DC DC - Chandra Levy, 24, Washington DC, 1 May 2001 *found deceased in 2002*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've yet to respond to some of your previous comments, but will take the opportunity to respond to these now.

Both the completely destroyed hard drive and cerebral hemorrhage note are from testimony in Guandique trial. The note especially was completely out of left field. Discussion determined that finding it on her counter was related to police searching her apartrment, visiting Condit, and coming back next day and finding her computer completely inoperable and the cerebral hemorrhage note on her counter. None of this was connected or commented upon at time back in 2001. It is only through one side remark from Gainer to explain delay that we knew hard drive had to have data read off of it.

<RSBM>

excerpt from Washington Examiner:
"Domboski testified that when she removed the hard drive for examination, the forensic exam station did not recognize the data."

my comments:
It's clear that the "obliteration" was meant to lose everything on Chandra's computer. It took a facility to take Chandra's hard drive apart and read the data with a special read head to find out what was on her computer.

And I think it's pretty obvious who didn't want that information known. And it wasn't Guandique.

I can't even do more than guess where the note about cerebral hemorrhage on her kitchen counter, kept secret all this time by DC police, fits in with the secret overnight attempted destruction of her computer while a search warrant was being obtained.

rd

It is possible that Team GC held an influence over the Security Officer/Manager at CLs apt bldg; inferring the guy who refused the parents request for him to open her apt door and physically perform a wellness check on their daughter. Who was paying CLs rent? I've never seen it written that CL paid for her own apt and only that her parents paid her cell phone bill. Know, at first in DC, that CL rented one place that her parents were not happy with so she moved into the apt close to Dupont Circle, so, maybe they were helping her with rent payments.

Guandique Evidence
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/metro/chandra-levy-ingmar-guandique-evidence/
Includes phone messages left by GC on CLs answering machine:
"On May 2 or May 3, Condit left two messages for Levy on the answering machine at her 21st Street NW apartment, he has testified. In the first, he was trying to arrange a time to meet. In the second, he was assuming, having not heard back from Levy, that she'd already left Washington."

Lie! There is no way CL would leave DC without first seeing GC. She was in her apt. waiting for him to contact her. He did. She left her apt. and vanished.

WP Archives
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/metro/crime/levy/

Original Documents File
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...7/16/ST2008071600582.html?sid=ST2008071600582

Very nice to know you've been there and seen it. Beautiful but spooky is apt. Things like making Chandra a jogger when she wasn't, ignoring the effects of a decomposing body, and even having Guandique up there at Grove 18 is just a mind numbingly ignoring of the facts and reality. Did any of these prosecutors even walk up that massive hill from Beach Drive to grove 18 to have any idea of their claim that Chandra was assaulted on the No Horses path into the forest from grove 18?

They surely didn't let the jury see it because then they might have some idea of what the prosecutors were claiming. I mean these ethics averse people just don't care at all what they tell an ignorant jury to get their conviction.

That is not justice for Chandra or whoever the prosecution is allegedly seeking justice for.

I don't know where Chandra's body decomposed, there was no sign of DNA from decomposition at the Rock Creek Park site of her remains, but I find it very odd that Condit hightailed it off the House floor when he got word that the DC police were searching around his condo building, and was heard from next by Ann Marie Smith at midnight. The phone number that showed up on her cell phone was a pay phone in Luray, Virginia, well inland into Virginia from DC.

Condit had given instructions to another former mistress about getting rid of dead bodies, his body presumably should he die while with her, and first off was to call a number, using a pay phone.

rd

Yes, indeed, the area is exquisitely consumed with historical significance from times gone by. I spent a short amount of time in the DC, VA area and considered it a vacation. It is what I enjoy doing. Visiting Crime Scenes and SAR points of interest, that is.

It is possible that CL body could have been secreted, inside an unaccessible to the public, cave or cavern in RCP. I did not take notice of metal grates placed on the ground but it seems a Congressman may have the ability to know everything there is to know about that particular area including water systems, unexplored caves, etc.
While I cannot place the McDs in Luray, att, it seems a lurid thing to do by using a pay ph after hours late at night. Clandestine behavior, to be sure. Was GC driving his red car att? CL never drove his car, did she?

