***Day 1-Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assumed that any water entering your lungs - as opposed to fluid from illness etc would pretty much kill you - if no resuscitation was forthcoming.

Dr Watson?

Very likely.

The doctor who did the autopsy says cause of death couldn't be determined due to decomposition of body. And that's all for today.#katekyriacou

if allison had high levels of zoloft in her blood, could someone have disolved a handful in a glass of wine beforehand, rendering her dizzy and unsteady?
blood in the car could be argued she cut her finger getting groceries from the car, but hopefully the hair is useful evidence
the two thuds heard could have been allisons body landing and the car boot door slamming shut?

two thuds, would they not be GBC shutting his door and then the boot of the captiva or he closed his door and then had to open the back door of the captiva to try to reposition the body to make it easier to drag out of the boot of the vehicle?

Phew what a first day! Thankyou to all our sleuthers who attended and gave us such fabulous reports and thank you to those at home/work who reposted the twitter/CM feeds. We have been overloaded with new info.

where is ABC's handbag in all of this i wonder???? i know my handbag would be fantatstc evidence as to my movements, and is usually where my phone is if it's not on me.

I look forward to the timeline that will hopefully be posted later....as i'd like to see how kids bedtimes and the BC's conversation about GBC's affair and ABC's journal entries for that evening fit in.....i will propose kiddies in bed at 8.30pm-9pm....half hour later when kids are asleep the convo took place and then immediately afterwards ABC's journal entry....which would put it around 10.30pm when the s**t hit the fan so to speak. Maybe he spiked her drink and she realised it and it ensued from there....IMO

oh and thanx for the expert info Dr Watson, u r truly invaluable :)

4:12pm AEST:

Forensic pathologist Dr Nathan Milne said toxicology tests showed there was an anti- anxiety medication called Sertraline in Allison's system when she died.

He said the leg was the most accurate place to take blood when determining how much of a drug somebody had in their system at the time of death.

However, because of the decomposition of the body, he could only take blood from the liver.

He said whatever the level of the anti-anxiety drug found in Allison's body, the "true level" would have been less.

"Typically, the decomposition (means that drug levels) go from high concentration to a low concentration," Dr Milne said.

"Levels increase after death due to decomposition.

"I would expect the true level (of drug) to be somewhat less than that."

He said tests on the liver tissue would generally show an even more concentrated amount.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-starts-today/story-e6freoof-1226594302360

I thought theyy said she was wearing a purple singlet with built in bra , what plus a jumper plus a jacket:banghead:

The jumper has been described as both a jacket and a jumper.

4:12pm AEST:

Forensic pathologist Dr Nathan Milne said toxicology tests showed there was an anti- anxiety medication called Sertraline in Allison's system when she died.

He said the leg was the most accurate place to take blood when determining how much of a drug somebody had in their system at the time of death.

However, because of the decomposition of the body, he could only take blood from the liver.

He said whatever the level of the anti-anxiety drug found in Allison's body, the "true level" would have been less.

"Typically, the decomposition (means that drug levels) go from high concentration to a low concentration," Dr Milne said.

"Levels increase after death due to decomposition.

"I would expect the true level (of drug) to be somewhat less than that."

He said tests on the liver tissue would generally show an even more concentrated amount.

Sertraline is "Zoloft". And what Dr Milne is referring to there is the stuff that we discussed a few weeks ago, to do with liver concentration of drugs, post-mortem redistribution, etc.

And that is the stuff that should blow any "suicide by Zoloft overdose" out of the water...

where is ABC's handbag in all of this i wonder???? i know my handbag would be fantatstc evidence as to my movements, and is usually where my phone is if it's not on me.

No mention was ever made by police of anything missing other than Allison's phone so I believe her handbag and all the usual things in it, other than the phone, were at home.

Courier Mail states first response Police as witnesses in the coming days. Looking forward to their version of events that morning.

The jumper has been described as both a jacket and a jumper.

A jacket does up at the front. A jumper just goes on over the head.

Edit, my point is that they are quite different.

Not sure how you could actually deduce that, though. And I think you mean expirated - aspirated means breathed IN - inhaled. But from the pictures we saw of the Luminol tests, I certainly couldn't make a deduction like that. Splashed, maybe. But I couldn't assume that it was spluttered out as you suggest.

Sorry to nitpick, but you did ask... ;)

Imagine laying in he back of a station wagon....your body swings and sways around the corners and if the car is going around corners, up and down hills, if Allison had been bleeding the motion may have intensified it.
It's hard to lay in the back of a moving vehicle.

Phew what a first day! Thankyou to all our sleuthers who attended and gave us such fabulous reports and thank you to those at home/work who reposted the twitter/CM feeds. We have been overloaded with new info.

I'll be back on the job in the morning. I think I've found my niche. Tonight I'll be doing all the paperwork I put on hold today :)

Amazing how many people think this committal hearing is the actual trial! Should send everyone a link to websleuths to get the low-down :)

Thanks they'll get you. I have a BMW 4WD and I agree, closing the back door makes a louder and heavier sound than the car door. But why two thuds?

I often need two attempts to close heavy car doors. We have an amorok and I always take two goes to close the passenger door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro