GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lt Anthony Haythe from DC Police

POI IS a female.
No info on if Messerschmitt was set up.
No comment on info found on cell phone.
No comment on forced entry.
On use of apps to meet people "something we're looking into"
Has the case gone cold? "Still an active investigation."
Have you received leads? "We have received leads."
Was Messerschmitt gay? "Will not comment on anything about his lifestyle."
Why he got a hotel room? "That is info pertinent to the investigation that I cannot reveal."
Looking for one person or more? "I'm not sure of that at this time"

This station is having an update at 6:30 PM. They will talk about why DC police won't tell the reason for David being in the hotel in the first place. I know it is said that he was found face down, stabbed to death but I don't remember hearing that he was found in bed. This reporter says that he was in bed. Some video filmed in front of hotel, lots of traffic there.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...d-at-donovan-hotel-to-talk-to-press/70418600/

Listening to the FOX 5 DC feed after the press conference (as the crews were packing up) I heard a public relations person ask the reporters "Does anyone need a hard copy of Kim's statement?" [The reporters all said no]

That being said, I understand why she was completely scripted but (as often happens when done for times like this) it made her come across as distant, the heartfelt words did not come across as from the heart because she was reading it exactly. Public perception is so important at times like this and sadly scripting her every word likely did them more harm than good with the viewer/public.

So POI is a female and he was found in bed.
MORE!!! I NEED MORE!!:tantrum:

Her statement is as follows:

My name is Kim Vuong, and I am David Messerschmitt’s wife. On February 10th, he was found stabbed to death at the Donovan Hotel in Washington, DC. Behind me is my family. I am so grateful they could be with me today.

I am here to urge anyone who may have any information about the murder of my husband to please come forward. I know there are people out there who could bring justice to David and me, to our families and friends, and to everyone in Washington who deserves to live in safety.

I urge people to watch the surveillance video from the night of David’s murder at the hotel. That video captures the image of the person of interest. Please ask yourself if you recognize that individual. And, if you recognize that individual, or even think you may recognize that person, immediately call the Washington, DC police at 202-727-9099. Even if you don’t recognize that person of interest, but have any information about the crime, please contact the police. Even the smallest detail could help.

The world has lost a good person. David’s family: a son and brother, and I have lost everything: my husband and my best friend. In one day, I lost the most important person in my life and the man I loved so much. And I have no answers.

I am here because I need people to know about David. My husband was the gentlest and kindest hearted person I knew. He worked hard at everything. He was a brilliant lawyer who people trusted. He was deeply dedicated to his family and spent a great deal of his time traveling to be with them. His nieces and nephews adored him and loved to run around and play with their Uncle David.

He was also the most dependable friend. David’s friends knew he was always there for them. David always put his friends and family first, because they were the most important things in his life.

I want to thank the Washington DC Metropolitan Police Department for their hard work and continued diligence. Chief of Police Cathy Lanier, Sergeant Carlos Bundy, and Detectives Damion Johnson and Christopher Bastian have assured me they are doing everything they can to find whoever caused this terrible tragedy.

I also want to thank the media for being here today to bring attention to David’s unsolved murder, and for continuing to respect my privacy and the privacy of our family and friends. I want to be clear, I will not be answering any questions after this press conference. I won’t be answering questions because I don’t have any answers.

Again, if you know anything at all about the crime, please call the Washington Metropolitan Police Department at 202-727-9099.

Please help us heal. Give us all peace.

Thank you.

Video of her statement can be viewed here.

This station is having an update at 6:30 PM. They will talk about why DC police won't tell the reason for David being in the hotel in the first place. I know it is said that he was found face down, stabbed to death but I don't remember hearing that he was found in bed. This reporter says that he was in bed. Some video filmed in front of hotel, lots of traffic there.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...d-at-donovan-hotel-to-talk-to-press/70418600/

Not sure if the body being found on the bed is accurate; According to a search warrant, Messerschmitt was found laying on the floor, with stab wounds to his back.

Note: Pat Collins is one of the best DC crime reporters and he is leading the coverage for WRC (NBC 4). I tend to find him far more credible than WUSA's reporter.

Here's a hint: Give me a "D", give me an "A", give me a "P" (I'd better stop before I get in trouble). I don't know this for certain but it took my hinky meter way up when I saw her picture and comments, before they got deleted, of course. And it was only half of her face!

This is in today's paper...

"According to a search warrant, Messerschmitt was found laying on the floor with stab wounds to his back. He was pronounced dead at the scene. "

Snipped

"That woman hit the elevator button but then decided to take the stairs, slowly covering up her face as time goes on.
Police would not say how they determined the person of interest is a woman, saying that could damage

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...ircle-Hotel-to-Give-Statement-297519961.html#

Thanks for the updates and links.

Glad to see something in the news to remind people in the DC area of this unsolved homicide from 2/10! It's been too quiet, IMO.

I can't watch the videos right now...for those that have, was there any acts of comforting between his wife and his Ohio family? (Hugs after, hand on shoulder, anything?) I'm just curious if there is any insight as to whether they looked supportive, versus strong to go through this but not necessarily close? I assume they were standing behind her? Anyone catch any non-verbal cues, by chance?

I can't watch the videos right now...for those that have, was there any acts of comforting between his wife and his Ohio family? (Hugs after, hand on shoulder, anything?) I'm just curious if there is any insight as to whether they looked supportive, versus strong to go through this but not necessarily close? I assume they were standing behind her? Anyone catch any non-verbal cues, by chance?

Post statement very staged individual hugs before walking away together.

Hands on shoulder, patting during the statement when she started to become emotional. So sad. I don't know what to think.

It was probably due to the disconnect due to her being totally scripted but the tears came across as crocodile tears included in the script.
IMO completely scripting her statement is an epic fail by the PR firm they're using.

Definitely need more. I can't imagine how they've 100% verified the sex of the person in the video unless they know exactly who s/he is.

Definitely need more. I can't imagine how they've 100% verified the sex of the person in the video unless they know exactly who s/he is.

Perhaps the unreleased footage of POI exiting the Donovan shows a different "look" than when she entered the hotel.

Didn't really learn much from the PC but it brings the case to the public again
And we have seven guests following.

IMO, there is likely video that proves the POI is female, video that has not been released.
Still don't know if someone was invited in or forced their way in.
No confirmation about useful information DM's phone

It was probably due to the disconnect due to her being totally scripted but the tears came across as crocodile tears included in the script.
IMO completely scripting her statement is an epic fail by the PR firm they're using.

Just checking on this PR firm comment - who is using, do you know? Kim or OH family? Hopefully they only recently hired one, because if anything, there sure hasn't been much in the news, active promoting this crime and finding the suspect, it appears. One would think a PR firm would want to be promoting the "help find the murderer" in the DC area..................or, not.........?

It's just so quiet! Or, is there more happening locally? But if so, y'all are so good at posting everything.

JMO, but if this happened to my family, I'd be expecting more public activities to keep it in the news, etc. Maybe they have their own suspect in mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1