It is also possible, considering CLs ability to keep secrets coupled with her propensity to date older gentlemen, that she met the CA Congressman earlier than suspected. Could he be the one who lit the "I want to be an FBI Agent" fire for her which propelled her to DC for an Internship? Strong sense that this may be closer to the truth rather than that her friend and she being introduced to GC shortly after arriving in DC. Is this an improper train of thought that their relationship began much sooner than she divulged to her Aunt?

CL had not long before her death told her Aunt that she and her guy would be getting married in about five years. CL had no reason to end their relationship. None.CL was not going to start at that moment to demand he put a ring on it. CL trusted GC. It is doubtful that CL connected the dots on asking GC about his alleged illegitimate child = the loss of her Internship within 2 weeks. Basically, she died shortly after revealing that she was aware of his [alleged] illegitimate child.

"Condit had given instructions to another former mistress about getting rid of dead bodies, his body presumably should he die while with her, and first off was to call a number, using a pay phone." Was this person a mistress during the same time period as Ann Marie and CL? Too bad they all didn't line up to testify like in the Bill Cosby tragedy. Is there a current count of how many mistresses prior to TOD and the dates of their relationships?

Snipped for focus:

While I cannot place the McDs in Luray, att, it seems a lurid thing to do by using a pay ph after hours late at night. Clandestine behavior, to be sure. Was GC driving his red car att? CL never drove his car, did she?

"About three hours before police started to search his apartment, the congressman and one of his top aides, Michael Dayton, drove to Alexandria in Dayton's black Volkswagen Jetta.

About 8 p.m., the Jetta pulled up to the curb at Route 1 and Vernon Street, near a McDonald's. Daniel Olson, a law firm temp who lived in the neighborhood, was driving home when he saw a man he recognized as Condit step out of the passenger side of the car. He watched Condit stroll over to a trash can, push something deep inside and return to the Jetta, which pulled away."

"He did foolish things over the course of time," [D.C. Chief of Detectives Jack] Barrett recalled. "We had to address him. There was so much energy that was wasted on this issue. He goes and gets real goofy on us.
We couldn't eliminate him."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/metro/specials/chandra/ch8_1.html

Public Defenders were requesting a number to be allowed to testify, I believe the "call this number from a payphone to get rid of a dead body" mistress was not granted for testimony due to being in the picture a few years before Chandra.

Everything you have written above is insightful. There is no doubt in my mind that Chandra met Condit when she was working internship with Gray Davis in Sacramento and Condit's kids were on his staff. He told Flammini about a girl he had met at that time. The significance of that is that the "married doctor" in Sacramento was Condit (later said to be an FBI agent in DC). She was familiar with Condit's motorcycle in a remark to her aunt but Condit had his motorcycle out in California. This explains how her paid internship at Bureau of Prisons was arranged, and has significance in timing of her abrupt departure from her paid internship after asking Condit about a black minister and his daughter back in California just before she disappeared.

I have doubts of her body in an enclosed space in Rock Creek Park. It is Luray Condit went to when the pressure was directed toward him in search for Chandra, something that wasn't supposed to happen.

I made a road trip to Luray (chapter Luray) and called my home number from that pay phone and talk about in chapter Luray. The interesting thing is that Condit's information to police was that he didn't have a car, so things like driving to Luray wouldn't have been expected to be possible. It's only through Ann Marie Smith coming forward (out of fear for her life) that police knew about his car which he kept at Dayton's house in Virginia. Which is where he came from the evening he threw the Tag Heuer watch box in a trash can in a Virginia park on his way home to meet police. Which is the person his changed timeline was said to have driven Condit home the day Chandra disappeared. Before that he said he met an ABC news producer until the news producer asked for the timeline and some helpful Condit staffer gave it to her. That's the only way we know about all the lies he was telling the DC police about his whereabouts when Chandra disappeared.

As if the DC police cared.

edited by me

Public Defenders were requesting a number to be allowed to testify, I believe the "call this number from a payphone to get rid of a dead body" mistress was not granted for testimony due to being in the picture a few years before Chandra.

