***Day 6 -Committal Hearing*** 18th,19,20th March 2013***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like some other posters, I too feel weird this afternoon. Obviously a big build up to a decision that means we again have to wait until it goes to trial. One step at a time, but it certainly has reminded me today that I'm looking at Allison's murder from the outside in. So many innocent people are having to pick up the pieces of their lives that have been torn apart.

Couple of thoughts that have come to mind today:

-I don't believe GBC is in denial about what he's done. From the statements that we do have, I think GBC is someone that is confident in his ability to lie, and that others will listen. Look at the business partnership, the state of his affair with TM, his marriage. He said what he needed to say in each situation to deflect - keep people at arm's distance emotionally (or financially, etc) to avoid detection of lies. I think he knows why he is on the stand, he knows he has committed a crime, but he does not believe he deserves to be punished. He probably is confident that if he keeps up the charade, things will all work out in the end, business as usual.

- I'll be interested to hear what OW has to say tonight on Ch9. But I'm not sure that she will be revealing any big secrets - I"m sure if the defense have something up their sleeves, it won't be revealed to MSM - it will be saved for trial.

Hi everyone,
First time posting, have been reading along but struggled to manage registration till now.
When I look at the scratches in the full face photo I think his moles, and he has a few, would be the first to be cut and bleed in a shaving mishap rather than the smoother level skin.
MOO

A big difference between OW saying "I still believe my brother is an innocent man" and what she could have said e.g I believe my brother is ... OR My brother is ...

Her statement seemed to catch in the air as she said it.

What a difference colour photos make - much more compelling and it's difficult not to read them as the nail marks of someone fighting for their life, but we must try to keep our minds open. Instinct screams otherwise.

Welcome Bazinga! Loving the username.

I agree - a few other people have also mentioned the moles. I think they'll be throwing the razor theory out with the bat(h)water!!

A big difference between OW saying "I still believe my brother is an innocent man" and what she could have said e.g I believe my brother is ... OR My brother is ...

What a difference colour photos make - much more compelling and it's difficult not to read them as the nail marks of someone fighting for their life, but we must try to keep our minds open. Instinct screams otherwise.

I noticed the word 'still' in her comments too. Interesting.

Hi Bazinga, love that name, I was just thinking "Bazinga" that G has been committed to stand trial.

There, it is done. Just as we all predicted. Shame all that money had to spent.

Don't flame me please, as I am fully on board that he did it, .....but......regardless of what Olivia knows or thinks or believes, what else is she supposed to say? "Yeah yeah I know he did it.", "I gotta agree it all looks a bit suss doesn't it!", "he's my bro, bit naughty isn't he, tee hee"...... she HAS to say she believes in his innocence otherwise, well then there wouldn't be much of a trial. Perhaps as well she is plain and simple, just not too bright..

Aw poor Doc.....

We miss you Doc Watson.
Hopefully he has heard the news.

Thanks CC - appreciate being missed :) As I said last night - these holidays can come at the most inconvenient times!!

I just got the news, and while it is great news for the progress of justice, it is terribly sad news for the girls in particular, and for the rest of both Allison's family and also for those in HIS family who believe in his innocence and are not involved in any other way... Whoever they may be.

I'm just trying to catch up now on a friend's WiFi, as I've been on the road all day (in Tassie) so I haven't had a chance yet to catch up fully, or to see the photos yet.

But thanks to all the WS team for the Twitter reporting and the WS stream of consciousness feeds.

I just called Channel 9 Brisbane news and asked if they or Current Affair had an interview with Olivia Walton tonight. The respone was really weird from a commercial tv channel. He said, "why do you ask". I said because I'm interested. He said "why do you want to know" or words to that effect. Unbelieveable. I said "why do you think I'd want to know!" You would think they'd be shouting if from the rooftops. He then said, very hesitantly, "watch the news".

