***Day 5 -Committal Hearing*** 18th,19,20th March 2013***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so back now, Davis asking about Toni mchugh statements and a warning he issued her - police has asked if there was any contact and she said no and police knew otherwise, Davis asks a question on how, detective says ' I don't know how to answer that... covert technplogy'
And then Davis said 'something to do with another agency'? Yes

Davis - did you become
Aware of the identify of any treating psychiatrist? Yes - dr Tom George- Davis asked what records? He said medical ones obtained from that psych - he didn't take a statement from that dr but other police may have - Davis says they don't have that - detec says he can get it

David Murray‏@TheMurrayD
Toni McHugh told police she had no contact with Baden-Clay but police knew she had through "covert technology".

Now that's interesting - did she lie initially to police? How many times did she lie?

Sounds like Davis is trying to present GBC as a better character than how he was portrayed in MSM i.e. not the horrible man that didn't search for his wife, but someone who was asked not to.

I guess Davis is going to need to find that pesky police officer who said that to GBC :)

Even prior to police involvement, he wasn't trying too hard. Rang his OWN family!

Asking about version control on a document, don't know what the document is sorry!

Davis is asking about disc of disclosure - he is now saying its
Fair to say me GBC was a person of interest? Correct

Davis talks about Establishment of command post, ground search - raised a question about contamination, says 'it was important mr GBC not stumble across the crime
Scene so as not to contaminate it, so he was asked not to attend by qps?

Detective says not to his knowledge and then Davies said but another qps could have said that to him and he said not to his knowledge

Thanks Sleuthis. I'm of the understanding that the Brookfield house was in fact declared a crime scene on the 20 April 2012. Well before a full scale search had begun. GBC phoned the police from there Mr. Davis!

Man, this bloke is really grasping at straws now! :twocents:

Okay Davis asking about how medical records obtained detec says first step health commission (missed a word)

Apparently when GBC was taking to the storage facility to see the parado but walked to the captiva instead even tho he was being shown the prado

Davis -
It is his car as well tho?yes

sorry to be a mood killer -

Sleuthis-maximus please be careful if you are typing to us directly from the courtroom. Then judge warned yesterday that the only people who should be using cellular devices or recording devices in the courtroom are the media representatives.

Anyone else who was there at the beginning of yesterdays proceedings can you please back me up on this ?

Yes.. its strange it was not mentioned last week when cross examining the police officer..he searched the house, somewhat throughly you would think if he was looking specifically for blood and in relation to shaving cuts, the bathroom and towels would have been looked at you would think.. so I wonder if there is more with that towel than has been said?

I think it is intriguing too. Correct me if I'm wrong Liadan and anyone else who was there yesterday - but didn't it come up because he was discussing the colour of stains and the colour of blood stains can give an indication of their age, or words to that effect? Then either the witness or Davis said, "for example, the bloodstain found on the towel hanging in the bathroom of the BC residence" had bloodstains on them that were bright red rather than dark red or brown, which indicated they were fairly new - then they moved on from there like it was nothing significant?!? I was scribbling furiously! :)

police has asked if there was any contact and she said no and police knew otherwise,

due to covert technology.

( ooooo ) that , I hope is in reference to the 1st bail application where the police prosecutor says that due to Lawful Intercepts, they discovered that Nigel and Elaine were facilitating contact with Toni McHugh AFTER Allison went missing.. not nice, Nige.

Davis asks about GBC being a suspect detective says yes with the concerning circumstances.

Davis is asking about the command post - was it to attract public ? To get into

Detect doesn't entirely agree says that it was for the running of the search primarily

Davis is saying the first thing was to find her alive? Yes
Or to find a crime scene? Yes

Davis talking about the importance or not contaminating a crime
Scene - a direction was given to GBC to
Stay away for this purpose?
Not given by me

Talking about any other experts approached? Asked about the blood expert, detective doesn't have any knowledge of him at all

Cross examination finished now of this detective stood down
Til tomoz morn

Sleuthis-maximus please be careful if you are typing to us directly from the courtroom. Then judge warned yesterday that the only people who should be using cellular devices or recording devices in the courtroom are the media representatives.

Anyone else who was there at the beginning of yesterdays proceedings can you please back me up on this ?

Very True - we had the legislation read to us by judge Brendan Butler! So please don't write to us verbatim! Just for your own safety within the law!

3.22am: AN insect expert has told the Brisbane Magistrates Court about different caterpillar species and whether they would irritate the skin.

Professor Myron Zalucki, an entomologist and insect ecologist, said while most caterpillars were harmless, some had poisonous "hairs" that would cause pain and irritation.

"Very painful, very painful," he said of some species of caterpillar.

"It lasts quite a while and you would probably head off to the doctor."

Prof Zalucki said he had looked at photographs of injuries on Baden-Clay's chest but could not give an opinion on whether they had been caused by a caterpillar.

Defence barrister Peter Davis asked whether Prof Zalucki thought Baden-Clay had been bitten

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-of-wife-allison/story-e6freoof-1226600463908

Seriously?? I have had the hairs of caterpillars embedded in my skin before.. yes its very irritating..drives you nuts.. have had to pick out the hairs with tweezers as its the ONLY way to get rid of the irritation..which can last days until every last hair is out.. but I NEVER sought out a Dr for it.

And no MR Davis.. He would not have been "Bitten".. the hairs come off the caterpillars bodies..not out of their mouth!

Davis asks about GBC being a suspect detective says yes with the concerning circumstances.

Davis is asking about the command post - was it to attract public ? To get into

Detect doesn't entirely agree says that it was for the running of the search primarily

Davis is saying the first thing was to find her alive? Yes
Or to find a crime scene? Yes

Davis talking about the importance or not contaminating a crime
Scene - a direction was given to GBC to
Stay away for this purpose?
Not given by me

Dont worry SM.... You are our reporter.

Thanks for that...I recall someone saying the judge mentioned no cameras/photos to be taken.

Liaden or any other members who were at court??

Thanks Sleuthis. I'm of the understanding that the Brookfield house was in fact declared a crime scene on the 20 April 2012. Well before a full scale search had begun. GBC phoned the police from there Mr. Davis!

Man, this bloke is really grasping at straws now! :twocents:

I'm really interested to know where GBC was when he made the first call to police. In the transcript,there was something about looking up the police website, trying one number (I think the 13 number), having trouble getting through, then calling 000. And in the transcript, he said he was driving at the time looking for Allison, because the telephone operator said he should go home to meet the police there (ad libbed by me).

I believe the reason O doesn't sit in court is because she could be called as a witness.

Quite likely one would think - remember that QPS flew to Townsville about 12/6/12 to interview "someone", & GBC was arrested the next day - can't imagine who else of interest they had to speak with in FNQ - Just getting all their "Ducks in a row" methinks??? AIMHOO of course.:jail::jail:

With that last cross examination it is not clear to me if Davis was asking the detective if GBC was asked not to search generally or asked not to attend the command post or both. It seems like Davis is trying to make out a reason for both but couldn't.

David Murray‏@TheMurrayD
Det Sgt Peter Roddick not aware of any direction to Gerard that he couldn't look for Allison. #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381