Everything you have written above is insightful. There is no doubt in my mind that Chandra met Condit when she was working internship with Gray Davis in Sacramento and Condit's kids were on his staff. He told Flammini about a girl he had met at that time. The significance of that is that the "married doctor" in Sacramento was Condit (later said to be an FBI agent in DC). She was familiar with Condit's motorcycle in a remark to her aunt but Condit had his motorcycle out in California. This explains how her paid internship at Bureau of Prisons was arranged, and has significance in timing of her abrupt departure from her paid internship after asking Condit about a black minister and his daughter back in California just before she disappeared.

I have doubts of her body in an enclosed space in Rock Creek Park. It is Luray Condit went to when the pressure was directed toward him in search for Chandra, something that wasn't supposed to happen.

I made a road trip to Luray (chapter Luray) and called my home number from that pay phone and talk about in chapter Luray. The interesting thing is that Condit's information to police was that he didn't have a car..

Me:
It is possible that CL body could have been secreted, inside an unaccessible to the public, cave or cavern in RCP.

Reply:

The location is a critical cryptic clue. The "RPC" was my typo error. It should read "Luray [Caves and Caverns]." It is too late to edit my post, thus, be notified, that this is the edited version:

"It is possible that CL body could have been secreted, inside an unaccessible to the public, cave or cavern in Luray."

Are you talking about Hoppy, the younger brother? (his real name is Darrell, but Hoppy is his nickname) He's been in trouble with the law for years. He was arrested in Fort Lauderdale, Florida a few months after Chandra went missing. It was for a parole violation (from 1997) and possession of marijuana. To the best of my recollection, I don't believe he was in D.C. at the time of Chandra's disappearance. I could be wrong, though; I just don't remember hearing that.

Condit's older brother, Burl, is a police sergeant in Modesto.

This fact could be how CL thought to tell friends and family that she was dating a police officer when, in fact, she was dating the brother.

Chandra did date a policeman and had broken up before meeting Condit. It was a "married doctor" she said she was seeing while interning in Sacramento. She told pretty much everyone she communicated with in California (parents and some friends and her aunt towards Baltimore) that she was dating a Congressman, but told her friend the intern who was working for the Congressman that she was dating an FBI agent.

No one has ever said that Darrell was in DC when Chandra disappeared. However NE said he was missing from his temp job for a couple of weeks during that time, unknown how valid. Also Condit told police he had a relative staying with him before Chandra disappeared (and before his wife flew in), unknown who that relative could be.

I've yet to respond to some of your previous comments, but will take the opportunity to respond to these now.

Both the completely destroyed hard drive and cerebral hemorrhage note are from testimony in Guandique trial. The note especially was completely out of left field. Discussion determined that finding it on her counter was related to police searching her apartrment, visiting Condit, and coming back next day and finding her computer completely inoperable and the cerebral hemorrhage note on her counter. None of this was connected or commented upon at time back in 2001. It is only through one side remark from Gainer to explain delay that we knew hard drive had to have data read off of it.

I'm searching on my posts on this during Guandique trial:

"....In addition to Condit&#8217;s business card, items [D.C. Police evidence technician Charles] Egan was asked about included a handwritten note mentioning cerebral hemorrhage and cardiac death that was found on Levy&#8217;s kitchen countertop."

excerpt from McClatchy:
"Under questioning by defense attorney Hawilo, [FBI supervisory special agent Jane] Dombowski acknowledged that the computer&#8217;s hard drive also showed signs that police officers had used it during a May 9 search of Levy&#8217;s apartment."

From chapter Investigation in Murder on a Horse Trail:
"Niles Lathem of the New York Post reports how police sources describe the first questioning of Condit on May 9."

excerpt from Washington Post:
"Detective Sgt. Ronald Wyatt said he visited Levy's apartment May 9 and looked around.

Wyatt said he saw her laptop computer switched on and browsed it to see what sites she had recently visited. Then he turned it off to get a search warrant.

But when he returned the next day, the laptop powered up, but nothing was there. "The operating system was obliterated," Wyatt said."

excerpt from McClatchy:
"A trained forensics examiner, [FBI supervisory special agent Jane] Dombowski said she had to send the hard drive of Levy&#8217;s laptop to a Minnesota-based company in order to extract information because the hard drive could not otherwise be accessed."

