DC DC - Chandra Levy, 24, Washington DC, 1 May 2001 *found deceased in 2002*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree it wouldn't seem to be in character. However we've seen a lot of men make inconvenient women disappear since that time, was murder in character for those men? These are almost always a crime of passion, not that of the character of a murderer.
But the upcoming re-trial of Guandique is presenting the possibility of accidental death due to bondage sex, the point being that with only circumstantial evidence the circumstances point to Chandra being bound up and dead and the mistress of a man who practiced bondage sex.

I have always believed Condit was guilty. But then I don't trust politicians, the majority of whom are nothing more than smooth talking con men, IMO, and most of them will do anything, Anything, to keep their true selves from being exposed and to protect their position. Jmo

I'll look up your book, sounds interesting.

My work on the images of person walking away from car too extensive to discuss in this thread but lots of discussion in the Jennifer Kesse thread.

Re: Morales, even Fresno is quite a coincidence.for a random person to be perjuring a close to the Chandra Levy case.

I agree about Morales. I read that he was only in a cell with him for two weeks. And this case has been a mess from the very beginning. Do you have any idea of who could have put Morales into the position of being able to "snitch" on Guandique? Is there a paper trail of who transferred him to the same cell or who might have met with Morales prior?

I think in many cases like this one, there is a pattern of character assassination of those with opposing opinions. Especially cases in which the attorneys hire their own private investigators. They seem to muddy the water more than anything. Regarding Gainer, I am surprised anybody made it out of this investigation unscathed. He not only survived, he seems to have done very well.

Chandra Levy's parents speak out

[video=youtube;B6chQa9mW8M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6chQa9mW8M[/video]

I agree about Morales. I read that he was only in a cell with him for two weeks. And this case has been a mess from the very beginning. Do you have any idea of who could have put Morales into the position of being able to "snitch" on Guandique? Is there a paper trail of who transferred him to the same cell or who might have met with Morales prior?

The Public Defenders tried and tried to get the paper trail, and this is another thing in Chandra Levy's murder the government is hiding. It literally took years of hearings with a judge atempting to force the Justice Department to reveal the truth about even this one incident. at least the DC prosecutors trying to close Chandra's murder appear to treat it as a game, and getting a conviction on lies a win.

I have been railing against this for many years. I want justice for Chandra, not let's see who we can pin this on by the Justice Department.

The basics of the government contention that Chandra was jogging in Rock Creek Park is a bald faced lie by the police and prosecutors to place Chandra where her remains were found. Even the slightest knowledge of Chandra's life, for example, not a jogger even on a treadmill, and the incidents in her life, her behavior, her history, her location, her attire, what she did and didn't have with her, and the context in which she disappeared would not allow any reasonable person to claim that Chandra decided to become a jogger the day she disappeared and was on the steepest, slipperiest horse trail running up the highest, steepest hill in DC in a dense, remote forest.

No one. Not anyone that has ever checked for messages every few minutes for an entire day, as Chandra did the day before, would believe she left without her cell phone. What did she do the previous night and all morning? Search on Condit on the internet.

Anyone should know who she was waiting on a message from, and should know that when she logged off the internet a few miinutes after Condit left a meeting with VP Cheney, a name Condit dragged into this when he requested the meeting the day before, who she was meeting.

Condit wasn't seen again for 5 1/2 hours after he left Cheney's office, and Chandra was never seen again alive.

rd

The Public Defenders tried and tried to get the paper trail, and this is another thing in Chandra Levy's murder the government is hiding. It literally took years of hearings with a judge atempting to force the Justice Department to reveal the truth about even this one incident. at least the DC prosecutors trying to close Chandra's murder appear to treat it as a game, and getting a conviction on lies a win.

I have been railing against this for many years. I want justice for Chandra, not let's see who we can pin this on by the Justice Department.
rd

If the fact that Morales was from CA is important, is it that the strings were being pulled by someone with a power base in CA? And it was someone, who for what ever reason, felt that Morales was someone that could be trusted or controlled, and it was someone who had an interest in Condit's career, who could that have been? I wouldnt think Condit would have known Morales, so is there anyone who would have been between them? Before Condit arrived in DC, and he was a CA politician, he had a reputation as being someone who enjoyed the perks of his position. Have you researched who his political supporters and allies were in CA, and then seen who could have exerted enough pressure to derail this investigation in DC?

Personally, if Condit was guilty of the murder, I dont think he could have handled the removal and disposing of her body without help. I also dont think he could have screwed up the investigation by himself, especially when his reputation was free falling like it did once it was determined that he had been having an affair with her. IMO, if Condit was involved, then he had to have someone powerful helping. Possibly someone who was powerful enough to reward cooperative LE with jobs and promotions. I believe that is the way politicians, law enforcement, and newspapers worked in the past, only in this modern age do we seem to have access to better information about these relationships.

BTW, has anyone looked closely at Condit's personal driver and his CA connections?

You raise a lot of interesting questions which needs addressing. Looking forward to everyone's input.

Regarding Flammini the driver, he was fired by Condit around when Chandra was interning with California governor Gray's staff, including Condit's kids, for getting too personal driving Condit around to meetups with women after picking Condit up at airports.

I look at any "help" received to steer government toward what happened as like when Chandra was abruptly told to leave the Bureau of Prison's PR paid internship job the Friday after she asked Condit about a black minister and his daughter and his warning to her mother. Whatever the situation, Chandra didn't know what happened, Condit's wife flew into town, and Chandra disappeared. And I think no one at Bureau of Prison's knows they were manipulated in some way to check on Chandra's internship requirements, perhaps in some manner having idea planted that she was jeapordizing the PR office.

Odd notes that show up here and there. That seems to be the way events were influenced.

I think there would have to be public and media pressure, including from the parents, to force the DC Police to admit that Chandra's bound body was brought and hidden in a secluded, inaccessble portion of Rock Creek Park before they would address the incidents surrounding her disappearance.

The basics of the government contention that Chandra was jogging in Rock Creek Park is a bald faced lie by the police and prosecutors to place Chandra where her remains were found. Even the slightest knowledge of Chandra's life, for example, not a jogger even on a treadmill, and the incidents in her life, her behavior, her history, her location, her attire, what she did and didn't have with her, and the context in which she disappeared would not allow any reasonable person to claim that Chandra decided to become a jogger the day she disappeared and was on the steepest, slipperiest horse trail running up the highest, steepest hill in DC in a dense, remote forest.

No one. Not anyone that has ever checked for messages every few minutes for an entire day, as Chandra did the day before, would believe she left without her cell phone. What did she do the previous night and all morning? Search on Condit on the internet.

Anyone should know who she was waiting on a message from, and should know that when she logged off the internet a few miinutes after Condit left a meeting with VP Cheney, a name Condit dragged into this when he requested the meeting the day before, who she was meeting.

Condit wasn't seen again for 5 1/2 hours after he left Cheney's office, and Chandra was never seen again alive.

rd

Here
s my question: Did she have jogging clothes on?? If so wouldn't that prove she was jogging?!

And here's my question...didn't Condit have a brother that had done time in prison, or at least lived somewhat of a criminal life?

Seems I vaguely remember that.

On another note,,, someone would have to know of that desolate, way out of the way spot where she was found..no?
I believe her remains were disposed of there at Condit's instructions.

Here's my question: Did she have jogging clothes on?? If so wouldn't that prove she was jogging?!

Here's what she was wearing as reported.

WJLA Washington DC May 24:
"Clothing including tennis shoes, a jogging bra and a sweat shirt also were found."

Washington Post May 23:
"A neighbor in the Newport said she lived in the apartment just above Levy's and had often seen her in the mailroom or leaving the building, wearing jogging clothes and her Walkman."

