselves and are addicted to the spotlight...and they know someone out there will always believe that the DNA tests were falsified.

I could be wrong, mind you. But the timing is quite telling IMO.

No, I didn't follow the trial. But let me guess, it was a masked/unidentifieable stranger rapist who was never found...

I watched a documentary about her case recently which was quite supportive of the idea she didn't get a fair trial and her defense did a crap job of defending her, which I agree with.

The silly string video should never have been admitted into evidence and its very troubling that the jury said they gave this so much weight and viewed it numerous times. It has NOTHING do to with the evidence and should never have been a central reason for convicting her.

Since I didnt' follow the trial and I have not read the transcripts I can't say whether her defense lawyer's strategy was as bad as it seems in hindsight or whether there were legitimate reasons for example why he didn't show all the bruising pictures to the jury or the other video? I think it was a video of her at the more somber funeral service. In trials that I have followed, like Christa Worthington, I am able to say 100% that the issues his defense raised about untested evidence was total crap because they could have tested it and chose not to.

It appears to me that she didn't get a fair trial, that her defense team did a terrible job in representing her [not sure it rises to incompetant enough to warrant a new trial], and that she is most likely guilty, though this is a close one for me because I'm still unsure how she got the bruises in terms of hte timeline for photographing her as they evolved from red to black.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya
Back