"Domboski testified that when she removed the hard drive for examination, the forensic exam station did not recognize the data."

my comments:
It's clear that the "obliteration" was meant to lose everything on Chandra's computer. It took a facility to take Chandra's hard drive apart and read the data with a special read head to find out what was on her computer.

And I think it's pretty obvious who didn't want that information known. And it wasn't Guandique.

I can't even do more than guess where the note about cerebral hemorrhage on her kitchen counter, kept secret all this time by DC police, fits in with the secret overnight attempted destruction of her computer while a search warrant was being obtained.

rd

This is my first post in the CL thread, but I followed this case extremely closely at the beginning. In fact, the CL case was the first crime that really drew my attention. I recall eagerly watching the nightly news with hopes of an arrest during the summer of 2001. I cannot believe that it has been over 15 years since CL was murdered. Rest in peace.

I did not follow the Guandique trial and was surprised to hear that CL's hard drive had been wiped clean shortly after her death. There are so many coincidences in this case that it is hard to overlook them.

Anyway, I was reading parts of your book this evening (thank you for making it available on WS). In the chapter entitled "On Her Computer", I saw you reflecting on the possibility that it was not actually CL on her computer. Have CL's normal web browsing habits ever been released (or discussed at trial)? 3.5 hours is a long-time to be casually surfing the web. I am wondering if that amount of computer time was normal for her. If CL's computer was working when detectives first arrived at the scene but was destroyed while the SW was being obtained, someone clearly accessed CL's apartment and computer after her death. Did this same person perform the computer activity on the day of her death?

Some really good questions, Peach. Can tell you were following closely back then.

Glad you got to take a look at some of what I wrote, there's a lot more, hope you have other questiions to think about.

First, a clarification. The computer hard drive wasn't wiped clean. It was obliterated, that is, damaged such that neither the laptop nor even removing the hard drive and placing it in a read device could access it. However, a lab did read data off of it. This is done with more powerful equipment for scanning the hard drive for data.

So we ended up knowing what was on the computer despite the attempt to destroy it. Obviously a blatant destruction would have lost all data but this was an attempt that was not noticeable, i.e., not a sledgehammer attack. It was a more careful slamming or something that didn't break the laptop case.

I wrote On Her Computer to describe what happened and let the reader decide if it was her. After all, there was nothing that identified the user. The closest thing to a personal activity was forwarding a fare email to her parents concerning flights for them, but forwarded without comment. It would take someone that was familiar with Chandra to do that.

Of course, the Condit's were separately occupied at that time, and that is a lot of effort for no known benefit. The only thing that makes sense is to make it look like Chandra was not abducted in the wee hours and that wasn't her scream. Also it was focused searching on the Condit's and included a high level activity search on Rock Creek Park through the Washington Post, not with any detail, but yet her remains were found there. So if anything if not Chanda it would have been a setup of Condit for her death, although that would be a pretty extreme conspiracy theory.

The key to this is that Condit was never supposed to be tied to Chandra. That was the point of all the secrecy. And she honored that for the most part, one slip to her aunt gave it away, but she said you didn't hear that and her aunt pretended she hadn't. I'm sure Condit didn't know she was telling family and friends back in California she was dating a Congressman though, although she denied to her parents it was Condit.

Condit didn't find out until Chandra asked him about Rev. Thomas and his daughter, an inconsolable father telling her mother to warn Chandra about Condit. Whatever the reason, when Chandra asked Condit all phone records ceased as of that day, she was told to leave her paid interneship job the next week, Condit's wife flew in, and Chandra disappeared.

Even then, he didn't expect the police to link him, so when they came to question him about Chandra while they were getting a search warrant for her computer, they find her computer obliterated the next day, And a handwritten note on the counter about a cerebral hemorrage and cardiac arrest on her counter. In what handwriting? No details given. This was never mentioned by police. The Public Defenders raised it at Guandique's trial.

