DC DC - Chandra Levy, 24, Washington DC, 1 May 2001 *found deceased in 2002*

I come back to this case every now and then. It seemed that 9/11 overshadowed the continuing news on the case. Is Conduit guilty of murder? I can't rule it out, but I can't settle on it either. He had an affair with her, that much is certain. But his guilty behavior could be the result of trying to cover up the affair rather than cover up a murder. LE's missteps early on - the computer mess up, not obtaining the video surveillance while it was still available, the park search mess up - means a loss of crucial evidence.

I come back to this case every now and then. It seemed that 9/11 overshadowed the continuing news on the case. Is Conduit guilty of murder? I can't rule it out, but I can't settle on it either. He had an affair with her, that much is certain. But his guilty behavior could be the result of trying to cover up the affair rather than cover up a murder. LE's missteps early on - the computer mess up, not obtaining the video surveillance while it was still available, the park search mess up - means a loss of crucial evidence.

I can't let go of Condit being involved either...

Bumping this thread up.

There was a trial which resulted in a first degree murder conviction and 60 year prison sentence for Ingmar Guandique.

Guadique, an "undocumented immigrant" (illegal alien) was already serving a prison sentence for two rape convictions.

On appeal, a new trial was ordered, but eventually, the charges were dropped and Guandique was deported back to his native country of El Salvador.

Gary Condit (5 term Congressman from California) was never declared a suspect or charged for any crime related to Chandra Levy's murder. He was, however, investigated and widely reported in the press as having had an alleged affair with Chandra. His reported connection and bad press caused him to lose his re-election bid.

Chandra Levey's murder is considered an unsolved case.

Bumping this thread up.

There was a trial which resulted in a first degree murder conviction and 60 year prison sentence for Ingmar Guandique.

Guadique, an "undocumented immigrant" (illegal alien) was already serving a prison sentence for two rape convictions.

On appeal, a new trial was ordered, but eventually, the charges were dropped and Guandique was deported back to his native country of El Salvador.

Gary Condit (5 term Congressman from California) was never declared a suspect or charged for any crime related to Chandra Levy's murder. He was, however, investigated and widely reported in the press as having had an alleged affair with Chandra. His reported connection and bad press caused him to lose his re-election bid.

Chandra Levey's murder is considered an unsolved case.
Thanks for bumping this thread!!

This story seems to have lost traction and we never hear about it anymore.

I thought GC was involved in some way for the longest time.

Hoping for some case updates soon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brattjy11