***Day 1-Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning everyone! Just catching up on yesterdays events thank you to everyone on all the updates from inside the court! Plus the excellent thoughts from everyone on what we are hearing & learning.

This glove is a whole new mystery in my opinion.
So many questions, namely what the hell was it doing there?

I am backing away from the computer now. :blush: Sorry for all the posts. Just waiting for you all to wake up!!

The glove tip piece that fell out of the jumper:
I find it hard to impossible to believe this was sloppy forensics, or a part of a glove that belonged to one of her rescuers. The reason being this, it would have been important for her rescuers to wear gloves partly in order to avoid contamination of their own persons. IF a piece of glove was accidently torn off during the rescue operation, (and this could have only happened with force,), then the matter should have reported and recorded as an incident. Also the wearer would have immediately scrum his /her hands to avoid contamination. The colour, and brand of the gloves worn would be well known by the wearers.
However Allison's killer may have worn gloves and swung or hung her over the Kholo Bridge railing, a glove finger tip becoming caught in her jumper as she twisted. It twisted off and went down with her.
The jumper being the soft ligature which saved the hyoid from fracture.
Hung, swung and twisted. The cause of death was unable to determined with 100% certainty. However, can it be proven that she was not hung by her own jumper? What is certain that her death occurred.
The team was so careful with her body, that her position also was to remain as it was found. Hence the other reason I do not believe the glove belonged to one of her rescuers, or any member of forensics team.
Another matter: The glove tip would have retained its integrity, for the whole time until found.
(I can testify to this as I had reason to dig up something that had been buried over two months. First thing sighted was the brightly coloured glove.)

Just a thought, but it's also possible that the tip of the glove was somehow caught up in Allisons jumper when she put it on.
I don't know how many times I've gone to put something on and something has fallen out, a sock, a hankie, anything. If the jumper had been lying around it's possible something got caught up in it. Could have even happened from the washing machine.

Long shot, but these things happen.

Thankyou in advance to all of you who are doing your best to get the info to us today!!! where would we be without you?? :)

I had hoped that after spending some time in prison that GBC might actually break down and confess. Well I know now that it won't happen. From what has been reported yesterday, including the media, he still seems the same arrogant person he was back then.

Does he really believe he might get away with it?? Does he know something we don't?? That's something that worries me. :( IMO

Hi ladies,
this is sort of off topic.

I'm concerned by many of you saying you put your
phone's in your bra's when busy etc.

please be careful, don't put them near your
breasts, they don't know if phone's can be cancer
causing.

AND thankyou thankyou to all who are going in to court.

SO appreciated xxxxx

Hi ladies,
this is sort of off topic.

I'm concerned by many of you saying you put your
phone's in your bra's when busy etc.

please be careful, don't put them near your
breasts, they don't know if phone's can be cancer
causing.

AND thankyou thankyou to all who are going in to court.

SO appreciated xxxxx

Good point. Thankyou. I guess this is something we will find out in a few years time when it starts to show. :(

Another court artist's sketch of GBC...

106388-gerard-baden-clay.jpg

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...erard-baden-clay/story-e6freoof-1226595106254

Good point. Thankyou. I guess this is something we will find out in a few years time when it starts to show. :(

Years ago we were told we would all have brain tumours from mobile phones

Yes the second sketch does look a little bit more like him. I thought the same as you, Maigret, pretty puffy around the face.

Forty minutes to go - will he look as dapper and care free today ? Who will be on the witness list today ? Olivia?

I'd like to extend a huge thankyou to all members who were able to attend court & report back to us yesterday. Another BIG thankyou to all members for helping out with the twitter comments & media update reports & also to Makara for putting the timeline together.

And..... a BIG thankyou to Websleuths for allowing this to all happen on here :)

I'll be making a new thread for each day of the Committal Hearing...be back shortly with a link for Day Two :)

Years ago we were told we would all have brain tumours from mobile phones
If Dr Charlie Teo (the best brain surgeon in Australia) says he sees 10-20 new cases of head cancers a week and one third is around the ear and believes it is linked to mobile phones.....well you have to think he may be right. You cannot be too careful.
Google him. A living legend.

OT

There is no peer reviewed data that I am aware of about phones in bras causing cancer. A few doctors have given anecdotal evidence but that is no proof. By all means take the precautions you deem necessary but if you are to have your phone on your body at all, assess why you think the breast is more vulnerable than say your groin where a pocket may lie, and if the fabric of a pocket could shield you from any ill effects.

Defence barrister Peter Davis asked Ms Walker whether she believed Baden-Clay was a suspect when she first gave a statement.

She said Baden-Clay had told her police would point the finger at him.

"Gerard mentioned to me the morning he arrived that police would suspect him," she said.

Copied the above from an earlier post today.

How awful for Kerry-Ann to have been told this by GBC on the morning of her disappearance.
What a hideously frightening scenario to find yourself landed in- supposedly your best friend has failed to return from a walk, husband has massive scratches on his face, and then tells you that the police will suspect him.

He knew what would be coming, because he knew what he had done, and he began networking with Kerry-Ann to generate a level of trust between himself and her, and to discredit the police.
A truly nasty nasty scenario, IMO

I keep coming back to this & re reading 'Police would suspect him' at this early stage of events Allison was only missing? To me this is a sign of Guilt!

Hi hgl - it is interesting that you thought his demeanour was different, if you could see him when he was seated. My observations were only from when he first walked in (then promptly hid), then the other times when he stood up during proceedings, or walked around in there in the breaks. Perhaps he could relax more when all eyes weren't on him.

Were you inside for the entire break? I find it amazing that, if you saw what I saw, you wouldn't interpret it as talking and laughing. Anyway, it is interesting how we can all interpret things differently isn't it. I just am relieved that others saw it too, so sleuthers here don't think I imagined it or made it up, because I promise you all I didn't! I hesitated to post it for this reason, perhaps I shouldn't have, sorry everyone. Everything is open to interpretation and I only gave you mine.

I just want to add my two cents worth here, Thinking and I were both sitting up the back and we could only see GBC during the breaks. It was during the morning break that we observed him talking and laughing with the security people, and when there conversation had finished Thinking and I looked at each other in disbelief at what we had just seen. To me he appeared calm and relaxed with not too much to worry about. I can't comment to how he was during proceedings as I said, I couldn't see him from where I was seated. The times when OW came and spoke to him yes he did appear to be taking things seriously. I think he's a coward for hiding himself away in the dock, not the actions of someone who is innocent in my opinion.
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member