***Day 3 -Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to be very careful here...Marly, keep me in line if you have to :) ....

Something else to consider is what was GBC's awareness of Allison's possible depression? Was he aware of her current treatment, did they discuss it, was he in a position to determine her state of mind? And was his assessment of Allison consistent across all contact with police?

All just hypothetical questions to ponder.... :)

didnt he google local psychiatrists just before he called police?

3.26pm: Baden-Clay's former business partner Jocelyn Frost has told the court he owed her $180,000 in April 2012 after he agreed to buy out her share of the "rent side of the business".

He later bought her out of the business for the sum of $1.
<snip>

WHAT? $1? How the heck did he manage that? He saw her coming down in the last shower the poor woman!

There are a couple of things that I would like to open a discussion on.

1. Where were the girls and what was going on in their young minds. Did he leave them at home when he drove to Kholo Bridge, did someone watch them - it is just doesn't bear think about really.

2. I have taken Zoloft for many years and if I miss a couple of days I end up very irrational, and go from mild mannered to quite unhinged. It only needs to be a couple of days for this to happen - much less than a week. I can feel the tension bubbling up inside me. I have known myself to ask for water at the Chemist so I can take the medication as soon as I have bought.

3. The mobile phone from Bruce Flegg's staffer - surely a real estatTo ask for such a large sum of money from a non family member seems very desperate to me.

4. The broken tooth - if it didn't happen on the night in question, I wonder if ir would have been money to have it fixed - dentists are expensive and if money is scarce they are a luxury a mother would do without.

Just my thoughts - would love to hear yours.

Who else thinks that the evidence is looking a bit better today? Taking in what we've heard today and putting it together with the past 2 days... I think the defence would not be feeling too confident... maybe they never were.

One thing I've noticed with today's evidence - the defence seem to have stopped pushing the whole suicide thing. Perhaps the expert testimony that the levels were consistent with normal therapeutic dose has blown that line right out of the water?

Wonder what line they will come up with as their definitive defence when this goes to trial, as I'm sure it will?

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou

Phillip Broom is talking about when he bought into Baden-Clay's real estate business, when it moved to new premises etc #badenclay

Anyone feeling queasy?:

John Taylor @_JohnTaylor_
Gerard Baden-Clay's sister just gave statement to media. She believes her brother is innocent & grieves for her friend Allison. #badenclay

John Taylor &#8207;@_JohnTaylor_
Gerard Baden-Clay's sister just gave statement to media. She believes her brother is innocent & grieves for her friend Allison. #badenclay

And why even mention it in the first place.
Where I was phoning from wouldn't even cross my mind if I was making a panicky 000 call.
Unless it was because he needed to say he wasn't at home so they would know that he needed to get back home to talk to the police ?
And did anyone see his car "out driving" at that time ?

Good thinking Strangeworld. I've said a few times on here in the past that we only have his word that he was actually out driving around "looking for Allison". That's what he told the 000 operator. But in fact, he could have been "anywhere".... :what:

Olivia Walton, Gerard Baden-Clay's sister, says Allison was her sister too. They loved her. @9NewsBrisbane

$180000 for the rent roll - the roll must have been huge. $50000 in in 2008, 180000 out in 2012 - good return considering the GBC was in the middle. This does seem right.

One thing I've noticed with today's evidence - the defence seem to have stopped pushing the whole suicide thing. Perhaps the expert testimony that the levels were consistent with normal therapeutic dose has blown that line right out of the water?

Wonder what line they will come up with as their definitive defence when this goes to trial, as I'm sure it will?

If I were defending him I would step down pronto.

:sick: 12 months after the fact?

Anyone feeling queasy?:

John Taylor @_JohnTaylor_

How convenient that Olivia starts giving the press conference that he loved his wife, just as they start talking about his affair with TM.
I'm going to be sick ! :furious:

How convenient that Olivia starts giving the press conference that he loved his wife, just as they start talking about his affair with TM.

Yeah true, so she isnt hanging around to hear that part huh.

Wonder if she will when Toni appears, would love to see how loverboy looks then.

I sort of feel sorry for the defence. I guess though its not proving so much that he didn't do it, but casting just enough doubt that he can't be found guilty. Surely they must see that all the evidence is stacked against him !

3.39pm: Ms Frost said towards the end of her time in the business, Baden-Clay told her he could not afford to pay her.

''He told me that he had paid me everything,'' she said.

''Later, I thought about it and thought there was no way he'd paid me everything.

''Gerard said he couldn't afford to pay me the last two properties I sold.

''(That) could have been a total of $25,000.''

Ms Frost said the main reason the business partnership fell apart was his affair with staffer Toni McHugh.

''(We had) so many conversations (about the affair),'' she said.

''But certainly that was one of the main reasons that the partnership failed at the end.

''We asked him to either leave his wife or leave Toni or we wouldn't continue on.''

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...eam-in-the-night/story-e6freoof-1226596271477

Olivia Walton hasn't been in the court while the proceedings are underway.( well not this morning anyway )
Why would this be ? If she is going to give evidence at some stage shouldn't she be keeping away from the other witnesses, not swanning around amongst them outside the courtroom ?

It sounds like a poorly scripted TV show!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member