Day Before Trial Begins - What Are You Feeling?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My emotions are running so high now. I have waited for three years for Caylee to get justice and tomorrow will be the beginning of her getting that justice. She was the daughter of a mother who was selfish, narcissitic, greedy, rotten, self centered, I could go on and on forever. Casey did not deserve such a gift as Caylee.

I have recently befriended a lady, about two months ago, who lost her daughter to a terrible car crash. We have become very close. I can tell you that not one day goes by that my friend does not mention her daughter or cry about her daughter and bring up that she wishes she were not alive. Her daughter was 17 at the time of her death.

This is the way a normal mother reacts. Whether she is 17, 23, or in my friends case 46, it breaks a normal mothers heart and it never heals.

I have waited for three years for this trial begin and I cant wait for tomorrow, however, I am meeting my friend on Wednesday and it will be the fifth anniversary of her 17 year old daughters death. I am so emotional.

I have no idea how to help my friend on this sad sad day. Any suggestions? I told her we need to celebrate her daughters life. I would appreciate any ideas.

Thank you all.

And lets say a special prayer for Caylee.

Has she attended any support groups for families that have lost children?
They are a wonderful resource where she could be surrounded by others who could and would understand. Also she could give her support to them from her heart, which would be healing for her as well.
I think MADD, Mothers Against Drunk Drivers has some ongoing support groups. And many hospitals do as well.
It might also be a good resource for you to find out how best to support her as a close friend.

God bless everyone involved. SA's -- you've got this one. Lay it out and it's crystal clear. KC - you have to pay for actions some time and now is the time. GA and CA - what a mess you have created and enabled. I hope you are charged next. Your lies have no place in this. Caylee was granddaughter - remember that?? Your actions show otherwise.

Keep it real WS'ers and here we go.

And great, now we have the MAVS and OKC in OT -- I'm so hyped I could jump to the moon I tell you!!

Honestly, I feel the same way I have six times in the past... oddly enough, those were the times I knew I was going into labor and hoping a happy healthy baby was on the way. Same feeling I have had three times now when I get the call to go coach my daughters during labor when they are going through labor and delivering.

May sound strange, but that is the same anxious nervousness I feel right now... unlike any other I have felt in my life.

That feeling is an excitement mixed with nervousness, concern and fear.

I have full faith in the SA and the Judge to put forth a fair trial. On the other hand, I had the same opinion during the OJ trial... (minus the judge)

But here we go... in labor now, and it is not going to stop... so we must just hope for the best!

I feel nervous, like many others...

Will have trouble falling asleep... when I say my prayers tonight, I'll probably cry. Waiting all these years for justice for little Caylee! The only thing I can do is just keep praying for her little soul. I believe she's in heaven, looking down upon us. She was just a baby, taken too soon from this world.

Does anyone know how long it will actually take Judge Perry to give they jurors their instructions? I know he said he would do that first thing @ 9am. I hope it doesn't take too long. I know it is important, but I think I will be having anxiety attacks if he takes too long.

My emotions are running so high now. I have waited for three years for Caylee to get justice and tomorrow will be the beginning of her getting that justice. She was the daughter of a mother who was selfish, narcissitic, greedy, rotten, self centered, I could go on and on forever. Casey did not deserve such a gift as Caylee.

I have recently befriended a lady, about two months ago, who lost her daughter to a terrible car crash. We have become very close. I can tell you that not one day goes by that my friend does not mention her daughter or cry about her daughter and bring up that she wishes she were not alive. Her daughter was 17 at the time of her death.

This is the way a normal mother reacts. Whether she is 17, 23, or in my friends case 46, it breaks a normal mothers heart and it never heals.

I have waited for three years for this trial begin and I cant wait for tomorrow, however, I am meeting my friend on Wednesday and it will be the fifth anniversary of her 17 year old daughters death. I am so emotional.

I have no idea how to help my friend on this sad sad day. Any suggestions? I told her we need to celebrate her daughters life. I would appreciate any ideas.

Thank you all.

And lets say a special prayer for Caylee.

Wow. Your post really puts it all into perspective.

My suggestion would be to go to a beautiful park or wilderness area. Take food and drinks her daughter liked as well as paper and bright balloons. Also, bring some music that is relevant to her daughter or to how she is missed on a portable player of some sort. You can have her favorite foods and drink while listening to music and write messages to her daughter on pieces of paper. Then, tie the paper to the balloons and let them go (I know it's not so ecologically sound but allowances must be made at times like this). A nice hike afterward if possible would be good.