(Walkman was found with her remains)

Washington Post May 24:
"a sweat shirt from the University of Southern California; leotards"

Washington Post May 25 (Sari Horwitz and Allan Lengel):
"stretch leggings knotted in a way that suggests they might have been used to restrain her"

Washington Post May 26 (Steve Twomey and Sari Horwitz):
"jogging bra, Reebok tennis shoes, running tights tied in a knot, University of Southern California sweat shirt"

Washington Post May 5, 2003: (Allan Lengel"
"leggings knotted at the bottom of both ends, leading some authorities to suspect that she may have been restrained and sexually assaulted."

Cox Washington Bureau May 25:
"a University of Southern California sweatshirt, a sports bra, and tennis shoes"

Washington Times May 25:
"a University of Southern California T-shirt, shorts, running tights, a red sports bra and running shoes."

Washington Times May 28:
"tied up with her own clothing, her hands bound by her tights"

Washington Times May 30:
"a University of Southern California T-shirt that police initially said was a sweatshirt, a pair of running shoes, running tights, underwear, a red sports bra"

Note the repeated description of University of Southern California T-shirt, running tights, and running shoes which you will see compared to other descriptions is a very deliberate depiction of her as a jogger. Given the initial police statements farther down, this has the appearance of a deliberate attempt to influence the investigation.

Daily Telegraph UK May 26:
Knotted leotard clue to death of Chandra Levy
"torn leotard twisted into a rope"

NY Post May 26:
"knotted leotard"

NY Post May 26:
"spandex legging, found inside out and knotted on both ends, indicating the possibility that she was restrained and sexually assaulted, police say."

CNN May 29:
"sweatshirt, sneakers"

Los Angeles Times May 29:
"friend Mike Vanden Bosch (both newsroom assistants at the Modesto Bee newspaper) recalled her smoky voice, her loud laugh, and her ever-present sweat shirt from the University of Southern California"

San Jose Mercury News May 29:
"Of all the things Mike Vanden Bosch remembers about his friend Chandra Levy, the one that made him laugh Tuesday was that USC sweatshirt.

She wore it everywhere, he told more than 1,000 people at her public memorial. Even in the oppressive heat of Central Valley summers, Levy insisted on wearing that sweatshirt, he said, laughing."

Personal note: Not only do people not run in a sweat shirt on a warm day, they certainly don't in a sweat shirt they wear constantly. For those that would say she took her sweatshirt off to run, and there were some of those back in the day, the thought of Chandra running in a sports bra should be enough for any woman to know that well endowed Chandra was not bouncing down highways and byways and horse trails in a bra. Women will understand that is why she wore the sweatshirt everywhere to start with.

This is basic behavioral knowledge that is overrriden by a government agenda to have Chandra place herself in Rock Creek Park where her remains were found for reasons that find the alternative of someone hiding her body there not something DC Justice wanted to pursue. Far from it.

Modesto BEE WASHINGTON BUREAU May 29:
"University of Southern California shirt, a sports bra, and shoes not made for serious running."

Modesto BEE WASHINGTON BUREAU July 16:
"a University of Southern California shirt and her leggings"

Daily News Washington Bureau May 30:
"her leggings were knotted into what police believe were restraints.

And there are questions about whether Levy was out jogging at all. The site is 5 miles from her apartment; she usually avoided running in the park. And according to the Farmers' Almanac, it was 82 degrees on the afternoon of May 1, 2001 - hot for jogging."

ABC News June 4:
"spandex leggings that were found with knots tied in them, suggesting she may have been sexually assaulted."

Post from libra1009 (on the original ChandraLevy.com site):
"I just want to respond about the spandex leggings being casual wear. I seem to remember in one of the home videos that was shown on the news, the one where Chandra is discussing some classes and a paper she had written, she was wearing a sweatshirt over black leggings. I'm sure you've seen the home video. I believe it is the one released where we all heard her voice for the first time. She was sitting in her parents' house in an ulphostered chair, talking about a paper she had written. She then got out of the chair, apparently to retrieve the paper to show her parents. It was then you could definitely see her dressed in the sweatshirt and leggings. I'm sure this video has been played over and over on all the news channels. Hope that helps."

My response:
"I think that background should be kept in mind when it is said she was dressed for jogging. She was dressed casually as she always did. That is a very important point, and pointing that out in the video really helps to prove it. Thanks."

summary of Tom Squitieri from USA Today interview on Fox from poster Rita on cl.com:
"Squitieri reiterated that Chandra was not a jogger, she obviously was going to the park to meet someone and was waiting for someone to call. When they did, she got up and left.

Out of all that he said, a theory he had about the tights were interesting, he said they could have been used to restrain her but also, to get her where she was, the tights could have been used as a carrying device. He said she was in a ravine, so the tights could have been used to help carry her there.

Squitieri believes this was a hastily planned affair because of the shallow grave, his point being that had it been planned longer, it would have been better planned.

He was asked about the fact Ann Marie Smith saw evidence of tying up under his bed, and Squitieri said that several women had reported this to him independent of AMS, they didn't even know AMS existed at that time, so it was not a copy cat type of thing. So he was sure that bondage was a part of Condit's MO."

Note: Rita was disabled from MS and was painful for her to type. This was a real effort for her to post, and showed how dedicated she was as I'm sure most here understand.

In addition to her normal casual clothes she wore, how did the DC Justice people change her to jogging from this?:

Washington Post July 14:
"Her friends and relatives say she was not a jogger, was not familiar with the park and had expressed safety concerns about being in Rock Creek Park by herself."

USA Today May 23:
"That suggests to some that she was accosted and killed while jogging, probably shortly after e-mailing her family in California on May 1, 2001.

But police cautioned against that conclusion, noting that the remains were found far from known jogging trails."

O'Reilly Factor with guest Rita Cosby May 23:
"O'REILLY: Now, you don' t believe she was jogging, do you?

COSBY: No, I don't, and police do not believe she was jogging. That area was so thickly wooded, so many rocks in that area, it's not a common place to jog. So they're saying she must have been brought there, or that could be a secondary site, even.

At the top of the, it's interesting, there's a grove area, as they're describing, a place where even a car could park. So it is possible that either she was lured to that area or that part was just the location where maybe they dropped the body off."

On the Record with Greta with guest Ted Williams May 31:
"TED WILLIAMS, FORMER D.C. HOMICIDE DETECTIVE: But, you know, Greta, I'm very concerned.

VAN SUSTEREN: And that is because, Ted, because the body -- at least in your view, your hypothesis -- and this is a hypothesis at this point -- had to be moved from some distance?

WILLIAMS: Yes. I would think that it would have, even if you were at the top of the hill and you threw the body down.

Listen, Greta, let's be very realistic. When you're talking about rapists who murder, people who rob, who kill, those individuals will rob, kill, and get out of there. They will rape, kill, and move out in a hurry. They don't take time to try to get rid of a body. Somebody methodically attempted to get rid of the body of Chandra Levy, as far as I'm concerned."

"The nearest footpath is the rugged Western Ridge Trail, about 100 feet higher than where Levy's remains were found."

"Police already have rummaged through a picnic area overlooking the site and reportedly are studying the possibility that Levy's body was dumped from above."

NY Post May 26:
"Evidence collected at the spot where her remains were found points away from her being killed in a random attack while she was jogging, the sources said.

Cops found a knotted leotard next to the remains, leading them to believe she was tied up before she died.

In addition, the spot where she was found is four miles from her apartment building and there are no real jogging paths there. It is not easily accessible by car."

Note: The "not easily accessible by car" is a bit literal. As her remains were halfway down a forested slope of the tallest hill in DC hidden in a depression, her remains were obviously not accessible by car, but climbing back up to the top of the hill you are about 75 yards into the forest from Glover Road and picnic table 18.

It is actually ideal for driving up to at dusk and toting a body (one man who spends a lot of a time in the gym could haul her 110 pound corpse, the majority was sliding down a gravelly slope) out the "No Horses" path which actually doesn't go anywhere, just circles around the peak and back to Glover Road at picnic table 16. Then drop straight down the hill through the trees with extremely poor footing and deposit the body in a depression under leaves.