Why would there be a note like that on her counter? Remember that Condit's first story to police was that Chandra was obsessed with him and distraught at his refusal to take her calls, and the police thought she was suicidal. They didn't even look for her. They were waiting for her body to be found. Someone also told them and it got out discretely to some reporters that Chandra was a "frequent jogger" in Rock Creek Park. The anonymous early reporting on that (no bylines) cited "friends' that said Chandra was a frequent jogger in Rock Creek Park. Yet her actual friends Sven and Jennifer said it wasn't even a concept she entertained. I believe the only source of that could be Condit. He was a "friend" he told police.

There are no known normal browsing habits of Chandra, her parents probably would be only possible source of that. It looks like right down her bookmark list with heavy searching on Condit and his children, including Lexis Nexis Congressional schedule which of course is an expensive paid service. She would have used her government password for access although no longer an intern, or of course password could have been saved and user just clicked through, so again your call. But once in the usage was of determining Condit's schedule.

Most likely it was Chandra, and whoever obliterated her computer after Condit was linked to her that evening with police visit, didn't necessarily know exactly what was on it, just that they didn't want police to see what activity was on it.

And of course they would need a key to her apartment, which was not found with her remains.

rd

Hi, I am currently reading your online book, thank you very much for making it available for free. You did a wonderful job writing it, it is very informative and easy to read. For those of us who are unfamiliar with the D.C. area it definitely gives us an accurate way to visualize all of the locations.

My question is about Jennifer Thomas. I believe that you mention that she would have had to have been a senior in high school in the 1993 year book in order to have been at university in 1994. If she graduated in 1994 she would have been able to attend university in the fall of 94. Her senior year would have started in fall of 93, however she would have been listed as a senior in that year book (94), and a junior in the yearbook for fall of 92 spring of 93.

Even if she was somehow a different graduating year is it possible that she attended the campus rally as a high school senior? Do you know in what season she was to have met Condit?

Thank you for your time and dedication to Chandra's case.

Some really good questions, Peach. Can tell you were following closely back then.

Glad you got to take a look at some of what I wrote, there's a lot more, hope you have other questiions to think about.

First, a clarification. The computer hard drive wasn't wiped clean. It was obliterated, that is, damaged such that neither the laptop nor even removing the hard drive and placing it in a read device could access it. However, a lab did read data off of it. This is done with more powerful equipment for scanning the hard drive for data.

So we ended up knowing what was on the computer despite the attempt to destroy it. Obviously a blatant destruction would have lost all data but this was an attempt that was not noticeable, i.e., not a sledgehammer attack. It was a more careful slamming or something that didn't break the laptop case.

I wrote On Her Computer to describe what happened and let the reader decide if it was her. After all, there was nothing that identified the user. The closest thing to a personal activity was forwarding a fare email to her parents concerning flights for them, but forwarded without comment. It would take someone that was familiar with Chandra to do that.

Of course, the Condit's were separately occupied at that time, and that is a lot of effort for no known benefit. The only thing that makes sense is to make it look like Chandra was not abducted in the wee hours and that wasn't her scream. Also it was focused searching on the Condit's and included a high level activity search on Rock Creek Park through the Washington Post, not with any detail, but yet her remains were found there. So if anything if not Chanda it would have been a setup of Condit for her death, although that would be a pretty extreme conspiracy theory.

The key to this is that Condit was never supposed to be tied to Chandra. That was the point of all the secrecy. And she honored that for the most part, one slip to her aunt gave it away, but she said you didn't hear that and her aunt pretended she hadn't. I'm sure Condit didn't know she was telling family and friends back in California she was dating a Congressman though, although she denied to her parents it was Condit.

Condit didn't find out until Chandra asked him about Rev. Thomas and his daughter, an inconsolable father telling her mother to warn Chandra about Condit. Whatever the reason, when Chandra asked Condit all phone records ceased as of that day, she was told to leave her paid interneship job the next week, Condit's wife flew in, and Chandra disappeared.

Even then, he didn't expect the police to link him, so when they came to question him about Chandra while they were getting a search warrant for her computer, they find her computer obliterated the next day, And a handwritten note on the counter about a cerebral hemorrage and cardiac arrest on her counter. In what handwriting? No details given. This was never mentioned by police. The Public Defenders raised it at Guandique's trial.

Why would there be a note like that on her counter? Remember that Condit's first story to police was that Chandra was obsessed with him and distraught at his refusal to take her calls, and the police thought she was suicidal. They didn't even look for her. They were waiting for her body to be found. Someone also told them and it got out discretely to some reporters that Chandra was a "frequent jogger" in Rock Creek Park. The anonymous early reporting on that (no bylines) cited "friends' that said Chandra was a frequent jogger in Rock Creek Park. Yet her actual friends Sven and Jennifer said it wasn't even a concept she entertained. I believe the only source of that could be Condit. He was a "friend" he told police.

There are no known normal browsing habits of Chandra, her parents probably would be only possible source of that. It looks like right down her bookmark list with heavy searching on Condit and his children, including Lexis Nexis Congressional schedule which of course is an expensive paid service. She would have used her government password for access although no longer an intern, or of course password could have been saved and user just clicked through, so again your call. But once in the usage was of determining Condit's schedule.

Most likely it was Chandra, and whoever obliterated her computer after Condit was linked to her that evening with police visit, didn't necessarily know exactly what was on it, just that they didn't want police to see what activity was on it.

And of course they would need a key to her apartment, which was not found with her remains.

rd

hi BelleIsle, thanks. Due to the sensitive nature of the possibly innocent bystander nature of the people involved, the reporting on this was pretty murky.

I don't know with any more clarity than I wrote at the time, and I believe I leave some questions in that chapter. They were never answered.

The takeaway I had on this was that true or not, and there's definitely truth in what the reverend told Chandra's mother, just don't know that Condit was actually involved or a person in the news that lived down the street, but the takeaway to me is that Chandra asking Condit about this would have sent shock waves through him for many, many reasons, and logged phone call communications between them ceased that day, she was told to leave her paid internship job the next week, and she disappeared a few days later, still in secret communications with someone.

She had big news for her aunt and was checking for a message every few minutes the day before she disappeared. She spent late night and mid morning searching on news and activities on Condit and his family, and it is very likely the big news came from Condit.

But between the Thomas information and Chandra demanding a confrontation with his wife, any news from Condit was likely misleading.

hi BelleIsle, thanks. Due to the sensitive nature of the possibly innocent bystander nature of the people involved, the reporting on this was pretty murky.

I don't know with any more clarity than I wrote at the time, and I believe I leave some questions in that chapter. They were never answered.

The takeaway I had on this was that true or not, and there's definitely truth in what the reverend told Chandra's mother, just don't know that Condit was actually involved or a person in the news that lived down the street, but the takeaway to me is that Chandra asking Condit about this would have sent shock waves through him for many, many reasons, and logged phone call communications between them ceased that day, she was told to leave her paid internship job the next week, and she disappeared a few days later, still in secret communications with someone.

She had big news for her aunt and was checking for a message every few minutes the day before she disappeared. She spent late night and mid morning searching on news and activities on Condit and his family, and it is very likely the big news came from Condit.

But between the Thomas information and Chandra demanding a confrontation with his wife, any news from Condit was likely misleading.

Thank you very much for your response. I agree, I think that she was absolutely mislead by Condit, and it was possible that she thought that they were heading to his house to have a confrontation with his wife on the day she disappeared. He seems very predatorial and manipulative, it's shocking to me that his women (victims?) put up with so much bs...I can only imagine that his wife must be very much in denial.

Boy, haven't been here since they let Guandique go...

and I have to agree with

Dewclaw said:
snipped by me...
Thank you RD. Your posts are very informative and thought provoking.

Especially post #632! I always thought Condit had "something" to do with this... found a page I can read your book! Looking forward to it.

I remember the reported 911 call, and nothing happened with that... a shame!

So... DC police are doing something about this re-opened case.... or not.... :confused:

neesaki said:
Interesting, where is Condit these days, is he still in politics?
rd_jfc said:
Condit is in Phoenix area I believe, through the years there were reports he was trying to get back into politics as a consultant, his son ran in a California race but lost.

above ^^ someone mentioned he has an ice cream place in Arizona...

Is he still married?

Now off to read your chapters RD!

