Dateline: "Along Came Jodi"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
what does religion have to do with premeditated murder?

eta: not to mention I am quite sure he is not the first person in his religion to break a rule.

:no:

and it also does not make him a terrible person either.

My goodness, I sure hope being a sinner has not become justification for murder or for a lenient sentence. :what:

I saw this too and it paints more and more of picture on how Travis was living in sin and could not "repent".

What do you mean he "could not repent?" I realize you are Pro Jodi, so to speak, but Travis going to his Bishop would signal to me he wanted to "repent".

What do you mean he "could not repent?" I realize you are Pro Jodi, so to speak, but Travis going to his Bishop would signal to me he wanted to "repent".

I'll take a stab at this one (so to speak) ...

Consider that, although TA may have approached his Bishop to begin the process of repentance, he had just finished committing several additional sins and was promptly murdered before he could repent, thus condemning his soul, if I am understanding things correctly.

snipped for space...
Or, (this is what I think)

B) She could have seen Travis on MySpace and got obsessed with him and
-boyfriend #1 met at the Fair, and after that just 'happened' to be somewhere he was and reintroduced herself as "the girl from the fair". (Was his suicide ever investigated?)

-boyfriend #2, Matt McCartney, met while visiting friends in Oregon. She could have already know about Matt and went to visit her friends with intentions of hooking up with Matt.

-boyfriend #3, Darryl. We know that when Jodi first started working at Ventanas Daryl was still married. Darryl probably isn't even aware of being subtly seduced by Jodi. And maybe this subtle seduction could have contributed to his discontent with his marriage and the reasons for his divorce.​

Here is an article on how sociopaths target their victims;

http://www.sociopathworld.com/2010/09/how-sociopath-target-their-victims.html

BBM

Boy friend number 2 was actually LIVING WITH boyfriend number 1, when she met him. I have always thought that very odd and awkward. Of all the guys she could hook up with, she starts hanging out with her ex boyfriends roommate. That is stalkerish, right there, imo.​

Wow...from what we 'know' (ok, assume) about Jodi's personality disorders this would have TOTALLY infuriated her!

"REPUTATION DEFENDING/ NARCISSISTIC SOCIOPATH, PSYCHOPATH, ANTISOCIAL PERSONALITY TYPE:

Defends his reputation of unflawed, the one with courage, unbreakable, dominant, undefeatable, formidable, untouchable; furious/relentless when status in question, overreacts to little things."​

Also, I have heard it mentioned before, but I am wondering if possibly Jodi could have targeted Travis...two scenarios are possible, either:

A) She was already considering getting involved with PPL and learned of Travis through other PPL people and became obsessed with meeting him and went to Vegas with intentions to 'coincidentally' meet him

Or, (this is what I think)

B) She could have seen Travis on MySpace and got obsessed with him and schemed to meet him by getting involved with things he was involved with...for example she could have seen that he was going to be in Vegas. So she contacted other PPL people pretending to be interested, etc.. She could then go to Vegas to "check things out a little more" with the ulterior motive of actually 'coincidentally' running into Travis.​

I think this scenario is possible because i have read that sociopaths will target their victims (there are no "coincidents" with sociopaths), and from how she says she met her other boyfriends it seems totally possible;

-boyfriend #1 met at the Fair, and after that just 'happened' to be somewhere he was and reintroduced herself as "the girl from the fair". (Was his suicide ever investigated?)

-boyfriend #2, Matt McCartney, met while visiting friends in Oregon. She could have already know about Matt and went to visit her friends with intentions of hooking up with Matt.

-boyfriend #3, Darryl. We know that when Jodi first started working at Ventanas Daryl was still married. Darryl probably isn't even aware of being subtly seduced by Jodi. And maybe this subtle seduction could have contributed to his discontent with his marriage and the reasons for his divorce.​

Here is an article on how sociopaths target their victims;

http://www.sociopathworld.com/2010/09/how-sociopath-target-their-victims.html

I'm intrigued about these suicides. Is this guy mentioned as boyfriend#1 the same guy that I heard committed suicide the day she was arrested or is this someone else, and as you mention, was his or "their" suicide investigated. With all that has come out about Arias it sounds like this as should be looked into. Would not surprise me at all if she had killed before.

I'm curious what you mean by "could not"? Do you mean he was personally unable or unwilling to repent, or that the church/ bishop would not allow him to repent, or God would not allow him to repent ? There are many ways to interpret "could not" in your post. I'm curious what you mean.

What significance do you place on your thoughts that TA "could not" repent? Do you think Jodi knew about something like that, and exploited Travis' spiritual angst/ struggle?

I don't want to speak for ElleElle or put words in her mouth, but to 'repent' is to feel remorse AND turn from the sin. Travis kept having sex with Jodi (something he believed/had been taught was a sin) so repentance was something he may have been struggling with.

Please note - I'm trying to explain this from a Church point of view. There's NO judgment from me at all (I 'lived in sin' and got knocked up out of wedlock, so I have no stones to throw because I live in a glass house).

I watched this Dateline and it held my attention since I haven't followed the case too closely and wanted to learn more.

This is just a picky little point that has occurred to me, but I'm not wild about the title they gave this Dateline story. Jodi did come along, all right, into Travis' life, but the phrase sounds so benign and almost perky.

"Along Came Jodi" could be a play on the title of the old Coasters' song "Along Came Jones", which a quick google reveals was a bouncy song with pretty violent lyrics actually lol but Jones was the guy who saved the day. Anyway, it's easy to be a critic...not sure what I would have titled the Dateline piece. Something that sounded a little less airy, though, for sure, since what we were seeing was the story of a woman accused of basically butchering another human being.