You could also go to a beautiful Catholic church, even if neither of you are Catholic, and light candles for her and meditate and pray about her.

I hope she knows her daughter surrounds her daily with her love. I firmly believe that our loved ones never really leave us when they die and that when we cannot stand it anymore and the grief becomes too much to bear, if we call them, their spirits will come and envelope us with a love that makes it easier to breathe, if even for a while. Please tell her that from me.

I'm feeling mentally drained, yet anxious at the same time. That jury selection did me in! lol

Glad to know I'm not the only one worrying if I get to sleep tonight... but nonetheless, I'm ready to ROLL!

Justice for Caylee Marie

I fear that something will happen in the first few hours of the trial that will bring up grounds for a mistrial...either the defense will say something they are not allowed to say or someone else will, and the concept of mistrial will be floated early on in this case...:(

Happy to be amongst some of the most knowledgeable people here at WS when it comes to this case.
Happy that the state will finally get to talk about CAYLEE at length.
Already a little perturbed that there will be so many things reported throughout the course of this trial that are not the full story-I expect that many pundits that have spent about 2 seconds studying this case will swoop in like they know the score. Irk.
Hoping that the JB we have seen, particularly in HHJS's court, makes a comeback.

This kind of reminds me of waiting for the final, highly anticipated installment of a series of books - like those of us who have waited for the wrap-up of George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones series - after all kinds of insane, unnecessary and absurd delays. There is something almost anticlimactic about being in suspense so long that you feel practically numb. A feeling of relief that maybe all the gratuitous emotional manipulation will end with some actual answers.

Or perhaps like the finale of a television show that has gone for many, many seasons and has had far too many plot twists and arcs.

Similar in a way to waiting for the last episode of Lost. Only I guess I'd have to call this the last episode of Loser.

Well, not the last I guess. The civil trial is in August. But I'd bet at this point that the defendant drops the countersuit and simply takes the 5th. Morgan is rich enough to pay whatever settlement is awarded ZFG (because we all know it's not coming out of an Anthony) - and he could write a book just on the depositions he took of GA and CA - not to mention licensing fees for those Grinch still-shots that CA gave during her testimony. Those would make a boatload of teeshirts and mugs (and since she is busy worrying about her copyright of Caylee, she might miss the irony in the fact he probably owns the film of those.)

Can't help wondering what Zenaida's doin' tomorrow...
Are there reserved seats?

I'm ready and have my alarm preset for 3 AM (my time zone is way behind FL's) and I will be watching the opening statements.

I'm not nervous or anxious. It's time. Time for Caylee to have the state speak for her and for the crimes against her to be weighed by a jury and justice to be meted out for those crimes.

I am pretty interested in what Baez has to say within the first 3 minutes in the AM that is supposed to make me go "AHA!". I will need to sit on my hands I'm sure as to not throw the remote through our flatscreen at his noggin though, I have a feeling that it's going to be outrageous or just down right groan worthy. JMHO.

Justice for Caylee and all other children that are murdered.

It almost feels surreal. I still can't believe we're finally here! But I don't feel nervous. I feel a sense of triumph! Caylee has the best judge, and now a jury! So what is left but to BRING ON THE STATE! The defense has tried so hard to try this case in the media and thwart the state at every hearing, and the Anthony's have had their campaign for their daughter's innocence and their drama in the hearings. The state has taken second stage to all of that, and now, it's time for the state to absolutely SHINE, and for CAYLEE to take center stage! I am positively EXCITED for the state to FINALLY have their say and day in court for Justice for Caylee! Finally, let's hear the voice for Caylee loud and clear!!!! I can't wait until tomorrow!

If anyone should be anxious, it should be the A's, the defense, and Casey. What starts tomorrow is what they've been fighting against, and the battle is only going to be way more uphill for them! Tomorrow starts their days of reckoning for the last three years! I am sick of Casey, Casey, Casey. I can't wait for the tide to turn to Caylee, Caylee, CAYLEE!!!!

Justice for the real CMA.
I tried to go to bed! but I am just so excited for tomorrow. I somehow dont think casey will have any problems sleeping. I took pm's to get my body relaxed and make me tired. But so far nada!

I think the only thing baez will suceed in , is making a fool of himself. I dont think he will sell anything worth anyone investing in.

:woohoo: the day is almost here. :great:

:liar:caseys nose is growing.