Toss her sunglasses on out the No Horses path a few yards and her Walkman downhill a little and you've set up a staged sexual assault in the middle of nowhere coming from nowhere. But don't expect anyone who hasn't been there to understand that, the jury especially had no idea.

Oh and take her CL engraved ring, bracelet given to her by her Congressman boyfriend, and her keys to stage a robbery with the assault, and you're good to go.

Works for what passes as justice in DC.

rd

And here's my question...didn't Condit have a brother that had done time in prison, or at least lived somewhat of a criminal life?

Seems I vaguely remember that.

On another note,,, someone would have to know of that desolate, way out of the way spot where she was found..no?
I believe her remains were disposed of there at Condit's instructions.

Condit's other brother Darrell was a fugitive in both California and Florida, and living in Florida under a false identity. Despite being wanted in two states, the previous year, October, when Condit was taking up with Chandra in DC, he had been jailed in Florida. Even having served time in five federal prisons and a fugitive for six years wanted in both California and Florida, he was released. What it would take to accomplish that?

Then when Condit was in the news and Darrell's name was mentioned, Florida started looking for him closer, and found him in a Ft. Lauderdale motel living under an assumed name. And lo and behold a former Watergate lawyer showed up and bailed him out with $50,000, as if, you know you'll lose this if Darrell doesn't make his court appearance. And Darrell didn't show up for his court appearance a few months later.

Who would be willing to pay $50,000 to keep Darrell from the temptation of making deals with the police, and why?

It's easy to point fingers and that's not what anyone wants to do, but there were vague reports that Darrell was missing from his temp job for a couple of weeks and National Enquier said he came back limping. No other source reported anything about this so unknown how hallucinatory it is, but DC Police refused to look into it when his name was mentioned from sources in Modesto. Would have been very helpful to have been able to confirm his whereabouts that day such as was on the temp job he had.

Add to that that Condit threw away the box a Tag Heuer watch comes in, at a Virginia park trashcan so that it wouldn't be connected with him in his trash, which is very strange indeed. The fact that Dayton was driving him from Dayton's house in Virginia to Condit's condo in Adams Morgan section of DC to meet a police forensics team who were going to examine his condo for any information about Chandra's disappearance certainly added to the intrigue.

Essentially it was getting rid of evidence, but evidence of what?

I also have notes that Condit told police that he had a relative staying with him a few weeks before Chandra disappeared. He uses that as an excuse for why he didn't see her. Who would that relative be that coincides with time Darrell was said not be at his temp job back in Florida?

Some employment records, a verifiable alibi, other temp workers who could have vouched for him being there on the job would have simplified things. But DC Police didn't and still don't want to investigate anything other than a jogger murdered in Rock Creek Park. So things are not simpler. They are much more complicated.

The Tag Heuer watch is gone, which seems to me to be an inauditable item of value to give to someone for something.

But what?

On the other hand, Condit would have been in front of a camera when Chandra disappeared if he could have. But he wasn't.

rd

Thank you RD. Your posts are very informative and thought provoking.

Do you have any info or thoughts regarding the DNA found on the clothing which hasnt been accounted for? That does seem to imply some type of sexual attack. Do you know what steps LE has taken to identify this DNA? I would think its presence should have widened the scope of the investigation, but it seems LE ignores it. Why is that? I would also guess that its very presence, and the lack of a credible witness to the confession, would it make it very hard for a jury not to have a reasonable doubt in terms of Guandique's guilt.

Here's what she was wearing as reported.

WJLA Washington DC May 24:
"Clothing including tennis shoes, a jogging bra and a sweat shirt also were found."

Washington Post May 23:
"A neighbor in the Newport said she lived in the apartment just above Levy's and had often seen her in the mailroom or leaving the building, wearing jogging clothes and her Walkman."