Actually, I am pretty sure the title is based more on the lyrics to the song: Along Comes Mary by The Association.

Here are the lyrics (hope it is OK to post like this, someone let me know if it isn't and I will remove this part--thanks!):

Every time I think that I'm the only one who's lonely
Someone calls on me
And every now and then I spend my time in rhyme and verse
And curse those faults in me

And then along comes Mary
And does she want to give me kicks , and be my steady chick
And give me pick of memories
Or maybe rather gather tales of all the fails and tribulations
No one ever sees

When we met I was sure out to lunch
Now my empty cup tastes as sweet as the punch

When vague desire is the fire in the eyes of chicks
Whose sickness is the games they play
And when the masquerade is played and neighbor folks make jokes
As who is most to blame today

And does she want to set them free, and let them see reality
From where she got her name
And will they struggle much when told that such a tender touch as hers
Will make them not the same

And when the morning of the warning's passed, the gassed
And flaccid kids are flung across the stars
The psychodramas and the traumas gone
The songs are left unsung and hung upon the scars

And does she want to see the stains, the dead remains of all the pains
She left the night before
Or will their waking eyes reflect the lies, and make them
Realize their urgent cry for sight no more

Writer/s: ALMER, TANDYN
Universal Music Publishing Group
Lyrics Licensed and Provided By LyricFind

I saw the Dateline episode, CNN's hour-long program, and I've caught snippets of HLN's Nancy Grace mystery episode. Personally, I think the 48 Hours episode is much better than all of these. CBS was lucky enough to get Jodi while she was agreeing to interviews. Also, I think 48 Hours does a better job at storytelling...

It would be great if 48 Hours did (yet another) update and included all of Jodi's interview. It seems as if there are still portions that have not aired.

They have done an update. It was on ID last night.

The only time his spinal column was hit was at the time of the neck slash and he was dead within 30 seconds of that. He would not have been able to talk, let alone move. He would be unconscious just from that wound within a few seconds.

I don't know myself, mind you. But either I read it or heard someone say that when the superior vena cava is stabbed like that, the pain is so intense--that numbness can occur to legs and internal bleeding is going on ...so the blood loss, heart is going to take blood away from extremities (arms and legs) first...numbness. Your arm goes numb when heart attack occurs, I imagine there are a lot of nerves in the chest wall.

I saw the updated show on Friday and I didn't like it for a few reasons. 1. Michael Kiefer is a biased, horrible excuse for a reporter with nothing of value to say 2. Alyce LaViolette's testimony was described as "calm and measured," puhleeze! 3. I feel like they glossed over a lot of the stalking behavior, big time. There was some other sloppy reporting, but those things bothered me the most. It's sad when there are so many people on WS and elsewhere that know more about the case than the person doing the reporting.

The only good thing about the show was that it gave the Hughes a chance to set the record straight about the "abuse" email again.

I do look forward to an updated 48 Hours though. Maureen Maher had Jodi's number way back then and I would like to hear what she has to say now.

Just started watching this but is it just me or does anyone else feel that the picture at the 25 second mark seems all wrong. Travis looks mad in that picture as though she is behind the camera forcing him (maybe at gunpoint) to pose for these pictures? I have felt that way all along. Something just seems off to me.

The latest dateline is a waste of time for anyone already following the case. Some of Travis's friends appear but you'll learn nothing new.

I think he couldn't feel his legs because he was bleeding out and the circulation was slowing. Once his neck was severed, he would not be able to talk as the ME explained. But I do believe he really said that, which is devastatingly sad.

I still to this day believe that most of the things she described or stated about the "Ninja" incident, were incidents that actually ocurred as she killed Travis. :stormingmad: Admitting her guilt without realizing it!

Just started watching this but is it just me or does anyone else feel that the picture at the 25 second mark seems all wrong. Travis looks mad in that picture as though she is behind the camera forcing him (maybe at gunpoint) to pose for these pictures? I have felt that way all along. Something just seems off to me.

I too, have thought the same. I have looked through the pictures numerous times and just as you said, "something just seems off to me" also. Still angers me!

I agree with you. I'm streaming it on YouTube in parts, but I think I know the photo that you're referring to. Is it the one of Travis seated in the shower? There's something 'wrong' with his expression. Almost like he was crept up on, perhaps? Or, maybe saw the weapon in her hand?

It also seems as though he turned his head quite quickly. The drops are flying in the air. The photos taken before then are very dark and I got the impression he may not have been aware they were being taken.

I haven't been as involved as most others on the forum. I would be interested in reading a post/thread discussion of these photos, if one exists. I have wondered about that specific sequence of photos since I first saw them. It's bothered me, for some reason.

I watched this Dateline and it held my attention since I haven't followed the case too closely and wanted to learn more.

This is just a picky little point that has occurred to me, but I'm not wild about the title they gave this Dateline story. Jodi did come along, all right, into Travis' life, but the phrase sounds so benign and almost perky.

"Along Came Jodi" could be a play on the title of the old Coasters' song "Along Came Jones", which a quick google reveals was a bouncy song with pretty violent lyrics actually lol but Jones was the guy who saved the day. Anyway, it's easy to be a critic...not sure what I would have titled the Dateline piece. Something that sounded a little less airy, though, for sure, since what we were seeing was the story of a woman accused of basically butchering another human being.

About the title..the first thing I thought of was "Along came a spider" from that nursery rhyme and thought "black widow" mates then kills.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back