DC - Car rams barricade at U.S. Capitol, 1 officer dead, driver killed, 2 April 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) both spoke with the family of Capitol Police officer William Evans, who was killed in Friday’s car attack at the U.S. Capitol.

Pelosi said in a "Dear Colleague" letter to House lawmakers that she offered the House’s assistance to Evans’s family and extended the condolences of the chamber’s members.

“On behalf of the House of Representatives, I have conveyed our prayers and condolences to his mother Janice, with our offer of assistance to her and Officer Evans’ children Logan and Abigail. I have also conveyed the prayers of the Congress with our ongoing promise of help in any way to the family of the other Officer harmed, who exhibited great valor in defending the Capitol,” Pelosi wrote.
<snip>

A Schumer spokesperson added that the Senate leader “spoke with Officer Evans’s family this evening” and told them “the whole Senate mourns Billy’s loss and appreciates his bravery.”

“He also told Officer Evans’s family they will forever be a part of our Capitol Hill community,” the spokesperson added.

Pelosi, Schumer speak with family of officer killed in Capitol attack

“Today, America’s heart has been broken by the tragic and heroic death of one of our Capitol Police heroes: Officer William Evans. He is a martyr for our democracy,” the speaker said in a statement.
<snip>

“Members of Congress, staff and Capitol workers, and indeed all Americans are united in appreciation for the courage of the U.S. Capitol Police,” Pelosi said Friday. “May we always remember the heroism of those who have given their lives to defend our Democracy. May it be a comfort to the family of Officer Evans that so many mourn with them and pray for them at this sad time.”

Pelosi calls slain Capitol officer a 'martyr for our democracy'

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) both spoke with the family of Capitol Police officer William Evans, who was killed in Friday’s car attack at the U.S. Capitol.

Pelosi said in a "Dear Colleague" letter to House lawmakers that she offered the House’s assistance to Evans’s family and extended the condolences of the chamber’s members.

“On behalf of the House of Representatives, I have conveyed our prayers and condolences to his mother Janice, with our offer of assistance to her and Officer Evans’ children Logan and Abigail. I have also conveyed the prayers of the Congress with our ongoing promise of help in any way to the family of the other Officer harmed, who exhibited great valor in defending the Capitol,” Pelosi wrote.
<snip>

Pelosi calls slain Capitol officer a 'martyr for our democracy'

Thank you to the House. Think about those words "defending the Capitol" wow, just wow. These CP were true American Patriots.

"Green’s [Facebook] page featured several recent postings that reference the teachings of the Nation of Islam. Nation of Islam has been classified as a “designated hate group” by the Southern Poverty Law Center due to what the SPLC calls 'the deeply racist, antisemitic and anti-LGBT rhetoric of its leaders.'

Green also posted about the 'end times' in one post, and in another on March 17, warned about the 'last days of our world as we know it.'”

Suspect in Capitol Attack Identified | 77 WABC

Blind hatred toward innocent others is a very dangerous powerful motive no matter what evil doers carries it out.

I was somewhat taken aback when one of the police department heads spoke out in the media just hours after it had happened. He dismissed it was an act of terrorism knowing the investigation had just begun, and no one knew what the evidence would reveal. Why assume anything shortly after a murder, and attempted murder had just happened?

Yes, I believe he was a lone wolf, but that never excludes it from being an act of terrorism on our CP, and our Capitol. What if he had made it through the entrance onto the grounds of the Capitol. Imo, that certainly was his intentions. We've seen the carnage one lone wolf can do in acts of domestic terrorism before by terrorists.

Since he was from Indiana he had to have been casing the Capitol to know the fencing had come down in that area. So will they find out he was in WDC for some time before carrying out his heinous acts?

Imo, this is an act of domestic terrorism, and could have been a hate crime too had the suspect lived.

I recently read the government no longer uses SPLC because they've put some on their hate list that certainly shouldn't have ever been on it. The government now relies solely on their government data concerning hate groups which they should have done all along imo.

However, it doesn't take the SPLC to tell us about LFs organization as being a racist hate group. That's been known for ages already.

Still, my heart weeps for all police officers who have been murdered or injured in the line of duty with many being ambushed just like these two CP officers. :(

Our police officers in every community they serve still get up every single day to go out to protect, and serve with all of them knowing there is a possibilty it may be their final watch.

No other profession except the police, first responders, and our beloved military have to carry that foreboding burden when simply going to work.

It really shows who our true heroes truly are!