(Walkman was found with her remains)

Washington Post May 24:
"a sweat shirt from the University of Southern California; leotards"

Washington Post May 25 (Sari Horwitz and Allan Lengel):
"stretch leggings knotted in a way that suggests they might have been used to restrain her"

Washington Post May 26 (Steve Twomey and Sari Horwitz):
"jogging bra, Reebok tennis shoes, running tights tied in a knot, University of Southern California sweat shirt"

Washington Post May 5, 2003: (Allan Lengel"
"leggings knotted at the bottom of both ends, leading some authorities to suspect that she may have been restrained and sexually assaulted."

Cox Washington Bureau May 25:
"a University of Southern California sweatshirt, a sports bra, and tennis shoes"

Washington Times May 25:
"a University of Southern California T-shirt, shorts, running tights, a red sports bra and running shoes."

Washington Times May 28:
"tied up with her own clothing, her hands bound by her tights"

Washington Times May 30:
"a University of Southern California T-shirt that police initially said was a sweatshirt, a pair of running shoes, running tights, underwear, a red sports bra"

Note the repeated description of University of Southern California T-shirt, running tights, and running shoes which you will see compared to other descriptions is a very deliberate depiction of her as a jogger. Given the initial police statements farther down, this has the appearance of a deliberate attempt to influence the investigation.

Daily Telegraph UK May 26:
Knotted leotard clue to death of Chandra Levy
"torn leotard twisted into a rope"

NY Post May 26:
"knotted leotard"

NY Post May 26:
"spandex legging, found inside out and knotted on both ends, indicating the possibility that she was restrained and sexually assaulted, police say."

CNN May 29:
"sweatshirt, sneakers"

"friend Mike Vanden Bosch (both newsroom assistants at the Modesto Bee newspaper) recalled her smoky voice, her loud laugh, and her ever-present sweat shirt from the University of Southern California"

San Jose Mercury News May 29:
"Of all the things Mike Vanden Bosch remembers about his friend Chandra Levy, the one that made him laugh Tuesday was that USC sweatshirt.

She wore it everywhere, he told more than 1,000 people at her public memorial. Even in the oppressive heat of Central Valley summers, Levy insisted on wearing that sweatshirt, he said, laughing."

Personal note: Not only do people not run in a sweat shirt on a warm day, they certainly don't in a sweat shirt they wear constantly. For those that would say she took her sweatshirt off to run, and there were some of those back in the day, the thought of Chandra running in a sports bra should be enough for any woman to know that well endowed Chandra was not bouncing down highways and byways and horse trails in a bra. Women will understand that is why she wore the sweatshirt everywhere to start with.

This is basic behavioral knowledge that is overrriden by a government agenda to have Chandra place herself in Rock Creek Park where her remains were found for reasons that find the alternative of someone hiding her body there not something DC Justice wanted to pursue. Far from it.

"University of Southern California shirt, a sports bra, and shoes not made for serious running."

Modesto BEE WASHINGTON BUREAU July 16:
"a University of Southern California shirt and her leggings"

Daily News Washington Bureau May 30:
"her leggings were knotted into what police believe were restraints.

And there are questions about whether Levy was out jogging at all. The site is 5 miles from her apartment; she usually avoided running in the park. And according to the Farmers' Almanac, it was 82 degrees on the afternoon of May 1, 2001 - hot for jogging."

ABC News June 4:
"spandex leggings that were found with knots tied in them, suggesting she may have been sexually assaulted."

Post from libra1009 (on the original ChandraLevy.com site):
"I just want to respond about the spandex leggings being casual wear. I seem to remember in one of the home videos that was shown on the news, the one where Chandra is discussing some classes and a paper she had written, she was wearing a sweatshirt over black leggings. I'm sure you've seen the home video. I believe it is the one released where we all heard her voice for the first time. She was sitting in her parents' house in an ulphostered chair, talking about a paper she had written. She then got out of the chair, apparently to retrieve the paper to show her parents. It was then you could definitely see her dressed in the sweatshirt and leggings. I'm sure this video has been played over and over on all the news channels. Hope that helps."