Great result today-thanks everyone for some awesome posts! Those photos of the scratches on Gerard are very graphic of how hard Allison fought for her life. I can't understand Olivia at all. How can she believe or pretend to believe that Gerard is innocent of the crime and think there's another mystery person who murdered Allison- who could it be when Allison's blood (DNA) was in the car Gerard drove, leaves from their property were all over Allison and Allison's scratches were clearly all over Gerard the morning after her so called disappearance. It will be interesting if an accomplice will now be named and arrested. Or maybe that's after the trial this could happen? There must be someone else involved and that could be a family member or TM - she seemed to be pretty tense on the stand. That second car spotted on the night might be the key ... but who was driving?
I'm hoping for another arrest soon. How could the mistress not see those scratches and bruises on GBC's face, chest, underarm. The Police, SES, Firebrigade and local community all out searching for Allison; broadcast all over the media, locally and Australia wide that they suspected she may have met with foul play. How could this mistress not suspect GBC with those wounds on him? Despite a massive search and concern for Allison's welfare, this mistress continued her relationship with the alleged murderer because that was all that was important to her. This will not bode well for her, nor should it.

Further, now that the photos have been released, we can see these wounds are clear. His family saw his wounds early on 20th April 2012, but despite that, NBC allegedly helped GBC clean up? Allegedly the Captiva was washed in the Showgrounds early that morning, so there would be no evidence that it had been washed when the Police arrived. OW helped GBC that morning and took the girls to school? Without any other explanation, it appears they have covered up for him. Something does not add up here IMO.

Team cover-up: TMcH, NBC, EBC and OW? (intentionally or unintentionally? in denial or with awareness?)

If she believed him innocent in the first place, she would say, I believe he is onnocent. By adding still after the committal, that would signify that she still has that belief.

I dont find it odd to be honest

I just called Channel 9 Brisbane news and asked if they or Current Affair had an interview with Olivia Walton tonight. The respone was really weird from a commercial tv channel. He said, "why do you ask". I said because I'm interested. He said "why do you want to know" or words to that effect. Unbelieveable. I said "why do you think I'd want to know!" You would think they'd be shouting if from the rooftops. He then said, very hesitantly, "watch the news".

I wouldn't hold my breath for any major insights on her behalf. It will no doubt be more of the same blind faith assertions of innocence :waiting: I hope she is not getting a single cent from all this bull!

I'm hoping for another arrest soon. How could the mistress not see those scratches and bruises on GBC's face, chest, underarm. The Police, SES, Firebrigade and local community all out searching for Allison; broadcast all over the media, locally and Australia wide that they suspected she may have met with foul play. How could this mistress not suspect GBC with those wounds on him? Something does not add up here IMO.

TM comes across to me as a hopeless romantic. She must have thought he had done it for 'love', to protect her from facing Allison at the conference ... blah ... god only knows how these chicks tick ... but I think her desire for him completely transcends all morality, as she has already demonstrated with the persistent lusty persual of this man. I think her life was consumed with was <modsnip> him, when she was next going to <modsnip> him and fantasising about <modsnip> him. In short, those fight marks would be evidence of his dedication to her in her eyes.

The 'STILL', do you think that was aimed at anyone in particular? Like her parents because they had a fight about her last statement? Or her husband for similar reasons?

This has got to be putting a massive strain on her relationships with husband and parents!

TM comes across to me as a hopeless romantic. She must have thought he had done it for 'love', to protect her from facing Allison at the conference ... blah ... god only knows how these chicks tick ... but I think her desire for him completely transcends all morality, as she has already demonstrated with the persistent lusty persual of this man. I think her life was consumed with was <modsnip> him, when she was next going to <modsnip> him and fantasising about <modsnip> him. In short, those fight marks would be evidence of his dedication to her in her eyes.

:floorlaugh: love it

My thoughts on NBC being involved... This is all MOO!

