DC DC - Chandra Levy, 24, Washington DC, 1 May 2001 *found deceased in 2002*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I followed this case very closely when it happened. I've been trying for a couple of hours to access the first article. I can get the first page but the next page won't load. Darn!

I'll go ahead and read the latest article in the meantime.

fran

You know, I did as well, and I truly believed Condit was responsible. My subsequent research has me questioning that. Don't get me wrong, I think Condit was a . I know what it feels like to be without answers for the death of someone you love; so I am committed to following the piece and to keep an open mind.

What has always stuck with me is her search of that Park- It was the first and only on her computer, she was leaving DC, imo, she was asked to meet someone there, period. It is the "why" that is in question.

And again, she wasn't just going home for good. She was going home with the expectation that Condit was going to quit his job, become a lobbyist, and be with her.

She said as much to an acquaintance who gave all the details to the Wash.Post.

I've always thought that for Condit, a conversation happened along the lines of "I have a problem..." and someone said, "We'll take care of it for you." Or said nothing at all.

So he can claim he knows nothing. The timing is just way too convenient, and I think the MO was chosen to copycat the other intern deaths.

And again, she wasn't just going home for good. She was going home with the expectation that Condit was going to quit his job, become a lobbyist, and be with her.

I've always thought that for Condit, a conversation happened along the lines of "I have a problem..." and someone said, "We'll take care of it for you." Or said nothing at all.

So he can claim he knows nothing. The timing is just way too convenient, and I think the MO was chosen to copycat the other intern deaths.

Texana you are brilliant! I remember saying the same things! High fives!!

Very possible, and if that is the case than the encouraging this is that this is potentially solvable, and this family can get the answers they need

I'm glad they're giving the case more exposure. I still think about her from time to time.

ITA with this. I think Condit knew some really scummy people who would do his bidding. I think he told Chandra to meet HIM in the park and she ended up meeting his "friends".....:furious:

Texana you are brilliant! I remember saying the same things! High fives!!

ha,thanks.

I really think that nothing was ever said and everything was implied. There was much whispering at the time that Condit had some connections with labor unions, and labor unions definitely have connections with organized crime. (Jimmy Hoffa, anyone?)

Texana - thanks for posting! I would have never known about this and now I look forward to reading it with my morning coffee when I get to work.

There was a show on not very long ago exploring the possibility of a seriel killer in DC as three women have disappeared, 2 from Dupont Circle (Levy being one of the two), and were later found murdered in and around D.C.

Thanks for the link Texana.

Wow, all this old stuff we've completely forgotten about! Bet Condit just hates this new attention to the case.

He's soo...............nevermind!:eek:

He knows, imho.:rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

I am loving this thread! Gosh..Condit is such scum! Did his wife ever divorce the cheating b@stard?

I don't think so. The last I heard they were living in Arizona. They had a Baskin Robbins store (maybe 2) but there was a lawsuit going on between them and BR. I can't remember who was suing who. He was also paying his 2 bratty kids big bucks out of his campaign fund for "services". What a scum.

From Wiki:
Sonoran News defamation of character
In July 2006, Condit sued the Sonoran News, a free weekly circular, for defamation of character, after the publication wrote "that Condit was the 'main focus in the Chandra Levy case in 2001, after lying to investigators about his affair with Levy.'"[16]

The case was dismissed in July 2007 when the judge ruled that Condit had not proved the statement was false, or that the paper had published it with actual malice.

[edit] Baskin Robbins franchises revoked
Following his congressional career, Condit moved to Arizona.[16] In February 2005, he started two Baskin-Robbins ice cream shop franchises with his wife and children in Glendale. In March 2006, Baskin Robbins revoked the franchising agreement, claiming the Condits owed them $14,221.29. Among the corporation's complaints was that the Condits continued to use the Baskin Robbins name after the franchises were revoked.[16]

[edit] Children prosecuted for PAC fraud
On January 10, 2006, the California Fair Political Practices Commission filed a $2 million suit against Condit's children, alleging violations of the Political Reform Act in relation to Justice PAC.[16][22]

According to the FPPC complaint, the "purported mission of Defendant Justice PAC was to explore then-Congressman Gary Condit's press coverage." The PAC had been originally established in 1999 under a different name, "Keep California Golden," to finance "then-Congressman Condit's opportunities to run for state office and to pursue issues of importance to him at the state level." The name change took place at Condit's orders in a letter dated March 11, 2002, in which Condit also fired the PAC's treasurer and ordered that his son Chad would take over. Chad remained as treasurer until the PAC was dissolved in March 15, 2005.[23]

The FPPC complaint notes that both children had been working in the administration of California governor Gray Davis, but resigned "in a show of support for their father" during the growing Chandra Levy scandal in August of 2001.[23] Cadee had been making $52,000 a year for working in Davis' private office; Chad had been paid $110,000 a year for acting as the governor's personal representative in Central Valley.[24]

The FPPC alleges that Chad and Cadee misused funds donated to the Justice PAC for their personal enrichment in the months between March 2002 and June 2003. The FPPC asserts the two children took $226,000 for "no discernible work" and that as a result, the PAC's assets dropped from $270,793 in February 2002 to $1,513.87 at the end of June 2003. The money was allegedly paid to develop a documentary about their father, though neither child has any experience with filmmaking; and as "Christmas bonuses."[23]

If found responsible, Condit's children could be fined for three times as much as the amount in question, bringing the total fines demanded up to about $2 million.[23]

The FPPC enforcement actions against both Condit children were dropped quietly in 2007.

Gosh Pepper, you're full of Condit trivia. :)

Here's a link that could be interesting to anyone with an afternoon to waste. ;)

Lot's of Condit info and that of his friends, group or as they were known, "Gang of Five." Kinda' reiterates, 'birds of a feather flock together.' Goes for his kids too, 'the apple doesn't fall far from the tree,' so to speak. Kinda' details some of Pepper's info.

JMHO
fran

http://www.answers.com/topic/gary-condit

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member