Day 5 The John, Patsy and Burke's behavior/ The 12 days of JonBenet

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So many things feel wrong.. Patsy and John should have been tearing the house apart and screaming for JonBenet.Burke would have been glued to me. I may have called my friends and neighbors to search for my child. I would have called the police and made sure they collected evidence, dust everything. I would have been glued to the phone waiting. I would be clinging to my husband in fear. I would have been talking the police heads off answering everything and anything. I would never leave my child willingly once found dead. The police would have kicked me out screaming. John wanting to book is horrible and Wrong! Oh man, I could go on forever!!

My biggest roadblock was I accepted the 'people grieve differently' belief as fact. No, they don't. People grieve the same, but based on their personality type. Anything outside of that norm should challenge you to ask why.

It makes me wonder what else he handled -- like the blanket? Wasn't the tape adhered to the blanket after JR removed it?
He also handled one of the cigar boxes down there. There were two....the Cubans and the Romeos. John admitted to the Cubans being his but tried to distance himself from the box of Romeos.

Which box did Fleet handle?

Personally I wouldn't be laughing if somebody had just accused me of killing my daughter.

The couple were a pair of hams, totally starstruck by the bright lights and cameras, they couldn't get enough of interviews, as long as they were TV ones and not police ones.

Not all parents would be able to laugh and smile when describing the night they found their daughter brutally murdered by an 'intruder' in their own home, where she should have been safe.
Depending on what narcotics they are taking, I can see why they'd laugh at inappropriate moments. It could also be nervous laughter.

Not very kosher either way but its not unprecedented.

He also handled one of the cigar boxes down there. There were two....the Cubans and the Romeos. John admitted to the Cubans being his but tried to distance himself from the box of Romeos.

Which box did Fleet handle?

Wow, thanks Singularity -- why did he handle the cigar box? Did he ever give a reason? I guess I shouldn't say this because obviously I don't know how I'd react in FW's position, but again, I can't help but wonder why in the world would he handle such items (the duct tape, etc.). I guess it just makes me angry that the evidence was all the more compromised than when JR "found" the body.

While I think people do grieve in the same pattern or manner overall (Kubler-Ross, etc) wrt their inward emotion, I also think they differ wrt their outward behaviors.

I'm basing this comment on some of my own life experience as well as 37 years of observation as an RN in the hospital setting, plus the work I did with the Sommer case in which she was prosecuted in no small part based on her behavior following her husband's death. My experience is somewhat limited (but not completely), wrt to those who have been involved in a crime.

In my own life, I know my responses to the deaths of my mother, father, and two sisters was not only different for each one; but very different from that of my siblings.

We can say what we think we might have done IF. But we all know there was no intruder and that PR knew JB was dead. So there was no reason for her to put on a show, search the house, and act as though BR was at risk.

And to speculate about what we would have done is probably mostly based on what we see in the movies and on TV. I can tell you that what I've seen in real life is nothing like that. It's not as dramatic. Unless, of course, that person just wants to be - dramatic. Like PR throwing herself on the body and doing the Lazarus thing.
:rolleyes:

dorothy-and-alice.jpg

While I think people do grieve in the same pattern or manner overall (Kubler-Ross, etc) wrt their inward emotion, I also think they differ wrt their outward behaviors.

I'm basing this comment on some of my own life experience as well as 37 years of observation as an RN in the hospital setting, plus the work I did with the Sommer case in which she was prosecuted in no small part based on her behavior following her husband's death. My experience is somewhat limited (but not completely), wrt to those who have been involved in a crime.

In my own life, I know my responses to the deaths of my mother, father, and two sisters was not only different for each one; but very different from that of my siblings.

We can say what we think we might have done IF. But we all know there was no intruder and that PR knew JB was dead. So there was no reason for her to put on a show, search the house, and act as though BR was at risk.

And to speculate about what we would have done is probably mostly based on what we see in the movies and on TV. I can tell you that what I've seen in real life is nothing like that. It's not as dramatic. Unless, of course, that person just wants to be - dramatic. Like PR throwing herself on the body and doing the Lazarus thing.
:rolleyes:

Very well said, but my point is that I readily dismissed John and Patsy's behavior because someone said, "Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain." I allowed myself to follow the distraction. Don't do that and don't allow someone to talk you into it. That was one of the mistakes I made early on when looking at this. That stopped me from really questioning everything.

I can understand why FW would go back to the cellar room, but I still have a hard time understanding why he would actually pick up the duct tape. I'm not saying he's involved or anything, but I honestly just can't understand that, other than to say he simply wasn't thinking.

I think anyone who checked that very spot initially would have to go back and see how in the world they missed the body there, but wouldn't you just slightly enter the room and look? It makes me wonder what else he handled -- like the blanket? Wasn't the tape adhered to the blanket after JR removed it?

I can see people being emotional, but that many folks shouldn't have been in the house first place. Anyway, if I were FW, no way would I have gone back to that room . It was a crime scene at that point.
Even non-LE folks should know that.

If I woke up to my daughter missing, I would rip the house to shreds and run out in the streets calling her name.
If I found her dead and the case was going cold, I would do everything I could to bring the ****** to justice.

I wouldn't go on TV weeks after my daughter was found dead in my own house. I would be a emotional wreck.

Just can't understand why the R's acted odd.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back