This kind of reminds me of waiting for the final, highly anticipated installment of a series of books - like those of us who have waited for the wrap-up of George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones series - after all kinds of insane, unnecessary and absurd delays. There is something almost anticlimactic about being in suspense so long that you feel practically numb. A feeling of relief that maybe all the gratuitous emotional manipulation will end with some actual answers.

Or perhaps like the finale of a television show that has gone for many, many seasons and has had far too many plot twists and arcs.

Similar in a way to waiting for the last episode of Lost. Only I guess I'd have to call this the last episode of Loser.

Well, not the last I guess. The civil trial is in August. But I'd bet at this point that the defendant drops the countersuit and simply takes the 5th. Morgan is rich enough to pay whatever settlement is awarded ZFG (because we all know it's not coming out of an Anthony) - and he could write a book just on the depositions he took of GA and CA - not to mention licensing fees for those Grinch still-shots that CA gave during her testimony. Those would make a boatload of teeshirts and mugs (and since she is busy worrying about her copyright of Caylee, she might miss the irony in the fact he probably owns the film of those.)

:yes:

okay, yes. I can relate to that analogy. It feels like the eve of a Harry Potter book release. Big story. So many characters. Good vs. Evil. Years of waiting. Need it to be finished.

the difference is...Caylee was for real...

I know it's more honest to go there and respect that Caylee is not a story book character, but it's so very exhausting and depressing to stay with this case for 3 years and remain 100% conscious of exactly who's hair and who's gas and who's duct-tape dna it all belonged to. I think anyone who hung around here this long has gone to that "removed" mode to study reports & evidence, etc...

And now that I think about it I'm afraid I might become physically ill during the trial.

I expect it's going to be more painful and exhausting than we realize.

Glad to have my WS compadres to hold me up as required.

:grouphug:

Does anyone know how long it will actually take Judge Perry to give they jurors their instructions? I know he said he would do that first thing @ 9am. I hope it doesn't take too long. I know it is important, but I think I will be having anxiety attacks if he takes too long.

I know, because I'm hoping I can catch most of the state's opening statement prior to leaving for court. If he takes too long with instructions, I will totally miss it.

okay it's after midnight, here in EST-land. today's the day.

(why am I still awake?)

BBM and O/T...Cecy, you are the best!!! My husband and I are enmeshed in the show, and were just wondering last night if it was based on a book. (And of all the time I spend on the 'net, didn't bother to look) I know the TV series must not hold a flame to the books, we'll have to come out of our caves and make a trip to Borders. Just finished a fantastic book on my all-time favorite Virginian, Patrick Henry, time to get into some good fiction!
Don't spank me for the O/T, mods....or burn my heiny with a ray gun!

OMGosh - lost power twice tonight for several hours. That NEVER happens in San Diego. I'm freaking out, DH trying to calm me down. Still a chance it could go out again (some ***** hit a power pole near our house).

It's 9:20, I'm wide awake - almost like a pacing lion. Had a glass of wine - didn't help. I think between the power outages and the opening statements, I am a nervous wreck! But I shall try to get a few hours. But don't be suprised if you see me up at 3 AM PST twiddling my thumbs.

MOO

Mel

OMGosh - lost power twice tonight for several hours. That NEVER happens in San Diego. I'm freaking out, DH trying to calm me down. Still a chance it could go out again (some ***** hit a power pole near our house).

It's 9:20, I'm wide awake - almost like a pacing lion. Had a glass of wine - didn't help. I think between the power outages and the opening statements, I am a nervous wreck! But I shall try to get a few hours. But don't be suprised if you see me up at 3 AM PST twiddling my thumbs.

MOO

Mel

I'll be here with you, hubby's new work schedule has me all upside down!

I am happy this is finally starting but sad that it even has to .
I just took a nice soak in the tub and a muscle relaxer and I hope to sleep tonight . Want to be sharp for opening statements .
You know , I think everyone knows someone that would have taken Caylee in a heartbeat . I had both knees replaced in the last 7 months ..my home care nurse both times is the most loving woman I have ever met . She is 40 and has had a misscarriage in early weeks once and lost her son to being stillborn at 7 months . She can't get pregnant and carry because of a blood factor ..I am not sure what but her chances are about 1 % of carrying to term .
We all know someone that would have taken that little girl and loved her with all their hearts . There was no reason for her murder . Casey had more options than most people .
I guess tonight I am sad and angry .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members