Jmho

Last edited:
This is probably behind a paywall, but the gist of the article is interviews with Green’s brother and friends who knew him in college. They saw him slip onto paranoia and hallucinations and extreme religiosity, either due to drugs and/or mental illness. The twenties is prime time for young men to develop schizophrenia. This happened to my cousin after a stint in the Peace Corps and to the “boy most likely to succeed” in my daughter’s highschool graduating class, so I’ve seen it with my own eyes. It’s tragic and not an excuse for what happened in DC, but a possible reason that may have nothing to do with his religious or political beliefs. Tragically, whatever the reason, Officer Evans paid with his life and his partner was injured. :(

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...f75802-93fe-11eb-a74e-1f4cf89fd948_story.html

[Green wrote] “I was able to graduate with distinction, earn a well-paying job straight out of college, and pursue my graduate degree, despite not growing up in the best of circumstances.”

Andre Toran, a features writer with the Louisville Courier-Journal and a former of teammate of Green’s at Christopher Newport University, got a glimpse of that Noah Green. He described him as a solid athlete during the one season he played with him starting in 2017.

“He was a guy that was pretty smiley, but he was quiet,” Toran said.

Green was born in Fairlea, W.Va., and had seven sisters and two brothers, according to the football roster. Toran said Green became more religious after leaving the university. He said people grew concerned about Green after he publicly accused his former teammates of drugging him.

“He was really paranoid from that point moving forward,” Toran said.

Last edited:
"Congress is on recess, so most lawmakers were not at the Capitol, but many staff members were. President Biden also was not in Washington, having left earlier in the day for Camp David."
Here’s what we know and don’t know about the attack outside the Capitol.

Makes me think the perp didn't have a specific target other than "the Capitol."

jmo

I think any evil doer targeting our Capitol is one of the most dangerous kinds of attackers.

When anyone attacks our Capitol, and our democracy they are attacking us all!

We don't know if he had specific targets in mind or not at this time. I imagine much will be learned about the attacker in all of his communication devices.

I highly doubt he knew most politicians weren't there at the time. Some were still there even though most weren't.

He was intelligent so he may have even written a manifesto of some type.

He may have been planning this attack for a while. We don't know, but he may have thought they would be leaving by lunch or in the afternoon causing him to plan it in the morning.

Imo, picking Good Friday to carry out the attack was on purpose.

He also may have thought by ramming the barrier with his vehicle he could burst through it onto the grounds, and buildings.

That's why it's so important that a thorough in depth investigation must be done first to uncover what isn't known now.

Hopefully the FBI, NSA, and all necessary agencies are investigating him thoroughly.

Jmho

Last edited:
It's obvious he specifically targeted the Capitol for a reason.

Has there been any updates on the officer who's in the hospital? Does anyone know if they had to have surgery for their injuries? TIA!

God bless both officers, families, their brothers, and sisters in blue.

jmho

Last edited:
Were any weapons or bombs found in his car?

How did this guy think or plan to cause terror with only the car he was driving and the knife he was carrying? He was one person and surely knew he would encounter a minimum of two guards at most posts.

Is the only way to stop a suspect is shooting to kill? This leaves us with no possibility of getting answers for his actions or discovering if he is part of a group.

From his writing on Facebook, he seemed discouraged and depressed, was this a suicide act?

Not sure this article has been posted yet. Contains some background info. Quick summary: Large family, admired grandmother, college athlete. Recently petitioned to change name but didn't show up at the court appointment. Felt ill the night before the attack.

The Botswana info is new to me:

"The suspect’s brother told The Post that Green had previously lived in Newport News, north of Norfolk, but had moved to Indianapolis, then Botswana, before returning to Virginia last month.

Noah Green, Capitol attack suspect, had ties to several states, was seeking name change

For Officer Evans and all Capitol LE

As a non-American, why is that flag not considered a desecration of the actual flag? To me, again as a non-American, it attaches a special identity to a select group of individuals as if they are above the rest of America's citizens. I could be wrong but until I see the US army flying a flag using camo colours, it smacks of identity politics.

Not sure this article has been posted yet. Contains some background info. Quick summary: Large family, admired grandmother, college athlete. Recently petitioned to change name but didn't show up at the court appointment. Felt ill the night before the attack.

The Botswana info is new to me:

"The suspect’s brother told The Post that Green had previously lived in Newport News, north of Norfolk, but had moved to Indianapolis, then Botswana, before returning to Virginia last month.

Noah Green, Capitol attack suspect, had ties to several states, was seeking name change
FWIW, I looked up Botswana's major religions, and it is a majority Christian nation. Less than 1% of the population is Muslim. (Gleaned from various wikipedia pages about the country.)

jmo

"The brother of Noah Green, who has been identified by multiple news outlets as the perpetrator of the Capitol attack, had experienced hallucinations, heart palpitations, and suicidal thoughts."

https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/1378395697880387584

That sentence makes it sound like Noah Green's brother had hallucinations etc. From the article:

The brother of the suspect killed in Friday's Capitol attack says his sibling was dealing with suicidal thoughts and paranoia in the months prior to the shocking incident that also left a Capitol Police officer dead and another injured.

Brendan Green said his brother Noah Green, who has been identified by multiple news outlets as the perpetrator of the Friday attack, had experienced hallucinations, heart palpitations, headaches, and suicidal thoughts, which he believes could have been related to mental illness or drug abuse.

How did this guy think or plan to cause terror with only the car he was driving and the knife he was carrying? He was one person and surely knew he would encounter a minimum of two guards at most posts.

Is the only way to stop a suspect is shooting to kill? This leaves us with no possibility of getting answers for his actions or discovering if he is part of a group.

From his writing on Facebook, he seemed discouraged and depressed, was this a suicide act?
There's a recent history of terrorist acts with vehicles, largely against civilians. I know he was probably mentally ill, but I can't help but view an attack on the capitol and an ambush on police or civilians as terrorism, just like Jan 6th. I know there are legal definitions, so it's just my opinion and not worth much. And, being mentally ill doesn't exclude being a terrorist, of course. I do wish he had been taken alive so we can learn more, but I suspect if there was indoctrination or any sort of conspiracy, it will be uncovered anyway.

I think he was mentally ill and it may well have been a suicide act. I really don’t think he had a plan to cause terror in the legal sense despite his supposed affiliation with Farrakhan’s organization. From the article linked below, he apparently became religious after college, coinciding with paranoia and hallucinations.

LE is trained to shoot to kill in a situation like this, even when threatened with a knife, not a gun. I saw a demonstration on a TV program once that showed that someone with a knife can reach a target very quickly. So LE doesn’t take chances.

One of his last texts to his brother after leaving the apartment seems like a suicide note to me...

Brendan Green said his brother was violently ill Thursday evening in the Virginia apartment they shared, before he left and sent a forlorn text that was one of their final communications.

“ ‘I’m sorry but I’m just going to go and live and be homeless,’ ” Brendan Green said the text read. “Thank you for everything that you’ve done. I looked up to you when I was a kid. You inspired me a lot.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...f75802-93fe-11eb-a74e-1f4cf89fd948_story.html

JMO

Last edited:
None of this should be happening, but tragically it is. Hatred of any variety is intolerable.

True, and violence is spreading all through our country like an oozing septic tank overflowing.

Many cities are seeing homicides climb higher than its been in many years.

It shows we need more police officers yet so many are quiting, or retiring at the time we need them more than ever in recent history.

I think we will see more attacks like this one whether it's the Capitol or another government building or more ambushes of police officers no matter where they serve.

There has already been such terrible violence, and destruction in so many cities already, and I don't think there is an end in sight.

I don't know how violence can be contained if more breaks out if there is a reduction in our police force everywhere.

Already officers have left or retired with the CP. In this climate it's going to be very hard to get others to be police officers whether it's for the CP or anywhere else.

Thank goodness it hasn't happened where I live, and they have a full police force..both city, and county...to protect, and serve where we live, and they do a great job. I feel much safer when I know police officers are on duty.

Jmho

I think he was mentally ill and it may well have been a suicide act. I really don’t think he had a plan to cause terror in the legal sense despite his supposed affiliation with Farrakhan’s organization. From the article linked below, he apparently became religious after college, coinciding with paranoia and hallucinations.

LE is trained to shoot to kill in a situation like this, even when threatened with a knife, not a gun. I saw a demonstration on a TV program once that showed that someone with a knife can reach a target very quickly. So LE doesn’t take chances.

One of his last texts to his brother after leaving the apartment seems like a suicide note to me...

Brendan Green said his brother was violently ill Thursday evening in the Virginia apartment they shared, before he left and sent a forlorn text that was one of their final communications.

“ ‘I’m sorry but I’m just going to go and live and be homeless,’ ” Brendan Green said the text read. “Thank you for everything that you’ve done. I looked up to you when I was a kid. You inspired me a lot.”

JMO

I truly do not understand if someone wants to commit suicide suicide why they have to murder innocent people who have done nothing to them.

My husband nephew committed suicide when he was 24, but he didn't go on a rampage, and harm others.

What did CP Evan's ever do to this killer? Absolutely nothing just like the other officer he tried to murder did nothing to him.

He could have quietly committed suicide if that was his choice like many others have done. But he didn't. He chose to harm innocent others, and create grief, and trauma which will last forever for the living victim, and the devastated two families.

If he was capable of committing murder, which he was.. he darn sure could have found a way to kill himself, and not harm anyone else.

The way he did it reeks of narcissism. Imo.

Jmho

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB