GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you watch it with the knowledge that their public relations firm managed the event and I assume got KV & M's parents/siblings to buy into a PR strategy where it would be most effective for Kim to read a written statement verbatim on behalf of her and the family; does that change your impression?

I cannot stress enough that their PR firm is to blame for this. How do I know without a doubt the PR firm managed it? I heard someone from the firm offering reporters a hard copy of Kim's statement after the event. (So I have no doubt that the PR firm emphasized that the statement be read verbatim so it matched the handouts that they already printed)

I would certainly not need a PR firm OR a scripted statement!!! It would just come pouring out of me begging for help in finding the murderer. I would have been front and center every day with anyone or any TV station that would listen to me. I would not be quiet.

The impression I got from David's family members (?) who were there was one of not caring for what was being stated. Just my opinion. I would have much rather have heard from David's Mom or Dad.

:moo:

Maybe there were 2 perps? One in the room who seduced him, while the larger one seen on the video was hiding in the room (a closet) or was let into the room, or one told him she'd ordered them room service (champagne, etc).....who knows. Bottom line is that while only one perp seen on video, there still could been another involved. Could have even been a member of hotel staff for all we know.

Or expected someone to show up to his room. Yep.

I wonder how a second person would get upstairs and then into the room? Wouldn't he/she likely be on video too? And surely DM would make sure door was firmly closed after admitting the person he expected.

I really don't think this was a matter of a "random" crime, meaning a matter of sex trade business gone bad, where it could have been any victim who arranged to meet a sex worker. I think this was about money, but not a robbery. Jmo

Miss Muffet - you must have missed this post. I wasn't being snarky...I think it will be solved soon, whether it was a lover, someone hired, a hook-up. Justice for this smart young man, if this was a set-up with items being left behind, that will really make me mad. He didn't deserve this kind of humility. No one does.

BBM: I certainly agree with the bolded statement, Happyshoes.

*I believe it was personal because of the obvious anger David was stabbed with. There was blood on the walls and door. There was a struggle and I believe David was trying to get away. I do think those items found were brought there by the murderer.

MOO

Has LE released any details about how tall the 'woman' in the surveillance tape is? Also, wondering if there is some distortion in the tape, e.g., could appear heavier or whatever from actual size. It seem LE could get a fairly accurate height of the person through comparisons.

Has LE released any details about how tall the 'woman' in the surveillance tape is? Also, wondering if there is some distortion in the tape, e.g., could appear heavier or whatever from actual size. It seem LE could get a fairly accurate height of the person through comparisons.

Great question, time. I had stated in the first thread that it does depend on the shape of the lens on the surveillance camera. You should see some of the security footage I've seen! Unless adjusted properly, it can make the person look abnormally wide and/or short.
I also have an old TV in the den with a 52 inch screen. I can make a 6'4" person look short and squat trying to adjust it.

JMO, but LE most likely knows who is responsible for David's murder but not enough evidence for an arrest. LE won't give up!

MOO

Do we know the exact time of the text from David to his wife?

How does that match up with the times in the POI video?

LE will have all that info and it will definitely give them lots of information. Where her phone was at the time to receive said text. What other texts/calls bounced off that same tower in the 10 minutes thereafter.

Do we know the exact time of the text from David to his wife?

How does that match up with the times in the POI video?

LE will have all that info and it will definitely give them lots of information. Where her phone was at the time to receive said text. What other texts/calls bounced off that same tower in the 10 minutes thereafter.
It's not her. That person is way too heavy to be her. And it does not look like someone put on a ton of clothes and padding to look bigger. The person in that video has HUGE hips. It's like the polar opposite of his wife.

It's not her. That person is way too heavy to be her. And it does not look like someone put on a ton of clothes and padding to look bigger. The person in that video has HUGE hips. It's like the polar opposite of his wife.

I'm not saying its her.

I'm saying the text from David to his wife coincides almost exactly with the perp entering the hotel, or very soon after.

A bit too strangely coincidental for my liking.

LE will have all sorts of details that they are keeping under their hats.

Phone records and whether David used that hotel regularly or previously for starters.

I wonder if DM was somehow lured to the hotel. If he had another phone (disposable) taken by killer, we may never know. But his phone records should tell a story, if he did not have another phone.

Maybe the whole thing was a set-up, including the objects found in room.

In just reading KV's statement, it would be very difficult for me to say all those nice things about him in a time like this. Pursuming she has no knowledge of what led up to this murder, the factors surrounding his murder are enough to make a wife feel bitter, cheated on, and in deep denial about who she was married to.

In fact, what was the purpose of all the enlightenment of David's qualties? How is this going to help identify this POI? Did I miss something? Sure, the family wants to clear his name from the picture that has been painted, but how do they know for sure what David was doing? A married man in a hotel room for several hours, without his wife, is not a good picture regardless of his qualities!

If the police has a video of the POI arriving it also has a video of the POI leaving. How long before arrival and departure ? Better footage of what the person looks like.... That person seems to be very aware of camera locations, was a dry run made in previous days, most likely very few people use the stairs so it would be fairly easy to look at videos of previous weeks. They know so much more than we do.

I read this theory elsewhere and it's intriguing; I've contemplated the theory for about 12 hours and I still find it really interesting so I figured I'd share it here for you all to deconstruct... If nothing else, the writer seems to have done their homework and is thinking outside the box. Here it is:

"My gut theory is that this was a contract murder and probably involved a very unhappy investor(s) that lost a lot of money and this was some kind of payback.

Why?

Well, the victim most recently worked at 2 major DC law firms with international presence as an attorney advising and representing clients such as startup as well as Fortune 500 companies -- including anything to do with financial services and investment banking.

His brother is Vice President of Investment Management at Morgan Stanley (and oddly Adam's LinkedIn account has been deleted or deactivated -- it was there last week). DLA Piper which is the law firm where the victim worked represents a lot of investment companies and underwriters, including Morgan Stanley. DLA Piper also advises on alternative investment strategies including hedge funds.

So, this is just a wild guess ... could the two brother have been involved in some kind of hedge fund scheme that went bad and an unhappy investor or investors decided to do harm as in a murder?

It is also odd that, according to news outlets, that a family member called the DC police to check for the victim at the Donovan hotel and just about the same time the wife filed a missing person report, the parents and a brother from NY -- I'm guessing Adam -- were already en route to DC.

Could the brother Adam have known that the victim was planning to stay at the Donovan hotel? Did the victim think he was supposed to meet a disgruntled hedge fund investor(s) but instead was greeted by a contract killer?"

What? Eyes cut at the same angle as the person on the stairs?

ETA: Who else has a bottom lip that protrudes further than the top lip?

No, I was referring to that thing she does at the PC with her shoulder to sort of get a grip on things and keep moving on with the statement. When LE first put out their video, a gesture of the POI's stood out to me, when she first enters the hotel, on the assumption that most of her movements were contrived to deceive, that one seemed natural. Then David's widow did something with her shoulder during the times I posted up thread which reminded me of it.

Hasting Chi, I haven't seen what you're referring to. You know how artist are said to put aspects of their own features unknowingly into their portraits of others? I agree, it looks like a contract hit timed to what ever was going on around the time of the text David was said to have sent from the hotel at around 7:35 pm, IIRC. Whether it is what it looks like, who knows, but we know now it is definitely a woman who is no taller than the luggage racks trying to look like a big dude. So, it still doesn't rub like a pro hit, or pro revenge, though the anger is there, my sense of it, and it is very cold and seems extremely calculated, set up as it were. I think his job being involved or his brother's is a stretch, but a fair one for out of the boxing it, for somebody who knows a lot about contract law.

In just reading KV's statement, it would be very difficult for me to say all those nice things about him in a time like this. Pursuming she has no knowledge of what led up to this murder, the factors surrounding his murder are enough to make a wife feel bitter, cheated on, and in deep denial about who she was married to.