:seeya:

Gary Condit breaks his silence 15 years after the murder of Chandra Levy in Dr. Phil interview and DENIES ever having an affair with the intern

In an interview with Dr. Phil set to air on Thursday, Condit denies claims that he and Levy ever had an affair or any sort of sexual relationship.
'I saw her one time. I saw her one time outside the office, at a restaurant. And she came by my condo once,' Condit tells Dr. Phil during the interview.
When Dr. Phil then asks if Condit is certain it was only once, the former congressman stumbles over his words a bit and begins to change his story.
'Maybe twice. Yeah I think it was twice she came by,' says Condit.
'But once again I want to make this clear, there's nothing unusual about someone coming by my condo. A lot of people did.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...il-interview-DENIES-having-affair-intern.html

Whether or not Condit had anything to do with the death of Chandra, I simply do not know. There is one thing I am absolutely certain of however and that is that Gary Condit is a liar.

Whether or not Condit had anything to do with the death of Chandra, I simply do not know. There is one thing I am absolutely certain of however and that is that Gary Condit is a liar.

I cannot believe after all this time he did that interview. I frequently jogged in Rock Creek back when CL was found, and never stopped because I didn't think a random crime happened. If he lied about the relationship then and now (guess he doesn't realize people are keeping track of his 'stories'), it's not a huge leap that he had something to do with her death. I feel terrible for her parents. Her mom always made my heart heavy when I saw her on the news.

Apparently Condit is hawking a new book he and some other dude have written.

http://www.actualmalicebook.com/about-the-book

“If you know nothing about Gary Condit or the tragic death of Chandra Levy, there has never been amore engaging and thoughtful introduction to the sordid interplay between politicians, law enforcement, and the media. Actual Malice should be required reading for any public figure.

If you followed the story of the murdered intern and the congressman driven from office by one of the most intense media cyclones in history, Actual Malice will challenge virtually everything you think you know.

Breton Peace takes readers on a roller coaster ride through Congressman Condit's eyes, as corrupt and incompetent cops and a dark, insidious team of "scandal management" experts manipulate a willing press.”​

There was a time when I was fairly well informed on the Chandra Levy case but I noticed this in the latest Daily Mail article and I do not remember this:

&#8220;The park's administrative office was also one of the last searches on Condit's computer the day that Chandra went missing.&#8221;

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ENIES-having-affair-intern.html#ixzz4O2fJXYYu

That's Klingle Mansion. It is entirely misleading (this is what police told the press). I analyzed this in chapter On Her Computer. She looked at a page in Washington Post about Rock Creek Park and the park headquarters address was given as the location of the park at top of page. Obviously the park spans miles but it identified the park by the park office.

There was a green blob map of Rock Creek Park from MapQuest that as I looked at it at the time was literally a green blob with no details. A search was made of the park because that search result was found among other search results. As I write this I have to go back and check, but the claim that it was the last search made on her computer is a common one that was made to make it look like Chandra did a search for jogging and then got up and went jogging. This in fact is a quote from trial testimony as reported on McClatchy:

....For about 90 minutes mid-day May 1 ... looked up information about Baskin-Robbins, about Rock Creek Park....

....&#8220;There were searches for Gary Condit on various sites,&#8221; defense attorney Maria Hawilo noted, adding that there also searches for Carolyn Condit and son Chad Condit.

At 12:59 p.m. May 1, with a final, unexplained search for information on the French province of Alsace-Lorraine, the user of Levy&#8217;s computer signed off the Internet.

&#8220;That was the last Internet&#8230;file I was able to find,&#8221; Dombowski testified....

end quote

That's an FBI forensics investigator testifying, but that isn't what you'll see from the press quoting the DC police or prosecutors. That's the kind of lying they've done all along.

I had to write a book to straighten out all the lies. Condit was the source of a good many of them.

Everything about her searches were focused on Condit, and just as Baskin-Robbins was searched, if Rock Creek Park was searched it had something to do with Condit, the same as the search for a trip to France. In fact, when Condit left a phone message for Chandra a day or two after she disappeared , he asked in voice mail - "maybe you're out of the country?"

rd

re Klingle Mansion, etc.

Yes, I am aware of all that but the quote I was referring to was “The park's administrative office was also one of the last searches on Condit's computer the day that Chandra went missing.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlowersInBloom
Back