Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He xefinately said 2 thuds but no mention of a splash

Hmmm this is interesting... I wonder if he put her down and then realised the guardrail was there and had to pick her up again, and then down again. It would be interesting to hear what the gap was between thuds. IMOO

School pick up time! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Id say a spare tyre but they are usually secured in boots so wouldnt need to move it out of the way.
Have bags of concrete here, I asked my son to throw one on back lawn he said Ive lost the plot lol

I have a captiva and the spare tyre is in a well underneath the boot area carpet. It would have not been needed to remove to move a body in and out of the car. But could have been removed for some other reason. The tools to change the tyre are in there with the wheel. Could he have had a flat tyre? That would have been inconvenient!

Possibly she is sick at heart for not calling the police that night. Be awful to have to live with. Benefit of hindsight.

I wasn't being mean to Mrs. White. I was laughing at the stupid sarcasm of the reporter. :twocents: I feel truly sorry for all of the witnesses and I also admire them for being there. :twocents:

John Taylor‏@_JohnTaylor_

Baden-Clay hearing continues. Forensic medical officer Dr Leslie Griffiths giving evidence. He examined cuts to Gerard BC's face. @abcnews

It was very confronting to hear this witness account :(. I have to go now and I'm disappointed as I'd much rather stay. I'm going to try to come on Wednesday. Cheers everybody, has been so comforting having you all here with me on this emotional day x

Thanks so much for being there and reporting back to us. It's very much appreciated.

Thankyou for the clarity Dr watson :)

If u look at the luminol pics showing the inside of the back of the car, and in particular the wheel arches, it looks to me like, amongst the drips, drops and runs of blood, there is also an amount of fine 'spray'. Would u care to re-inspect the pics and tell me what u think please?
If anyone else can also confirm if the Zoloft found in the car and the carport were empty packets or not too please? i still find it odd tho that someone supposedly trying to hide their depression would leave even empty packs lying around...

if allison had high levels of zoloft in her blood, could someone have disolved a handful in a glass of wine beforehand, rendering her dizzy and unsteady?
blood in the car could be argued she cut her finger getting groceries from the car, but hopefully the hair is useful evidence
the two thuds heard could have been allisons body landing and the car boot door slamming shut?

Hmmm this is interesting... I wonder if he put her down and then realised the guardrail was there and had to pick her up again, and then down again. It would be interesting to hear what the gap was between thuds. IMOO

School pick up time! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

School pick up time here too. Thanks for the updates everyone :rocker:

Bear in mind that the defence has chosen which witnesses they wanted to cross examine from those people's statements. So the witness that wasn't sure of the date she heard the noises may have just been an easy choice by the defence to cross examine and create some uncertainty. The prosecution may not have even decided to use her evidence because of the uncertainty but all statements, helpful or not to the prosecution had to be given to the defence.

Also the magistrate has 330 witness statements tendered as evidence in addition to the cross examination he is hearing. He will consider it all in his decision whether to commit for trial. And his decision is just based on whether there is sufficient evidence that a jury might convict on, no where near the standard of proof required at trial to prove guilt.

We're being shown a series of photographs of scratches on Gerard Baden-Clay's face, chest and shoulder.#katekyriacou

http://sydney.edu.au/medicine/forensic/members/individual/index.php
Sydney Forensic Medicine and Science Network
Dr Leslie John Griffiths
Forensic Medical Officer, Clinical Forensic Medical Unit, Queensland. Dr Griffiths has completed a Master's Degree in Forensic Medicine from Monash University, interested in all aspects of forensic medical practice especially toxicology, injury interpretation, and coronial advice.

if allison had high levels of zoloft in her blood, could someone have disolved a handful in a glass of wine beforehand, rendering her dizzy and unsteady?
blood in the car could be argued she cut her finger getting groceries from the car, but hopefully the hair is useful evidence
the two thuds heard could have been allisons body landing and the car boot door slamming shut?
Could have been force fed into her mouth (even if she was in a twilight zone.) IMO. Resulting into a chipped tooth injury.

Bear in mind that the defence has chosen which witnesses they wanted to cross examine from those people's statements. So the witness that wasn't sure of the date she heard the noises may have just been an easy choice by the defence to cross examine and create some uncertainty. The prosecution may not have even decided to use her evidence because of the uncertainty but all statements, helpful or not to the prosecution had to be given to the defence.

Also the magistrate has 330 witness statements tendered as evidence in addition to the cross examination he is hearing. He will consider it all in his decision whether to commit for trial. And his decision is just based on whether there is sufficient evidence that a jury might convict on, no where near the standard of proof required at trial to prove guilt.

Thank you Ali. My thoughts exactly.

Ashley McDermid‏@AshleyMcDermid

Forensic doctor tells #badenclay committal he believes scratches on Gerard Baden-Clay's face were from fingernails. @9NewsBrisbane

I've always throught the suicide angle was ludicrous given the information that we already knew... just reading your info there on Zoloft overdose (not a drug i am familiar with), my question is, so is the Defense basically going to go the line of zoloft overdose and THEN throwing herself off the bridge?? Just curious how you would walk the 14 or so Km (at the best of times in the middle of the night), let alone whilst feeling sick, drowsy, tachycardic (fast heart beat) and possibly comatosed... and throw yourself off a bridge! LOL... Can't wait to see how the hell they're gonna try and push this angle!!! Seriously????

and she obviously didnt overdose at the bridge, there would have been empty boxes surely, unless they say she filled her pockets with zoloft and then walked there, with her new hairstyle?

Thankyou for the clarity Dr watson :)

If u look at the luminol pics showing the inside of the back of the car, and in particular the wheel arches, it looks to me like, amongst the drips, drops and runs of blood, there is also an amount of fine 'spray'. Would u care to re-inspect the pics and tell me what u think please?
If anyone else can also confirm if the Zoloft found in the car and the carport were empty packets or not too please? i still find it odd tho that someone supposedly trying to hide their depression would leave even empty packs lying around...

I had a good look at the pics when they were first posted, and I have to say that nothing suggested expirated blood. Splashes and splatters are more likely to come from a moving source - eg a cut finger/head/lip/whatever that is moving, or from a splash from a height (doesn't have to be high either).

I can't really search for those pics now - I'm on a somewhat flakey 3G connection in the Tassie mountains here on holiday at present.

I agree re the Zoloft packets - I would doubt most people would leave them lying around rather than throwing them away. And the whole topc of Zoloft "toxic levels" was discussed several threads back - Marly could probably find it. But basically, the blood for the toxicology levels was taken from the liver, and concentrations of Zoloft (sertraline) in the liver just taking a normal dose can range from 57 to 120 times higher than in the peripheral blood, due to concentration by the liver on the first pass through it from the bowel after absorption. And then there's the whole topic of a phenomenon called post mortem redistribution - which essentially means that any high levels found in the liver CANNOT be extrapolated to the levels that MAY have been in the peripheral blood pre-mortem.

This is where I think the defence are onto a loser with the theory of a Zoloft overdose.

Ashley McDermid‏@AshleyMcDermid

Forensic doctor tells #badenclay committal he believes scratches on Gerard Baden-Clay's face were from fingernails. @9NewsBrisbane
Scratches confirmed as fingernail scratches, not caterpillar bites. Another sleuthing point cleared up for committal purposes IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710