My response:
"I think that background should be kept in mind when it is said she was dressed for jogging. She was dressed casually as she always did. That is a very important point, and pointing that out in the video really helps to prove it. Thanks."

summary of Tom Squitieri from USA Today interview on Fox from poster Rita on cl.com:
"Squitieri reiterated that Chandra was not a jogger, she obviously was going to the park to meet someone and was waiting for someone to call. When they did, she got up and left.

Out of all that he said, a theory he had about the tights were interesting, he said they could have been used to restrain her but also, to get her where she was, the tights could have been used as a carrying device. He said she was in a ravine, so the tights could have been used to help carry her there.

Squitieri believes this was a hastily planned affair because of the shallow grave, his point being that had it been planned longer, it would have been better planned.

He was asked about the fact Ann Marie Smith saw evidence of tying up under his bed, and Squitieri said that several women had reported this to him independent of AMS, they didn't even know AMS existed at that time, so it was not a copy cat type of thing. So he was sure that bondage was a part of Condit's MO."

Note: Rita was disabled from MS and was painful for her to type. This was a real effort for her to post, and showed how dedicated she was as I'm sure most here understand.

In addition to her normal casual clothes she wore, how did the DC Justice people change her to jogging from this?:

Washington Post July 14:
"Her friends and relatives say she was not a jogger, was not familiar with the park and had expressed safety concerns about being in Rock Creek Park by herself."

USA Today May 23:
"That suggests to some that she was accosted and killed while jogging, probably shortly after e-mailing her family in California on May 1, 2001.

But police cautioned against that conclusion, noting that the remains were found far from known jogging trails."

O'Reilly Factor with guest Rita Cosby May 23:
"O'REILLY: Now, you don' t believe she was jogging, do you?

COSBY: No, I don't, and police do not believe she was jogging. That area was so thickly wooded, so many rocks in that area, it's not a common place to jog. So they're saying she must have been brought there, or that could be a secondary site, even.

At the top of the, it's interesting, there's a grove area, as they're describing, a place where even a car could park. So it is possible that either she was lured to that area or that part was just the location where maybe they dropped the body off."

On the Record with Greta with guest Ted Williams May 31:
"TED WILLIAMS, FORMER D.C. HOMICIDE DETECTIVE: But, you know, Greta, I'm very concerned.

VAN SUSTEREN: And that is because, Ted, because the body -- at least in your view, your hypothesis -- and this is a hypothesis at this point -- had to be moved from some distance?

WILLIAMS: Yes. I would think that it would have, even if you were at the top of the hill and you threw the body down.

Listen, Greta, let's be very realistic. When you're talking about rapists who murder, people who rob, who kill, those individuals will rob, kill, and get out of there. They will rape, kill, and move out in a hurry. They don't take time to try to get rid of a body. Somebody methodically attempted to get rid of the body of Chandra Levy, as far as I'm concerned."

"The nearest footpath is the rugged Western Ridge Trail, about 100 feet higher than where Levy's remains were found."

"Police already have rummaged through a picnic area overlooking the site and reportedly are studying the possibility that Levy's body was dumped from above."

NY Post May 26:
"Evidence collected at the spot where her remains were found points away from her being killed in a random attack while she was jogging, the sources said.

Cops found a knotted leotard next to the remains, leading them to believe she was tied up before she died.

In addition, the spot where she was found is four miles from her apartment building and there are no real jogging paths there. It is not easily accessible by car."

Note: The "not easily accessible by car" is a bit literal. As her remains were halfway down a forested slope of the tallest hill in DC hidden in a depression, her remains were obviously not accessible by car, but climbing back up to the top of the hill you are about 75 yards into the forest from Glover Road and picnic table 18.

It is actually ideal for driving up to at dusk and toting a body (one man who spends a lot of a time in the gym could haul her 110 pound corpse, the majority was sliding down a gravelly slope) out the "No Horses" path which actually doesn't go anywhere, just circles around the peak and back to Glover Road at picnic table 16. Then drop straight down the hill through the trees with extremely poor footing and deposit the body in a depression under leaves.