I think GBC killed Allison and made a complete bumbling mess of it and freaked out. He contacted NBC for help and he turned up and went straight into damage control and whilst horrified and disgusted, he started calling the shots. I believe GBC would have been whingeing and whining and poor me etc and NBC would have been 'well son , you've <modsnip> this one up well and truly... I'm here and involved now so I might as well fix this up so that neither of us get caught out'. I think he would also have been <modsnip> off about having been dragged into it.

I think that NBC told EBC the truth and he wanted to confess all as he was so furious that he'd been dragged into it and wished he'd just have walked away. EBC being the Matriarch has put her foot down and said that no one is breaking up her family. She wouldn't allow NBC to talk to police and has convinced him not to for the so called good of the family!
I believe that this is the real reason for the granny pash! NBC is struggling with what he saw / knows / did and EBC, being a loving wife was merely cuddling and kissing him as a thanks for being so strong and to remind him that he's doing it for them all so that he's not going to go off to jail . Just do as I say and no one will go to jail... The timing was because they were being bombarded with media attention and she knew that he was feeling particularly fragile at that time. I also think this is why there is a local rumor (posted on WS by a verified insider) that if he is called up as a witness he will end his life, this to him is a better option than lying in court and / or going to jail!

There have also been sightings of NBC looking like he's aged since this all happened and that he's looking a lot more frail. I believe that the stress of that night and the months since have done this to him.

Anywho, that's just my 2cents worth :) I'd really like to hear thoughts on this!

Also, someone asked earlier if the police were now free to arrest an accomplice now that GBC has been committed to trial? I'd love to know this as I believe there very well could be another arrest...

You are making a lot of sense Humdinger something does not sit right with the BC family cannot put my finger on it may have to wait until the trial starts?

TM stated GBC was sleeping on the Lounge? That dreadful night he want upstairs to a bed? I felt when this 1st happened it sounded like he was sleeping in another room not the same room as Allison?

Thank you to everyone with the postings & your thoughts plus the beautiful flowers which have been left in memory for Allison!

OW "I still believe my brother is an innocent man"

This could be 'faith based' as in 'religious beliefs'....
*pardon my religious memory*
I believe that some faiths say that all people are innocent until they meet their maker esp if they have 'confessed' ie to a priest.
I grew up High Anglican and the priest could forgive pretty much everything....never tested his forgiveness of murder tho....:angel:

Lastly, and very sadly, the kids WERE home on that fateful night as "GBC stated the girls were up now' in a text to Allison. A police officer also confiscated a handwritten note by one of the children that morning which was on the dining table near Allisons credit cards. Unfortunately, if the neighbours heard screams, i'm sure at least one of the kids did too and has probably stuck their nose out to see what the racket was about. Phil Brooms statement indicated that he felt the BC kids were 'subserviant' and used to being directed by 'field signals', which seems really odd to me ( as a parent) and regimented. Therefore they may have witnessed something but be too 'well trained' to say a word.

Excellent post, although the final paragraph thinking about what the girls might have witnessed breaks my heart.
One day they will read all that has been written about Allison & their father. I hope they take from it that the anti depressants were due to being married to someone who cared nothing for her and she fought tooth & nail to stay with the girls on that final night.

The 'STILL', do you think that was aimed at anyone in particular? Like her parents because they had a fight about her last statement? Or her husband for similar reasons?

This has got to be putting a massive strain on her relationships with husband and parents!

Hi Humdinger
It caught my attention because it was a qualifier, it wasn't an emphatic 'I believe' or 'He is'. We say things in the heat of the moment which can be telling or at least, interesting. Many of us believe OW knows the truth and so something like this stands out.
For me it sounded more like ... I still, after all of this quite compelling and damning evidence, which the Magistrate believes is sufficient to warrant a trial for Allison's murder, believe he is innocent. She sounded deflated, as if she herself was having difficulty 'believing'. Sort of like a Freudian slip, giving away more than she was actually saying or perhaps, the opposite of what she was saying.
Anyway, that's my take, would be interested as to what everyone else thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18