***Day 5 -Committal Hearing*** 18th,19,20th March 2013***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always wondered that too. Why bother killing your partner? Surely even a messy divorce that leaves you penniless is going to be better than spending years in jail, and leaving your kids with no parents? It is senseless, isn't it?
Nothing is achieved in the end , just an awful lot of misery. Divorce would be the better option in all cases.

Their ego fools them. They think they won't get caught because they're so much smarter. That ego is also their downfall in they are so convinced of their own intellect and are so cocky that they overlook the little things and the obvious is not so obvious to them.

Morning all, just posting to say that I'll try and avoid a <modsnip> today.

Best behaviour here for Marlywizzle and crew

Because people think they are smarter than everyone else and can convince people of anything. They are beyond reproach. Eg jodi arias. But it is not looking too good for her.

Exactly. They're lying to people everyday and getting away with it and think if they're able to fool those closest to them, fooling strangers (police) couldn't be harder. Police are trained to detect those things, the average person isn't and their judgement may be affected by emotion.

Well said. As my 33 year old daughter said , what ever happened to old fashioned divorce ?????

Agreed, but divorce would not have solved his most urgent problem, his huge debts. Only bankruptcy or a windfall would have been the solution. I think money was his immediate problem, his marriage second. And I don't think he would have left Allison though she may have eventually left him if she caught him out again with other women.

Exactly. They're lying to people everyday and getting away with it and think if they're able to fool those closest to them, fooling strangers (police) couldn't be harder. Police are trained to detect those things, the average person isn't and their judgement may be affected by emotion.

Spot on!! Those close are affected by emotion.

Agreed, but divorce would not have solved his most urgent problem, his huge debts. Only bankruptcy or a windfall would have been the solution. I think money was his immediate problem, his marriage second. And I don't think he would have left Allison though she may have eventually left him if she caught him out again with other women.
I don't think he was leaving her either. He needed a foundation... somewhere to return after his exploits.

Donna Field &#8207;@Donna_Field
First witness Dr Candice Beaven - GP from Kenmore #badenclay

Divorce wont get you a million spondoolas

She was worth more dead than alive to Gerard.. it really is that simple.

Of course, Gerard was worth more to Nigel dead, than alive.. how far up the food chain that would have gone as time went on is anyones guess..

Its the numbers that tell the story.. the phone numbers and the money numbers.. match 'em all up and voila!.

I do believe there are unfound mobiles , so far.. or maybe the prosecutor is keeping those for the big stage..

Ursula Heger &#8207;@ursulaheger
Baden-Clay went to a Kenmore doctor two days after his wife disappeared @tennewsqld

Dr Beaven saw Baden-Clay a day after his wife reported missing #badenclay

Dr Beaven: GBC saw her about the scratches on his face #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou &#8207;@KateKyriacou
Dr Candice Beaven on the stand. Baden-Clay went to see her on April 21 at Kenmore and asked her to look at scratches on his face. #badenclay

I think money was his whole problem & the reason why he strung TM along for so long. She had money which might have come in handy to him one day.

And no doubt, money was the reason why he picked up with Allison in the first place.

All about money & social status with GBC

I don't think he was leaving her either. He needed a foundation... somewhere to return after his exploits.

Also, as hard and frustrating as married life was for Allison, I think it unlikely that she would have left the marriage (at least until the children were much older). There were some entries in her diary which lead me to this conclusion.

Dr Beaven: accused told her he had cut himself shaving with a blunt razor because he was in a rush #badenclay

and here comes Gerard flitting across the stage on Saturday morning, bright and chipper and early , got to get those chunks out of the face verifed as razor stuff... how thrilled he must have been to be allocated a nice young woman as physician... luckily he has some business cards on him, just in case. .you never know when opportunity strikes...what he didnt know was that Candaces interest was in dermatology... .

I think money was his whole problem & the reason why he strung TM along for so long. She had money which might have come in handy to him one day.

And no doubt, money was the reason why he picked up with Allison in the first place.

All about money & social status with GBC
That's why I reckon he hung on to TM so long aswell. Purely for what he could get out of her.

Kate Kyriacou &#8207;@KateKyriacou
Baden-Clay told his doctor he cut himself with a blunt razor in one motion, then said it could have been two or three when she queried him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required