In fact, what was the purpose of all the enlightenment of David's qualties? How is this going to help identify this POI? Did I miss something? Sure, the family wants to clear his name from the picture that has been painted, but how do they know for sure what David was doing? A married man in a hotel room for several hours, without his wife, is not a good picture regardless of his qualities!

Yes, all true. However, he is deceased, and left this world in a horrific violent manner. That most likely would remove some of the anger towards him, some. That, and it is obvious to me that she really loved him. It sounds like he was a good man who had a failing. Of which, there are many.

No, I was referring to that thing she does at the PC with her shoulder to sort of get a grip on things and keep moving on with the statement. When LE first put out their video, a gesture of the POI's stood out to me, when she first enters the hotel, on the assumption that most of her movements were contrived to deceive, that one seemed natural. Then David's widow did something with her shoulder during the times I posted up thread which reminded me of it.

Hasting Chi, I haven't seen what you're referring to. You know how artist are said to put aspects of their own features unknowingly into their portraits of others? I agree, it looks like a contract hit timed to what ever was going on around the time of the text David was said to have sent from the hotel at around 7:35 pm, IIRC. Whether it is what it looks like, who knows, but we know now it is definitely a woman who is no taller than the luggage racks trying to look like a big dude. So, it still doesn't rub like a pro hit, or pro revenge, though the anger is there, my sense of it, and it is very cold and seems extremely calculated, set up as it were. I think his job being involved or his brother's is a stretch, but a fair one for out of the boxing it, for somebody who knows a lot about contract law.

I've already posted that I do *not* believe the wife has anything to do with this. I find her to be genuine, and horrifically traumatized. God Bless her! However, I agree that there are some similarities to the facial attributes of the Perp. Haven't quite connected the dots on that one yet.
But one thing keeps resounding with me - it was "personnel", and very well executed. The manner in which he was found, the overkill, are very "personnel". And again, I think this had the trademarks of a "pro" hit. Too smooth. I can't imagine a "novice" attempting to pull this off in the premeditated fashion it was.

I read this theory elsewhere and it's intriguing; I've contemplated the theory for about 12 hours and I still find it really interesting so I figured I'd share it here for you all to deconstruct... If nothing else, the writer seems to have done their homework and is thinking outside the box. Here it is:

"My gut theory is that this was a contract murder and probably involved a very unhappy investor(s) that lost a lot of money and this was some kind of payback.

Why?

Well, the victim most recently worked at 2 major DC law firms with international presence as an attorney advising and representing clients such as startup as well as Fortune 500 companies -- including anything to do with financial services and investment banking.

His brother is Vice President of Investment Management at Morgan Stanley (and oddly Adam's LinkedIn account has been deleted or deactivated -- it was there last week). DLA Piper which is the law firm where the victim worked represents a lot of investment companies and underwriters, including Morgan Stanley. DLA Piper also advises on alternative investment strategies including hedge funds.

So, this is just a wild guess ... could the two brother have been involved in some kind of hedge fund scheme that went bad and an unhappy investor or investors decided to do harm as in a murder?

It is also odd that, according to news outlets, that a family member called the DC police to check for the victim at the Donovan hotel and just about the same time the wife filed a missing person report, the parents and a brother from NY -- I'm guessing Adam -- were already en route to DC.

Could the brother Adam have known that the victim was planning to stay at the Donovan hotel? Did the victim think he was supposed to meet a disgruntled hedge fund investor(s) but instead was greeted by a contract killer?"

Thanks for sharing something different! I haven't seen any news reports saying that a family member called police to have them check the Donovan Hotel, but maybe there are some I've missed.

To go WAY out on a limb... since Paul Ceglia is missing (likely on the lam), I momentarily contemplated the idea that DM's murder could be associated with that case (as it would likely fall under intellectual property law). Although DLA Piper is no longer representing Ceglia in the Facebook case, Zuckerberg has filed suit against the firm. I'm quite certain that I've watched too many crime/mystery movies and this is NOT related to this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487