Toss her sunglasses on out the No Horses path a few yards and her Walkman downhill a little and you've set up a staged sexual assault in the middle of nowhere coming from nowhere. But don't expect anyone who hasn't been there to understand that, the jury especially had no idea.

Oh and take her CL engraved ring, bracelet given to her by her Congressman boyfriend, and her keys to stage a robbery with the assault, and you're good to go.

Works for what passes as justice in DC.

rd

Interesting, where is Condit these days, is he still in politics?

Condit is in Phoenix area I believe, through the years there were reports he was trying to get back into politics as a consultant, his son ran in a California race but lost.

I believe he is the only one that could be the source of original reports that Chandra was a frequent jogger in Rock Creek Park, or jogged at all for that matter.

That is some pretty damning stuff in Guandique's arrest warrant.

One witness goes bad, but the rest...

Credit to the OP http://ticklethewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/ingmar-guandique-arrest-warrant.pdf

It was ginned up about as bad as any good old fashioned lynching. I have never seen anything more about this employer that was quoted as saying that Guandique didn't show up for work that one particular day, May 1. In fact I haven't seen anything about any Guandique employment.

The landlady testimony was a year later at grand jury, said to have recalled face injuries right around that time. By trial time nine years later, she recalled it specifically to that one particular day, May 1. Meanwhile his girlfriend didn't recall any face scratches at all.

As I posted at the time, this could all be settled by showing Guandique's mugshot taken six days later when he was arrested for breaking in to a neighbor's apartment and running out with a ring when the neighbor showed up. That mugshot has never been produced to show these memorable facial scratches the landlady recalled so vividly years later to the day.

And by the way, the landlady harbored illegal aliens. I'm pretty sure she'd say whatever the police told her to say. And given the various information in this indictment, the police were very "helpful".

Does anyone find it strange that a brutal bound with her tights murderer is scared when a lady walks into her apartment and sees him? He ran out with a ring and still had the ring and screwdriver he used to pry the lock when police showed up and found him in the area. Anyone want to contend this is the bound with her own tights murderer six days earlier?

Please. The DC Police and Prosecutors just don't care about facts. They ginned up a hallucinatory indictment and called it a day.

Close enough for government work.

rd

Thank you RD. Your posts are very informative and thought provoking.

Do you have any info or thoughts regarding the DNA found on the clothing which hasnt been accounted for? That does seem to imply some type of sexual attack. Do you know what steps LE has taken to identify this DNA? I would think its presence should have widened the scope of the investigation, but it seems LE ignores it. Why is that? I would also guess that its very presence, and the lack of a credible witness to the confession, would it make it very hard for a jury not to have a reasonable doubt in terms of Guandique's guilt.

The presence of DNA on Chandra's leggings that wasn't Guandique didn't faze anyone associated with the DC prosecutors, including the jury. This would free anyone else that had been convicted of murder, but for this crew they trotted out someone to say it was "contamination", and the DNA was not in a database.

There's a real good example of the integrity of the DC Prosecutors involved in this case. There's lots more, but this was a prime example.

It was ginned up about as bad as any good old fashioned lynching. I have never seen anything more about this employer that was quoted as saying that Guandique didn't show up for work that one particular day, May 1. In fact I haven't seen anything about any Guandique employment.

The landlady testimony...snip
rd

RSBM

Never mind the multiple women Guandique attacked in almost the exact same location (which just happened to be within short walking distance of his residence) who each positively identified him as the man who stalked and attacked them. Never mind the multiple people he told about killing "the girl in the park."

You choose to ignore quite a bit that can't be explained away by grand conspiracy.

I have no problem with Condit being guilty, but, IMHO, evidence led them to Guandique. This guy was no boy scout.

Your argument for conspiracy is compelling until one reads the other side. Conspiracy sells, though.

I don't intend to respond further. No wish to argue and I have stated my stance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouTanner
Back