DC DC - Chandra Levy, 24, Washington DC, 1 May 2001 *found deceased in 2002*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.fox5dc.com/news/183357512-story

The woman who came forward with the evidence against Morales is an actress who goes by the stage name of Babs Proller, but her real name is Beate Brandl.

snip

Sources familiar with the investigation said Morales is now in a witness protection program and the two met at a Maryland hotel where they were neighbors.

snip

However, here is another twist. Proller also has some baggage of her own. She has faced theft and fraud charges in the past in Anne Arundel County. Court records also show she has faced the same charges in western Maryland.

One thing about young women who might seem smitten with an older, married and influential guy- there are plenty more where that guy came from, and not unlikely, imo, that Chandra may also have a few guys, young and old, on the back burner.
imo, speculation.

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/183357512-story

The woman who came forward with the evidence against Morales is an actress who goes by the stage name of Babs Proller, but her real name is Beate Brandl.

snip

Sources familiar with the investigation said Morales is now in a witness protection program and the two met at a Maryland hotel where they were neighbors.

snip

However, here is another twist. Proller also has some baggage of her own. She has faced theft and fraud charges in the past in Anne Arundel County. Court records also show she has faced the same charges in western Maryland.

From 2013, other cases also can be found online:
http://6abc.com/archive/9015626/

Police say 47-year old Beate Proeller of Annapolis, Maryland stole close to 200 high priced electronic toothbrushes from the Kohl's department stores in Middletown Township and Morton Borough.

One thing about young women who might seem smitten with an older, married and influential guy- there are plenty more where that guy came from, and not unlikely, imo, that Chandra may also have a few guys, young and old, on the back burner.
imo, speculation.

That might seem not unlikely, but we have communications from Chandra to her aunt, her friends, and her parents that indicate she was like any other young woman in love, she was totally devoted to Condit. She spent most of her evenings hanging out at his condo even when he wasn't there. She messaged her aunt from there (because her aunt was only one who knew) and her Dupont Circle neighbors rarely saw her.

Does this mean that IG is likely guilty, but that can no longer be proved due to unreliable information?

http://jezebel.com/chandra-levys-murder-remains-unsolved-after-charges-dro-1784580189
On Thursday, the United States attorney’s office in Washington issued a brief statement that said in part: “Today, in the interests of justice and based on recent unforeseen developments that were investigated over the past week, the office moved to dismiss the case charging Ingmar Guandique with the May 2001 murder of Chandra Levy. The office has concluded that it can no longer prove the murder case against Mr. Guandique beyond a reasonable doubt.”

From 2013, other cases also can be found online:
http://6abc.com/archive/9015626/

Police say 47-year old Beate Proeller of Annapolis, Maryland stole close to 200 high priced electronic toothbrushes from the Kohl's department stores in Middletown Township and Morton Borough.

BBM

Seriously. If I am ever going to jail, it won't be for toothbrushes.

Does this mean that IG is likely guilty, but that can no longer be proved due to unreliable information?

http://jezebel.com/chandra-levys-murder-remains-unsolved-after-charges-dro-1784580189

It seems like the prosecutor or D.A allowed so much nonsense that was called out on, and the D.A said forget it. Jmo.

Maybe they covered up so much proof pointing at others. And got busted and now saying forget the entire case.

Wth.

We all know prosecutors rarely do that. The guy prior offenses would have found him re guilty alone.

I will now wait for the Enquire to expose some latest news in a few weeks and how the D.A will be forced to step down. Jmo for now.

I believe it means that the prosecution believes he's the perp, but they don't have enough evidence to prove it. The evidence was always circumstantial and very filmsy. With that said, I think he did it. I never believed Condit was involved in her death.

There are lots of cases out there where the police have a poi (and person may not even be mentioned in media) but not enough evidence to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

Chandra didn't jog, exercise outdoors, or even run on a treadmill in a gym. Chandra didn't place herself in a remote forest on top of the highest hill in DC for Guandiue or anyone else to murder her. For that matter the jogging trails where there are joggers and Guandique made his assaults are half a mile down on Rock Creek from up there. At least the closest one was. The other one was a couple of miles on down Rock Creek. The point beng neither Chandra nor Guandique was up there.

I'm not sure where it came to pass that women's bodies dumped in a remote area turned them into joggers that day to explain how they got there.

Chandra didn't jog, exercise outdoors, or even run on a treadmill in a gym. Chandra didn't place herself in a remote forest on top of the highest hill in DC for Guandiue or anyone else to murder her. For that matter the jogging trails where there are joggers and Guandique made his assaults are half a mile down on Rock Creek from up there. At least the closest one was. The other one was a couple of miles on down Rock Creek. The point beng neither Chandra nor Guandique was up there.

I'm not sure where it came to pass that women's bodies dumped in a remote area turned them into joggers that day to explain how they got there.

I think maybe this article may have confused a lot of people.

Ingmar Guandique was convicted of first-degree murder for attacking Levy while she exercised in Washington's Rock Creek Park in May 2001. Her disappearance made headlines when she was romantically linked to then-Rep. Gary Condit, D-Calif. Condit was once a suspect, but police no longer believe he was involved in her disappearance.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/40317461/...erdict-chandra-levy-murder-case/#.V52e8vkrKM8

Apparently, Proller recorded conversations with Morales where he admitted he lied.

Secret recordings emerged and the Chandra Levy case rapidly unraveled - The Washington Post

Does anybody know more about the alleged 911 call?

Chandra Levy Murder — New Witness Emerges 14 Years After Her Disappearance | Radar Online

Now, a neighbor of Levy’s has spoken with Guandique’s defense team, claiming she heard suspicious sounds on the last day Chandra was alive.

“She has told Mr. Guandique’s lawyers that she called 911 at 4:37 a.m., to report a ‘blood-curdling scream’ from a woman in extreme distress,” an insider told The ENQUIRER. “She said it may have come from Chandra’s apartment.”

oh certainly Tulessa, this is a huge point I've been trying to get people to understand for 15 years now. There are reporters that get it right, very few, but the good ones, and the rest who just report what the DC prosecutors say, which is understandable. It's the DC prosecutors who promulgate this lie because the alternative is someone with a car who dumped her body there. That didn't fit their agenda. Neither did Guandique passing a lie detector test about Chandra's murder back in 2001.

They changed it years later to inconclusive to fit their agenda. All they needed then was an inmate who would play ball with them for witness protection plan, and they moved Gandique into a Kentucky prison into his cell briefly to complete the deal.

I analyze the reporting from the beginning, including the jogging thing, in Murder on a Horse Trail. Do a search, it's on my site to read. You will find the reporting on jogging interesting, especially given the initial police statements that correctly stated that this was far from any jogging trails, that Chandra wasn't wearing shoes for running, and that it looked like her body was dumped there.

That all changed when some reporters started reporting that "friends" said that Chandra frequently jogged in Rock Creek Park. Her actual friends, with names, said that jogging was not even a concept she entertained. This was reported. But "friends' without names kept getting reported that she jogged regularly in Rock Creek Park.

My belief is that Condit was the "friend" without a name who told police that she jogged in Rock Creek Park. Now you have to understand that he lived across the street from a Rock Creek Park trail in Adams Morgan section south of the zoo, about a mile and half below Klingle Mansion which is about another mile and half below the hill location where Chandra was hidden, the so called picnic area 18 at top of Glover Road coming up from Beach Drive - Broad Branch Road intersection. So for Condit, Chandra walking from metro stop there could very easily walk on that walk a bit to his condo and he wouldn't be totally lying. Not just totally made up like Morales, because the trail there is part of Rock Creek Park.

But of course if people were take it to mean running up on the major jogging trails, well, that would be the intent.

In any event, reporters were getting this info from someone who claimed to be a "friend" without a name, and Condit is only one that fits that bill. And it fit his agenda. Because of course he also said Chandra was obsessed and distraught because he wouldn't take her calls, and that basically is how the police treated her disappearance and discovery in Rock Creek Park.

The Public Defenders handling the appeal found out about the 911 call and used it as part of their argument for a retrial. They sought out the information on it, it was not a random 14 year later lady contacts Guandique's lawyers to say she heard a scream, etc., at least unless she read the news that Guandique's lawyers were investigating it and contacted them before they contacted her.

Do a search on Chapter The Scream in Murder on a Horse Trail where I cover all that was known about it.

oh certainly Tulessa, this is a huge point I've been trying to get people to understand for 15 years now. There are reporters that get it right, very few, but the good ones, and the rest who just report what the DC prosecutors say, which is understandable. It's the DC prosecutors who promulgate this lie because the alternative is someone with a car who dumped her body there. That didn't fit their agenda. Neither did Guandique passing a lie detector test about Chandra's murder back in 2001.

They changed it years later to inconclusive to fit their agenda. All they needed then was an inmate who would play ball with them for witness protection plan, and they moved Gandique into a Kentucky prison into his cell briefly to complete the deal.

I analyze the reporting from the beginning, including the jogging thing, in Murder on a Horse Trail. Do a search, it's on my site to read. You will find the reporting on jogging interesting, especially given the initial police statements that correctly stated that this was far from any jogging trails, that Chandra wasn't wearing shoes for running, and that it looked like her body was dumped there.

That all changed when When Chandra disappeared some reporters started reporting that "friends" said that Chandra frequently jogged in Rock Creek Park. Her actual friends, with names, said that jogging was not even a concept she entertained. This was reported. But "friends' without names kept getting reported that she jogged regularly in Rock Creek Park.

My belief is that Condit was the "friend" without a name who told police that she jogged in Rock Creek Park. Now you have to understand that he lived across the street from a Rock Creek Park trail in Adams Morgan section south of the zoo, about a mile and half below Klingle Mansion which is about another mile and half below the hill location where Chandra was hidden, the so called picnic area 18 at top of Glover Road coming up from Beach Drive - Broad Branch Road intersection. So for Condit, Chandra walking from metro stop there could very easily walk on that walk a bit to his condo and he wouldn't be totally lying. Not just totally made up like Morales, because the trail there is part of Rock Creek Park.

But of course if people were take it to mean running up on the major jogging trails, well, that would be the intent.

In any event, reporters were getting this info from someone who claimed to be a "friend" without a name, and Condit is only one that fits that bill. And it fit his agenda. Because of course he also said Chandra was obsessed and distraught because he wouldn't take her calls, and that basically is how the police treated her disappearance and discovery in Rock Creek Park.

"That all changed when" should read "When Chandra disappeared".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...81cc16-582c-11e6-9aee-8075993d73a2_story.html

Ingmar Guandique, the man previously charged with the 2001 slaying of federal intern Chandra Levy, was released from D.C. jail Saturday and placed in the custody of immigration officials after prosecutors dismissed charges against him in the 15-year-old case.

A spokeswoman for the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said Monday that Guandique was in the agency’s custody and that he is awaiting a hearing in immigration court.

I had been thinking that this was another of those cases where nothing makes sense, and because it doesnt sell papers, people would just forget about it. But it is nice to see some activity with the case.
Wasnt there a neighbor who had heard a scream the day of the Chandra's disappearance?
And some security tapes of the residence went missing?
And isnt Morales also from Modesto? That is stunning to me.
And one of the LE officers eventually worked at the Capitol Building. Which seems like a worthy line of questioning. Was it a reward to be a sergeant at arms?

I hadn't seen that about Morales. Certainly interesting. He's described as was a gangleader in Fresno. Another of those coincidences in this case that's too much to be a coincidence?.

Gainer the assistant chief was given head of Capitol Police. The possibilities there definitely hasn't been lost on me although Gainer was one of the better ones in that group dealing with Chandra's disappearance. I did note in the book that everyone competent seemed to be an ex DC detective.

The security tape for that day wasn't saved or asked for by police and was overtaped. The police said no problem, would have been grainy anyway. If anyone has seen my comments in the Jennifer Kesse disappearance you can see where I'm coming from on this. Goes way back.

I hadn't seen that about Morales. Certainly interesting. He's described as was a gangleader in Fresno. Another of those coincidences in this case that's too much to be a coincidence?.

I will have to go back and reread some of the articles about him. It is likely I have my Modesto's and my Fresno's commingled.

RD, I havent seen your comments regarding Kesse. That person seen walking away from the car seems interesting though. Is it coveralls he is wearing?

This case does bring to mind the Vince Foster investigation.

My work on the images of person walking away from car too extensive to discuss in this thread but lots of discussion in the Jennifer Kesse thread.

Re: Morales, even Fresno is quite a coincidence.for a random person to be perjuring a close to the Chandra Levy case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back