***Day 6 -Committal Hearing*** 18th,19,20th March 2013***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A laugh for everyone , i have been on everyday for the hearing and only learnt today how to use the refresh button, bet that appeals to you Bayside

:floorlaugh: OMG Squizzey, how have you been refreshing until then? :laugh:

Thanks Marly. I'm still stuck on how to actually see what the statements are and how to order them. I thought someone had posted the link a while back but I can't remember exactly. I'll keep searching the courts site for now.

Alioop posted the link a thread or so back.....her post...

Originally Posted by alioop
Here is a link to the online Supreme Court file for the second bail application which lists the documents filed

http://apps.courts.qld.gov.au/esearc...umber=11307/12

Doc 17 on that list filed by the police would be one to order as it will have most of the prosecution's evidence on which they seek to oppose bail. All these docs are publicly available and can be ordered by emailing the below search counter. You need to state the matter number, Baden-Clay and the date of the hearing before Judge Applegarth and ask for a price for the docs you wish to obtain. They will email you back and you can then call and pay over the phone with a credit card and they will post them out to you.

SDC.SearchandCopyCounter@justice.qld.gov.au

BBM

Castor Oil Plant

Special note: The seeds of this plant are the EXTREMELY TOXIC and may cause an allergic skin reaction on contact and may be LETHAL if swallowed.

http://www.pittwater.nsw.gov.au/environment/noxious_weeds/shrubs/castor_oil_plant
Castor Oil Plant. Otherwise known as Datura Stramonium. A stinking filthy weed in paddocks anywhere. Darling Downs in particular. Kids from Westbrook Correctional Centre used to be adept in overdosing on same by whatever means they could so they could be admitted to hospital. Bit of reprieve from the Correctional Centre I suppose. I think they used to get high on it, not sure if it was the seeds or the leaf part they were using.
Plus it's not THAT poisonous. It stinks. It is the bane of farmer's lives. Takes ages to eradicate (because of the seed) Cattle can keep it down if fairly immature. Once mature they wont eat it. There is a nice little bug like a ladybird beetle that can keep it in check it a bit.

OK -so the thinking is that he was allegedly exposed to Castor Oil plants at Kholo? Has anyone tried to get a rash from Castor Oil plants through material -cause I think the extent of an exposure rash would be quite limited through clothing..... and BTW there is no way I am trying to defend him here. And I can't see him going to Kholo without clothing!

I think it is just more likely that those injuries had nothing to do with plants and all to do with Allison defending herself and fighting for her life.

But if a seed or seeds/leaf fell down neckhole it could cause it. More plausible than a caterpillar :floorlaugh:

Hey all,
Back again, have followed the whole way through but not posted as I didn't have anything extra to add to your fine comments.

What struck me is that it appears that the parents were painfully aware of GBCs shortcomings early on in the piece - they owned most of Century 21 - probably to try and teach their bumbling son how to run a business (that didn't turn out so well) and instilled that boundary that he was to be home at 5.30pm to be with Allison and the girls. Maybe, at that time, they were trying to help Allison and channel Gerard into being a decent human citizen. I'm only bringing up this theory because I know so many parents that have propped their (loser) kids up. ie they've known he was a loser all this time.

When they sold out of the business perhaps they thought GBC was coping well on his own, that they'd done the right thing and groomed him for success.

Was Toni McHugh stating that she thought the older BCs didn't haven't a clue about the affair? It's quite possible at the time, they were so "family focused" they really didn't have a clue. Or was she lying? It seems there was lack of disclosure to the police.

Their absence at their son's committal hearing speaks volumes of what they might really be thinking. They could have possibly added it all up (as have all of us) and realised that their troublesome son has taken "loser" to a level that they can't fix or even hope to start fixing.

I ran into NBC and EBC at the girls' ballet concert last year. I watched as they made a big fuss over the BC girls. At the time I thought it was disgusting, but now I'm wondering if they're out to prove that although their son is the rotten egg in this, that they love and support their grandchildren. He looked drawn, yet quietly confident in his relationship with the girls. Just my observation though.

Of course this flies in the face of the bus stop theory which I've asked Squizzey and several other locals in the area about - which would make my observations above completely redundant.

I guess the prosecution will reveal more at the trial.

Doesn't this speak volumes. They support their granddaughters at a ballet concert but do no even show up once to support their son at committal.

I think the chest scratches look self inflicted, maybe a nervous scratch he developed in light of what could follow after dumping his poor wife's lifeless body in a creek, or maybe in purposefully self inflicted, could it raise doubt that the other scratches weren't actually from Allison if one is proven medically to be self inflicted? Is he THAT smart or cunning to think of creating his own scratch patch to add to the scratches from Allison?

Again, MOO

Most people would scratch their chest in a somewhat horizontal/diagonal manner. I see 2 scratches that are vertical (probably done by Allison through fabric) .. and he may have well self-inflicted the others to try and disguise the vertical one. IMO.

Thanks Marly. I'm still stuck on how to actually see what the statements are and how to order them. I thought someone had posted the link a while back but I can't remember exactly. I'll keep searching the courts site for now.

Strange, it was my post and I will look tomorrow for you and repost it so you have all the info you need so stop looking on the court site, it is not very helpful.

Edit, just saw Marly's reply to you. Doc 17 is the one that had all the docs in it that I have already posted so don't get that one again. Will get back to you tomorrow. Like everyone else, I am a bit exhausted from the last few days and need an early night.

Most people would scratch their chest in a somewhat horizontal/diagonal manner. I see 2 scratches that are vertical (probably done by Allison through fabric) .. and he may have well self-inflicted the others to try and disguise the vertical one. IMO.

Yeah it's not natural hand position or movement to cause vertical scratches.

TM comes across to me as a hopeless romantic. She must have thought he had done it for 'love', to protect her from facing Allison at the conference ... blah ... god only knows how these chicks tick ... but I think her desire for him completely transcends all morality, as she has already demonstrated with the persistent lusty persual of this man. I think her life was consumed with was <modsnip> him, when she was next going to <modsnip> him and fantasising about <modsnip> him. In short, those fight marks would be evidence of his dedication to her in her eyes.

Actually possum TM comes across to me as a bit ditzy. There's something about her eyes which gave me that impression when I first saw her photo, then after hearing her testimony I was more convinced.

Back on the 'net for a few minutes here, and caught up again. Something like castor oil plant - or even, dare I say it, a caterpillar - MAY, just possibly, have fallen into an open necked shirt, and caused an extremely itchy reaction. So that it is FEASIBLE (unlikely but feasible) that he caused that scratchy rash on his left upper chest by scratching. It's not the caterpillar bite per se that caused the rash - it would be him scratching the reaction to the bite. Or sting. Or whatever.

Yeah it's not natural hand position or movement to cause vertical scratches.

Might be if he used something like a hairbrush, or some other abrasive material like a pot-scrubber

But of course that begs the question as to where he was and what was he doing to get castor oil plant - or a caterpillar - down his shirt in the first place?

All I'd say, after seeing those photos, is that the rash on his chest is POSSIBLY self-inflicted and could be due to some severe localized itchy reaction. But those marks on his face, and his left lower neck, are fingernail scratches - if they're not, I'm a Dutch monkey's uncle!

The "violent armpit wedgie" in his right armpit may have been Allison grabbing him by the shirt and pulling him around trying to fling him away or to the floor. Unfortunately, he is a lot bigger than Allison was :(

OK - will be off the net again until tomorrow evening. Once again, any questions directed my way may have delayed answers - it's nothing personal or me ignoring you.:)

Actually possum TM comes across to me as a bit ditzy. There's something about her eyes which gave me that impression when I first saw her photo, then after hearing her testimony I was more convinced.

I think it may be a side effect of the situation she's in. She seems shell-shocked to me.

Thanks for the observations Doc. According to the bail documents, a particular photo of GBC was found on his computer. GBC took this photo of himself on the day of the 18 or 19 April and is a shot of his front torso. It will be interesting to learn if the injuries on his chest were there when the photo was taken. :twocents:

Yes, it will be interesting. Could GBC have been preparing a "file" of injuries sustained during aggressive behaviour by Allison, in preparation for divorce?? What I mean, was he trying to set her up for a future divorce case, saying "she is aggressive, she beats me, she scratches me, she leaves bruises on me, etc. etc." ... and I'm a little bit hurt!

The shaving explanation defies belief. These are clearly fingernail marks, and the ones on his lower neck look like fingernails through a collar or the top part of his shirt (presumably a polo neck).

IMO, the other marks on his chest and around his armpit look like the rubbing caused when carrying a heavy weight (ie through the bush late at night).

Question, though: why did the court decide to release these to the public now? Surely now that the matter is going to trial, the courts would be more inclined to NOT sway or inform public opinion and therefore compromise a jury? Alioop? Anyone?

IMO The injuries appear like possible struggle injuries inflicted by someone being held down either in a strangulation or suffocation hold. Just my opinion.

And the abrasions on his chest possibly caused by being pushed away and the fabric of his shirt rubbing frimly against the skin? IMO

And the shaving excuse for the cuts......who shaves their face in a zig-zag direction? IMO

totally agree
Sorry I grabbed the wrong quote - in reference to caseclosed suggesting that Allison's death may have been an accident, arising from a struggle that resulted in a fall and associated head injury....
That's exactly what I thought until Dr Watson advised that the autopsy inicated the subdural haematoma (?) appeared to be the only head injury and such an injury was unlikely to have caused Allison's death (at least I think that's what he said!)

And the shaving excuse for the cuts......who shaves their face in a zig-zag direction? IMO

And if you have already cut yourself in a particular spot, don't you normally take great care not to do it again....especially when shaving around the area you have already cut????

Sorry I grabbed the wrong quote - in reference to caseclosed suggesting that Allison's death may have been an accident, arising from a struggle that resulted in a fall and associated head injury....
That's exactly what I thought until Dr Watson advised that the autopsy inicated the subdural haematoma (?) appeared to be the only head injury and such an injury was unlikely to have caused Allison's death (at least I think that's what he said!)

We will never really know how she died, but my take is a head injury of some sort. I have read the Autopsy Report and the decomposition around her head was very severe, therefore difficult to come to any conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties